Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

darkborn202 Wants and Limits

Started by darkborn202, November 16, 2018, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkborn202

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I dunno... Adventure? Fantasy (Heheheh...)? I like military, but not ALL the time (Thank you, Warhammer 40k...). I also like Romance, but not at a primary; rather, I like it as a...secondary? Interwoven? theme. I also like a slight influence of investigation, and an even slighter influence of horror.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Hm... I don't like Romance as THE main theme.. I also don't like Investigation and Horror as main themes (Investigation just gets repetitious, while with horror, let
s just say I like to sleep at night. xD.).

What are your favorite character types to play?
I mainly like to play a quiet, smart character who is generally aware of what is right and wrong (at least, intellectually.).

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Eh.. I don't care. Bring on whatever you'd like.

How do you feel about group threads?
Fine, I guess.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Well.. I don't reply on weekends. Also on Holidays. So... I will respond on weekdays, and I will tell people if I am inactive on weekends.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
A week, unless they tell me that they're gonna be offline for a longer time: then I'm willing to wait longer.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Fine, I guess.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
NO. NO. NO. I like my Post Order: I like having time to methodically look at everything, then lovingly craft an expert piece back! I'm a little flexible with conversations... but that's all.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I typically do long posts, unless starved of material to respond to; then I will do short posts.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Generally, I will either find ways around that, or not accept that, unless they tell me, or there is a reasonable explanation/resolution in the post itself.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
-cough cough- Well.... let's see here.. I don't care about whether or not the romance is planned or organic.. same thing with rejection.. I'm a bit iffy about the love-triangles... I prefer age differences to be near minimal- one or two years difference at most. And I prefer heterosexual romantic relationships, thank you.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Ooh.. Ah... Lemme detail these thingies one by one. Sex: Well... fade to black, And, well... I'm an Ecchi fan, so that level at most: no detailed scenes, please, of nakedness. Violence: Bring it on... mostly. Torture should be either skimmed over (showing evilness of a character, or how lost they are) or avoided entirely. Wartime and Crime violence..eh, I guess I'm fine? Drug use: I'm fine with light drug use, but none of my characters will do so. Same thing with sexual assault, though I prefer this even lighter than the drug use.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
-shrugs- Natural part of life, not especially graphic... I don't see a problem with these.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Well... I'll accept that. However, I generally think that the larger the need (Resurrection, for example), the larger the cost.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Ooh! Harry Potter Question! Anyways... Vampires and Werewolves... I am actually fine with that. Why? They're evil, and they're sicknesses. It makes sense for the recipients to be unwilling. However... I like cures, even though (pertaining to precious question) curing them should be a high cost. Now, with Polymorph.. I guess it depends? Consent, maybe?

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Ask away for more questions!