Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

CinderWalks' Wants and Limits

Started by CinderWalk, November 24, 2018, 11:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CinderWalk

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

I am pretty open to anything, but I usually prefer stories with tension and drama, with danger and consequences. I'm pretty action focused, but slower plots based around character interaction are cool too. Like I said, I'm pretty easy and open.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Anything too slow with no real tension. Intrigue plots and stuff like that are cool, but if there's no stakes I get a little bored.

What are your favorite character types to play?

I'm a sucker for the gruff veteran, the guy who's seen it all and is over it. I also really like playing those super innocent characters who are a bit naive.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting,
or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I'm definitely not good at planning. I just write whatever comes to mind, but if that's a problem for some people I can definitely plan everything out a bit more.

How do you feel about group threads?

The more the merrier I suppose, but smaller threads are cool too because you don't need to spend hours catching up on what you missed.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

I can probably reply about once a day, being a student and all, I'm a bit busy. Wait like a day or two before nudging me to post, school might just have overwhelmed me for a bit.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

Probably about a week, but if they let me know or give me a heads up, definitely longer.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

Eh, I don't really have enough time for it, and I don't really have any instant messengers to speak of.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

I'd be down for like two or three posts, but I usually don't have that kind of time. But if I can than I totally will try to post ASAP.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

I tend to go shorter, but it really depends. If I have the time or inspiration I'll post something longer and more eloquent.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

I don't really have enough experience to know what I like yet.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

I don't know, people being mean or inconsiderate?

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

If it makes sense I'd be more okay with it, but it still seems pretty annoying, so just don't do anything too extreme.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships
or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences?Etc.)

I'm pretty down for whatever. I probably won't initiate anything, but if you think it'd be cool then let me know and then go for it.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

If it makes sense  with the tone of the story then maybe, but anything too gross I'd be uncomfortable with. With sex and sexual assault I'd prefer to not really go into detail, just mention it, then move on.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

Sure.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

Yeah, it would add a cool dynamic to the character as they adjust.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

Same as above, it would add a cool layer to the character as they deal with that change.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)

I'm super new to this whole thing, so if I do something dumb, just let me know. But yeah, I'm excited and ready to go.