Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Alahn's Wants & Limits

Started by SirAlahn, December 06, 2018, 12:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAlahn

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
By and far, anything character driven is my jam. I love the give and take of personal interactions whether it's in the form of romance, friendships, enemy-ships, or just about anything else. That being said, the kinds I'm drawn to the most are the ones with a bit of a spark to them, whether that's good or bad for the IC relationship and characters. I enjoy seeing how things change and develop over time, and I love watching characters react to extraordinary and often awful situations too.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Anything that strays too much into the realm of slice of life. I have no problem with RPing characters doing mundane things, but I don't want that to be the focus of the RP -- more like little details that can add depth to interactions or characters. Already having to buy groceries, pay bills, and the like IRL is enough for me.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I'll play just about anything, but my favorite types of characters are the broken, dysfunctional, and questionably immoral. Whether it's sadists, masochists, monsters, killers, addicts, mercenaries, or anything else of that ilk, bring it on, and I'll likely be on board. I like my things to be a little rough and tumble – all the more if they're forced to mix with upper echelons and we get to explore the disparity there. (I also love playing cute femme boys, so I mean... riddle me that. If I get to combine the two in some way, even better!)

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I don't require everything to be completely plotted out beforehand, but I like to have a little bit of a plan. Without at least an inkling of direction, I tend to just make an excited but clueless face, and then nothing happens, and no one is happy. I love seeing how things develop, though! And I'm open to plans changing if we both decide we like a different direction better.

How do you feel about group threads?
I have no problem with group threads! Juggling multiple characters and players is fine by me.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I'll do my level best to respond in a timely manner (like within a week) so I'm not holding anyone up—and I'll endeavor to let those I'm playing with know if it's going to be a minute otherwise. I don't mind being nudged so long as it's not excessive (like every day), and you do so privately. I don't really like being put on the spot, given it's usually a matter of me wanting to reply and not having the mental energy or free time to do so.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Forever. I've waited literal years for RP responses before, and though those are extenuating circumstances, don't feel guilty about taking your time if you need to. We all go where our muses take us, and I totally get that. So long as it's something we're both still interested in, I'll pick up whatever whenever.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I'm pretty fond of it, and I've been doing it for forever, so it's no skin off my nose. :3 That being said, I don't do it much anymore save for planning things or seeing real quick how characters might get along. I'd prefer to thread things out in case it takes me a bit to reply.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Don't have a problem with it! Just... let me know if that's what you want. Otherwise odds are I won't respond fast enough for that.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything and everything! I may wax long-winded at times, but that doesn't mean I expect everyone else to, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Length isn't as important to me as having something to respond to/go off of within the post!

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Communication, communication, communication. If something isn't working for you, just let me know; I know muses can be fickle, and that something you started out thinking you wanted for an RP doesn't always stay that way. I'd much rather just talk about it and hash something out rather than you feeling obligated and guilty about not having the drive to reply. Along with that, I appreciate people who are chill about response times and the like. RP is meant to be fun, imo, and making it stressful like it's a second job ain't fun for anyone.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Not that I can really think of? I prefer things to be in third person just because it's less confusing for me that way, but I'm pretty flexible otherwise.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I don't mind things like choreographing violence/fights/whatever so long as we talk about it beforehand. If something happens that I would rather didn't, I'll just say something. All I ask is that omnipotence/characters knowing things they shouldn't is kept to a minimum. It irks me when I have a character with a secret and someone magically knows it right away.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
There's not a lot that I'm opposed to when it comes to romantic plots, whether they're planned beforehand or happen organically. My only request (which might seem weird) is that if your character has any kind of interest in mine, please just... tell me. I've had that surprise dropped on me a fair few times in the past where people have tried to force my characters into relationships/ship plots I had NO IDEA about beforehand, and so that kind of ulterior motive will probably make me flail and run away. Just let me know if that's something you're interested in, and everything will be groovy.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
There's quite literally nothing I won't RP, especially since my tastes tend toward the darker, more violent/morally questionable and even sketchy. That's not to say it's the only thing I'll RP, or that it needs to happen for me to enjoy myself! You just don't need to worry about triggers or squicks with me. I'm well aware that IC =/= OOC, so bring me your dark and twisted without guilt. I'd just like to make sure that we keep communication open for things like that, and if there's something you don't want to do, please just tell me. I'm not interested in forcing anyone to play something they have no desire to or that makes them uncomfortable.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I don't have a problem with it, I'm just usually... not interested in that being the sole focus of what I RP? I'd also prefer to discuss it beforehand, whether it comes to a character becoming pregnant or losing a child. I can't guarantee me or my characters will appreciate having it dropped on us all of a sudden. :3

What about healing?
Pleeeeaaaaaase do not do this to me unless we discuss it beforehand. I enjoy playing characters who have old trauma, injuries, disabilities, etc. It's usually a significant draw of the character for me, so having that just handwaved away sorta takes the wind out of my sails.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
I have no problem with characters being transformed against their IC desires. I'd just like to talk about it OOC beforehand!

Anything else?
If the rest of this wasn't clue enough, I like being able to communicate with the people I RP with. Beyond that, I try to be pretty relaxed and chill about it all.  I might seem shy a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in talking to you or plotting. ^_^