Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Knitekitas Wants and Limits

Started by Knitekita, December 05, 2018, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knitekita

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm mostly down to try anything once, but I tend to shy away from scenarios that are planned down to the little details. I love love love being given a basic idea or sentence and letting it organically flow and grow making for a rich story.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Basically see above so long as it's not planned out and feels like I'm stuck on the tracks of a ride start to finish, I'll give most things a shot.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I haven't done forum posted format before but doing a lot of free form I've molded myself into several roles and can play most fairly comfortable. That being said I'd most likely feel at home with someone who is story driven and has a thought provoking life versus someone who is in constant action/fighting. (No offense to those who prefer that by any means!)

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Pantser all day long it feels more organic and real to me. I can deal with some pre-planning but keeping it on the lighter side is preferred.

How do you feel about group threads?
I've been in groups before and feel comfortable with them, I see too large of groups getting hectic perhaps but 2-12 people seems reasonable to me generally.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I can most likely sneak on a few times a day, but would give a heads up if I were to be gone longer. If I don't make any noise in 2 days I'd say just send me a nudge.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
3-4 days unless given prior notice beforehand then longer as per notice.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
That's how I actually started and feel most comfortable doing RP.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I thrive in that environment mostly doing single group or multiple separate rapidfires at a time.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I feel out the situation and go for a little of everything. If I'm given minimal to work with I can't promise I'll give major detailed books back, but I can work with most.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I'm done for most styles/habits, but tend to thrive in more of a freeform written style.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
D&D die roll and feat attempts and the like terrify me.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
If it fits the scene sure, but please don't just grab me for the sake of grabbing me.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.) If a pre-plot makes sense sure, but I love organic flow, rejection triangles age and all the rest are parts of natural relationships and I encourage bringing new and interesting relatioship scenarios to the table.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Things like that occur in any society and I don't see why they shouldn't in RP. That being said if anyone is uncomfortable with such things I am more than willing to omit them.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Babies happen it's a fact of life bring it on my friends.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
I think provided it isn't straight god-modding those sorts of scenarios can be very well interwoven to the plot.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Again case by case basis but can be very vital to a good plot.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Never having done forum based RP I mostly ask for patience as I learn the ropes. :)