Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What DiDi likes and what DiDi can't handle

Started by DiDi-sama, December 18, 2018, 11:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiDi-sama

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Short answer? Damsels in distress and romance. (With my characters as the damsels)

Long answer is I guess relationship building. Specifically, I love playing daughters to overprotective fathers (and the occasional mother if that's your thing), little sisters to equally protective big brothers (Or big sister) or any kind of similar relationships with friends that could work. Romance is pretty self-explanatory.

This is even more so because I realized the best way to play to get my characters to be damsels is to bond with others first. No good creating a scenario that might get her killed if I can't guarantee there won't be someone either worried about her or willing to rescue her. Whether she's a badass in over her head or someone totally helpless.

But I'm willing to play other stuff too. I would consider those a bonus.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Nothing jumps out at me as anything major. I suppose I can guarantee you will probably never have me playing any particularly bad characters. Whether they're just incredibly evil or selfish enough to cheat on their spouse. It's not me.

In fact, as far as cheating plots go because those can be popular, I will never participate in a plot where it's in the midst of happening. If it's the aftermath where people are wondering if one should tell or whatever, that's more fitting.

But otherwise, I'm not too selective.

What are your favorite character types to play? No preferences. Except for the fact that I really like playing girls. I have played boys before but I also wonder if I make the same kinds of guys. And really, I just have more fun playing girls. Probably because of the types of plots I want the most.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? When I first started RPing, I was a huge planner. And I'm still not against it. But lately, it seems most of my plans have kinda faltered before they could really get off the ground.

So I wanna try being a pantser this time around. I had my best RP memories before my hiatus when we didn't plan out stuff, I think.

How do you feel about group threads? They're great! Aside from post order issues which is pretty much addressed in the rules here anyway, I think it's a good way to interact with people you probably haven't had an occasion to mingle with before.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? On my best ideal days, probably 4 times a day. But assuming we mean on average, I'd say twice a day.

Maximum, I'd say give me a week. Provided all is normal.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? Maximum is maybe a week and a half. I honestly consider myself pretty patient but I know we have lives.

I may or may not nudge though. I'm probably more likely to keep an eye on it or resign myself to losing the thread if they never came back again.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP? Um... I think I'd prefer not to venture there for now.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP? I have honestly never done it before. I am probably not ready for that as I'm just easing myself back in after a long time away.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? No preference!

Any RP styles/habits that you love? Um... I'm not sure what those entail to be honest.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? See above.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding? No declaring damage. I want all control on that. Might even be because instead of you giving a love tap, I want you to accidentally break a nose for all you know.

I gave permission once on another site way back when and I didn't end up liking the result. Best to leave that be.

Most innocuous stuff are fine. Surprise hugs, picking someone up and carrying them over their shoulder even. You could even pour a drink over their head or similar. But do not declare that it's impossible for my character to free themselves at any point if there's like a capture or something.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations? I have no preference on whether romance is pre-plotted or organic. Give me stuff if you have a good, swoony idea. I don't have a huge issue with age differences either. Anime is a good help with this. But this may depend on what the oldest character looks like. Call it shallow but looking like you're 80 years old with a 30 year old is creepier than a young immortal who can pass for 25 when he's 100.

IC rejection is fine. Love triangles... that depends. I hate them in books because the person in the middle of the triangle tends to be infuriating so it doesn't appeal. But I think that's only if it's an active triangle? In another site, someone asked me about their character going to a dance with another character when my character was established into maybe liking them but not sure.

I said it was most likely my character would distance herself immediately. stop trying to pursue the first character and basically convincing herself she felt nothing and it doesn't bother her at all that this guy is looking at another girl. It'd have to be something like this.

Don't expect my girl to be in the middle of one though. She's more likely to choose a 3rd option and not choose anyone. Unless your character would be into a poly or reverse harem situation. Then maybe.

Also, you can see this mentioned in my Wants but I do NOT do active cheating plots under any circumstances. I've already marked down some of the races I will probably never play due to this thing. Personal issues. Sorry.

I could possibly play the aftermath pretty easily. Affair ended. Someone else knows and you're worried someone is gonna tell. Spouse found out, chaos. Or my personal favorite, the person that knows is actually secretly having feelings for the betrayed person and wants to use this to permanently break up the cheater from their spouse so they can swoop in and take the betrayed person's heart when they're vulnerable.

All the above is all right. Or something similar. I will also only ever play the betrayed spouse or the person wanting to steal betrayed spouse from the wayward. No other role in such a thing.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level? I enjoy writing sex scenes so my comfort is pretty high there.

For the others? I have no big experience with them. But on a scale of 1-10, I'd say violence would be a good 7. Drug use is maybe 4 because I'm neutral. Sexual assault is... I don't know. You hardly ever see it properly described in media so most of me wants to see that. But it's a deep area. Maybe I'll keep it at 5...

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots? *shrugs* Sure. I mean, in all my years as a RPer, I've never seen anyone play with this type of plot. I would be curious to see how it would play.

What about healing? Absolutely! I love healing. It's one of the coolest powers. In fact, my first character is about to be a healer.

What about characters being transformed against their will? I don't see why not. I'm not sure how many characters of mine I'd allow that to happen to but it's always an interesting plot to follow.

Anything else? Hm... Nothing at the moment... I guess I'll get back to you.