Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Odd Companions of a Wandering Knight (Nova, Kadakism, Sanctified) [Mature]

Started by Nova_Eclipse, January 11, 2019, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanctifiedSavage

Saeyov narrowed his eyes a little when the... thing... explained the situation. Tend their master? From one cage into another, maybe? Only this one had a monster of a lady tagging along. So be it. The Haevar was used to making the best out of a bad situation.

He crawled out of the cage once the door had been pulled off and reluctantly followed the broken doll. His chipped ears remained down and he was tense, but Saeyov didn't think for a second that bolting would do him any good.

Seeing the mess of the man's leg, though, he frowned and glanced at the doll. "Ah. I'll see what I can do. His armor is going to need to come off and I'll need... water, some sticks for a splint most like, and a lot of cloth." He shook his head again, feeling his stomach flip. He was no healer and this man... really needed one.

@Kadakism @Nova_Eclipse

Nova_Eclipse

Consciousness came back to Richter, fleeting and agonized as it was, as voices muddled and barely intelligible through the serrated blades that stabbed through his nerves every time his mutilated leg so much as twitched a muscle.

Belafay...the captive rabbit...healer...

Armor...coming off?

The armor on his injured leg had not only been compacted flush against the muscle and bone, but he could still feel the bits of metal that had been driven into the bone itself.  Removing the armor incorrectly could cripple his leg if they pullsd the armor off and accidentally tore any muscles or nerves.

Despite how every fiber of his being screamed at him to just let unconsciousness take him once more, the agonized knight reached out with a violently trembling hand to point at his leg.

"Ar...ar...mor...com...pac...ted...ar...ound...bone.  So...me...met...al...lo...dged...in...bone," was all Richter managed to squeeze out before his strength left him and his hand fell limp at his side, though he was still very much alive, if in searing pain.

@Kadakism @SanctifiedSavage

Kadakism

Belafay did as Saeyov requested, finding thick branches and taking cloth from tents and dead bandits to make several splints. She had no idea what the Haevar would need to actually set the wound. Water was a bit harder, if only because she didn't want to leave Richter and Saeyov alone for too long. But she returned with it all the same, a bit smaller and carrying the water in an unfired clay pot.

While Saeyov worked, Belafay sat Richter's head in her lap and rested her hand across his eyes to keep the light from shining too brightly into his eyes. Until he woke, crying about the metal stuck into the bone. Belafay didn't panic, but she knew that there was little to do about that without a proper healer.

"I do not know what to do about the armor without damaging his leg further," she admitted to the two before her. Belafay's normally expressionless face twisted into a slight grimace as she was faced with the limit of her own ability. Her eyes set meekly on Saeyov. "I will follow your instructions. Tell me what is best."

@SanctifiedSavage @Nova_Eclipse

SanctifiedSavage

There were two thoughts Saeyov had. One, he had absolutely no idea what he was doing and, two, would it really be so bad if this guy lost his leg? The haevar considered such things while the broken doll went around and fetched what base things someone might need to treat a wound.

It'd sounded good.

When she came back, Saeyov crossed his arms before shaking his head. "This is really beyond me. Let's set up his leg as best we can and then... you can drag him off to the nearest town. Hopefully they'll have a healer who knows what to do with all that. He'll likely need the water and cloth to keep any fever down, but..." The haevar shrugged, glancing between the injured man and what appeared to be his servant. "I'm not really sure what more I can offer." He passed a clawed hand along the side of his head, shifting his weight. "Uhm, thanks for saving me though..." It felt like an awkward thing to say, all things considering.

Bandits broken all over the place, her own face shattered, and now this guy's leg... At least the bandits wouldn't be bothering anyone else.

@Nova_Eclipse @Kadakism

Nova_Eclipse

(OOC: Uh, Kadakism?  The issue with you taking off his helmet is that I was kinda planning on doing a reveal later on of what he looks like/what his species is.  This kind of invalidates that, b-b-but it's-it's fine if ya want to keep it in, just...just saying.)

Thiough Richter could not turn his head to look at the rabbit, he was still very much capable of addressing them, "Y...you're...wel...come."

"Sa...rova.  Town.  As...ked me...to clear...the...ban...dits.  I...can...sh...ow...you...the...way.  Sup...port...me...as...we...wal...k, and...I'll...lead.  Head...w-west."

Kadakism

((ooc: It's fine? You are well within your right to ask me not to do something to your character, even something mundane. I already edited my last post to reflect what you want. Communication is key, and I can't know if you don't tell me. Don't be afraid to bring stuff up, my dude.))

Belafay sighed. She had sort of known that this would be the answer, but she still didn't like it. "You cannot walk, Master. You will injure yourself further. You said West. I can follow those orders well enough."

Looking up at Saeyov again, the golem offered a tight, strained smile. "If you do not mind binding his leg in a splint and helping me make a sled to carry him on, I can pull him back to the town. You may accompany me if you wish, I am still under orders to protect you. But I will not force you to stay with me."

@SanctifiedSavage @Nova_Eclipse

SanctifiedSavage

Saeyov was impressed the guy was coherent and aware enough to even try speaking, all things considering. The Haevar supposed he could help with the sled, and the splint. While he hadn't asked to be saved by the people, the haevar certainly felt a sense of debt to them because they had. It'd be odd not to.

He nodded at the broken doll before kneeling to do just that. Keep the leg from moving as much as possible, splinting it as best he knew how. Hopefully not making anything worse.

Then it was about gathering materials for a sled. Which, given the bandits were dead, wasn't all that complicated either. As he helped, Saeyov said, "I suppose I'll tag along." Heading to the city was as good a direction as any. It wasn't like he knew where else to go. Wearing the tattered clothes he was, though....

He eventually pilfered a pair of leather pants and a shirt off of a dead bandit. He had to cut the pants off below the knee for his clawed feet, but it worked.

@Kadakism @Nova_Eclipse

Nova_Eclipse

((OOC: I am SO sorry for not replying for so long.  I've just...college has been a pain in the ass, and with everything else that's been going on, this thread and the entire site slipped my mind.  Again, I am beyond sorry that I've been gone.  I hope you can forgive me and haven't abandoned this thread.))

Richter slipped in and out of consciousness as Belafay and the rabbit girl went about making...something he couldn't identify in his current state, his breathing labored and rasping, but never once losing what strength it'd kept after he'd received his injuries.

For one of the brief periods where he managed to stay conscious for longer than a minute, the knight watched Belafay and the former captive work as fast as they could on what he gradually recognized as a sled.

Perhaps...they were making it to carry him back to Sarova?  He was very heavy in his armor, so it would make sense that they'd need something to make transporting him with his broken leg easier.

Any further thoughts were robbed from him as consciousness left him once again, and a dreamless sleep took him in its cool embrace.