Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Zombie's Stuff and Things

Started by Zombie, March 23, 2019, 05:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie

STUFF

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Plots Honestly, I'm easy: I'm down for almost anything that can be thrown my way. Intrigue, cloak-and-dagger routines, adventure, exploration, treasure hunting, magical strangeness. Horror (eldritch and otherwise, gimme all of your nightmares~ seriously, I'm kind of a horror afficinado.) High fantasy romps and dungeon crawls, barroom brawls, dark, dirty, dangerous storylines. If you want to do something strange, throw your weirdest ideas at me and I know I'll bite, no questions asked. Kidnapping, murder, torture, mystery, they're all fun! Hell, I'm even down for a well-done comedy thread, or even some fuzziness. I'm a real sucker for long storylines that span more than one thread and devlop into something completely their own.

Relationships Anything that develops between our characters is fine with me!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Plots Hmm... about the only kind of plot I don't particularly like is the "no-plot plot," also known as "that one damned thread that just won't go anywhere, no matter how hard we beat it with a carrot!"

Relationships Again, this is a hard one. About the only thing I can come up with here is: I don't like trying to force my character to be/do something that goes completely against the way they were written. As an example (I don't have a priest right now, so I'm using that class as my example) don't expect me to make a priest and have them act like a barbarian, or something like that. (Unless they're a barbarian priest, but that's a completely different animal.)

What are your favorite character types to play? I can't really say I have a preferred character type to play. I suppose I might as well say that I like playing characters that have flaws, weaknesses and imperfections; I don't play perfection at all- it's not my style and if I try, that "perfect" character will end up being a bumbling buffoon that's played for laughs. I'm sorry, I just can't help it.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? I fly by the seat of my pants.

How do you feel about group threads? As long as there's a clear posting order, they're great!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I can reply at least twice a day, for the most part. But don't expect anything from me at all on Thursdays, because that's my payday and I'm never home. If I've taken more than two days to reply (and it isn't Thursday) then please, by all means, PM me! That means I had a post all typed up and shit in notepad, saved it and my dumb ass just forgot to post it.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? It depends on the thread in question. If it's something that my character(s) are extremely invested in, I can wait until the end of time. Otherwise, I'll probably bump you after a week or so, just to make sure you're still alive. Real life always comes first and I know  that shit has a way of happening when no one expects it to, so I'm probably about one of the most patient people you'll meet.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP? I don't have any instant messengers, so I can't say what I think either way.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP? If we're talking ultra-short or one-liner posts, I'm sorry, but I don't like them at all. If we're just really having fun/going for it and whipping out posts with substance one after the other, though, you'd better believe I'm down for it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? My posts vary between moderately (4+ paragraphs) and extremely (1K+ words) long, for the most part- but don't be surprised if I do occasionally end up churning out a much longer book; it all depends on what I'm given to work with. However, I do have to stress that no one I'm RPing with should ever think they have to mirror-post. I'm just naturally very long-winded.

Any RP styles/habits that you love? I adore reading and responding to lengthy posts. As I've already stated, another weakness of mine is those long, slow-burning plots that end up dripping all over the place and spanning over more than one thread.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? If you're RPing with me, please don't throw a couple of lines my way and call it good. There's just no way for me to work with anything of the sort.

THINGS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Little things like your character touching, slapping, or shoving my character is perfectly fine. The same goes for inconsequential things like whacking my character upside their damn head, spilling their drink, knocking their belongings all over the place, generally nuisancing/inconveniencing or doing inconsequential things to my character is perfectly okay by me as well. However, if your character(s) want to do something more substantial to mine, I want to be able to write how they'd respond to the situation.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations? Romance can be a lot of fun to play out and I've got absolutely no qualms about playing anything that can be thrown my character(s') way. I just want it to be known that if it's something my character(s) ends up forced into, there's about a 99.9% possibility that my character(s) won't do what's expected of them, or act how the other character(s) think they will.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level? As long as you're OOCly of age (above 18 and preferably 21+) I'm down with graphic RP, as long as you're comfortable with it as well. On the flip side (and to put it very bluntly) there's not a snowball's chance in hell that I'll even consider describing excessive bloodshed/fight scenes, let alone anything else,  if you're not above the age of 18. Don't even think about asking. This is the point where I will let everyone know that OOC, I'm an old crone: I'm 35 at the time of writing this.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots? As long as it makes sense to the plot, I have no problem playing a pregnant character. I've been around enough pregnant women (my little sisters, my mother, many friends) to know what happens during pregnancy and to be comfortable with it and birth. I've got no experience with miscarriages or losses though, so I doubt that I'd be very good at RPing them correct, or with enough tact and delicacy.

What about healing? If I wrote my character's sheet with them being scarred, disfigured, or otherwise wounded in one way or another, it's part of their character design and really isn't likely to change. If you want to RP a failed healing attempt in that regard, I'd be able to roll with it, no problem. If they got hurt during the thread they're in and your character wants to try and heal them for whatever reason, feel free to do it- that injury was either sustained as a plot device or part of the story.

What about characters being transformed against their will? If there's a reason for your character altering mine, then go for it- things like forced transformations, curses, or other magical alterations can make for good character development. My character(s) will usually try to fight back, though- I figured you might like to know that.

Anything else? If you want to RP, hit me up whenever. ^.^ I don't bite and you're welcome to send random PMs, too.