Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cuidadio's Wants and Limits

Started by echtronis, April 10, 2019, 05:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

echtronis

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Adventure and romance are my favorite themes in this sort of play, even if adventure means simply uncovering mysteries of another without ever leaving the room, even if romance is simply a bond formed between those who happen to share a common goal. I like stories that reveal a dynamism in character, where experiences shape these globules of imaginations of ours into literary works of art, regardless of measure of success or form!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Though I can't say I particularly dislike them, for a least favorite I'd say plots and relationships that are absolute in their condition, where our characters cannot even attempt a try at influencing the situation. Trapped in a doomed place that doesn't lend to the possibility of escape or negotiation, a connection with another that in no way can feel differently or be moved in some way, things like that.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I enjoy good-natured wanderers, sober scholarlies, villains playing at the long con, and sorts that allow me to explore some weird kick or taboo that I can compartmentalize separately from my usual dramatis personae.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I often like to start with some minimal basic premise or means of encounter to spring off from. After that, I generally like to just ride the waves and see where it goes.

How do you feel about group threads?
I'm easy and comfortable with them.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? I will typically reply within a day. If it gets to three days, I'm probably stuck on something and could use a nudge. If its been a week, I may have trouble connecting with the flow.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
For one-on-one threads, a year and a day, then the pact is broken. In group stuff, I will nudge after three days, and after a week I'll likely move on if no one else has already, but remain open to weaving back in a late poster.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I think the want for privacy is adorable. Sure thing, friend, hit me up.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
If you're willing to fill me a prescription for adderall then let's rock! Otherwise, I'll probably disappoint you in this regard.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I think two to four paragraphs is the magic number, personally. Shorter is fine if that's your style. Sometimes things call for longer posts, when there's exposition involved for example, but I find it can be difficult to have a fluid back and forth with longer posts, as you're often having to fill in what you did during this or that moment in the post you're replying to.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love working with realistic personalities. Even if they're the most fantastical, or abstract character concept, nothing inspires me more than playing with someone's character that has a personality that fits with what they're showing in their writing.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Ehhhhh? I'm sure, but I can't really think of examples. It's more like what I would avoid putting X character into being involved with. You want to rock some 90's AOL chatroom style vampire super saiyan prince of dragons? Sure, just let me make a new character for it.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm usually not bothered by this sort of thing. When I see it, I usually take it as a style of flow and take it as a signal that I should be writing with the same freedoms. I don't even mind if you write something that just straight up kills one of my characters, just don't be surprised if I play them still in other threads if I liked the character I was roleplaying.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
No limits here, though I should point out that I have a weird habit of moving slow when they're planned, and moving quickly when I see them developing organically. Dunno why, but there you have it. I guess it's just more thrilling when it's organic.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I really don't have any limits when it comes to writing about these topics. Sometimes its just fun to go into things you wouldn't normally get into. When it comes to more taboo stuff, however, I do prefer to have some kind of OOC convo about it first, to make sure people are on the same page, and to take in consideration that there are many others on this site that can read this stuff that we must consider.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Can lead to very moving and emotional writing/roleplaying, great happiness, great sorrow, it's all part of the dramatic moods we go for in RP. I can't think of any limits, I just simply ask that people step into things maturely when it comes to these subjects.

What about healing?
I first thought this was a silly question, but I can see where sometimes waving a wand and everything being better can ruin certain moods. I don't think I have any limits with this though, but I'll take this time to express to you that if any of my characters have some kind of healing power, I will absolutely not be offended if it "doesn't take" if you're going for something there.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
I kind of love the idea of this, really, suddenly having to shift your character from a different perspective. Same with just outright killing a character of mine though; just don't make a fuss if I continue on with a character not being transformed in another thread.

Anything else?
I love you.