Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Fateful Encounter (Gligar)

Started by SanguineBladez, May 21, 2019, 11:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanguineBladez

Elijah was working at the forge in his hometown of Northoak. Sweat dripped from every pore, almost soaking the rubber mat below him. The blacksmith, Camden watched over him proudly.
"You've grown well", he grumbled. "You've almost surpassed my skills at your age. Almost. Stick with me, and you'll go far." Cam smiled.
"Yeah, see, about that", Eli began. "I want to go adventuring."
Camden stood paralysed. "You what?" The smith shook his head. "Your life is here, your passion, your... everything!" Camden was just about seething with rage. He wished not to see his young apprentice up and leave.
"Well, yes", Elijah replied, "but this... adventure... will... enhance my experience as a blacksmith. Have you ever heard of Gjonflr?" The apprentice questioned.
"Why yes of course I have, the mighty hammer of the legendary Knight of Silver Arms. But why is that relev... you're not planning on trying to retrieve it, are you?" Elijah nodded. "Why, that is madness. What are you going to to with that?"
"I'm going to reforge it."
"Into what?"
"You'll see."
At that moment, a gorgeous woman strolled into the blacksmiths.

Gligar

When Eleanor heard talk of a legendary hammer, she couldn't help but barge into the conversation. She strode into it like she owned the place, confident that her regal appearance and demeanor would suffice to ingratiate herself with the local blacksmith. "Hello, there," she said, smiling. "I couldn't help but overhear you fellows discussing a mythical hammer?"

SanguineBladez

"Ummm," Elijah looked down at his feet, blushing. "Y-yes," he stammered. A semi-rough blow to his back jolted him back to reality. "Pick yourself up lad, you're acting as if you've never seen a woman before." Camden chuckled. Eli blushed even harder, and rolled his eyes.
"Yes. Gjonflr. I want it. I wish to forge it's steel into two mighty swords. One for me and one for... safekeeping."
Eli smiled.
"Why do you ask?"