Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Calianne's Wants and Limits

Started by Calianne, September 06, 2019, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calianne

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

PLOTS:

ACTION-ADVENTURE: I prefer mostly anything adventure related, and throwing in some action spices things up, so I'm really open to this. This can either go extremely action-orientated, as in a protagonist which has to save a city, etc, or we can mellow it down with some good old fashioned quests with a few mercenaries thrown in.
HIGH ADVENTURE/FANTASY:Considering the site we're on, this one is kind of a no-brainer. It sort of ties in with the above, but is much more magical and destiny-orientated. Think LoTR or GoT in comparison to Tangled (a stupid comparison, I know, but it's all I could come up with).
DRAMA/ROMANCE/COMEDY:These kind of fall into a gray area for me, as I'm not very experienced in these. I'm completely fine with incorporating them into a bigger plot line, but I doubt I'll be much fun with just the one or two.
HORROR/THRILLER: I'm undecided on these, just because my writing style tends be more prosaic and poetic than modern and contemporary, which is usually found in these plot lines. Here it's all about the ebb and flow of the dialogues, and lightning-fast changes packed into very short paragraphs, so I'm not sure if I'll be much good here. I'm open to try though.
OTHER: I'm fine with incorporating wars, disasters and tragedies, but these need to be planned and agreed upon by all parties.

RELATIONSHIPS:

ROMANCE:I'm completely fine with these. I'd like to not get too elaborate on the smut though, and my characters aren't usually the cuddly type, but just DM me your thoughts on these, and we can work something out.
FRIENDS/FAMILY:Some of my characters are rather old, my oldest so far is a Dragon over 1000 years old, so familial ties get a bit wonky here, but feel free with the other characters, just let me know in advance so that I can work it into their story lines.
ENEMIES/OTHER:Sure, just, once again, let me know in advance, please.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
PLOTS:

EROTICA:This isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm not averse to my characters rolling around 'in the hay' with others, I just won't go into detail with this.
SCIENCE-FICTION:Considering there isn't really a lot of leeway as we're in a world without advanced technology, this can become a bit difficult to write about. If it's something you really want to do, just pitch your idea, and we can see from there.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I prefer writing as a female, as I'm not sure if I can convincingly pull of a male character (I made a male character, lol, so disregard this statement). I've got no problems being either a antagonist or a protagonist, and I'm open-minded when it comes to the species that I'd play.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I love being surprised, but not inordinately so. If you drop a baby on me because,"Hey! It's your birthday!" I might just drop a boulder on you in revenge. I like to plan on the big stuff, but the rest of the story line we can pants away.

How do you feel about group threads?
I personally feel there shouldn't be TOO many in a single thread, as it can get confusing, especially when the story line goes on over a long period of time. However, if it's a fellowship, a court, a village or so forth, I'm fine with it.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I'd usually be able to reply within a day or two, but feel free to message me if I'm MIA for a week or more.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
As long as needed. Just please let me know if you're planning on leaving for a time period, or just message me when you replied.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
That's great! I'd like to limit it to apps like Discord and so, as the other IM platforms I usually use IRL.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
No problem, if it's a dialogue or such, I'm all for it. However, I'm pretty busy during work hours, so we'll just have to agree on a time period for this.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I usually prefer meatier posts, as I like getting descriptive when I write, but I can do smaller paragraphs in a busy setting. Introductory or action-filled scenes will be my longest posts, normally.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Well-thought out plots and characters are always fun to work with. I try my best to get my storylines and characters in tip-top shape, and would appreciate it if you'd return the favor  :)

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Godmoding or confusing story lines and dialogue. IM abbreviations are a NO-NO for me, and bad one-liners just make me depressed.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
I've got no problem if you want to do stuff to my character but leave it open-ended, please. For example, you can throw a fireball at my character, but it'll ultimately be my decision if it hits them or not. If you want, you can be a bit more descriptive on the result of these, just to make it easier to decide on whether the damage is justified.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to these things, but the taboo stuff I stay away from. I don't mind improvising on relationships, but marriage and so forth should be agreed upon by both parties. With rejection and love-triangles, I'd like to do some planning with all involved, just so that we know where the plot is heading.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
EXTREME gore and sex isn't something I'm very comfortable with. Sexual assault and all that can be briefly described, but it's not on my bucket list to read about a character getting molested, thank you. On another note, this is another element that I believe should be planned.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
If it's planned and agreed upon, like mentioned earlier, I'm fine with it.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Some injuries are central to a character's plot, so communication is key here.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

This can be quite fun when I'm thinking of Frog princes and whatnot. If this happens, I prefer something that is curable or wears off, unless agreed upon.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
If my limits are a bit restrictive, just message me with your requests and suggestions. I'm more than open to a friendly debate. If you have a plot or idea in mind with one of my characters, feel free to let me know, I'd love to hear about it.