Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Avelithe's Wants and Limits

Started by Avelithe, December 22, 2022, 03:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelithe

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Relationships: Friendships, family, lovers, enemies, enemies-to-lovers, meetcute--I enjoy them all!
Plot: There is honestly not a single plot I don't enjoy. IC drama is my jam. Epic, laid-back, and anything in between!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I rarely enjoy planning or shoehorning relationships. There are some exceptions, such as planning for past relationships, which makes for awesome backstories in my book. HMU to discuss!

What are your favorite character types to play?
Mine are usually an eclectic hodge podge of characters. I like to dabble in unusual personalities and benevolent monsters!

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
It usually depends. I don't mind discussing a plot, but I'm not really a fan of talking about every aspect because then the plot gets boring. What's the point if I already know what's going to happen? I do like me some surprises!

How do you feel about group threads?
I love them! The only downside is that some times I might miss something important in large groups, so please be patient with me!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I have a basic understanding that irl > rp, period. I expect the same from my partner. Nothing drives me away from a roleplay faster than my partner pestering me to post, especially if it's only been a day. Roleplay should not feel like a chore for anyone! Roleplay will always be there, it's not going anywhere. That said, I generally reply very fast, but it depends on my situation. I tend to be busy during the day. I'll let you know!

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I'm patient, but I do have limits. Some times I might lose steam on a roleplay if I must wait several months, to be honest (this is especially true if I'm in the middle of trying to get a plot going). Of course I'll happily talk to you about a roleplay if I feel like it might be going too slow, but do not mistake it as me trying to poke you to post. I may ask if we could "Let's Say" the rest of the roleplay so that I can move on with my character. I hope you understand that I am not doing this out of spite or ire! But I am big on communication. If you lose interest, just tell me! I swear I'm not going to be offended, I'm one of the most laid-back people I know! :D

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
My Discord is always available! Ave#9907

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Love it!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
It depends. Sometimes my muse is absolutely glowing, and it shows when my posts are lengthy, but I do my best to keep things relevant. I promise to provide quality posts over quantity, no matter the size! My general rule of thumb is, as long as there is something to work with, then I'm happy.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
A roleplayer's attention to detail of the characters involved. It honestly tickles me pink when a roleplayer acknowledges small details about my characters in a roleplay! I love doing the same, and have my characters react to those little things.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I suppose this is the same as 'pet peeves'. I've had experience before with some roleplayers who do not pull their weight in roleplay, and make it seem their character is just in it for the ride. While this is great in some cases, when I start noticing that a roleplayer cannot be bothered to put forth a little effort and wants me to do all the work, I lose interest. If you're stuck on what to do, let's talk about it! Maybe we can work something out, or just Let's Say the rest if you're unsure.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm a firm believer that in character actions = in character consequences. Feel free to teach my characters a difficult lesson, but please talk to me about character death first, and of course I will do the same!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I very much prefer for romantic relationships to form naturally. I'm not opposed to it, in fact some of the best plots in the past involved romantic relationships. I would prefer it not to take over their existence--that said, let's make plots happen over romance. Relationships are fun to navigate, for they are not always perfect. Not opposed to break-ups, either. Hit me with them feels!

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
  • No to sexual assault of any kind.
  • Roleplaying sex and suggestive themes is okay, but I do not want it to take over our roleplay experience. I may ask to fade to black.
  • GIMME VIOLENCE. Tasteful violence, preferably. Just nothing too hardcore, and we're golden!

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
  • Pregnancy with plot is fine.
  • Accidental pregnancy is fine.
  • Forced pregnancy is a hard no.
  • I am sensitive about miscarriages, but if we want to do it, just say it happened and do not be graphic about it.

What about healing?
Generally fine with it. Give me a heads up first, thanks!

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Please talk to me about this. I am not entirely opposed to the idea, but I'm also not particularly fond of it being sprung up on me in roleplay, so I prefer someone to broach it with me first.

Anything else?
I have ADD, so I apologize in advance if I forget something. A little patience would help me out! My posts are far from perfect. Since I type on mobile a lot, chances are I'm going to have grammar and spelling mistakes! I try to keep my writing as coherent as possible because I strive to make  my storytelling enjoyable, engaging, and easy to understand. I do not care if my rp partner make mistakes in their posts. :)
I am a pretty laid back and easy going veteran roleplayer of over twenty years. I first started roleplaying in fantasy wolf roleplay guilds on Neopets.com that moved to Proboards. It was called Shinkou Ookami. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day today! HMU with all your plot ideas! Let's throw our characters together and see what happens!