Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~TheBloodFallsDown~(The Roc)

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2006, 08:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Miri paused. 'Religion? They have a god or goddess for every element....including light and dark and of course the spirit. As for traditions...it all depends on where you go."

OOC: np mine is just as bad>_^

Anonymous

Neiryn whistled. It was nice and simple that way, instead of millions of gods and goddesses for every little thing and spirits. She asked, "Are there any major festivals to honor them? Or is it like the," she paused a moment, trying to remember how to pronounce it/"Rk-kkki-hnri with no religious services. "

She decided that it was perhaps time to really change the subject this time. After all, it wasn't as if she would really be able to write a book. "Um...what do you do in your spare time?" It was a random question, but it was getting dark and she was getting tired....

Anonymous

Miri shrugged. "Not really...once again it all depends on the area."

As it became more dark Miriam stood up. She looked over at Neiryn. "Spare time?......why I steal of course." She turned to stare as it became even darker and slowly slipped off the bag that she had been toying with. She slipped out a dark colored rock and turned to Neiryn. "You must be getting tired...I know falcons aren't ones to be out at night. Maybe we should find a place to sleep." Her eyes turned back to the stone and she stared at it for a moment.

The stone slowly started to change....a little appearing slowly as if coming from the inside of the stone. The stone slowly became brighter showing its true color.....red. Soon the whole area around the two woman was bathed in a soft light....that seemed to flicker like fire. "I really dont like the dark."

Anonymous

"Perhaps." she yawned, closing her eyes for a while. When she opened them again, the whole area was bathed in light. Her eyes traveled to the stone. "Umm..." Neiryn voiced, "Is it quite wise to attract attention here? Especially with that?" She had listened, after all. A glowstone was certainly enough to make a thief squirm with anticipation, but a glowstone with other mystical properties?

Neiryn nodded. "The dark is pretty bad. Can you see in the dark?" She asked curiously. Some people could, but Neiryn herself couldn't. She was a falcon, not an owl.

Closing her eyes, Neiryn surmised a bit on what she had seen and heard. If Miriam hated the Clayr, then that meant she was either a renegade Clayr or an Elemental. That she had one of those stones said that she was either a renegade Clayr who had once not been renegade or an Elemental. The second seemed more likely, as she had red hair, like the color of the stone. Neiryn opened her eyes again.

Anonymous

Miri laughed as the woman asked if it was wise. "Others can't see that light if I wish them not too."
Her eyes then turned to study Neiryn. "I see you are slowly figuring it out. Good.....I hate being around dumb people....that of which you are not. So let me help you out.....I am neither you are thinking." She smiled slightly.

"I am something that you didn't take into consideration: Half of each. My father was Clayr and my mother elemental....and as you can tell she controled fire.....one of the most dangerous." She grinned again and then stretched.

"As for seeing in the dark.....I can fairly well...comes from being a thief but I don't like the dark. It's better if there is some light there....but that's just me."

Anonymous

Neiryn winced. "I imagine it had been quite a rough ride for you as a child." She didn't mean to pry-well, much-, but it was just too tempting to find out exactly how the two cultures reacted to a blend of their species. It was also interesting that the two species were close enough to be able to breed, though she doubted that they appreciated that fact. Typical of warring races.

She decided not to ask any more questions, for now, at least.

Anonymous

Miri smirked slightly. "Hard? Kind of.....my parents are the ones that took most of the troubles....no one knew about me until some one ratted me out, after they were killed of course."
She smirked again. "But by then I was already able to be on my own, which meant to stop me they would have to find a way to stop fire.....and that is nearly impossible."

She looked around. "So do you want to get outta here before we run into crazy people>?"

Anonymous

Neiryn absorbed the information with some astonishment. It sounded hardly possible that her parents made love, had a child, and then protected her from trouble. But then, she didn't quite understand this "family" thing. Parents protected their children to keep their bloodline going, but it absolutely had to remain pure, didn't it?

She also wondered that Miriam's powers weren't...well...twisted. Mongrels tended to have something wrong with them, although Miriam seemed to be free from those problems.

Nodding, the woman replied, "Yes, where would you like to go? An inn? I know a good one east of here." She smirked. "Free, too. I tutor the owner's children."

Anonymous

Miri smiled slightly then nodded. "That sounds fine with me. Lead the way....I haven't been in these parts in quite a while"
Miri looked around, it was true she hadn't been in Arca since she had left this place for her home a while ago. Somethings had changed

OOC: srry for crappiness

Anonymous

Neiryn nodded, and began the course to the inn. It was quite close to here, and simple to find. The aderyn's sense of direction

was hopeless in the dark. Two left turns later, she was outside of the inn. Home, or as close to one as she had nowadays.

Kwahu was not a particularly rich man, but he earned enough to keep his wife and two children fed. In exchange for tutoring his children in figures and literacy, Neiryn was given a nest downstairs and food and drink, though she didn't usually depend on their hospitality.

Neiryn turned to Miriam, "I'll have to warn you; his children are terrible. And try not to draw them into conversation about philosophy; I've been teaching them things I shouldn't." She made a face. "They aren't the cleverest of students but I just couldn't resist...and now half of our time is focused on philosophy and other languages."

Anonymous

Miri followed the woman and when the reached the inn listened to her words.
"Thanks for telling me." Miri didn't mind though, she had known some pretty nasty children.
The twins for example....two young children that had been taught to be ruthless since the moment of being born. Those two had been a hand full.
She waited until Neiryn went inside, it would be rude of her to walk in before the woman who knew this place better than she.

Anonymous

Walking inside, Neiryn was greeted enthusiastically by a fair-haired boy around nine years of age  "There are more,  just to warn you." she called over her shoulder to Miriam.  She decided to leave unsaid that at least two of the five were bastards. She found an empty table and took a seat. "Llyr," she called the boy, "Get us something to drink, please." The boy grinned and bounced away, no doubt to get alcohol. "He'll probably drink most of it on the way here." she told Miriam in a low, amused tone.

Anonymous

Miri walked in after Neiryn and listened to her words with a slight nod. As they went to sit down she relaxed slightly although she snapped too when the boy went to get drinks. Her eyes softened slightly but then she smirked slightly at Neiryn's words. "Yes probably."

Her eyes wander slightly as she pulled up her bag. She started searching through it and soon pulled out a small bottle, that was unmarked.

Anonymous

Neiryn relaxed idly, drumming her fingers upon the table. She tried not to relax too much, but there was something oddly comforting about the flickering lights and the low conversation. That, and the warmth. "His father coddled him too much, both for being the youngest and without any doubt legitimate. That, and being a boy."

She grimaced at the thought of the sexist belief that a boy was better than a girl.

It didn't escape her notice when Miriam took out the bottle, but she decided not to comment.

Anonymous

Miri looked over at her. "Hmmm? Really? Where I lived for most of my life I was better then the boys. No one should be coddled unless they are under the age of 5."

Miri smirked slightly then started taping the table, she saw Neiryn look at the bottle and smiled slightly. "Remember when I said that each group eats something different that pertains to that element. Well that goes for drinking too. I mean I can't drink a  lot of water," she smiled at the thought, she could drink water just not gallons of it like other people.
"So I add this to my drink and it taste like home....sometimes." She shrugged to herself and leaned back in her chair.

Keira you ok?

Yeah I'm fine, just a bit hungry

Ok give me a second and I will get you food

Anonymous

Llyr brought them two glasses, grinning. His grin widened when he saw Miriam's bottle. Setting down one of the glasses, he took the other with him, no doubt to enjoy himself. What were boys coming to,

The alcohol he provided was ale, of course. She grimaced as she took a small sip. "You'd think children would have more taste these days." Setting down the glass, she pushed it away. "Too much of that will make me drunk, and I'll probably fall off my perch." She swore under her breath at the boy. He'd probably brought this potent brew on purpose.

Anonymous

Miri shook her head at the boy as he disappeared. A look and small smile was given to Neiryn as she complained. "Ummm you wouldn't like attack Keira if I let her out would you? She needs to eat."

Wonderful that bird will probably try and kill me.

If she doesn't I will sooner or later

hahaha very funny

who said I was joking?

Miri smirked slightly when she got no reponse from the snake. She opened the bottle before her and took a few sips. To any other person the drink would be overly hot and burn them but for Miri it was refreshing.

Anonymous

Zyanith had been exploring the city for some time, wandering haphazardly and with no definate destination in mind. Erreth had, of course, had several choice words about her decision to walk around rather than going to get some sleep, but Zya had simply ignored him and done as she pleased. It was nearing midday, though, and she was beginning to find herself hungry again.

"Hey Erreth, you notice somewhere to grab food?"

"Oh, so now you pay attention to me. I see how it is, girl."

"Stop being so huffy. You haven't had to walk at all."

"Riding can be very tiring," he remarked with a disdainful sniff. Zya shrugged, nearly uprooting the small cat from his shoulder-perch, and looked around, her gold eyes roaming the surrounding area for any building that looked promising.

"I smell animals, if that's any help to you," Erreth said. "A snake, and something... almost a bird. But not quite. Coming from over there." He pointed a white-tipped paw toward an inn, and Zya glanced at him as best she could, considering he was practically pressed against her face.

"I hate to eat at an inn twice in a row... their food is almost as a rule barely edible. But whatever, I'm hungry." At that, she strode into the inn and settled herself in the nearest chair, Erreth hopping onto the counter and settling into a position that suggested he was no less than feline nobility.

Anonymous

Neiryn nodded, "No, I won't attack her. The innkeeper will probably freak out if I turn falcon in front of his guests." she frowned. "I assume Keira is the snake?"

She stared a bit at the feline. "Wonderful, I settle for a drink and what do I see? A cat." Her tone conveyed her disgust. It was only a small cat, but her falcon-form wasn't much bigger. She gave the back of the feline a pointed stare, unconsciously fluffing up her feathers.

Anonymous

Erreth did what all cats do best; he froze while in the middle of a paw-licking session and simply stared back at Neiryn, one white foot halfway to his mouth. His small gold eyes widened somewhat, and he broke his silence long enough to whisper out of the corner of his mouth to Zyanith.

"I don't like her. She worries me."

Zya glanced over at the girl and shrugged. She was quite used to seeing all sorts, and Nieryn certainly wasn't the strangest. "What worries you?"

"Well," Erreth continued in a soft, private tone, "She's the first shapeshifter I've ever worried might eat me."

Zya just looked at him with something akin to frustration. In fact, she was seriously considering booting the small cat out the door right then. Were it not for the fact that he had come in useful more times than Zya had originally expected, and of course because he absolutely refused to leave, chances are Zyanith would have simply left him asleep on a windowsill somewhere and beat a silent, but very fast retreat.

"No one's going to eat you Erreth," she sighed, taking another drink. "I'll prove it." At that, she stood and approched the girl, plopping down directly beside her and smiling as genuinely as she could.

"Hi. I'm Zyanith. That little Tuxedoed fellow over there? That's Erreth, a SpiritCat, and he's scared you're gonna eat him. Would you do my sanity a huge favor and let him know that you won't?"

Erreth stared at her, his mouth agape and revealing two rows of tiny, razor-sharp teeth.