Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~TheBloodFallsDown~(The Roc)

Started by Anonymous, May 29, 2006, 08:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Miri shrugged slightly, "I dont really remember...it was so long ago...." Her eyes wandered slightly as she thought.

You ssaved my life....then I had to ssstay with you until I ssaved your own.....but I ended up ssstaying with you....and ssaving your life more then once... The snake's hissing voice came into each of the girl's mind.

Miri sighed, "Oh yeah...that's right.....that stupid stupid kid....I still say you should've just bitten him."

Anonymous

Zyanith nodded. "Ah, so it was honor-based, then. Or impulse, I suppose." She sipped her drink, which the bartender had been so kind as to refill when she had sat down again, and gazed off into space for a few minutes. Erreth made up for her silence by hopping back onto the table and stretching in that luxurious way that only cats can pull off.

"What's wrong with a partnership being forged on mutual convenience?" he asked Zya, his head tilted to one side.

"Nothing, really," Zya answered, "I mean, neither of us do the other any harm, except for irritating the living daylights out of each other occasionally."

Anonymous

Neiryn listened with interest. So the snake had traditions, or something akin to that? It seemed that instinctive prejudices had limited her thinking. She refused to admit that she had perhaps been purposefully avoiding the fact.

"Because, sirrah," she answered at around the same time Zyanith did with some amusement, perfectly aware that the question was not for her "I doubt that any of the involved parties would particularly enjoy being left at the mercy of an enemy because the others decided that 'convenience' did not extend to helping a comrade in need with a bloodthirsty foe on the prow and possibly losing their own head. With honor-based systems, there is at least a greater chance of unity within the group. And a little bit less chance of folks running away before the battle's even began. Of course, it all depends on how honorable one is." She paused. "And in case you're going to blow holes in that system, let me remind you that despite every obstacle thrown in their paths, wolves are still alive and flourishing." The scholar was hoping to rile the cat up with a mention of wolves.

Anonymous

"Wolves?" Erreth asked, raising a brow with something akin to disdain, "I could see little purpose in running from those, as Zya has so much experience deterring them. A rabid dog is a bit of a different affair than a wolf pack; theirs is a coordinated hunt. All my partner need do is conjure up a deer, or something to that degree, and make sure it's 'smellable'."

"We've run into several wolves on our travels," Zya explained, "So I had to learn how to distract them, at least long enough for ourselves to get away."

"And as for honor, madam," Erreth continued, fluffing his fur in what he thought was a very regal way, "I have honor. I'm just not prepared enough to throw myself into something when I know that I'll either get in the way, or know that the two of us are in way over our heads. Miss Zyanith here doesn't know enough about her Craft to quite allow me complete ease, but she was the best I could do on short no- AGH!"

Erreth hit the floor, instantly proving the "Cats land on their feet" theory completely wrong by in fact landing, instead, on his black-furred head. Zyanith calmly put her empty mug back onto the table as the small cat managed to sit upright, though he was obviously reeling a bit both from a mug-to-the-face, then a floor-to-the-face. Once he regained what was left of his composure, he glared up at Zya.

"That was uncalled for."

Zyanith looked at him with the beginnings of a smirk. "Refill, please."

Anonymous

Miri laughed slightly and shook her head at the scene unfolding in front of her.
She then went back to the topic directed to her.
"Yes it is honored based but when we get in fights as long as I am alive Keira can't be killed....but she can kill. I coat her in my fire magic it's quite a useful trick."

OOC: srry took so long...SOTE went down on me...........

Anonymous

"Seems a very useful setup to me," Zyanith said with interest, "Especially when the partnership concerns something that is fairly easy to conceal, such as your Snake friend." By this time, Erreth had managed to get back onto the table. He silently plopped down on Zya's lap and curled himself into a  ball of fur from which no head, legs, or tail were easily discernable. Though the fall had done him no damage, his pride was very much hurt, and as usual when Zyanith got so fed up with him that she reciprocated, he thought it best to win her back by being as humble, cute, and cattish as possible.

"So if something were to happen to you, would Keira become an ordinary serpent?" Zya asked curiously, one hand absently stroking Erreth's fur.

Anonymous

"I understand." Neiryn said, nodding with mock solemnity. "Of course the two-legged toad would give you some problems-who knows, it might land on your face and bend those pretty whiskers of yours." She waited. Maybe Neiryn didn't have pets, but she did have pet projects. Currently, annoying Erreth had top priority,

"On second thought," she added at Erreth's fall. "Perhaps not. It might just bowl you over." She gave him a contemptuous look that said loads about his stupidity and nothing at all about his abilities, as those were eclipsed by his shortcomings. "I suppose SpiritCats can't get concussions..." she murmured to herself, and settled back to watch the scene unfolding before herself.

Anonymous

Miri shrugged to herself. "I'm not sure what would happen to her....I would have to ask Keira...."

A snake head appeared from Miri's lap.... You wanted sssomething?

Miri stared at the snake. "How do you do that?"

I'm not helpless you know. Your question? I prefer not being in the prensence of a cat and a hawk-person.

Miri laughed then shook her head slightly, "What would happen if I was killed?"

In battle I would lossse your protection and probably be killed. If I did live through the battle I would probably ssstill die. Although I haven't tessted it out fully. I mean I can't unlessss....of coursse...you are willing to die?

Miri glared at the snake, "No thank you...tried that once before....not going back to it,."

Thought as much...

Anonymous

Neiryn listened to the conversation with interest. So, the snake could also talk. Well, then it was a good thing that she hadn't tried to eat the snake. She bristled a bit at being called a "hawk" person. The Aderyn were falcons, but she really didn't feel up to correcting a snake that was probably poisonous.

Anonymous

"Interesting," Zya said softly as she absently stroked Erreth's fur with one hand. Erreth yawned, suddenly behaving just as a typical cat would, and closed his eyes. "I suppose that could definately be a downfall to the relationship, though Erreth and I share something of the same situation. Were I to die, he would starve, for lack of a better word."

"Yes, starve," Erreth mumbled sleepily, "Lack of proper nourishment. You wouldn't even really have to die. I estimate that a week away from your energy would be enough to do me in."

Zyanith nodded thoughtfully. "And I get little - or no - protection from him. So his death wouldn't affect me much. I don't know how that would work in your situation."

"Don't get any ideas, Mage," Erreth murmured. "I'm more useful than you know. You just have to figure me out." At that point he trailed off, doubtlessly to sleep, and left Zyanith musing silently.

Anonymous

Zyanith stretched, disturbing Erreth's nap in the process and causing him to grumble irritably. She already felt as though she had stayed far too long in this tavern, and was ready to go back to the Inn and get a few hours' rest.

"It was nice meeting all three of you," she said with a smile and a polite nod, "But I'm afraid if I stay here much longer, I'll fall asleep on the counter. Good day." At that, she collected the black-and-white, furry bundle that was Erreth and stood, holding the half-asleep cat in the crook of one arm and paying the bartender with the other. It would be nice to get a nap, and a bath too; after several days' travelling and the only place to bathe being cold rivers and lakes (with no soap to boot), Zya knew she probably looked terrible. Despite the fact that the girl rarely bothered about her appearance, Zya was not about to go more than four days without at least giving her hair a good scrub. As she moved to walk out the door, she haphazardly slung the little cat over one shoulder. Surprisingly, he stayed there without slipping off, though he did flicker a little at first.