Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

How to adjust...

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2005, 02:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Two weeks passed since Eldnacthgin lost Aralia. He had no idea what happened to the fräulein, she was just gone one morning. First he thought he should look in a forest, that's where he met her after all. After taking a step out of Adela he began to have second thoughts though. What if he couldn't find her and got lost? The cat boy didn't like the country unless he was there on a day off with the Major or Fritz or Kilian, all of whom weren't there. Choosing to stay in the village wasn't a terribly hard decision.

Living in the village was a different story. He felt awkward there, wasn't used to the low technology or speaking this language that was something like English. And the theives! On the third night by himself he woke up to find a boy (he couldn't have been more than twelve!) trying to steal his belt. Eld swatted the schweinehund with his cap, driving him away, but the next morning he discovered his armband missing. He never quite go over the shock of losing it...

In fact, he was currently perched on a crate trying to figure out just why the theif chose that particular part of his uniform to steal. He tapped a finger on the brim of his cap, swung his booted feet back and forth (thumping a heel against the crate every now and then), and flicked his tan tail side to side. It was noon, a bit hot for an autumn day and this crate was sitting under an overhang that provided a nice bit of shade.

"Hey you, boy!" A voice belonging to the owner of the crate hollared.

Eld stopped fidgiting and looked at the man, who was brandishing an iron pot in a threatening manner. The crate owner wasn't too pleased with this freeloader kicking his shop's future wares.

"Get," he swung the pot at the open street and scowled.

Eld pressed his ears against his head and looked up at the man, giving him a pitiful look that usually succeeded against the Major-

The man thumped the pot against his hand.

-when the Major wasn't angry at him... Eld sighed and stood up, balancing his cap over his ears and crossing his arms behind his back.

The man still scowled. He'd be happy when the foreigner was good and far away from any of his crates. Not only was he bad for the wares but he looked ridiculous in that military-looking costume, so different from the one the Adelan army favored. The guards should have trounced him for daring to walk around like that, what if a citizen didn't know and thought that this boy actually had some authority? It would be an outrage. He thumped the pot against his hand again. That was the last warning, the next one would be going in the foreigner's skull.

Eld just stared at the man. He was off the crate, shouldn't he be going back to his shop by now? Maybe he figured Eld would be right back on the crate the second he turned his back. He just wanted to stand in the shade, the sun would boil him alive if he spent too much time in it in this heavy uniform.

A vein ticked on the man's forhead, he pressed his lips together, raised the pot and stamped towards Eldnacthgin, whose eyes got quite wide.

"I told you to get!"

Anonymous

"That sort of action would give you quite a reputation when you start your shop. Your sales would be close to none, knowing that you beat a catboy that was using your shade. Unless you'd be willing to make profit in the black market." A mysterious feminine voice comes from the crate's direction. Atop the crate stands a woman, wearing a purple cloth top with a simple black brestplate overlapping her chest region. Her wrists and ankles are protected with bracers with the same black metal as the breatplate. She wears a purple cloth scarf that helps to add to her mysterious appeal, by covering much of her face. What stands out the most on this femme is her hairdo. It looks like a hair stylist's wicked experiment. It almost as if she appeared out of nowhere and started talking to the assaulting man. A ninja most likely.

(Karen)

Anonymous

Both shop owner and catboy turned to look at the woman when she spoke. The shop owner didn't look amused, Eldnacthgin looked like he wanted to melt into the wall.

When she was finished the man snorted, flaring his nostrils a bit. "This isn't any of your business," he said matter-of-factly.

Eldnacthgin nodded in the woman's direction and cleared his throat, "Frau Chaot?". The man's attention snapped back on him and he raised the pot again.

Eldnacthgin backed up a few steps and smiled genially. "I-I don't vant to cause any trouble, so I'll just be going on along my vay. Sorry for bothering you." He took a few quick steps backwards before slowing down some. If this man was going to chase him he wanted to know...

The shop owner just crossed his arms and scowled, the sooner this foreigner got off his property the better. "Go back where you came from!"

Anonymous

(Forgive the liberty I'm about to take, but it's to make matters intresting)

The woman's eyes shifted in the direction of where the catboy was and she smirked under her scarf after finding that he left. Her yellow eyes quickly shifted back to the shop owner. She then raises a hand to wave a finger at the man.
"Well, you're right about one thing. That wasn't any of my business, but you are." Without a warning, the ninjesque woman reaches into the opening of her shirt and quickly tosses a throwing knife at the man to stick him in the throat. As if it wasn't enough, she reaches into her shirt again to produce three shirukens to plant in three various points of his chest. Then as quickly as the woman appeared, she leaps up and vanishes without a trace. Apparently, the woman was hired to assassinate the man.

Anonymous

((You're forgiven ;)))

The man never knew what hit him. The knife and shurikens dropped him, oozing blood from his wounds and trickling it from the corners of his mouth. He made a few chocked gurgling sounds before laying still.

"Ach du heilige scheisse!!!" Elcnacthgin exclaimed, stopping and staring at the body of the shop keep. She killed him! Just threw the knives into him right in broad daylight! And she ran off! Well, if he was going to kill someone he wouldn't stick around... But he wouldn't do it in broad daylight! There were people around! People!

Speaking of people, someone began shrieking quite loudly. This caused the entire area to flood with a purr of chatter and activity.

Eldnacthgin didn't stick around to see what would happen next. Since the woman who did it was probably long gone by now it'd probably be best if he got away. He didn't want to be blamed for something he didn't do. So Eld grabbed his cap and started running.

He ran out of the market area to a quieter residential area and slumped against the wall of a house, loudly gasping for breath.

Anonymous

"Why did you run, boy?" The woman's voice calls out once more. This time, she stands just in front of the catboy with her arms crossed behind her back. She leans in close to his face to look into his eyes with her yellow eyes.
"It's not like I was going to take you out as well. I was simply hired to kill that man. You just happen to be there at the wrong time to whitness such a thing." She explains, not really thinking much about how the boy would react to her presence.

Anonymous

Eldnacthgin jumped when the woman appeared out of nowhere again. He put a hand over his heart and hyperventilated a little. How in the hell could this girl move so fast!! It just wasn't natural! He backed against the wall as far as he could, staring at the woman with obvious fear and mistrust in his golden eyes.

Once his heartrate got back to normal his fear dropped some and was replaced by a smoldering look. "I realized that vhen you ran off," he grumbled. "I'm sure a voman as quick as you does not haff to vorry about being caught. I did not vant to be blamed for your murder!"

Eld's hands were balled at his fists at his side and he glowered boldly up at the woman. At least until an interesting thought passed through his mind and loosened his fists. He narrowed his eyes a little, like he was trying to look into the woman's head to see what she was thinking. Which of course he couldn't do, he'd have to get in there the usual way.  "Vhy are you so vorried about me for anyvay? I von't let you bully me into silence."

Anonymous

The woman began to laugh a little. Not too much though. The boy was bold. Very intresting. She smiled benethe the scarf as she looked upon the catboy once more.
"I surely wouldn't call that a murder. That man had evil intent and was a pedofile. I was hired to rid his filthy presence of the world. It was more of a paid favor." The violet assassin explains with a bit of thill added to her voice.
"I'm nowhere near bullying you. I'm simply curious about you. And you can go ahead and chatter away about me all you want. I'm sure there's someone out there, that won't consider you crazy for talking about a killer lady in purple with unimaginable speed. Think about it... I only ever kill those that provoke me or are a mark anyway. You are safe." With her last bit of explaination, the woman turns away and begins to strut down the hallway.

Anonymous

Evil intent? Pedophile? Was she a soldier then? For all he knew this place couldn't have been that different from home. Only... killing people out in the streets was not civilized at all. Couldn't they just take them out of the village so everybody wouldn't have to see it? If anything, it made him want to find his way back home more.

Eld would have scrunched further back against the wall if the action wouldn't further squeeze his poor tail. Her interest bothered him a little, she was person who killed undesirables for living! Was her interest a good thing?

His whiskers drooped a little when she moved onto saying that others would think him crazy if he talked about it. Verdammt, he didn't need to open his mouth for people here to think he was crazy, and when he did most hopes that he was sane were shot. He glanced down at his boots and scuffed one back and forth slightly. "I don't need to talk about killers for others to think I'm crazy," he muttered, letting himself slide down into a sitting position and propping an arm on his knee.