Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts by candlelight

Started by Anonymous, June 12, 2006, 12:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Basil stared down at his own hands uncomfortably, scarred fingers curling ever so slightly. He supposed... just this once... Maybe it was smarter to leave Fera behind. He could just leave a note... Zen had fought off the monster last night, so maybe he'd be alright as long as they stuck together?

"...Alright," he murmured, "but I'm going to leave a letter letting her know where he'd gone, and not to worry, he'd be back, et cetera, et cetera.

A full-figured, attractive bar-maid brought over their breakfasts, winked at them both and sashayed off. Basil looked at the food quietly.

Anonymous

Zenidine dug into his food, "Alright. You can leave the letter with the barkeep I think. But first, you should eat."

Anonymous

Food-? Ah, yes, he supposed he should eat. He picked up his fork, shoved the food around his plate a little and took a small bite. One thing Fera was good for: getting him to eat. It seemed whenever he ate anything, his stomach only ended up feeling nauseaous, and therefore he avoided it at all costs. That aside, his clawed-up back was killing any tiny bit of appetite he might've otherwise had.

At some point, he stood and excused himself to wander up to the bar, asking for a pencil and something to write on. He returned to the table, sat back down, and started scribbling out a note for his sister informing her they were going to the church and would be back before nightfall. That gave them all day, and hopefully she wouldn't try to follow since he was politely requesting that she stay behind this time.

Oh boy, she was gonna kill him later.

Anonymous

Zenidine polished off his plate, and stole a few bites from Basil's while he wasn't looking. "Just let me know when you're ready to leave."

Anonymous

If Basil noticed, he didn't seem to care. In fact, he glanced down at the plate when he was done with his letter and nudged it towards Zen, smiling faintly. "You can have it, if you want it." He'd only taken two or three bites of it anyway.

Anonymous

"Really? Thanks. I figured I'll need my engery if those things decide to attack you again. I have some more offencive spells then just walking through walls, you know?" Zendine finished off Basil's plate as well and put a few coins on the table for the barmaid. "Anyway, are we off yet? Your sister will be up soon."

Anonymous

Basil gave one last nervous look towards the stairs and nodded, rising to his feet. "Just let me drop this off." As he said it, he walked over to the man behind the bar, held out the folded piece of paper and politely asked him to deliver it to his sister should she wake up before he returned. That done, he returned to the table, nodding curtly to Zen. "We can go now."

Anonymous

Zenidine was on his feet with a slightly impish smile for his companion, "Then let us be off, Basil."