Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ah! I'm Freezing... (Small Wonder!!)

Started by Anonymous, June 27, 2006, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The bold stem of moonlight that was creeping its way across the inn-room floor, spread slowly across pale skin. The night was only part way through its cycle, and there was a clear, iridescent glow cast by the full moon, giving everything beneath it a certain sense of brevity and eerie calm. Inside the room, there were only shadows and the soft sound of sleeping breath, the occasional interruption of skin on sheets as a body shifted in bed. That one cautious stream of light, moving carefully up the sheets spilling over on to creaky wooden floors, lingered for a moment, before stretching its cool fingers across the contented face of the woman who had entangled herself in the warmth of the bed linens.

Rolling over to avoid the light that was shining down in the vicinity of her still weary eyes, Atachii tugged at the blankets, pulling them up and over her shoulders, and tucking her legs up to her chest, hoping to squeeze in a few more moments of sleep, like a stubborn teenager being told to wake up for class. It was then that she realized she was stark naked. Bolting straight up, holding the sheets to her chest, she ran a hand through mangled and knotted hair. What the hell was she doing naked? Wait, a better question would be, what the hell was she doing naked <I>in a hotel bed</I>? This was perfect. Her memory was hazy, and liquefied due to the mass amounts of alcohol she had consumed only hours before, but one name stuck in bright, fluorescent green text against the fog of the evening: Yuuki.

“That… That…� She couldn’t even find the words for it. How had she gone from downstairs in the bar, having a nice, friendly drink with the rest of her new-found acquaintances, to upstairs in a hotel room with <I>Yuuki</I>, of all people. Yuuki. She could feel the blood in her veins beginning to boil as she rolled the name off her tongue. That bastard was going to pay. Obviously he had found some way of coaxing her into bed, and the prick had the wrath of a woman to deal with.

Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed without any form of grace, she hopped off, still holding the yellow-tinted ends of the sheet to her chest with one hand. Hurriedly, Atachii searched the room for any sign of the clothing she knew she’d been wearing that night, but unfortunately for her, it was nowhere in sight. Either they had somehow formed a will of their own and run away during the rampant moments of bed games, which were now flooding her memory and she was trying her damned hardest to block out, or Yuuki had decided that trying out women’s underwear would suit his fancy, and was playing some sick game.

Having no success in finding any clothing, and with her anger mounting with each passing moment, Atachii tightened her hold on the sheet ends with her one hand, and pulling the dragging excess fabric up from the floor, she flung open the door, not pausing to bother and close it before running, partially leaping, down the stairs. It was no concern of hers that every head in the bar turned to watch as she stormed through and out into the cold snow, leaving many questioning looks and utter expressions of astonishment in her wake. But, maybe this was a common occurrence at hotels such as that.

Yuuki wasn’t inside, she had noticed with iron hot glares as she rushed through the pub. The snow outside was cold against the exposed skin of her feet, but only for a moment before it was liquefied and turned to so much lukewarm water. She didn’t notice, though, before shouting out into the cold and frigid air.

“YUUKI! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?! WHERE THE HELL ARE MY UNDERWEAR, YOU GAY SKUNK-MONKEY!�

Whipping her head back and forth, her brown, knotted hair hardly moving in the slight, chilling breeze, she happened to look down at her feet.

“Oh… Fuck…�

Her footsteps were slow, and slightly shaky as she moved backward toward the inn entrance, gripping the door frame for support before turning around to face the still milling crowd. Behind the masses of gawking people, she spotted <I>him</I>, sitting oh-so-casually beside Niaaki, and looking rather happy with himself. Approaching slowly from across the room, like an inevitable sense of doom, she stopped in front of Yuuki, the fist clutching at the dirtied sheet almost white. In an ever elevating tone, and a voice slightly shuddering with boiling rage, her words were solid and heavy.

“I hope you know… <I>Yuuki</I>… That I’m carrying…� She paused with an insane grin. “Your child.�

Rhindeer

"Yes, Yuu...I am well acquainted with your sense of humor..." Niaaki agreed with a small smirk and a shake of his head. Was it bad of him that he was, deep inside, kind of enjoying the fact that Yuuki's sense of humor was for once being directed toward another girly fellow and not at him for once? Well. Probably. But he'd never admit that out loud!

Erk, Niaaki also knew that the truth was going to come out eventually. Already Yuuki, despite his joking, seemed a bit...suspicious, and Niaaki couldn't help but wince a little when he placed the back of his hand against his cold cheek. Hopefully he didn't ask...if he didn't ask, he wouldn't have to tell, after all! Luckily, Yuuki seemed to think of something better to talk about. He would, he was Yuuki, after all. And Yuuki was just...well...Yuuki.

Niaaki only snorted and crossed his arms over his thin chest, eyeing Yuuki out of the corner of his eye. "I am not a prude, Yuu. I put up with you, do I not?" he asked pointedly with a small, wry smirk. "I just prefer fires for getting warm. The fire works just fine and takes less effort." And, okay, maybe he was a little prudish. Then again, did not getting drunk and going to bed with a stranger make you a prude? Of course, Niaaki didn't go to bed with anyone anytime, unless of course it was strictly for sleeping and no groping or anything was involved. He was fine with sleeping with people that he knew, but in a purely platontic and not perverted way. After all, he rather liked cuddling and, heck, he cuddled with Yuuki. But it was all in the brotherly sense. For one, he wasn't gay, and for two even if he was he wouldn't go for Yuuki. That'd just be creepy and...feel like incest.

He regarded Yuuki as his best friend and brother. They weren't blood, but Niaaki could care less about that. Blood was thicker than water? He hated that expression, especially since his own father had rejected him.

Shaking his head, he smiled politely at Braeden as Yuuki apologized, coughing a little and almost wanting to reach out and slap the other guy on the back. But he seemed okay, like he wasn't going to die from choking. Whew. "Yes, do not mind him. He calls even me lovely." That was said with a look and a raised eyebrow in Yuuki's direction. He knew it wasn't really a joke. The guy did look rather lovely and even Niaaki had mistaken him for a girl at first. Which was kind of scary but made the part-fae feel slightly better about himself.

"Ah..." What had he been up to? Oh, haha, just drinking wine and throwing it all up is all! Niaaki averted his eyes and stuffed another piece of bread into his mouth to buy him some time, feeling oddly guilty and ashamed. That had been pretty irresponsible on his part, but...the drinks had been free and he was never one to decline charity!

Besides, Yuuki was supposed to have been down there watching out for him and keeping all the lecherous drunk men away! Niaaki was fine about pretending to be a woman and flirting back so he could get free things, it was all an act and even if it did make him cringe inside, it got him things. However, he tended to only do that when Yuuki was around. Especially when there were drunkards about. You know, just in case things went overboard and the guys got...crazy. In this case, however, he'd ended up a bit stuck. He'd already started working his magic when Yuuki had abandoned him, and he couldn't just stop pretending, laugh, and say, "Haha, oops, hey, sorry, but...I'm actually a guy, bye!" No, that would just get him a good ass-kicking. Though, he could probably kick ass right back.

Niaaki may have looked weak, and he was, but...he did have magic. He could defend himself. He was frail and underweight and sickly, sure, but...he wasn't helpless, either.

Leaning on the table, Niaaki flashed Yuuki his most charming smile. He didn't really want to get a lecture for this, but he also wasn't about to lie. "Well. That is a bit interesting, actually, Yuu. See...I was up to the usual, basically. I scored myself a few free drinks from some of the men who of course thought I was a woman, as usual. And who was I to say otherwise? I did not agree, I just...went along with it, anyway. Really, I was just trying to see if I could get some food out of it. Well...I...believe I drank too much. Then I got a bit fed up when someone tried to feel me up, so I decided to go back to the camp. Then I ran into Braeden here, and..." He nibbled daintily at another piece of bread. "He helped me get rid of all the alcohol I drank," he finished with a smile, trying to play it off all casual-like.

"That...is pretty much it. How about you, Yuuki? Did you enjoy your time with the lady?"

It was then, at that precise moment, that said lady suddenly appeared, right there, in front of Yuuki.

Niaaki probably had the worst timing ever for asking that question. Especially since the answer looked rater obvious as he slowly lifted his silver eyes upward, taking in her intimidating form, the way her fists were clenching as, in her obvious anger, she seemed to tower over the table, throwing her shadow over them all. Maybe that was an exaggeration, but Niaaki's eyes widened as he looked up at her, then down at Yuuki, and he couldn't help but sink back in his chair a little.

The lady...that had to be the lady. And she looked pissed.

On a sudden second look, Niaaki also noticed with a start that she was wearing a SHEET. He hadn't noticed that the first time, he'd been too busy staring at Her Scariness, and he almost blushed.

He...was so glad he was celibate. He would have not liked to be in Yuuki's position and he wouldn't trade places with him for the world!

But if that was bad enough...what she said next, through all her shuddering rage...well...

“I hope you know… Yuuki… That I’m carrying… Your child."

Niaaki just about fell out of his seat. "WHAT?" he gasped out, clutching out the table and wincing a little. His stomach still didn't feel right, and THIS was not helping!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa