Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Journay

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2006, 09:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(Hey, glad too see your back! Yay)

Her body felt hot, almost feverish and the words that came out of his mouth were somewhat slurred to her. She shook her head. She needed to get a hold of herself. She was glad that he had made her sit down for she was awfully tiered from all the running they were doing to get rid of these men.

What did these men want with her and what was that guy talking about. We'll give ya to the high lord, who was that? She didn't know and right now she couldn't even think with the painful stabbing in her side. When Andwyad pulled the knife out she let out a small yelp of pain. "I don't even know why they're after me!"she exclaimed.

He pressed his shirt up against her wound and almost instantly it stained it. She felt really bad. "Oh Andwyad, I'm so sorry, your just caught up into everything and look at this..I've stained your shirt.. I'm really really really sorry..I.." She was getting dizzy and her tongue caught in her throat.

"Oh, Andwyad, I don't feel so good.. I feel dizzy.."

Up in the distance she could hear a slight gasps from the bustiling crowd as someone was pushing their way through.

"Outta my way!" a vagualy familar voice rang out. She knew it was the murderer but her mind and her body just couldn't comprehend the thought. She just sat there, not really sure of what too do. The man came closer.

"I'm going to get you, you little wench, and your little boy friend too!" Someone yelled.

She couldn't comprehend. She wasn't feeling to good.

"Andwyad, I'm sorry I stained your shirt"!

Goldie

Gyah!  The gal was definitely delirious.  Who the hell cared that his shirt was ruined?  It was ruined before he had taken it off and soaked it in blood.  At least now he could say that he destroyed it saving someone's life instead of saying that he had ruined it drinking a little too heavily.

"Stop yer worryin'!" he demanded softly, trying to keep his voice kind enough even through his irritation.  Gods but he hated girls.  "Th'shirt was old anyway."  And there she went, continuing to fuss over his shirt.  Only a gal would worry that much over clothing.  It wasn't as if it was made of velvet and silk and had cost fivehundred gold.  It was cotton, he'd had it for months and it was about time for it to be retired.  And now it could feel good about going like a noble shirt.

Or something.

His head jerked up as he heard the commotion coming from behind them.  Shit, the bastard had found them!  Well, they hadn't gone very far so that wasn't surprising...but Gods he wanted them to go bother some other unsuspecting person.  He was done with this crap, and he was ready to do some serious damage to them.  Enough being nice.  Now, if he had to, he'd run the man through with his own knife.

"Hey...hey!" he cried when he noticed her focus fading, "Stay with me, ok?  Look at me.  Hey, yeah, you, gal...we gotta get movin'.  Tha' guy's back an' we gotta move else he's gonna come do more damage.  So ya gotta stay with me."  He continued to apply pressure to her side, tucking the blade into his belt without caring that he didn't wipe the blood frist.  It was clear that he was going to need something else to staunch the blood flow, but for now it was going to have to do.  In fact, they were going to have to find a surgeon...the loss of blood could kill far faster than a festering wound.

"Can ya walk?" he asked, completely aware that he'd have to help her and possibly carry her if she stumbled.

Anonymous

(OOC: Just too say, I'm really sorry this post took so long but I was at Knoebles amusement park , camping, for a couple of days with no computer! And just to warn you ahead of time, it might be crappy since I haven't been on..

IC:

The busy, humid, day was slowly starting to turn into early evening. Already a whole day has gone by, and Megan wasn't even aware of it. Of course, then again she did have other pressing matters. Like the fact that her side wouldn't stop bleeding and a man was after her for no apparent reason, or one that she wasn't aware of. Her mind was reeling with dizziness as she looked up at Andwyad who seemed to be trying to tell her something. She tried to concentrate with all her strength left but the painful throb at her side was numbing her thoughts.

She could hear him speaking but his words were somewhat slurred and she couldn't make them out. Only then when he asked a question did she really understand. Could she walk? She didn't know, but she would try, anything to get away from the man. A man? Oh yeah, that's right, someone was chasing them.

"Yeah, I can walk". Her voice was merely more than a whisper, weak, but it came out loud enough for Andwyad to hear. She stood up next to Andwyad, swayed for a moment, but then quickly regained her balance with what little strength she had left. She was fighting to stay awake long enough just  to make it out of this whole ordeal.
What was this whole ordeal about anyway? Why were they after her? It was all so confusing and she couldn't think about it right now. There was just too much to comprehend as all in all the whole world was spinning at her feet.

(A little powerplaying, can be modified if you want! LOL)
The man now stood in front of them, trying to block any escape or exit.

"Now lookie here bub, I'm supposed to take her on a'ittle trip, ya see, and yer just messing things up right now, making my job harder, so why don't ya just hand'er over and we can settle this" He was still holding his bitten hand, courtsey of Megan, gently as if it was glass and could break. He quickly dug deep into his pocket and pulled out another, shorter, knife that gleamed with a tint of red. Somewhat recently used.
A crowd was starting to gather, overlooking the fact of what kind of danger Andwyad and Megan were in. Just thinking that they were either about too see a good fight, or some kind of show. Just practical! She could help but mentally sigh at the dull thought.

"Just giv'er here"! With that he lunged at them, bringing Megan back somewhat to her sences. She grabbed Andwyad's hand. Wherever he was going to lead her, now might be a good time too do it!

Goldie

"C'mon" he said gently, looping her arm around his neck before he started walking.  The crowd wasn't about to get in the way of a sword if it came to that, and that crazy bastard more than likely had a few more on him.  With that he started leading her away.

Where was he going?

Hell if he knew!  The best thing right now was just to get away and hope for the best!

Gyah!  If only he had more allies in this town....usually on a paid mission he was given names whom he could trust, at least while he was employeed, but now...now he had to find people on his own.  All that he knew was that his current enemy was a few minutes away from skewering them both.

The man's voice made Andwyad stop in his tracks and he slowly turned around, keeping a tight hold on Megan lest she be kidnapped again.  And damnit if the crowd wouldn't do a thing.  Here they were, gathered around like a bunch of losers expecting something big.  Where was the guard anyways?  Wouldn't one of them at least go and fetch the guards?

Course not, that would be the SMART thing to do.

Andwyad forced his face into a completely blank expression as he looked at the man, a small smile forming at the edge of his mouth which he repressed.  He listened, storing away all of the man's words in order to form some sort of reason why he was after the girl.

"Well, I suppose tha' ya weren' paid t'ave a hard job, eh?" he asked with a gleam in his eye, "Ya see, ya leave me wit two choices."  he held up two fingers on his free hand for emphasis, "I can give ya th'gal...or I can' fight ya until ya beg for yer mummy t'come and patch up yer wounds."

The man's face purpled with surpressed anger as he listened to Andwyad speak.  He obviously hadn't counted on this being a difficult job.  After all, how strong could one girl and an old man be?  Ha!  Poor fool.

"Why yo--"

"Now now, please don' ya interrupt." Andwyad interjected, "It's rude and don' make me like ya much."  He winked, "So, ya leave me with these two choices.  Does the gal mean some-ut t'me?  Tha's what yer thinkin, righ'?  Well, maybe so...mayhap not, but I'm not about t'let ya know that am I?"  He grinned, "Now, if I gave ya the gal...wha' would ya do t'er?  Take 'er on yer trip?  Tha's all nice and peachy, but ya see this wound in 'er?  Yeah, tha' one ya left?  You'll take 'er on yer trip an' she'll die.  Then what'll yer master say?  So I propose this t'ya.  Ya let me take 'er t'get all fixed and pretty like, an' we'll negotiate handin' 'er over, eh?"  Many times during his speach the man looked like he was going to interject by way of the little knife in his hand or in harsh words, but Andwyad's reasonings stopped him in his tracts.

It was true, then.  If the girl died he wouldn't have any reason to go back, and it was clear that she was in bad shape.  Any more jossling would cause more blood flow and ultimately, and untimely demise.  Hopefully, just hopefully, the man would agree to his terms.

Each second that passed felt like an eternity, and agonizing eternity until finally the man looked up and glared, dragging his dagger across his palm to form a large gash.

"Ye got ta swear ta keep yer end."  He said, holding out his bloody hand.

"O'course  I swear!" Andwyad said with unwonted cheer as he pulled the other dagger from his belt and slashed his hand before reaching out and clasping the others.  He could feel their blood mingling together, binding them in an oath of blood.

It was done.

With that, he quickly bound his hand with a strip of his already bloodied shirt before turning his attention back to his ward.  She needed help, and fast.

"Any'un know wheres I cn find a doctor o'sorts?"  One of the ladies in the crowd gave him directions to the closest one and he thanked her.  Good, so the gal wouldn't die after all.  One step at a time.  That's all it took.

His plan was falling into place.

"C'mon, you." he told her as he started leading her off in the direction of the physician, subconsciously aware that the other man fell in a few steps behind them.

ooc: This'll probably be my last post before I leave!  Have a great week!  *hugs*  and PS!  Knoebles is so much fun!!!!!  I went there a few years ago!!!  XD

Anonymous

She was barely aware of the situation that was taken place in front of her very baby blue eyes. Her delicate features were somewhat slumped over as she was standing next to Andwyad, trying to concentrated on the situation before her. She didn't understand why the man and Andwyad had shook hands. Was he apart of it? Was he just leading her into a false sense of security in order to take her back to that man? A man? Oh, yeah, that's right, the man that was always after her.

Her whole side throbbed with excruciating pain. Crimson red blood poured from the wound and down the side, staining her shirt, his shirt, and her rose pink skirt. She could feel the warm irony liquid run down and seep into the fabric. Just thinking about blood always made her sick, actually seeing it made it worse. Andwyad said something and grabbed her hand, pulling her in some other random direction in which she wasn't sure about.

"Andw-Andwyad, where.....where are we..going?" she asked her voice fidgety and qauvering. It came out in no more than a mere whisper and she thought dully about what would happen if he didn't hear her. Man, she was tiered, but oh how she didn't want to seem weak! What would Andwyad think of her if she couldn't even walk, just because of a small stab wound. She peered down on it. Well, maybe not small, and it hurt like hell, but still, her pride was much to far than that.

She somewhat tried to quicken her pace but slowed down as she could feel pain scorching in her side, the skin pulling more farther away from the wound. She was again becoming increasingly dizzy and sick from all of this moving and running and fighting. She stumbeled once or twice trying to keep up with Andwyad's pace.

There was a loud bang as one of the crates from the loading docks fell from a ships cable. She looked over her shoulder in surprised, hearing the noise almost reverberating inside of her. She gasped as she saw the man behind her.

"Andwyad he's right-"

Everything became black as the man from behind punched her in the back of the head.But even before he had clenched his fist she had blacked out, from the loss of blood. The punch on the head didn't help that much either.

(I hope you have a good time, and that, above^^^, is also a little bit powerplaying, I don't know why, for me it's kinda hard not to do it now, I'm very very sorry, if you want to change it I can.)

Goldie

ooc: it's not powerplaying when it happens to your character!!! silly XD

ic:

She collapsed.

With a gasp, he quickly adjusted his hold on her in order to keep her from falling onto the ground.  At first he thought that she had lost too much blood, but as he caught her falling figure he saw the man he come closer and he was wearing a grin on his fat face.

"What th'ell did ya do!?" he screamed at him, pulling Megan into his arms and rising to his feet again, "She 'as already weak.  Why'd ya go an' knock 'er out!?!  Ya bastard!"  The man just stood there with his stupid grin which made Andwyad even angrier.  Who the hell went around hitting people who were dying?!  Or growing weaker by the second!?

"She 'us gonna fall anyways." he replied, his grin faded slightly at the anger on Andy's face, but only slightly.  He had seen how his friend had gotten knocked around, but he wasn't about to show his fear to some random guy who seemed so close to the girl he wanted.  

"Yer a bloody bastard." he snarled in reply, turning on heel and starting off towards the doctors house.  They were almost there, and the blood flow was still coming, and now he couldn't hold the cloth on the wound and carry her at the same time.  Gods...would she make it?  She had already lost enough blood that it might take her weeks to recover...gyah!  This wasn't cool! He was suppose to meet with a client on the morrow and now he'd be stuck with his sense of duty and stay with the gal!

Gods but he needed some money!  And it mattered now.  His coin purse was empty and they had to find some way to pay the doctor.

"Hey, you." he turned around again, addressing the man, "If ya wanna get 'er alive, ya gotta pay the doc."  The man looked like he was about to retort and refuse but he changed his mind and shut his mouth, merely nodding as they approached the doctors door.

Andwyad didn't even knock before it was opened and a woman was framed by the doorway, her eyes taking in the scene with a sharpness honed over years of service.  She didn't even say a word as she motioned for them to enter, quickly pointing over to a bed where Andy deposited Megan.

"She's not well off." the woman replied taking the girls pulse, "I'll need to examine her.  You both are free to wait in the other room."  She stared at them through her half rimmed spectacles, her eyes cold, daring them to disobey.

They didn't.  Whatever was going on, the doctor seemed to value modesty.

So they left and sat in the other room as the doctor, more than likely, stitched up the wound and stopped the bleeding and stuff.

Anonymous

OOC: How was you trip? Did you have a good time? I hope you did, LOL

IC:

When Megan woke up the first thing she thought was that the man was coming after her. She tried to sit up in the bed very quickly but a throbbing pain and a stubborn woman pushed her back down onto the white linen sheets, in which some spots were stained crimson red. After a couple of minutes of taking deep breaths and calming down she quickly regained herself and finally looked up at the woman. "Where...where am I"? Megan asked looking around the slightly small room. She had a million questions to ask and before the woman could answer, she asked another one. "Where's Andwyad, where did he go, is he here? Where is here? Why-" The woman put a hand over her mouth in order to tell Megan to stop, so she could explain.

"You are at the local doctors, you needed immedeite attention for that wound, now lay down before I make you!" The woman's voice was somewhat soft but stern too. Megan notcied that she was a woman who took her work seriously and devoted it as her life! The woman left without one word into another room, there was a couple of clangs, and then she came out with this odd looking substance in a crystal glass. It was purple. "Drink this,the woman said,It will make the pain subside a little...." The stern voice traveled off into thoughts as Megan took the glass and drank it. The woman was right.

It took of the pain, slightly.

She looked down upon her white tanktop and pink rose petal skirt. They were drenched in her own blood and it made her dizzy just too look at it. She never liked to look at blood, especially her own. She just got this sick feeling from it. As if it should always, always be kept inside, and not seen. She lifted the top of her shirt and looked upon the stiched up wound which was starting to crust with dry blood. The area around it was raw red, and the skin was stained.

She put back down her shirt and then closed her eyes, leaning her head against the soft pillows. she was ubelieveably tiered and yet so excited that she was actually alive. The woman stood over her for a momnet, writing some things on paper and then left the room into another door. Megan could hear some talking being done. Maybe the woman was talking to Andwyad.

Andwyad.

He had risked his life for her, and yet they were totally two different strangers! He had even tried to get her out of trouble. Tried to keep the horrible man away from her. The man that had actually put her in this bed, in this horrible pain.Andwyad was there for her, and she didn't know why..but she felt like that she needed to be always there for him now. As if she owed him or something..Right now she just felt like she wanted to be with him.  It was an odd feeling because she didn't even know him. But all the same it felt right. The woman, doctor, strolled back in, this time with something green in a vile that she must have brought from the other room. "Drink this, it will make you sleepy.." For a second, Megan was reluctant to drink it, thinking that she might wake up, not knowing what was going on, and if Andwyad would still be there. But the horrible pain in her side made her think twice.

"Before I drink I want to see Andwyad, right now, is he here?" she asked her voice still weak."Well, there is a two men here, who have brought you in, I can't tell which one is which so I will send them both in if your up to it." Megan thought about who the other man might be until if finally came to her through her dull thoughts. "Yes, send them in, when I see them I will tell you who I want" Megan said leaning her back against the pillow again. She was propped up on many pillows, almost in a laying, sitting position. The woman looked reluctant too do so but then  left.

She needed to get her life in order. So much had happened in one day, her grandfather dying, the men chasing after her, getting stabbed, Andwyad getting caught in the whole mess. He would probably look for an explanation and she couldn't give him one. Megan studied the glass vile. It was full to the brim, it was a slightly dark emerald green but somewhat clouded over.

Little did Megan, or Andywad know, was that the woman was a part of the plot. The man sitting next to Andwyad was her love. The green vile, could contain anything.

(OOC: SUSPENCE!, LOL!!!

Goldie

ooc:  I had a BLAST!  It was fantastic ^_^

ic:

They went into the other room and Andwyad quickly glanced around, noting the scarce amount of decour and the four chairs that waited around a table.  This was probably her kitchen or something...after all, she did use her own house for her practice, so it would make sense that they were being shown to some room that she used on a regular basis....

Gyah, but he didn't want to wait here with that guy!  For all he knew he was going to pull out another knife and BAM!  They'd all be dead and it wouldn't be cool and just....gyah!

But he couldn't go against his oath.  If the man betrayed him, his blood would boil and he would die.  It was an ancient magic, blood oaths, and swore them both to their word.  The assassin guy would have to see her healed and negotiate with Andwyad once she was fit to travel.

Hopefully that wouldn't be soon.  But then, negotiating would be the least of his worries.  It was after the negotiations that he would have to worry...or....rather....during.  He did have another way to.."negotiate" and he was going to use it in the hopes of getting the gal out of there.  Would it work?  He sure hoped so....if it didn't, they'd both be dead.

But at the moment, all he could do was sit down in one of the wooden chairs and glare silently at the other man while he waited to hear what was up with Megan.  The guy wasn't even pretty, which disgusted him even more.  He wouldn't have minded so much if he had at least been some semblance of good looking, but this guy...sheesh....he was brutish...broad shouldered, big ugly nose...a face littered with scars and pock marks....he was just...ick.

"What're ye lookin' at?" the man asked, noticing the look of disgust Andwyad gave him as he stared.

"Yer ugly." he replied simply, wrinkling his nose in distaste, "An' ya smell."  Well...he smelled too, but this guy was rancid....his name should be rancid breath or breath of doom or, I can kill you with my face!

The poor man didn't quite know how to reply and returned Andwyad's stare with his own of complete and utter surprise.  How the hell would anyone reply to a comment like that?  He had been expecting something along the lines of 'I hate you' or 'You're a bastard' or something...but 'yer ugly' was not among the comments he'd expected to hear.

"Who are ya anyway?" Andwyad asked when the man couldn't find the words to reply, "Ya come in 'ere, kill th'poor grandpaw, an' then go after th'gal?"  There, that was a question he could answer and his lips turned up into a sneer.

"Wouldn' ye like t'know, huh?  Wha' would ye pay t'ear it?"

"No' what yer thinkin'."  Well...it was what he was thinking...and the other guy probably was thinking along completely different lines...but no one could know just by their retorts to one another.

That was that.  No more negotiations, not yet.  The negotiations they had sworn were about Megan's life, not what they were doing there and who they were working for.  In fact, Andwyad could relate to that guy....after all, he was being paid to do a job much like Andy had done in the past.  Now he just happened to be on the opposing end and working for free.

He didn't know how long they waited, but the doctor returned and looked at them both with calculating eyes.

"She's awake." she replied, her voice still stern, "She wishes to see you."  They both stood and she held up her hand, glaring through her glasses at them both, "Do not distress her.  If you do I will call the guard and have you both thrown from the village and care for her myself.  Do you understand?"  Sheesh...what a stuffed shirt...but Andy understood her concern and nodded, hoping that the grunt from the other man was consent and nothing hostile.

The doc seemed to think it was ok and she nodded stiffly and led them into the other room where Megan was lying in a bed looking pale, but altogether alive.

Andwyad breathed a sigh of relief.

"How ya feelin'?" he asked her, keeping his distance lest the doctor jump on him...or try to kill him with a needle or something.

Anonymous

She studied the green vile more closely, looking at the slight swiriling clouds that it contained, deep under the glassy emerald surface. After she would speak with Andwyad she would take it and then, after waking up....it would be time to leave. She wasn't one for waiting and a week in a bed in a stranger's house was to much. No.. even if the wound wasn't healed she would still leave and get back up on her feet. See what would happen next with this man and Andwyad. That was what was making her so fidgity and frustrated. What did this man really want with her. Why was this man suddenly chasing her and stabbing her and trying to take her somewhere? Why did he even want her? She leaned farther back on the pillow, getting a head ache from trying to think all of this through.She closed her eyes and breathed in and out, trying to steady herself and trying to shake off the pain that was ebbing at her side.

The door suddenly opened and in strolleled Andwyad, the doctor, and the man that had put her in this bed. What the hell was he doing here? she asked herself mentally  in disbelief. She stared at him horrified wondering what the hell he was doing here...He just didn't want to give up did he? She looked over at the docter and said"If you wouldn't mind I would like only him to stay in here with me, just for a couple of minutes so we can talk, I want that man to and you to leave..." she tried to make her voice sound stronge and firm, but in only came out meek and almost in a soft whisper. The docter nodded and looked over towards the man. "Come on, out!" she said in a stern tone that made the man jump as he was led out the door by her brisk hands. Now it was just her and Andwyad.She smiled at him as he asked her a question. How was she feeling?

"Um....okay... I think....It still hurts, but I think I'll be okay..."She looked into his eyes. He really did stay with her didn't he? When things got really tough he stayed with her, and wouldn't let her go. For that she was very grateful. She could feel her cheeks rush with blood as one stray tear fell down her face. "Thank you, thank you so much..." She took out the green vile and once again found herself studing it...getting lost in the deep depths of the emerald liquid.

(Again, sorry, more powerplay, definietly can be changed if you want it, because I know i keep doing it and it's probably becoming a pain, LOl)

In the other room the doctor and the man sat at the table, each talking to each other in a low whisper. "What the hell do you think your doing? Why the hell did you stab her, ya imbicole! She could have died because of you and all would be lost. The High lord would be very unpleased!"The doctor muttered to the man in a low whisper. "The little twit bit me!" The man countered back, he showed his love his blood crusted hand and she took it and held it firmly. "I will stich it up for you later, right now we have to deal with the man and the girl..." the doctor said examining the hand and then looking into the eyes of the man. "Yeah, but what are we supposed ta do?" he asked looking back at his love. She smiled. "I gave the girl a mixture that will make her fall into a deep sleep for a good couple of hours.... the man...eh.. we could work out something with him.. maybe give him a needle to his death....maybe just knock him out and take the girl...you can decide...." The doctor's thoughts reeled with possiblility as she thought with glee what the high lord would say if she single handedly caught the girl.

(If that was confusing then I will explain it for you. LOL..)

In the other room Megan was still with Andwyad studing the vile. She looked up and noticed that he was still standing. "Why don't you take a seat?" she asked her eyes darting over to a plain wooden chair that looked hand carved. Hoping he would take a seat she started to speak, the words pouring over each other. "I'm really sorry you got into this mess, hell, I don't even know what this mess is, I don't even know why this man wants me, earlier he said something about a high lord, but I don't know what that is....I truely understand if you want to leave, I would'nt blame you if you did...." Truth was she didn't want him to leave, but, in fact, if it was best, then he surely must, even if it wasn't what she wanted. She looked towards the door in which the Doctor and the man had left through. Maybe instead of taking the green vile she should get up and leave, paying the doctor on the way out. She tried to straighten up, more into a sitting positiont, but yelped out with pain as her wound throbbed even more. She layed back down and then took the bottle out from under the sheets.

"This is the strangest bottle I have ever seen, and I am used to seeing things such as potions because my mother liked to work with them.. help people, but this...." she becamse lost in thought. She looked at Andwyad. Smiled a warm and true smile, even if weak, and then opened the top in which the vile held the liquid. She small a slight mist enaminate from the opening, almost as if it were steaming. She doubted taking it, but then thought maybe it was best. She put the tip of the vile between her tinted red lips and took the thing in one shot.

The taste burned down her throat and she surely thought was was goint to choke on the stench and taste. Her face was contorted with confuesment and slight pain as her mind relled with daze as everything began to shut down. Pain came from her mind as it too began to shut down, into a cold driftless sleep. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head as everything had became dark.She fell hard back against her pillows.

She lay in a deep sleep. The glass vile fell from in between her pale fingers, fell and shattered on the floor.

(Sorry it's so long, but SUSPENSE, I'm glad you had a good time on your trip)

Goldie

He was glad that she was ok, and she was talking.  That was certainly a good thing.  The doctor had done her job and the gal wasn't going to die, not today!  Hopefully she wouldn't have to worry about anything else after the 'negotiations' were completed.  At the moment, with just the two of them, he wanted to pick her up and go before the guy could even think, but even the thought of betraying his oath sent fire through his veins.

Nope, he'd have to see the damn thing through to the end.

Luckily, so would the man.  After the negotiations for her life...that's when things could get sticky...very sticky...and usually without a preamble.

One step at a time, he told himself, one bloody step at a time.  Free the gal.  That's really all he wanted to do.  Free her and then be on his way without looking back.  This was too much excitement for his humble mind.

Ha!  Humble his ass.  It was just too much free will for his taste! He liked being told what to do and then figuring things out from there.  But now?  now he was creating his own plans.  If they went astray he had no one but himself to blame.  That was pretty sucky in his opinion.  He hated being responsible for his actions almost as much as he hated keeping company with girls.  Especially girls with problems.

He didn't feel like sitting down, so he stood and listened to another fabulous apology.  Honestly, all of her 'i'm sorry's' were making his head hurt.  Not to mention last time she decided to apologize was at the absolute worst time ever.  Who apologized during a chase?  Who apologized when they were nearly dying from bloodloss?  Hell, that's what would get people killed faster!  Talking when they should be moving!

Gals....that's always what they were like...always talking....bah.

"Don' apologize." he told her with a grimace, "If I needed one, I'd ask."  it was true.  He was very forward if he thought someone was being rude, but that was normally for things like, 'Thanks for saving my life'  not 'omg I'm sorry you did all of this for me!'  that was just awful.  Thanks, especially with gold, were all the politeness he needed.

The bottle meant absolutely nothing to him either.  He never was good with medicines or healing or shit like that so the bottle just looked like some magic stuff that would knock her out or heal her wounds or something.  Nothing spectacular, so he didn't really pay much attention when it shattered on the floor, but as if on cue the doctor and the man returned.  Megan was asleep.

"Ah!" Andwyad said with feigned cheerfulness, "Yer back!  Fantastic!" He clapped his hands to emphaize the 'glee' he wanted to portray.  "Now we can get on t'the negotiatin'.  'Cus ya know tha' ya can' do nothin' without it" He winked, "After all, ya did a blood oath and ya wouldn' wanna combust or sumthin'"

As he watched the two, he noted that they seemed to be standing a little closer than normal people, but it didn't register at the moment.  All he was focusing on was the butt ugly man and his own methods of negotiations.

"What's yer name anywho?"

The bastards eyes narrowed at Andwyad's words, "Hyuthes" he grunted.

"Fabulous!  I'm Andwyad!" His cheerful expression was still plastered on his face as he grin like a fool.  His mind was working though, calculating, while his facade through Hyuthes off.  "I'd like to open negotiations, and since that was my part of the blood oath, I get to choose the means."

he paused for dramatic effect.

"A fight, to the death."  His grin never wavered, "Th' winner gets th' gal.  The loser...well...he'll enjoy a nice earthy bed fora loooong time."

Anonymous

Megan was dreaming.

At first, her unconcious state of mind created something totally and utterly stupid. A petty little dream in which her and her Grandfather we having some kind of arguement, over some burnt bread. He was yelling at her, telling her that he was upset that he had even taken her in and that now that the bread was burnt he couldn't fulfil his lifes dream of completing the store to it's highest quality. She started to cry, and then after some more complicated yelling, she ran out of the store through the back door and under the willow tree. Then the dream changed. There was a man, siting by the fire. He was dressed in a crimson satin robe and he lay with a tobacco pipe between his pale lips. It was as if she was looking in from the window. A man came in through a large oak doorand began to speak. Even if she couldn't hear him, she knew what the man was talking about. He was talking about her. Something about how a man( Hyuthes)hadn't returned with her and that they needed more time. That the man(Hyuthes) needed to be warned to quicken his pace. The crimson robed man pulled out a pistol and shot the man standing in the doorway with a loud bang!

Megan awoke with a start, her breathing shallow, while sweat beads formed on her pale forehead. As she did the wooden chair in which she had offered for Andwyad to sit had fallen into a million pieces. The affects of the sleeping potion still heavily laid upon her shoulders, so she did not really notice at first. She wanted to go back to sleep but her wound was throbbing and she knew she couldn't, even with the effects of the potion. She sat up, and looked at the scene before her. She wasn't aware of what was going on and wasn't aware of what was going to happen. A fight to the death? If she heard that she would be panic striken. Everyone was staring at her, looking at her oddly, she looked away. How did the chair break? Was it somethigns she did? Was it her fault? She wasn't sure, but this kind of situation had been happening to her a lot lately, and she was starting to get worried.

With the sleeping potion still heavily upon her she sat up more striaght, even if it made her wound throb even more. "Andwyad....she said in a sleepy voice, I want to leave now....." she pulled the coveres off her slim legs and swung them over to the side of the bed. She stood up, but one of the crappy stiches ripped, and for a second the world spinned. Maybe she should just lay in bed... No, no, no , That was not a possibilty, She wanted to leave now, she didn't want to be around this man any longer. Whatever the hell his name was...

She swayed for a moment and then quickly regained her balance. She walked over to Andwyad and stared up at him. "Thank you, for being there and saving me...." her voice was quite, a whisper on the wind. She turned her back on him, her eyes reeling upon the man that had started all this. Put her life in hell for a couple of hours. She gave him a very icy glance, a death glare. She turned away from him and then turned to the doctor. "And thank you as well...." she pulled out a small pink pearl purse from her stained red skirt and opened it. A few coins could be heard rattaling inside it. She took them out and handed them to the doctor, knowing that it was more than enough, a tip if you will. She turned back to Andwyad."I want to go home, do you think-" Powerful hands seized her by the waist, very painful as that was where the wound was, and pushed her aside, so hard that she fell. "You can't leave ya little wench, I won't allow it, your mine!" said the butt ugly man who had done all of this. She looked up from where she sat on the floor, feeling her wound scorch on fire from being handled so roughly.

OOC: If any of that post was confusing just ask me because I'm a very confusing person. LOL

Goldie

Almost the exact instant that he touched the girl, Hyuthes winced as the oath he had sworn with Andwyad began to burn in his veins.  The negotiations had been set, he had no choice but to follow and it made him grit his teeth.  Damn man!  He hated when people got in the way!

"I'll take yer damn challenge!" he growled, stepping away from Megan towards his opponent.

Andwyad couldn't help but notice the doctor's look of shock, and read it initially as simply shock, but she took a protective step towards Hyuthes before realizing what she was doing and quickly stepping back.  That was not normal, and it was noted.  The doc seemed to be a bit friendly with their mercenary friend it seemed.

"Fight how you want, " she snapped, "But don't do it in my house.  Both of you, take your quarrel to the streets."  she turned to Megan, "And you, you've ripped your stitches!  You'll have to stay here so I can mend them."  At that, his head shot up.

"Nah...doc, I really 'ppreciate what ya did fer her...but I'd like t'keep her with me."  he replied, trying to act as if he had no idea what was going on and was just as oblivious as he had first been.  It wouldn't do to let the doctor know he had caught on to her little game...and it wouldn't do to leave Megan alone with her.  She hadn't sworn a blood oath, and she was not bound to it's rules.  With her, Megan could be swept away in an instant, while he and Hyuthes battled it out.

"You don't knwo what you're talking about!" she snapped back, making her way over to where Megan had fallen, "She stays here."

Damnit, and here he hoped to avoid another fight.  Tough love.

"I think I do know what I'm talkin' 'bout." he replied, the smile seemed almost psychotic as he looked at her, "She ain't stayin' with ya alone.  Not t'mention she wants t'leave.  If ya retain 'er, I'll call the guard."

The doctor scowled down her nose, but she knew she had lost and curtly nodded her head, stepping backwards.  Immediately Andwyad stepped forward and scooped Megan up in his arms, mindfull of her wound.

"We can' leave," he muttered to her, "Not yet.  Th'doc is with th'guy....I swore a blood oath, but I won' lose."  It was true.  Not only did he not want to lose his life anytime soon, but he wanted to set Megan free and be on his way.  Enough was enough and he had reached enough once that grandpaw had been murdered.  "Jus' go back t'sleep an' it'll be over when ya wake."

He hoped.

Without another hesitation he walked out of the doctors house into a side alley and gently placed Megan on the ground, the building supporting her back.  After she was situated he stood up and dusted off his hands, turning back towards Hyuthes and the doctor who had followed him out.  Now she stood close to him, no longer pretending they were strangers.

"Alright." Andwyad muttered, reaching into his belt where he had placed Hyuthes' other blade.  "Fight t'th'death.  Ya can run away if ya like, but ya might explode as ya leave." he joked, knowing that the blood oath would consume either one of them if they decided to run.  They had to see this thing through to the end, and in the end, one of them would die anyways.....

"Ha!  Like I'd run away from th'likes o'ye!" the man retorted, spitting in scorn, "Ye should stay back." he told the doctor, she shook her head making Andwyad laugh.

"Ya best listen t'im!" he told her, the same goofy smile still on his face, "I don' 'ave much appreciation for yer taste, so I won' 'ave a problem killin' ya if needed."  taste as in her taste in men.  Gods but that guy was ugly!

Anonymous

She still lay on the floor as the ugly man winced in pain and she tilted her head in confusement. She also saw the doctor move a little too close with the man but thought nothing of it, at least not until Andwyad had said something. Then it was pretty obvious! There was a challenge? Again she tilted her head in confuesment wondering what she had missed when she was out of sorts. The challenge was a fight? God, now look what she's done. Andwyad had been caught in all this and now he was risking his life for about the third time. It was all her fault. The doctor snapped at her for tearing her stiches and it made her a little angry because that was the least of her worries. "Well it's not my fault ya did such a crappy job!" she snapped back, angry and a little nervous to see that the doctor seemed to want to get Megan all alone. She didn't think anything of the doctor and her with the stiches but obviously Andwyad did and he told her so. And so Andwyad was standing up for Megan, trying to keep her out of the grasps of the doctor who was in love with their enemy. Enemy!!! She wanted to know right now, what did this guy want with her?But before she could say anything Andwyad spoke up, telling her that they couldn't leave and that the doctor and the man were lovers, and that he swore a blood oath. She wasn't completly sure what a blood oath meant but she knew that it would hurt either man if they chose to walk away. Thats the only thing she knew.

Andwyad scooped her up gently and she somewhat blushed. She could walk, even if she was a little sleepy from the sleeping potion. That dream.... She didn't want to go back to sleep because of that dream. It had felt so real, as almost as if she was there. Maybe it was real! Maybe she actually saw something in the future or something that was happening at the same time while she was in bed. She knew it had to be real, and she had to tell Andwyad. But before she could he scooped her down, so that her back was against the wall, and then stood somewhat in front of the ugly man, the doctor at his side. She sat there looking at Andwyad and the man draw knives, she felt bad for getting him all into this, soon he wouldn't be there for her anymore and she would be left with one leg to stand on. She'd be all alone,and if that dream was real, well, then, she would have to go into hiding, maybe even change her name.

The doctor moved away from her lover and next to the wall where Megan was sitting in one fast movement. Almost like a hawk that swooped down to catch it's prey. She leaned her back against the wall and crossed her little pale arms. For the first time Megan caught a really good look at her. She had a dress that was a very ugly grey, with white cloth for the neckline, and it only went to about her knees. Her hair, which was a dark rich brown was pulled up into a messy bun, where many ringlet curls could be seen. She was very pale, very very pale at that, but she had the same tinted red lips and cheeks as Megan. She had deep blue eyes that were crystal clear, but still looked hostile. The doctor looked down and noticed Megan staring, then looked up back at her love "You know, your worth a lot to the High Lord, he do anything to have you, even kill us all" Megan stared at her in complete shock. " Why does he want me?" Megan asked, feeling a shiver run down her spine. Now the doctor looked at her shocked. " You mean you don't know?" she asked staring at Megan wide eyed. Megan shook her head, no, she didn't. "Hunny, you've got power beyond belief, you just haven't discovered it yet, but the High Lord, who sees all, has, and he wants it."

Megan looked up at the doctor for the longest time. It couldn't be true, I mean, she wasn't special enough to have....power. Power? Look at her right now, sitting on the side of a building, with a stab wound in her side, almost lost in dream world from a potion she couldn't even fight. No, the doctor spoke lies, she had to be. Megan sighed and looked back at Andwyad. He seemed very perpared and ready to do just about anything to get free of the oath and get Megan free.

And that was it, wasn't it?

After that he would be gone, and she would probably never see him again. He probably wouldn't give a second thought about her and she would have to deal with it wouldn't she? After he would be gone she would probably just start up the shop again, and live alone for the rest of her life. That's how it would be, even if she didn't want it like that. She suddenly found herself growing and likeing for Andwyad, even if he was totally oblivious to it.  Hyuthes, so she was told, pulled out his knife and spat again on the ground. "I'm going to win, and take the girl with me, and your going to end up laying here in your own pool of blood!" spat the man, venom lacing his words, dripping from his mouth. He took the knife in both hands and turned sideways, then he lunged for Andwyad.

OOC: What are we going to do after we defeat this dude. Maybe he would knock you unconcious, and that would be a way around the blood oath, I think, and the doctor and him take Megan to the High lord and uh.. I'm not really sure.. LOL

Goldie

ooc: well...I was thinking that Andy'd kill Hyuthes, and the doctor would get pissed if you want Megan to get taken away!  that would work!  But the blood oath....if one of them doesn't die, they both will ._.

ic:

Andwyad could only laugh as the bastard made his threat.  HA!  Like he'd lose to the likes of him!

"Fat chance, ugly!"  He spat back, the stupid grin growing.  Hell, it unnerved his enemies to fight a smiling psycho!  Not to mention it threw their guard down because they thought they were fighting a pansy.  Little did they know that Andy was a skilled mercenary and assassin and could pretty much do anything.

He was the shit, man!

Not that he was proud or anything....nope....he was really humble.

At least that's why he told himself....

With that the fight broke loose.  Hyuthes couldn't restrain his anger any longer and charged.  His first mistake.  Despite his disposition, Andwyad was a fairly mellow person.  He took no pleasure from a fight, mostly, and had trained long and hard to keep a level head in the heat of battle.  The number one flaw in most fighters was that they lost themselves in an enemy provoked rage and did something stupid.

Like this bastard.  Who the hell charges an opponent in a fit of rage?

"Yer really stupid." Andwyad commented as he swooped left, avoiding the dagger the Hyuthes flashed easily.  Of course, his comment only helped to turn the guys face purple.  Of course, that made him commit another battle no no.  He did a battle cry.  HA!  Like that was helping!  If anything it tore his concentration making it easy for Andwyad to spot an opening.

Hmmm....to play or not to play?

Well...any damage that he did would only improve Hyuthes' appearance.

He danced around the blade again and took his own dagger, poking Hyuthes in his unprotective side enough to break the skin, but not nearly enough to immobilize him.  Hell, he could have killed him if he wanted, but this was too much fun!

So yeah...the thought that he didn't like fighting just for fightings sake?  Pretty much a lie.  Once he was in it, fighting was fun...especially against a bonehead like this guy.

"Ya missed!" Andy sang as Hyuthes swung again, leaving another opening which he took, leaving a thin gash across his face.  it was fun, toying with him like this!  It made him seem almost invincible!  Like he could do anything and get away with it!

And that was when he made his own mistake.  And it was a mistake much worse than Hyuthes'.

He became over confident, and let his guard down.

Without warning, Hyuthes feinted left and swiftly turned right bringing his dagger upwards towards Andwyad's throat.  He saw it too late to evade it completely and raised his arm to protect the area around his neck.  The dagger tore deeply into his arm, but Hyuthes' didn't stop there.  Using the brute strength that only a fat man could muster through his own weight, he pulled the dagger down Andwyad's arm and into his side.  He could feel the cold steal scrape against his ribcage before he finaly menuevered himself out of the way.  The blade had come to rest right where his ribcage ended.  Any lower and it would have sunk into his intestines.

This wasn't good!

The pain in his side made him cry out when he moved away from certain death at the end of that guys dagger.  He felt like his entire torso was on fire and he could feel his blood gushing out of the deep wound.  Damnit...this thing would need stitching, and even after finding a good doctor who wasn't corrupted, getting full use of his right arm would be more than unlikely.  He could feel that the blade had severed tendons and muscles, leaving his arm hanging uselessly at his side.

Shit.

At this rate he wasn't going to do anything.

Damnit!  How could he have let down his guard!  Damnitshitfuckmuffins!!!!  Now, if he didn't do something fast, he was going to die from bloodloss...and he wouldn't have time to do anything!

Calm down Andy....calm down....he just needed to clear his head.  He wasn't dead yet...he still had fight left in him.

"Ya call this a wound?" he asked, wincing as his words shook his sides, sending firewaves of pain shooting through him, "It wouldn'....killa chiken.."

"Yer dead" Hyuthes' said simply, "Ye won' live another ten minutes wit tha' bloodloss."  He sheathed his dagger and Andwyad couldn't help but grin.

"Ya can' leave..." he breathed, switching the dagger to his left hand, "I said...a fight...t'th'death....I ain't dead....bastard."  With that the man unsheathed his dagger again and walked forward, holding it out level with Andwyad's neck.

"Then I'll finish ye quick." he snarled.  Andwyad didn't move.  He needed to bide his time.  If he left now he wouldn't reach Hyuthes before he collapsed.  Already his head was spinning....he needed Hyuthes to be right on him....he hadn't used up all of his tricks...not yet.

Wait....just wait...he's coming closer....

NOW!

With out preamble, Andwyad moved.  He stepped quickly to the side, pivoted and threw his dagger with deadly accuracy.  The blade burried itself in Hyuthes' throat.  His eyes stared at Andwyad with disbelief before blood filled his lungs and he collapsed, eyes staring into space, never to see the living world again.

That finished, Andwyad sunk to his knees, his head was bowed against his chest as he struggled to breathe.  Damn...the dagger must have clipped his lungs too...not anything bad...just enough that he could taste copper on his tongue.

but he wasn't finished....

"It's done." he told the doctor through gritted teeth, "We fought...t'th'....death....th' gal's mine....ya can'....can' break a blood oath..."  it was true too...she couldn't....but...he couldn't protect her anymore...he was too injured....

Gods but it hurt!  It hurt to breathe, it hurt to move, it hurt to stay still...and everything was spinning.  There was blood everywhere, soaking his breeches, covering his entire torso.  And on the ground....

damnit...was that all his?

Anonymous

Fast as she could Megan sprung to her wobbly feet and ran to Andwyad's side. The doctor also ran in a hysterical fit of tears to her lover that now lay dead on the ground, in his own pool of crimson red blood. However, as Megan noticed, Andwyad was also loosing blood fast, and she knew that she had to do something, in the way that he had done for her. "Andwyad, just wait okay, I'm going to try to get you to a different doctor". Her survival mode overiding her weak mode finally kicked in and she figured she had at least enough strength to help him, even if her own stab wound was still only a couple hours old. (Little powerplaying, can be modified)But in her heart, she knew she could to it. From no where, this immense sort of strength seemed to fall on her shoulders, and with little difficulty she scooped Andwyad up. His arm was around her shoulder and she was supporting him on the side, putting pressure on the wound so it would stop bleeding. Even though she didn't like the look or smell of blood, she let her hand get lathered with the irony liquid, feeling it between her fingers as she gingerly carried Andwyad. She knew he was probably battaling to stay awake as she had. It was late afternoon and the port was busy. She went up to a complete stranger, a woman to be in fact, and asked for more directions to a different doctor. The woman stared at the both of them wide eyed, for truth be told they were both covered in each other's blood, only Andwyad's was fresh. The woman quickly muttered some directions and then scurried off, probably terrified of them both.

Little did Megan know was that the other doctor was pissed. In a fit of rage she went back into her house and took out a small bag full of exploding capsolsm, laced with posion, in which she had kept hidden for so many years, in case of burgraly(sp?") or theft. She took it out and loaded it with all the bullets she could. She took a deep breath. She didn't care about getting Megan to the High Lord anymore. All she wanted to do was kill them both, kill them for killing her lover, who still lay out in the street. Tears streaked her face in which it was stained with handprints of blood. She had put her hands on her lover's neck in order to try to stop the bleeding but it was no use. Then she had put her hands to her eyes, crying hysterically. Now her face was dirty and more ugly than before. She put the bag in the pocket of her dress and headed out the door.

Megan, getting tiered now from supporting Andwyad's weight, was panting as she made her way along the wide street to a home that looked more welcoming then the lasts doctor's house. It was made out of red brick and had a pure white door on it. This time Megan had to knock, staining the door with her saturated blood hand. A plump, cheery woman opened the door with a smile, but as soon as she saw Megan and Andwyad it quickly faded into a panic stricken frown. She did naught but say one word as she ushered them in quickly, closing the door with a slam. "How did this happen?" she asked taking Andwyad from Megan's shoulder and making him lay back on a white linnen bed. Megan couldn't tell if he was awake or not and she leaned a little more forward to check. The doctor turned to her "You must be exhausted, what happened?" she repeated starting to clean up Andwyad's wound gingerly. After getting off as much blood as she could she pulled it open a little and looked inside. "There's not that much damage but he'll have to rest for a while, maybe a week... she turned to Megan again, her eyes now sharp,"I'll ask one more time, how did this happen?" Megan repressed to sneer angry that this woman wanted to know their business, she racked her brains for a good lie."He got into a fight, he's my boyfrined and another man was trying to take me away from him, and so they got into a fight and suddenly daggers came out and it was all bloody.."Megan was trying to sound convincing and over dramatic and it worked. The plump doctor believed her. Some grey hair fell in front of her face.

"Men these days, phh, they can get so jealouse, my husband died a long time ago...." Megan could only smile as the doctor started to stich up the wound in Andwyad's side. "And what about you, you are bleeding as well..." Megan looked down at her wound and noticed by all the rouch handeling and carrying Andwyad she had ripped her stiches and made the wound bigger, it was bleeding a little. This time she couldn't think of a good lie, and instead said.."Oh, it's nothing, it's probably his blood, no biggie" God did it sting, but she wasn't about to show it. She would probably have to stich it up her self, or even maybe just let it go and hope it didn't get infected.

The plump doctor finally finished with Andwyad's wound and left the room for a second, probably getting Andwyad something for the pain or maybe more cloth to dry up the blood. Megan couldn't help but just stare at Andwyad, take in all his features. If he was unconcious, as she hoped because you wouln't notice the pain, then she would be here for him when he woke up. She didn't want to leave his side, and she wanted to tell him about the dream anyway. She closed her eyes, relaxing for the first time in a couple of days. She was exhausted from all that had happened and the sleeping potion still had quite an effect, even if that dream was enough to wake her right out of it. She could smell, and feel, his and her blood upon her and it somewhat made her sick, but she tried to think of something else. She breathed in deeply, and breathed out deeply, feeling her own heart in her chest finally settle to a steady beat.

Soon she was fast asleep.

Goldie

ooc: XDD  we're just a lovely bunch of coconuts, yes?  hahahaha, falling like flies!

ic:

When Megan raced to his side, Andwyad couldn't help but grin stupidly up at her.  His arm hung limply at his side with blood dripping down his numb fingertips, adding to the fast collecting pool at his feet.  In the back of his mind he knew that it was serious, but it was hidden underneath the humor that only someone half drunk with blood loss could muster.

"Hehe...Lookit!" he exclaimed, or as much as he could through his heaving lungs, "It'sall red an'shiny..." his speach was obviously slurred and his eyes rolled in their sockets.  He wouldn't have noticed she had looped his arm around her shoulders if it hadn't stretched his wound in the process.

Immediately the hillarity of the situation fell away as his side felt like it was splitting open.  He hissed in pain, unable to stiffle a small yelp as they started moving.  Damnit but it hurt.  It wasn't like the blade had hit anything of major importance, but Gods did it burn!  He wanted to lash out and strike Megan for moving him!!  He would have, too!  If the arm that was free wasn't the one he couldn't move.  Every moment was agony, and although it was only a few minutes before they reached wherever they were going, it felt like an eternity.

And the blood continued to pour, refusing to be staunched by Megan's efforts.  His blood soaked his own bare chest and breeches as well as defiling all of Megan's clothes.  But he didn't notice.  All of his attention was on every step, every goddess damned step that set a new blaze in his side.  He wished that he could just pass out from the bloodloss and pain, but knowing that Megan wouldn't be able to support his 6foot frame without some help, he forced his eyes to stay open.

Gods, were they ever going to get there!?  Wherever there was?

And who the hell is that lady?  Damnit woman!  Why did she have to stop for a curteousy call now!?  Couldn't she tell that he was slowly fucking dying and here she was paying a house visit!?!?!

Oh!

Scratch that thought.

That plump woman was actually a doctor, on, well then, whatever!  At least he would be able to sleep now...just lay down and close his eyes for a bit...Gods but he was exhausted!  All of that fighting was enough to do even the strongest in!

Yes....sleep sounded good....

He didn't know when, but he realized that he had already been laid down on one of the beds the doctor used for her patients and she was meticulously cleaning his wound.  She checked inside and out, mumbling quietly to herself and tsking softly.  Obviously she wasn't too thrilled with whatever was going on.  Not that he was surprised!  The mans blade had severed his body starting at his elbow and dragging a clean line all the way down his ribcage.  That couldn't be good!

Ah, damn!  She was starting to stitch up his arm!  Even out of his mind, he was sane enough to bite his lip to keep from crying out.  His wound already ached like crazy, but now the added tension of pulling and pushing with the needle was enough to bring tears to the corners of his eyes.  Gyah!  It felt like it went on forever!

Push, pull, DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG as the thread pulled though his skin.  It was the oddest sensation, and painful!

Finally, after decades, she was finished.  Megan had fallen asleep in the chair across the room and the doctor left to wash her hands and clean her supplies.  When she returned, she  gently wrapped Andwyad's entire arm and torso in linen bandages to keep infection at bay while he healed.  The wound had been worse than she had originally anticipated, noting that the knife had clipped his lungs by listening to his breathing and smelling his breath.  It didn't seem like any life threatening, he wouldn't die if his wound stayed clean....but....

"'ow bad?" he murmured as she situated the pillows around his head to try and make him more comfortable.

"You're not in good shape." she replied, her eyes glowing warmly like a mother coddling her baby boy, "I have to go find a healer.  Although, even now, you might not regain use of that arm."

Fantastic....just what he needed.

"Thank your lady that you didn't die."  He would have questioned at the way she said 'lady', but right now his mind was reeling and all he could think of to do was nod stiffly and lean back on the pillows, slipping into a dead faint.

Anonymous

OOC: Yeah we do fall ike flys don't we, but I love it! I've got a lovely bunch of cocunuts diddly diddly, there they are a standing in a row, didddidly diddidly, big ones small ones, slightly bigger than you head.... uh I would never have to do this for mufasa. LOL

When the doctor had come back into the room Megan opened her eyes slowly, the movement of the doctor making her awake. Though no one else noticed that she was awake and so she didn't make a peep as she listened to what was going on.  Andwyad asked how bad was it and the doctor repied with a horrible answer. Megan couldn't help but feel her eyes spring open in shock. What had she done? She had gotten him in to all of this and now he wouldn't be able to use his arm? That's horrible! What had she done! She kept asking herself that, feeling so bad about all that had happened. She could feel a tear streak down her blood stained face. Oh how horrible she felt....A glass vile on a table in which the doctor kept handy, suddenly shattered into pieces, it's contenents spilling. The doctor jumped at the sound, and when she realized what had happened she quickly ran to clean up. "What in the world? How did this happen?" she asked putting the pieces of glass in her hand gingerly so as not to cut herself. Megan, on accident, let out a small whimper and the doctor turned in her direction. "Did you do this?" The doctor asked, a little stren. Just to be safe Megan shook her head no , but deep inside she knew now what the other doctor was talking about. She had great power inside her. She just didn't know it.

She stood up, taking out her little pink purse from her stained rose pink skirt and opened it, finding more than plenty of coins to last. She went up to the doctor and paid her a good lump sum. The doctor smiled and curtseyed. "Thank you ver much for your assitance, and here is for the healer..." The doctor smiled again and said "It's not'a problem dear, I just do what I do best!" Megan couldn't help but smile at the woman's cheerfulness. The doctor went back into the other room and Megan went over and brought the chair up  next to Andwyad's bed.  She noticed that he was asleep and so she said nothing as she leaned her head back into the chair, resting her head on the soft red velvet that it was made of. At least she couldn't stain this chair!

Outside, the doctor with the capsols was stil scouring the streets. She went up to the lady who Megan had asked for directions. "Did a woman come by and ask for directions?" She asked boastfully, loudly, almost as if yelling. The woman stared fearful at the woman and then quickly nodded and muttered some directions for the doctor. With that the woman ran, fear of her life. The doctor, still filled with rage, quickly made her way to her enemy's house. Doctor Seef. Her and Docter Seef had always been rivals, always trying to proove to the folk that their place was better. Dr. Seef always got more visitors.....This only filled the rage of the Doctor as she turned the handel on the snow white door, taking note to the blood hand print upon it. She opened it loudly, not even careing if somebody heard her. It was a small hallway and she knew exactly where to go. She went straight and then made a left. There she stood in the doorway , Megan looking fearfully up at her from her seat in the chair.

Megan stood up, and for no reason why she somewhat jumped in front Andwyad's bed, trying to protect him maybe... The plump woman, Doctor Seef, came out of the room in which she was in. "What's going o-"?

BANG! The doctor threw a capsol at Doctor Seef right in the forehead, Doctor Seef was dead before she even knew it coming. Megan stood, silently watching the doctor in fear. The doctor turned toward her and Andwayd, but mostly to her because she was standing up, staring straight at her. The doctor opened her mouth to say something when suddenly there came a knock upon the white door. The doctor, still in rage, said "Come with me to answer it, NOW!" Megan, afriad of what would happen if she didn't, did as she was told and was led by the doctor towards the front door. She peered out a window. It was the healer. She opened the door and before the doctor could do anything she said "Hello, we will not be needing your services anymore, but for making the call here you are!" IT was the worst cheery expression she had even done but the healer seemed still all too none please that he had made a house call for nothing. Megan, very cautiously pulled out her pink purse and handed some coins to the healer. "Bye now!" she said as she closed the door on his face. She knew Andwayd needed a healer, but right now she didn't want to see anybody else get hurt. The doctor led her back into the room, and Megan quickly took to Andwyad's side again, trying to protect them. This time the doctor broke down into a fit of tears, but still angry. "You killed him, god damnit, you killed him! she looked up from her fit of tears, and now I'm going to kill you!" She raised a capsol up, ready to throw, but Megan, fearful for Andwyad's life, quickly reacted and she ran towards the doctor, forcing her weight upon her so that she would miss.

And she did. The first capsol flew and  went straight through a wall, nearly missig Andwyad's bed post. Megan struggled with the doctor trying to take the gun away from her, all the while the doctor kept saing you killed him you killed him! The doctor thre w one up again and this time it went through the ceiling, making a tiny hole in which she could see the sky above. Megan pushed again, and this time her and the doctor fell on the floor, flapping like fish on land. Megan tried desperatly with all her might to get the bag away from the doctor. The doctor, with firm hands, took the bag out of Megan's grasp and stood up, kicking Megan in the nose in the process making it bleed. But that didn't stop Megan. She stood up quickly as the doctor raised another capsol at Andwyad. After all that he had been through with her she would not let that happen! The doctor threw and Megan got in the way of the capsol, feeling it go through her shoulder. The pain was doubled, but she didn't pay attention to it right now, right now her two concerns were to get the bag away from the doctor and to protect Andwyad. That was it. Megan lundged toward her again and this time the doctor stumbeled back and hit her head agasint a medicine cabinet, knocking her unconcious. Megan quickly took the bag away, stashing it into her own pocket of her skirt. She quickly returned to Andwyad's side wanting to ask if he was okay though she was not sure if he was still unconcious or not. She cradeled her shoulder, for it ached so bad, but she breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that she was the one with the capsols,. not the crazed doctor who was only starting to wake up..

(Sorry it's so long... though plenty good!)

Goldie

ooc:  O_o  you killed the doctor!!  You AWFUL PERSON!  *snifflesobcry!!!*  Oh, and also....I think that Connlaoth is the only place with guns O_o  and they're more like bayonette type guns too.....umm.......do you just want to say the doctor had some potion things she made?  Like....exploding capsules..?  lol

ic:

The healer watched in surprise as Megan answered the door and shoved some coin in his hands before turning him away and slamming the door in his face.  Not to mention, directly after hearing a loud bang followed by the slump of a body hitting the floor.

He frowned.

That girl had certainly not looked fine!  She was covered in blood which had lingered on the coins she had handed him.  This didn't sound good...it didn't look good, and it stentched of death.  Something was going on in that house and the healer was not about to sit by and watch.

But he wasn't about to barge in without help either.

He went to the guard.

Thankfully they were positioned throughout the town and it was quick and painless finding one nearby.  After telling him and his companions about the situation, they headed back towards the doctor's house in time to hear two more explosions.  Some sort of fight was going on behind that door, and they were about to find out what.

One of the guards banged on the door with his fist and waited, hoping that the door would just be opened, but he struck when Megan tackled the doctor and went unnoticed.  With a frown he looked at he companions and motioned with one hand.  Immediately they drew their swords.  With a deep breath, two of them stepped forward and slammed into the door with their shoulders.

Once,

Twice

BAM!

The door fell off of its hinges and the guard swarmed inside.  Immediately one went to the doctor who had been hit with some sort of explosive.  The guard hissed and backed away, turning his head from the carnage.  Her head had a gaping hole on the forhead, her eyes starring blankly up at the ceiling.  There was no doubt that she was dead.

But who had done it!?

"STOP!" One guard shouted, raising his sword as Megan who, he thought, was hovering over the injured man with a lustful gleam in her eyes.  "Step away from the bed and come around to the front."

"There's another over here!" Another man shouted, helping the other doctor to her feet.  Although he was comforting, he kept a firm grip on her arm.  At the moment, there were two suspects and she was most certainly one of them.

"I didn't do it!" the doctor sobbed, trying to shake her way loose from the guards hold but without avail.  "That...that monster!!!" she pointed and accusing finger at Megan, no longer carring with the high lord wanted her alive or not.  She wanted revenge, on them both "She killed the doctor!  She threw something at her!  And she die!" Her face was stained with tears, "I tried to save her, but...but...." she trailed off, sobbing loudly.

Anonymous

OOC: *smacks head* Whoops! I  forgot that it was still midevil, sorry about that. Yeah the capsuals work, but damnit! Megan has them on her!LOL

IC:

As the doctor was getting up Megan heard a loud BAM and she jumped, thinking that maybe the doctor had one more capsole(sp?) on her. But no, after the bam there were gaurds swarming the place everywhere! Then one gaurd raised their sword at her! Not the crazy doctor! They told her to step away from Andwyad's bed immedietly.  She did as she was told, but still stayed in visual distance, wanting more than anything to stay at Andwyad'd side. She tried to wipe away the blood flow of her nose but it wouldn't stop, the stupid doctor had probably broken it! Ohh was she pissed.  Megan heard the words of the doctor, she heard them, but she couldn't believe them. She was about to cross her arms but then the pain in her shoulder ached so bad that she almost cried out. She let them go limp at her side. "Now wait a second here! You should hear my half of the story, because, one it's the truth!" Her voice was clear but it somewhat wavored a bit becaue her shoulder was acheing so bad that she wanted to cry. She took a deep breath. "My motive to be hear is because of him! she said pointing to Andwyad who she could not tell if he was asleep or not. Next she pointed to the doctor. "Her boyfriend got in a fight with him and they fought! She's the one who wants revenge! And my shoulder, and nose, do you think I would have done them myself! Certainly not. The only reason why I have the capsols is because I took them away from her before she woke up!!" Megan had proven her point and that was all that she could do... for now.

A gaurd raised his sword at her as she walked over to the red satin chair and sat down. Her shoulder hurt so badly and it was pulsating. Her nose ached and it wouldn't stop gushing. How dirty she felt! All in blood and stained clothes , messy hair and dirty feet.  When this woman was locked up for good Megan was going to leave this town.. LEAVE IT! Go somewhere new and start fresh, leave her troubles behind.. maybe even learn how to use this power. Andwyad. Well, he could come with her if he wanted, but she wasn't to sure if he did. At this thought she coudln't help but sigh. Then her head shot up. She had a brilliant idea! The gaurds were discussing things and the doctor was still in the cornor with the gaurd firmly on her arm. She stood up, which I guess alarmed the gaurds because they all pointed their swords at her. She raised her arms up in comission. "Hey Doc? What's thoese capsoles made of"? "The main ingredient is posion you little wench, I hope you die!" The doctor couldn't contain her anger, and all the gaurds heard it. "Excuse me! What did you just say? I'm going to have to place you under( I don't know if arrest is the same in midevil times, something with the king?)

Five or six gaurds took her out and only two remained. He came up to Megan. "We pretty much ran over you're story and it made more sence than the doctor's, sorry to bother you. Oh and you should really get that shoulder checked out, she did say it was posion. Here..." He lifted up the tanktop a bit which made her convulse away just a little. Oh DAMNIT! HER !#$!$$# SHOULDER WAS BLUE! "Wohhh, you should really get that checked I wouldn't know what too do with it because I'm only a gaurd, I'll see ya later!" With that he left, leaving one gaurd to clean up and take the body and the healer to do what healers do. That gaurd was out in about ten minutes and the healer left in about twenty. Megan sighed, not feeling too good with all this blood on her, her nose gushin, her fricken shoulder blue. Let me just say that ached badly. She sat back in the chair next to Andwyad. She was so exhausted and she was seeing spots! She closed her eyes, feeling her breathing somewhat shallow. She fell into a very light sleep. If one might look at her, they would consider her dead!

Goldie

ooc: I'm not sure if you've read my post in the GDB, but I'm really bogged down with the start of the semester!  I'm posting as quickly as time and my muse allows!  I haven't disappeared!

Ic:

The healer stayed back as the guards did their duty.  He had expected things to last for some time, and with not a little bit of difficulty.  Surprisingly, everything was handled quickly and the matter was resolved in the matter of minutes; not the hours he had assumed.

He recognized the doctor as she was led away by the guard, and supressed a shiver as a second body was carried out, covered by a sheet they had taken from the house.  He had know Seef for years, had seen her practice open and all of her customers.  To see her destroyed by another so quickly and without mercy made his blood boil.  If he were an irrational man he would have sought revenge for her sake, but years of healing had given him a sympathetic heart and he just watched her escorted to the dungeons with pity.  What had happened to that woman to fill her with so much hate?  Surely not just the death of her loved one....this went deeper, psychologically.

One guard came out and murmured what had transpired as well as crudely assessing the injuries inflicted on both the girl and the man who was sleeping feverishly on the cot.

It didn't sound good.

The girl...poisoned?  And by the guards description it sounded foul.

With a quickened step, the healer entered the house and looked at both of them.  The man was stable.  His wound needed healing, obviously, as well as what seemed like some problems with his lungs, but he would last far longer than the girl.  Her shoulder was blue and she had fallen into a still sleep.

He cursed as he looked at her.  She was breathing so shallowly that it seemed as if air bearly pentrated her lips.  The poison was spreading, and it was doing its job.  If he let her sit any longer she would fall into a coma and, quite possibly, never wake up again.  He needed to work quickly.  There was no time to spare.

With a whistle he caught one of the guards attention and asked him to fetch certain herbs and ointments from Seefs cabinents.  While the guard was gone, the healer tore off part of the sheet that was covering the man and immediately started blotting away the blood that was beginning to clot at the wound.  At this point in time, the wound healing would not be the best idea....best let more blood escape along with the poison, to slow the rate in which it would overtake her body.  The moment it hit her heart....he didn't even want to think about it.

The guard returned with the requested items.  Without even hesitating to say thank you, the healer began mixing powders and liquids in a small flask until it turned a bright yellow.  Immediately, he began spreading it over the wound.  It smelled something foul, but it's effects were immediate.  The blue color stopped spreading.  It would take some time for the poison to be completely flushed out, but at least he had stopped it and could start the girl on oral doses to destroy it completely.  It would be a lengthy process, and certainly not without pain, but she would be healed with time.

That finished, he wrapped her shoulder with gauze and looked at her nose.  Broken, but nothing serious.  At least, not something that would take a lot of power to fix.  With two fingers he gently touched her nose and sent his power coursing into the tissue and bone in her nose.  He felt them shift back into place and the broken blood vessels began to mend.  Soon enough it was back to normal with some deep purple bruises showing up along her face, but they would heal in time.

Now, to look at the man.

Turning around, he was surprised to see that he was awake, although his eyes rolled drunkenly, not really focusing on anything at all.

"Who're youe?" he murmured, rolling his eyes towards the healer.  Everything was fuzzy, and he wouldn't remember anything by the time he truly woke up in a few hours.

"I'm Loeard, a healer.  I'm going to try and mend you, if you don't object?"

"Nah...nah.....ya'cn go'head"  With that he eyes rolled into the back of his head and his body relaxed as he sunk back into the exhausted sleep of a man seriously wounded.  Blessed sleep that erased the pains that wracked his body.

Biting his tounge, the healer set to work.  Seef had done a phenominal job mending his arm and side, but she could do nothing about his punctured lung; that was were he started.  Closing his eyes Loeard submerged himself into the intricacies of the human body.  With his magic he followed Andwyad's veins and arteries until he found himself focusing on the torn organ.  A soft glow filled his eyes which he directed towards the tissue and delicately began linking them back together.  It was a hard job, being a healer.  Having just healing powers was not good enough, you needed to know every nook and crevesse of the body in order to heal anything internally.  Years of study went into Loeard's art, and hours of labor did it take to mend anything internally.  While he was submerged in healing Andwyad he couldn't judge the passing of time and by the time he was finished, two hours at least had passed.

And he was exhausted, his magic completely and utterly spent.  But at least he was able to heal the most life threatening wound.  He could tell that the man might never use his right arm again if the tendons weren't mended, but that would need to wait, and even then, he wouldn't simply heal them all.  All healers could do was help the body along in it's healing process, guiding the tissues that strung together in a much shorter time frame than nature.  Healing that deep of a gash on demand would take many treatments, and he would have to see if the man was up for it.

For now, he was finished.