Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Anyone Up For The Challenge?

Started by Anonymous, October 06, 2006, 02:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We're all writers of one kind or another. Anyone else taking the NaNoWriMo challenge this year??

I signed up. I have no idea why. Last time I tried I crashed and burned halfway through chapter 2.

:D

Anonymous

Anonymous

National Novel Writing Month, where you are given the month of November to write a 50,000 word novel.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

Anonymous

Can anybody from anywhere enter...and do you need to pay to enter?

Anonymous

Anyone can register! As long as you are over 13, but even if not there is a young adult NaNoWriMo club. It's totally free, it's more like an annual 'lets get together from all walks of life and help motivate each other to write' thing.

It's pretty grueling, but there's no pressure, and it can be fun!

Anonymous

Oooh, I think I should have a go...it's been a while since I wrote anything amazing though. The website is a bit weird though...I find it hard to navigate!

Anonymous

hmm... 50,000 is that the limit or do I get more if I need them?

Anonymous

The web site isn't brilliant, but technically NaNoWriMo doesn' st start til november, so you have a while to get to know it.

And 50,000 isn't the limit, you can write whatever you want. It's not a contest, just a motivation and a fun thing to do.

All the rules are on the website.

Anonymous

I'm doing it! I'm AWritersFantasy on the board. This is my first time doing it. ^_^ I'm a little nervous because I have a bad history with not finishing stuff, but hopefully I'll prove myself wrong. I mean, I've been working on one fantasy novel-type-thing for the past year and have been doing pretty good with that, so...I'm hoping it continues.

Anonymous

Yep. I signed up and it's my first year doing so! I have a very strong feeling that I won't finish. I've got a horrible case of procrastination and laziness =P

Anonymous

Methinks I will sign up...

Anonymous

Yay! Others to join in my NaNo suffering!

Nah, it isn't that bad, in fact it's pretty fun!

Anonymous

Oh, that was me. I forgot to log in.... *sheepish* :oops:

Anonymous

I've tried it, but I didn't have time to do it, so I had to drop the project. *wails*

I may try this year. May. If Mom ever allows me to quit piano so I'll have more time to write. (I hate piano now because of her. >_<)

Anonymous

Argh! Piano is amazing! But yeah...no time to parctise anymore... *cough*

Anonymous

*raises hand* I'm doing it!

I tried a couple years ago but ran out of steam because I was trying to write something sorta-serious. This time I'm just going to have a bare bones plot and write whatever sort of crap comes into my head.

I'm Bakkuns on the NaNo boards. I've yet to post anything yet, but I've got a whole weekend for that!