Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Chilly...

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2007, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The village of Hyoite slept in the slow rising dawn, few stirred in the icy air. Something about the cold did that to a person, slowed them down and made them lazy. As it was, the village would probably not kick into action for another hour. Which was perfectly fine for the tall slight figure sitting in the snow.

Diablo wasn't sure was he sitting, or what he was even doing here. He never knew, he journeyed were his legs took him. Sometimes it was to someplace nice, sometimes it was someplace godforsaken like here. Though it wasn't unpleasent, the stillness. The chill didn't affect him, it was a mere observance to the manchild. He had a steady supply of heat, drawn from the earth itself. Absorbing the power and letting it incubate then release as thermal energy, he maintained a pretty bubble around himself that was nice and toasty, though the melted snow around him did look strange.

Black eyes surveyed the main road, as he wondered what would come next. Not that it mattered, they would die eventually. If he didn't finish the job, time and accidents would. Everything was crushed under the weight of time. Even so, Diablo couldn't sit idly and let the curroption go on. He had to continue to destroy, so that the world would renew and become clean.

Anonymous

Iristichay ever since she left home felt like she was being followed. She was now in her human form but even know she didn't like it, she was thinking about going back to her real self image. She couldn't do it at the thought of others seeing her and if Drygon were to see her they'd most likely attack her.

It was frezzing and she had no place to stay. She felt alone and afriad for the feeling of being followed was getting stronger. Then she seen her. Alittle girl all alone in an ally, or so she thought until she seen a man pull the girl behind a dumpster. She didn't know wheather to keep on walking and let the girl suffer or fight for the girl and risk killing someone. Then she heard a scream so peircing in her mind and soon foound herself running down the ally to the girl. The guy had ripped the shirt off the child and were grabbing at her pants. The little girls eyes were red as tears spilled out.

NO Iristichay said as she dug her long black nails into his back only to be flung against the way as the child was dropped. She still couldn't show herself she used her Drygon strength to punch the man in the face which made him fall to the floor but then he got right back up. This was the first time Iristichay had ever been so far away from home and ever in danger. She was scared to move or use her powers. She Froze as the man punched her stomach then knocked her her out when hitting her neck. She fell laying next to the little girl who didn't seem to move a muscle.

Anonymous

Noises drifted over the at first peaceful morning, the heavy pronounced sounds of punches and battle. It perked his ears, and he quickly stood. What would be happening so early in such a lazy town? He started to move towards where he heard them, slowly and gracefully picking up speed, every footfall light. He'd never asked to be so graceful, but now that he possessed the skill, it was handy. While footing was treacherous in the snow, Diablo didn't slip once.

Reaching the source of the noise, his black, black eyes took in the scene around him. Two women seemed to be on the ground, one shirtless, one unconscious. A man was the perpetrator of it all, seeing as he was the only one left standing. Some might have shown emotion here, rage, shock, indignation. Diablo simply looked as he always did, blank-faced and curious. Yet this man was assaulting women, looked to be raping one or possibly both. That wasn't acceptable. He was a sinner, and needed to die.

Again moving forward in his strange dance-like movements, Diablo lunged into grabbing range, and attempted to shoot out a long arm, and clamp a long oversized hand around his neck, or get a good handful of his shoulder. Anywhere would do. He was already pulling energy from the earth, pooling it inside him. He could filter it into a dozen deadly things, but those took time. Instead he only put a slight haze on the energy, to make it so it didn't hurt the Elemental's body, then released it through the hand into the man. Let's see how a mortal can stand up to the almost-raw life force of the earth.

Anonymous

Iristichay wasn't out long at all. She had woken up to see the little girl stirring at something in shock. She turned her head swiftly to see what she was looking at. A man had taken out the other. The man who had tried toi raped the child was laying on the floor and a new man stood there. There stood no emotion in his face whcih made her wonder. *Did he kill the man to get to us? Or did he kill the man to save us?* She wondered as she grabbed the child bringing her closer when she notice a bad cut on her back bleeding, probably from the fall she had taken from the first man. Iristichay Raised her hand over the girls back and touched it ever so softly. The cut glowed white and then was quickly gone.

Iristichay continued to stair curiously at the man. She hadn't been in danger before, and wondered if she still was. Her body acked as the little girl began to move throwing her arms around Her. The man was a foot taller then herself and seemed unpridictible. Iristichay took off her black shirt and put it on the little girl. She still had a really thin black shirt on she wore to sleep, but couldn't let the man be tempted by the little girl's nakidness. She turned into a leopard right then to have a better chance at protecting the girl even though the little girl still wouldn't let go of her. She growled at him and waited for his next move.

Anonymous

Diablo looked from girl to girl, that same blank look still on his face. What was their problem? He had taken the rapist out, killed him dead. He'd seen the threat and dealt with it, taking out the greater evil and cleansing his taint from this world. It was just another example of how corrupt the world was, that even a man who killed bad people was seen as a threat. Women tended to be purer than men, yet the shapeshifter seemed to be extremely untrusting. Not that he blamed her, seeing as she had just had someone attempt to rape her and the small child. Perhaps they were kin? They certianly were acting close, one protecting, one looking for protection.

Taking in a deep breath and blowing it out, he noticed that without his bubble of thermal heat, his breath turned white upon the chill air. He slowly moved forward and drew his thin black coat off of his frail-looking frame, revealing the old and again black material underneath. He gently tossed it to the girl, she must need it without her own overshirt. He could maintain warmth no matter his clothing.

The shirt was too large, and barely hung on his thin frame, the sleeves only reaching to his elbows. Beyond that was revealed his boney forearms. Bending to get a fistful of the cadaver's shirt, he was for once grateful that the baggy thing hid how emancipated he looked. Most people became sympathetic. A ploy and an act, something he didn't want. And it wasn't like he didn't get enough food, his entire tribe as just been like this.

Picking up the cadaver with strength that one would not geuss from looking at him, Diablo straightened and hauled him to the back of the alley, passing the girls without so much as looking at them twice. To do so would frighten them. He dumped the body there, not paying heed to it's arrangement or even respect. Turning around and fixing the now animal, he finally spoke, voice high and soft, though carrying across the distance.

"Why so fierce? I saved you. I don't want payment or sex."

Anonymous

His actions surprised her and his strength as well. She never expected for him to be kind to her or expect nothing in return. She questioned this in her mind before deciding being alone wasn't a good Idea after what happaned. She changed back into human form just as fast as she did into the leopard and moved carfully picking up his black coat and putting it on herself, although she didn't need it with her rough skin and adaption to temprature she was still slightly cold. She was scared to look away from him but noticed he didn't want to harm her putting her to someone at ease.

Looks like there is still some good in the world. She slightly smiled at him picking up the child, not really knowing what to do with her. Thanks for the coat and for saving our lives. I was feirce because all I seen was a dead guy and you standing there with no emotion. Most men with no emotion in there face, well I've heard don't think twice about killing nor raping. She began to lighten her face even more in a sence of kindness.

Who are you and do you know this child? She wasn't about to hand the kid over to him but thought maybe he'd know of a place for kids. The child and already began to fall asleep in her arms.

Anonymous

"My name is Diablo. The child I've never seen. Ask her where she comes from, not me. I’ve not been in this town long.�

The chill started to seep into his bones, and the tall creature started to again absorb energy from the earth, and recreated his invisible bubble of thermal warmth. Still standing mutely and staring at the two girls, he almost absentmindedly rubbed a hand up and down the striping on his face. The ink was still as bright a red as it had been the day it was applied, and the black still as dark. It pleased him that such things didn’t fade, it was important to remember the past. The past gave him purpose, and a reason to destroy the world. Without his past, he would just be a strange looking boy who murdered without a second thought or regret.

“And don’t believe everything you hear. The world is full of lies. Do you have a room? It’s pointless to stand in the snow.�

So Diablo thought everything was pointless (aside from his crusade to destroy the world), but he had sort of gotten the hang of  acting like a normal person. Sure there was so chance of it completely succeeding, but at least he knew that standing in the snow as not considered a normal activity by humans. Besides, it would spare him having to waste energy to warm himself. Not to mention there it was a rented room in an inn, and the lower floor always had people there. If the girl proved difficult, then someone there might know her.

Anonymous

Iristichay wasn't surprised he didn't know the girl or what to do with here, as she knew nothing of him. She was trying to memorize him as she spoke to her, One of the things that stood out was his face. Is that blood? she thought She took one step closer then stopped. No that can't be blood, maybe a marking she wondered then began to think of what it could mean.

Actually I don't have a room. I don't even know where I am. She looked away, then turned from him. She spoke up. I'm a wondorer just traveling and I have no money or home. She didn't need a place to stay and she was use to sleeping outside, but how she wondered what it would be like to sleep in doors for once...

She turned to look upon his face once more and so she lowered her voice as she spoke with gratefulness and sadness mixed. Again, thank you for saving the girl's and mine lives. I owe you, and well hopefully come accross your path again, but I must find a place for the child to stay.  She knew nothing of this place but maybe there was a shelter the child could go to.  She wondered what the child sleeping must be thinking at this very moment. Then she thought of the coat she was wearing and so before he answered back she looked to the ground and spoke. Don't forget your coat sir. She started taking the coat off with one arm as she held the girl in the other.

Anonymous

Diablo had started to open his mouth and say something about getting her clothes cleaned, when he realized what it would sound like. Terrible. Yet it was starting to bug him a little, she had been laying in the street. Streets were dirty, and so now her clothes were dirty. Even it was just a little, that wasn't acceptable. It was a problem people had in the world today, they were comftorable living in filth. They left trash in the streets, left their rooms messy and covered in dirt when an hour with a rag and bucket of soapy water made tons of difference.

At her words, something that could be called an expression crossed his face. Why did they have to part paths now? Was that how things worked for her? People saved her life, she kindly thanked them, and went on her way to never see them again? The curiousity that always lingered about him deepened, and he almost looked confused. While Diablo knew that one day he would have to kill this woman someday, but that didn't mean they couldn't be friends. To that effect, he stepped away from the coat to try to make her keep it, and then started towards the mouth of the ally.

"Follow me. And keep the coat. It's just a piece of cloth. I can get more pieces of cloth."

Anonymous

His words shocked her and made her very curious of him, although she rather not have showed it so continued looking at the ground. Why does he want me to follow him? and why waste clothing on a poor woman? She thought to herself, then desided on putting the coat back on slowly. He didn't sem to wait for her to respond before he began to walk toward the mouth of the ally and so she had very little time to think.

He saved my life, and he saved the child. he didn't show no aggrivness to me and he's letting me keep his coat He doesn't seem out to get me, or doesen't seem to want to hurt her, it couldn't be wrong to follow the man. She thought although she had already started following him before she finished. She kept silent not to disturb him after all he seemed to be helping her. She walked one step behind him and one step to the left of him keeping close, not to loose him, which didn't seem real as he walked slower then others. She kept his pace and wondered how far he would be taking her and the child.

Anonymous

Diablo continued his slow swing walk towards the inn, only glancing over once to assure himself that she was indeed following. His entire gait was a slightly odd thing, when one looked at his overly long arms and legs somehow moving in their graceful pattern. He didn't watch the girl farther, no matter how he wanted to. Women intruiged him, expessially the ones that had been victimized. Women were somehow naturally more pure than men. Men murdered and raped all the time, women didn't. It made him want to learn more, and see if maybe this girl would be different, and be on a true level of cleansiness and purity. While women were generally better than men, that didn't mean they were exempt from being corrupt.

He didn't go far, well, not far for his long slow strides. He reached a two-story building after less then ten minutes, and went in without hesistation. The inn he selected was the only one in town, and was therefore a common meeting place for the town's citizens. If someone would know who this girl was, it would be here. And they could just leave her here if they had to.

Anonymous

She noticed the Inn up ahead and wondered if thats where he was taking her, but didn't want to break the silence. It was huge and made her wonder she didn't see it long ago. Although that might not even be the place he's taking her it's still nice to know one exist here.

She looked up at the man and began to think deeply. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me and only once did he look at me, I wonder if he even likes her at all, but then again why would he, I seem to be nothing but trouble for him and seem to do nothing right.

She seen him go straight into the inn and was glad it was the the Inn as she didn't care for the cold, although she loved to walk. She followed him into the Inn noticing alot of people which made her nervous. She didn't like to be around others to much as anything could happen She ended up walking into the corner of the room where the fire place lay only five feet away from the man. Not many were in this corner  which was better then being surround. She lay the girl down softly as not to wake her, and sat next to the child stroking her hair and brushing it from her face as she continued to stair up at the man she followed, making eye contact as much as possible to read an expression on his face. She let the heat gaze apon the small child  and surround herself aswell.

Anonymous

Settling into a chair, the tall manchild met her gaze fearlessly. He finally let himself be something other than impassive. Instead it was something akin to that deep curiousity that always pervaded every fiber of his being, and an open question was in his eyes. She obviously didn't know the kid, so why save it? Everyone died sometime. While Diablo had saved both of them, that was because he could do so. This one seemed to had been willing to sacrafice herself for someone she had never met. While the concept wasn't new to him, it was absolutely fascinating. That such goodness remained in people, it sparked an interest in him to try to understand, and it halted his killing spree.

"When the girl wakes we'll find her parents. She seems to like you and you her."

It was a statement, though an open ended one. His purpose here was to extract information, to see if there really was a person who deserved to live in this corrupt world. He knew that eventually she would betray him, everyone always had. He's start to believe that were was a woman who was pure and worthy, when she went off and did something that crushed his hopes. He glanced around the inn, shifting a little so his gangly limbs were tucked into a semblance of order. Black eyes became fixed on the child, watching it sleep. Children were his favorite. If everyone could remain a child, then Diablo wouldn't need to crusade and kill the world.

Anonymous

Iristichay couldn't help but smile at him when he said that. The thought of him not liking her went away and thoughts of an accatance or maybe in a friend entered her mind. She was happy to hear him speak to her but didn't want to seem to happy that she would scare him off so she just kept it a smile.

What are those markings? Could he be something other then human? If so I wonder what... She thought. She was absolutly fancinated by him now. Just looking at a lengthy man who seemed tall and rough in a peacefull way on the outside, but could he be gental and sweet on the inside? she began to think again. She always liked to see the good in people, and well he did save their life. She began to feel it easier to speak to him.

So you don't hate.... She paused but only for amoment. I ment you treat me kindly after I made you rick your life for us.... and you go out of your way to help us... Thank you so much. She never took her eyes off her and wanted to pay her respect to him. She got up ever so slowly tilting her head in a curious kind of way as she walks slowly up to him.

I usually don't let other's touch me besides children, but... well... She didn't speak another word, she just held out a hand slowly reassuringly and kept her head tilted curious if he would shake her hand.

Anonymous

Diablo looked at length at the hand extended. He didn't often touch people when they were alive, though he often handled dead bodies. Yet if she said she didn't often touch people, this was an honor. So he extended a long narrow hand, grasping hers firmly. If he was going to shake her hand, he was going to shake her hand. None of that feather-light noodle crap. He then looked up so they had eye contact established again, almost startled by her words. It showed in his eyes, though his face had almost forgotten how to look suprised.

Why would he hate her? He did hate, and he did strive to destroy, but it was a general feeling. Why would he save her and hate her? It made him feel the need to the correct her, he was an honest man. A completely insane honest man, but at least he didn't just lie. She seemed to like some as a friend somewhat, so Diablo felt the need to steer her clear of any preconcieved notions before either of them got any more attached as friends.

"I don't hate you. I do hate."

Anonymous

You don't hate me, but you hate? Why? you should never hate. She said it as that is what she believed. She didn't hate that man who attacked or or anyone else who's wronged her, although she disagreed completely with what they did she never hated.

His grip was firm and she felt oddly weak from it. His touch so warm and slightly cold rough and soft. she began to think. She was lossing her comfort up and felt a strange feeling about her, kinda diziness and uncontrolling wind out of nowhere blew between them. It was his hand, the touch of his hand that made her use her wind element just slightly. It was amazing in her eyes and frighting aswell, hoping it wasn't enough to make him think it was her. She pulled away slowly stairing at her hand. It was so different. Would this happen long ago if I let someone touch me? if so why didn't it hapen when that man pushed me? Maybe cause he didn't touch me as long as the man before me held my hand. Her mind was racing.

Um, I'm really, really tired. but please still answer my question She said as she took to steps backwards against the wall leaning against it as she dropped to the floor first stairing at the girl then her eyes lead her back to his.

Anonymous

As she asked him why, he wondered how much he should tell. He could tell every detail, he could relate how his brothers and sisters and mother and father had been killed and mutilated while the humans cheered and said great acts were being performed. Yet she seemed to be a fragile being, one who could break if he pushed too hard. So instead he opted for the abbreviated version. It would be enough to allude to what happened, and spare the intense details for later. Though that was if there was a later. She would have to hang around him long enough for there to be a later, and he would have to keep his urges to kill supressed, though at the moment it was easy.

While some people prefered to keep life tragidies to themselves, and never share it with another human being, Diablo didn't much care. It was why he was like this today, to keep secrets was a futile effort. It was then that the wind swept through and he looks around, the startlement in his eyes rising. Hand dropping to his side, he realized that she may have been the cause. So they both had more lurking under the surface. He wondered if she should go sleep, she did look exhausted. But seeing as she wanted anwers, he gave them.

"I came from a Clan who taught to never hate, to never lift a finger against another. Humans came and would have destroyed us all if I hadn't learned to hate."

Anonymous

Lean to hate... She said aloud not thinking she did. It was going through her head over and over. You can fight and not hate  she thought but wondered if she should say it. He must have been through so much and I don't know one thing to say to help him.

This made her kinda sad although she kept a smile on her face. He didn't say anything about the wind he must of thought it was something else. went through her mind with releif but what he said stuck with her. Maybe she should say it it's not like it'd hurt him...would it? Thoughts were going away as she began to drift off to sleep. she decided to say it.

I know you been through alot but I'm not sure how much. She paused to look up at him. You can fight and not hate. I fight for the good in life. I'd never kill but I will protect. I fight only to protect those who need it. Sorry if I upset you in anyway.

Iristichay was drifting faster and faster getting tired from all the speaking. She didn't care if it was the lobby of the Inn she was falling asleep and it was warm here.She thought of the man leaving her here and wouldn't blame him but she really didn't want him to go. The last thing she said before passing out on the floor saying it load enough for him to here her was Please don't leave me. and she closed her eyes drifting off into sleep.

Anonymous

"The good in life..."

There is no good in life. He stared at the girl on the floor, wondering how much sleep she had gotten the night before. Probably not much, seeing as she just passed out. Or maybe it was mental trauma from nearly being raped. She must have a delicate composition, everyone who said there was good in life did. They all crumpled so easily. The very concept that she would never kill was staggering to his mind. It was an idealistic concept that would become shattered someday. Yet the very fact that she still clung to these ideals made him more interested than before.

Looking around, he figured he had to do something about the fact that she was sleeping on the floor. He couldn't carry both her and the child. Well, not at the same time. And it was unseemly to sleep in front of other people. It showed weakness, and weakness was not something to be desired. Maybe that was the reason for her plea (which did startle him). She didn't want to be weak around others. Looking around once more, he finally got off of his chair and carefully bent over, getting a hold of her and picking her up. Hopefully she wouldn't wake, though anyone who passed out would be sleeping deeply. Casting a glance at the child, he figured this was good a place as any to leave it as any for the moment.

The tall thin man headed for the stairs, planning to mount the stairs and from there go to his room. She didn't have one to sleep in, and his was actually clean. Well, it was clean now. He had spent several hours the day before making sure it met his standards.

Anonymous

Iristichay slept deeply dreaming of her past as she did everytime she drept it always lead up to the point were she'd last fallen asleep. She loved to dream, but wasn't always sure of what she'd dream about. She didn't make a sound just alittle heavy breathing.

Saving a child, being knocked out, being saved, meeting this strange guy, healing the child's wounds on her back, it was alot for her as she normally hid. With her cat like eyes and black hair with blue If Her speciese found out she was one of them they'd want to start a fight so she always had to dye her white part of her hair a dark blue. Why did that guy ask her questions, then again why didn't she ask him those same questions.... It bothered her. She must not let him see her natural form. She doesn't want to loose a friend, nor does she want him to think of her as a beast. If only he seen her tail what would he think. No She had to stay in Human form, atleast until she knew he'd still be her friend.

She continued to rest in his arms to lost in her dreams and thooughts to wake. She even wondered if today really happened or if she dream't of something besides the past.