Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Chilly...

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2007, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Diablo entered his small yet almost immaculately clean room, leaving the door cracked open. Every aspect of this room was now how he liked it. Clean. It was then that he realized that there was a problem beyond a sleeping girl was in his arms, and he was responsible for the  kid downstairs. The girl in his arms had been in the street, had been laying on it. Her clothes were all dirty, and if he were to put her in the bed it would contaminate the sheets. Yet he couldn't just put her on the floor, that wasn't cool.

Standing there and debating in his mind, the elemental finally went to the bed, laying her on the top cover. Now he only had one sheet to clean, not all of them. He then took a folded blanket on the foot of it, and spread it over her. So that made two, but he could handle it. He made sure she was tucked in, before turning and heading out the door once again. While the child would be fine for five minutes, it wasn't wise to leave her for more than that.

Reaching the common rooms and retrieving the girl, he tried to ignore that she was filthy as well. Both of them would have to clean their clothes and take baths if he were to let them stay. One part of his mind was urging to just stop dealing with all of this hassle and kill them both, to set them free from this world. But that wouldn't do. He wanted to see how dedicated she was to her path, and the child hadn't done anything wrong in this world. Children were pure. So with a sigh and a soft grumble, he remounted the stairs and tucked the child in next to the girl, making sure both were covered. Diablo then drew up a bucket and washcloth, sitting on the floor and drawing up energy from the earth, slowly warming the water. The room was nearly clean, but the door needed some work before he called it perfect.

Anonymous

five hours passed and Iristichay began to awake. It was still daytime maybe a few hours after noonish and the sun was beaming on her face. With her eyes closed she felt covered and warm which had had not normally felt. This startled her and she quickly opened her eyes to see the child laying next to her. The child seem to put her at peace again. She had not felt relaxed in a while until now. Iristichay staired at the sleeping child and thought it be best to not wake her as she sat up carefully looking around the room.

Everything was so neat and clean and she was filthy. How could he let me sleep in this bed, I'm clearly not fitting for it? She began to think when she seen him. He seemed to be cleaning the floor and wondered if she should disturb it. I hope he hadn't been cleaning the whole time I was asleep. She wondered practically stairing him down. She never needed much sleep and was always on her feet. she was just glad she didn't change back into her regular form while she'd been alseep. She wanted to help him clean but knew since she was dirty she probably just make it worse.

Um Sir.... How long you been cleaning? She just spoke out without thinking. Lucky she was naturally polite. She then realized what she said and how stupid she must of counded asking such a question when she sould of been thanking him and leaving him. Although she never liked being a burdan thats all she seemed to be and she normally left someone before becomming on but now she's been to much of a burdan and couldn't leaving without helping him in return. But How? she began to wonder while she awaited his answer to her stupid question.

Anonymous

"I'm not sir. I'm Diablo. And I don't know. Since you've been asleep. The floor needed it. Speaking of that, your clothes are dirty. Do you have others or do I need to wash them?"

Diablo didn't think twice of cleaning them, he preffered if he did anyways. Then he would know it was a good job, not some half-baked slop that some people called washing. Didn't they know about nits? Didn't they care that they sat in stink and filth? It wasn't even a burden to him, it was more of an automatic chore to be done with the rest. Yet no matter what, he would not let her go another second without taking care of the problem. If she didn't have spare clothes, he did. Though they probably wouldn't come close to fitting right, it would be something to have until the ones on her body were freed of dirt.

He took the rag and plopped it back into the softly steaming water that half filled the bucket. He'd changed water several times, and his long bony fingers were now wrinkled from the constant exposure. It had been a good exersize to stream the earth's energy through his body and into the bucket, when on the second story of a building he wasn't in direct contact with the earth, so pulling it into him was hard. It was practice so he could grow stronger, and kill more.

Anonymous

Um these are the only close I have, but you been cleaning for awhile.... If you show me how to.... I'll clean them. She felt bad for him and knew he couldn't clean with cold water as everything was spotless and wondered how he kept the water warm. He probably just changed it alot She thought knowing there was something different about him. He wasn't normall, then again neither was she.

She thought it might be a stupid question but it was always good to ask. Um I know this might sound stupid but are you able to do these other humans can't?...like powers? She was very curious of him and wondered that of every person she came in contact with. She was ready to place her feet on the floor but thought of the mess she might make. It'd be easier to just go into her fairy form, but then again what would he think... She decided to wait until he spoke about it before doing anything like that and see he would be comfortable with it.

Anonymous

Diablo thought about the question for a little bit, wondering how to explain what he did. He finally refiltered the flow of energy in his body, waiting a couple seconds to convert it into something visual. While he was waiting, he didn't really break eye contact, and was at the same time pondering why this girl was asking. A slight paranoia rose within him, urging that she was a human trying to track down the last of his kind. Yet if that was the case, he would kill her. Pure and simple. The energy finished it's filtering and refining, so Diablo carefully let it out of his body, a small ball of light forming above his palm and staying there.

"I can.... control the life energy of this planet. I can draw it from the earth and plants, and make it was I wish. These powers are why the humans tried to kill me kind off. We were different."

Anger faintly rose into his eyes, it ussually did when he thought about how so many of his kin and family had been slaughtered for no better reason than they weren't just like the humans. Yet he shovedt that emotion down, it would do him no good. Instead he turned his attention back onto the girl. Maybe she possessed powers? Maybe she asked because she was looking for a friend. Well, he knew he made a horrible friend, and he would try to kill her someday. But it was ultimately her choice.

"What about yourself? Can you do anything... unique?"

Anonymous

I'm sorry.... Humans can be so crule. She could see the anger in his eyes and wondered why he kept it in. It was good that he did but it still came to her mind. She knew he knew she could shapeshift as she done it right in front of him in the ally, but that could easily be done with a potion. SHe didn't know what to show him but figured to show him her natural self and if he hated her for it then she'd be on her way.

I Can... She studdered at what he might think or do. Please don't hate me for showing you... Her pants were enchated so when she went into that form the tail wouldn't damage them. She was just about to when she just stopped. She couldn't.

Um maybe I'll wait until later to show you that one... Here's a simple one... She turned instantly into alittle fairy. Well I'm part fairy and part something else, but you'll probably see that part in the future. I can control earth and wind from that side I won't show you. She paused looking back up at him. Only because I fear you, but mainly that you might leave me. Iristichay Jumped of his bed and began to fly toward his palms to look more closely at the beautiful light. Her two tiny feet touching his palm, she wanted to touch the light but wasn't sure if it was safe so she just staired at it in awe of it's beauty.

Anonymous

"It is good to fear me. I'm not a safe person."

Diablo felt the need to add that, mainly because it was true. He was in a harmless mood at the moment, and was more curious about her than bent to destroy. Yet it could change, it could change easily. He was sated from the death of the rapist, for ridding the world of his taint forever. But his work was never done, and events could again wake the bloodlust inside of him. Fear was what would keep her safe, if he were to suddenly turn. Hopefully it wouldn't happen for a while, the fairy form was interesting, and her fear to turn into something else was even more so. What could be lurking inside of what seemed to be sure a pure girl?

When she flew towards the light, he kept his hands steady, in case she decided to land and touch it. He quickly modified the filter on the energies, the light fading a little then restrengthening, colors swirling as it adjusted. If she had touched it before then it would have burned her. Now it was harmless, just a little warm. Though after his words of not being a safe person, he wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to.

"And I won't be like the people I hate. You didn't ask to be different, so I won't leave because of it."

Anonymous

So you wouldn't leave me if I looked like a monster huh, you kill like the people you hate. Her voice sounded more sad then anything. Iristichay was sad that he couldn't see that by killing he was almost as bad as them. Maybe he wasn't maybe she was wrong but killing was wrong. He fights for good but kills in doing so, is that wrong or right? She wondered in confussion.

She lent out a hand to touch the light that was as big as her until she felt the warmth of it then drew her hand back. She quickly flew over to the enterance of the bathroom Then changed back into her human form.

So you wouldn't leave me even though I looked like a monster? Iristichay thought looked like a monster in that form but really she just looked half human and half dragon. Human features but with a tail and her nails grown out and her ears and her feet looked more dragon like. Her cat like eye but then again she had her cat-like eyes in every state. I wonder if you'll mean it. Iristichay turned into her normal Drygon form. although it was dangerous if another Drygon seen her for they would challange her for power. I'm a human monster she said as tear ran down her face.

Anonymous

Her first words shook him to the core, yet at the same time he railed against her judgement. He was nothing like the humans. They killed because someone was different, because they wanted lands, because they enjoyed it. He didn't truly enjoy killing, it was a job he performed. He was getting his own hands dirty so that someday a brighter and better tommorow would dawn. She was just being naive, unable to see reality around her. He hated, and he killed, but there was a final plan behind it. Humans had no final plan, and that made his crusade right.

Slight defiance rose in him at being grouped like that, a hint of anger again. Yet as all other times, as soon as they surfaced they were gone. Diablo had spent years supressing his emotions, it was like everyone worth feeling had drained from him long again. All that was left was the ghost of emotion, pale feelings that faded away as quickly as they formed.

Diablo took in the form, slightly suprised. He'd thought monster would mean dripping pus and bondy angles and general ugliness. She was perfectly fine in his eyes. He was a lucky creature, to look so humanoid. It was the human's standards that all creatures measured themselves by, the human's proclaimed ideals that they lived by. She seemed to be a victim of that brainwashing, to think of herself as a monster. Humans were not the superior or even best race. They were merely the most populous, and their filth invaded the natural workings of things. He was merely stopping their arrogance, restarting the world so it may be free of them. He wasn't like them.

"You are yourself, and not anything else. Be proud of that. Now draw water and I'll heat it. You must wash off that dirt and clean your clothes. And I never caught your name."

Anonymous

Iristichay whiped another tear away surprised he did not care what she looked like, or that he didn't really act out to her first statement. Infact she smiled through her changing to Human form right in front of him again.

As You wish She said obeyingly. She drew water quickly so that she may see his power in the act. Oh and my name is Iristichay, but can call me Onerlay. Which ever is easier for you. She knelt down beside the tub taking off his coat but nothing else. She lay the coat folded in her lap.

Everything about him surprised her. He was different from others she ment, almost as if he had only one goal in life. He lends his coat out to a perfect stranger and even saves her when she could of been a theif or whore. Even though she wasn't he still didn't know that. And he takes her in. She wondered of his one quest and if it would effect her aswell.

Diablo I wonder of your pain and suffering, and of your life goal, but I will not rush you in telling me all at once. I'm sorry for what I first said about killing, I was out of line. I don't believe in killing, but everyone has different beliefs. She couldn't help but be sorry. She didn't like bringing down friends, even though she never stayed with them long enough to be called a true friend. She was always wondering away. Iristichay looked down letting her very long hair cover her face almost as if she was hiding.

Anonymous

Diablo fixed a look at her, absorbing the name. It was unusual, fitting for an unusual girl. Setting it in his mind, he listened to her words. She was actually interested in the hell he went through? It was fine with him, though the full story in his mind was long. And his life goal... how could he tell someone who thought killing was wrong that he wanted to destroy and die with this world? She said she was a monster, but he was the true one here. While killing was justified for him, he was slaughtering hundreds upon hundreds of people in a crusade that most didn't agree with. If he told her his goal, she would be the one to leave, not him.

"If you hear my life goal, you will not want to be my friend with your ideals."

Diablo placed a hand directly over the surface of the water, and released the massive waves of energy he was forcibly pulling through his body. The surface of the water rippled, nothing truly visible happening aside from that. Yet in less than ten minutes the temperature in the room has risen slightly, and the bath water was now suitably warmed. It wasn't overly hot, but he was nearing his limits for the day. Leaving it at that, he turned his dead black eyes onto Iristichay, giving her directions. He didn't mean to treat her like a child, but it just came out that way. After all, he had found her almost being raped by a man. Yet she could shape-shift and her "monster" form looked powerful. So how could one man have given her so much trouble? It was a mystery in his mind.

"Bathe and clean your clothes. After that we can talk more."

Anonymous

"Okay then" She spoke after his final instructions. "No matter what you say or what your goal is, I will not hate you. Just thought I'd let you know. If you wonder of me not wanting to be your friend, your goal could not chage that no matter how much I may not like it." She stood placing the folded coat on a shelf after he left, and undressing folding her close as she did. Testing the water and feeling the warmth on her body felt so good to her. She began whiping the dirt off her face then hair and the rest of her body soon became clean.

She was surprised by how much dirt came from her body, but more surprised by her body as she looked at herself in the mirror and how much she grown. She touched her face grazing it and wondered how she appeared to a man. She quickly left the thought behind as she drained the water and drew more as she began to clean her cloths off the dirt comming off eaiser then expected. She couldn't help but keep looking at herself in the mirror. She never really looked at her self in years atleast.

He treats me kinda like a child although I look like a woman she said in a whisper, thinking aloud. She hung her cloths above the tub and turned to look for a towel in which she seen two laying next to each other on a shelf. She wasn't sure if he'd mind her using one or if he didn't want her to and didn't think about it.

"Um am I aloud to use one of these towels, if so What one?" Iristichay yelled aloud for him to hear.

Anonymous

Diablo had settled into a chair, mind slowly wandering. He was tired now, from using his powers so much. His head had settled back onto the top of the chair, eyes half closed as he dozed. With his mind not working as actively as it ussually did, he was closer to a normal person, face relaxed and the only emotion on his face was one of peace and serenity. He stayed like that until the girl apparently finished bathing, and she called out.

It took his muddled mind a moment to process, and he realized what she was asking. He honestly couldn't care less on which towel she used, both of them were clean and she must be clean now too. He then realized a unique problem. Her clothes were wet... he couldn't just tell her to walk around in wet things. And a girl in a towel... not the best idea. But he decided it was up to her, his clothes were in here and there was no way that he was giving them to her when she had nothing on. His mouth then caught up with his mind, and he called back.

"Either of them will do."

At that he reclosed his eyes, shifting around. Normally he would take the bed, but a child was there, and the sheets were dirty. Rubbing his striping out of habit, the manchild instantly found the mental state he had been in before sleeping. His face recomposed itself into that peaceful look, and he was on the edge between the world of dreams and wakefulness, no longer caring what the girl did. His eyes were closed anyways.

Anonymous

Iristichay wrapped the towel around her peeking out the door to see if he would be watching her but instead found his eyes closed. She was being as quiet as possible stepping out of the bathroom and walked slowly to the oppisite side side of the room he was in leaning in a corner. She let let a man even see that much of her and if he did she would break her rule.

She gazed at him watching him. He looked so peaceful to her and it was a site she loved. It was times like that she just stair at someone but had other things in mind dragging her away like the thought of him seeing her. After a minute she realized how stupid she was knowing she could just turn into an animal and so in just a few seconds she turned into a small kitten and snuggled up in the towel in the corner of the room she left lying on the floor and staired at him watching him drift off wondering if he'll wake or sleep.

Anonymous

Diablo was poised on the edge of sleep, but one thought kept on running through his mind. The sheets were dirty, and when night truly fell and he went to sleep the bed wouldn't be ready. Yet he finally reached a compromise, in the form of taking a quick nap. He could recover his energies, and then Iristichay and him could wake the child and find her parents. After that, he could come back and wash the sheets, and then he would be ready for the night. It really was silly to fixate on such trivial things, but he couldn't help but do everything he could to keep himself clean.

Again shifting around in the chair to find the most comfortable spot, he ending on with his pillow on a bony arm, hair obscuring his closed eyes. With no more distractions or concerns to keep him awake, the elemental finally drifted into a deep sleep, while at the same time telling himself to wake in an hour. Iristichay could entertain herself, he had when she slept much longer.

Anonymous

Iristichay purred in relaxation of the warm towel after stretching every stretching getting that out of her system so when it came to anything rough she could maneuver. Then she stared back at Diablo. In her eyes he looked so cute the way he slept. She couldn't help but wonder why she felt faint when he shook her hand, and wondered what he must of thought at that very moment. She wanted so much to help him, but didn't know how.

She finally snapped back and by this time a half hour went by and she remembered his coat that she left neatly folded on the shelf in the Bathroom. She instantly went back into human form, wrapping the towel around her, and retrieved the coat thinking how the man gave it to her. She unfolded it and placed it ever so lightly over him as to not disturb his sleep and backed away slowly to where she lay in the corner of the room turning back into a kitten cuddling up in the towel.

Anonymous

After the hour he had promised to himself passed, Diablo's black eyes snapped open. He had always been quick to wake, going from sleep to consciousness in seconds. Looking around, the first thing he noticed was his coat had been returned to him and tucked around him. It must have been Iristichay, who else could it have been? He was somewhat touched by the gesture, yet at the same time tried to shrug it off. It had been a mere act to pay off her debt to him. He had covered her with a blanket earlier, so she did the same to him. In this dying world, there was no way that she would be kind of her accord.

Taking the coat and standing, he streched his unporportionate limbs, stifling a yawn. Another hour wouldn't have gone the wrong way, but they still had things to do today. Chiefly, find the child her home. Once the kid was put back in her home, he could talk with Iristichay. Exactly about what, who knew. But she said she wanted to know more about him, and he was curious in her own story. What could have made her think a natural form was a monster-like form?

Looking around the room briefly, he spotted the kitten and assumed that it was her. Pulling the coat around his thin shoulders, he talked to the cat. He did feel a little bad for addressing her like a child earlier, so he tried a little harder to make them equals. He still halfway told her what was happening and what she should do, be he left her with the responsibility of the child herself.

"Your clothes should be dry. I'm going downstairs to ask after the child's parents. Bring her down when you're dressed, and we can take her home when it's found."

Anonymous

Iristichay mind was going all over the place Why would her parents not care of her beings, why was she all alone in an ally? She thought as she bit the towel to cover her self as she changed back to human so she could stop him. She grabbed the towel quickly as if droped from her mouth. Already she had brokedn the rule she had made for her self, one being do let a male see her even if she was close to being nakid.

No, dont!!! I don't think it's a good idea.  She said stoping him from leaving. The child looked happy asleep and she would hate to move her. I might be new here but it shouldn't be that hard to find an orphange right? Or some place to put the child that's nice, but I don't think she should be going back to her parants. She felt kind of odd arguing with a man while she stood half nakid, which he probably already seen enough of her body when she changed like that.

If I or we can't find a place for her, I guess I'll take her. She wanted nothing but happiness for the child even if it might mean sacraficing her own. Please?!!

Anonymous

Diablo had one hand on the door, and had been about to lift the latch. That's when the mostly-naked girl protested. Now he wouldn't have opened the door if he had really really wanted to. The Elemtental hadn't caught her transformation, yet her standing with a towl barely covering her awkward, to say the least. Normally he would argue a little, children belonged with their parents, so why was she trying to put a girl in an orphanage? And a different home would be interesting, but why?

He would have liked to say these things, but she didn't have any clothes on. He was in no mood to argue and draw out the chances that something bad would happen. What that thing was, who knew, but either way it would be bad. He'd just made a friend, he didn't really want to embarrass her at the moment. A tinge of red colored the pale white skin under the red tattoos, and he directed his eyes to the floor directly in front of her feet as he thought over the matter. He then let his hand fall off the latch, it wasn't his choice to decide what was best for a child. Hell, he was trying to destroy the world. People like him didn't a say for small children.

"If you want to keep her and she wants to be kept, keep her. If you want to find her a nice home, it's your choice."

Anonymous

She smiled so happily at this. He didn't care but why was he looking at the ground and she realized what she was wearing again and steped back. Thank you so much, I owe you dearly. Wait here, I'll be out in a second. With that she ran into the bathroom smiling getting her cloths on as fast as possible, not giving him a chance to speak.. WHich was pretty fast seeing how she didn't wear make-up or care to much on how she looked, she let her body stay that natural look. Hear cloths were mainly dry but just alittle damp, either way it'd dry soon and she realize the girl was wearing her over shirt. so she just put on her thinner and ran out to make sure he didn't leave.

Again thank you She ran to the child to wake her but the way she woke her she had to be calm. She sat on the bed running her fingers through the childs hair light but but just fast enough to wake a child. The Child looked up at her surprised and practically jumped of the bed hitting the wall while just stairing at her then the child looked over to the man and she seemed all at once terrified and confused as she stared at me him.

((Hey you can control the child's actions aswell, She's not my character))