Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Chilly...

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2007, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((some people are just anal about NPCs they create, so I ussually do handsoff to avoid being yelled at heh))

Diablo watched the child's action, and a glimmer of amusement rose in him. Was he that terrifying looking? Well, to a child he could be. He knew he was inporportionate by a human's standands, being so long and skinny. Combine that with the tatooing on his face, and any overactive imagination could make him into a monster. Yet the Elemental had a genuine fondness for children, the pure and as-of-yet uncorrupted youth of this world.

Going to one knee, he found the lowered him to equal height with the girl, at least that was something. Being taller intimidated children, evening the height helped them calm. He remembered that much from when he had a family, when he had brothers and sisters that he helped calm with his mother and father. He couldn't naturally smile, he couldn't even get himself to feel more than ghosts of emotion. So what he did was fix his face into what could be amusement, the corners of his lips turned up slighty. For those who were familiar with his constant lackluster in facial expressions and emotion, it was expressive for him.

"I'm Diablo. I saved you from the men. We're taking you somewhere nice, if we can find somewhere nice."

On the child's part, she seemed somewhat soothed and almost relieved by these words. Her posture relaxed somewhat, the look of fear fading at least.

Anonymous

The little girl stirred at him almost as if remembering something she'd forgotten. Iristichay could only smile at the man's words. He was so kind and at the same time tough. Iristichay was now too looking over his odd tattoos but her eyes kept drifting over to the little's girls expression. She couldn't believe ow cute the little was as she spoke to Diablo.

I remember you. The child spoke softly taking another step toward the man. What happened to you? The child leaned out touch the man's face who was now her height.

This amused Iristichay as she wasn't use to being around many children. Were they always so blunt? and why isn't that child afraid? little questions began to seek into her mind as she awaited for what the man would say. Iristchay wasn't even looking at the child, although she wanted to she knew it would be hard to let the child go once they found a place, so instead she walked over to the door openingly slowly.

I guess we better go. Iristichay spoke softly toward Diablo as she walked out shuting the door behind her, while leaving him in there with the kid for a few seonds. She wanted badly to know what it would be like having a child, but she let the thoughts fade at thought of never finding the right guy.

Anonymous

"In my home, they gave me these tattoos to show that I'm a man now. The one on my chin means I can't go back anymore, even if I want to."

She traced a finger down one of his tattoos, Diablo keeping his full concentration on the girl. He easily kept his balance, letting her touch him as she would. After all, a touch wouldn't hurt anything. That the theory, anyways. She had a look of intense concentration, and Diablo faintly heard Iristichay say something about going, and the door doing it's work. She opened her mouth, speaking to him again.

"Did it hurt?"

"Not badly."

Standing and looking at the closed door, he put gentle pressure on the girl's shoulder and they left the room. He then closed it and pulled the key from his pocket, carefully locking the door and replacing the key in it's spot. It would terrible if someone got into the room while they were gone. They would mess it all up and put his hours of hard work to waste. If that happened then he would definately go on a killing spree until he felt better about the dirt that would be on his floor. And then Iristichay would see him for what he really was, and would leave. All in all, a scenario he wanted to avoid.

Anonymous

I guess your ready. Iristichay staired into the mans eyes only for a second before to turning to the girl to smile. The girl still wearing her oversized shirt and the same blue jeans she wore last night. It was ok though cause Iristichay had rough skin that would keep her warm and she adapts easy to the temperature around her, just so long as she was covered, thats all she really cared about.

Iristichay tried to avoid the child by staying on the other side of Diablo the child was on. She didn't want to get attached to the kid for fear of not wanting to let her go, but she just looked so adorable and cute and at the same time helpless. The way the child kept looking at her and Diablo, made her curious as to what the child was thinking. Better yet what Diablo was thinking. She knew he probably thought she was weak, even though she's actually strong it just she weakens alot quicker when she uses her Drygon's abilities when she's in human form. Iristichay took her eyes up to look at Diablo curiously but saddened by what he must be thinking. For all she knew he could probably be planning to ditch her after they found a place for the child, but iristichay didn't want him to leave her, she wanted to know so much about about this strange man who noticed her and took pity...

As they began walking down the street, She looked back up at him in more of a whisper in not wanting the child to hear, she asked sadly. Diablo, um... She studdered by finally got it out, do you think I'm weak? He'd probably say yes but she didn't mind, she just wanted to know what he thought, and maybe what was on his mind.

Anonymous

"Not weak. Naive. Untouched by what this life can really do."

He wasn't untouched, and he bore the scars. The only truly visible one in his mind rested on his chin, in the blank ritual tatoo that pronounced him banished. Even if he somehow fixed his broken mind, even if he somehow came to grips with what happened, he still had nowhere to go. He had killed for the first time in that one night, and finally butchered the humans who had bested them for so long. That morning the tattoo had been applied, because he broke the ultimate taboo for his clan: taking life. The rest were in his shattered mind. One one level, Diablo knew he was quite insane for wanting to kill of the world, and he knew he wasn't a whole person anymore. One another level, he relished it. Life was easier this way. No more pain.

As for Iristichay... he had spoken his mind. She had potential for power, and great power. He could see it plainly. But her own low self-esteem and lack of true expirience held her back. Diablo was used to killing. Therefore, he was what could be called powerful. He could easily tear someone apart, so that made him strong. It was only because he practiced. Sure he had treated her like a child at times, but she had been dirty and needed cleaning and had been just assaulted. Now that she was clean and not in any danger, he was willing to step back and let her do what she wanted.

Anonymous

Naive, yes I guess I am. iristichay was silent in wonder ho how much he had gone through. She wondered what he was like when not around her and sh begged to know in her mind how he really felt about things. She felt a wanting  to show him kindness, and wondered why, but she tired showing everyone she met kindness.

Her eyes drifted back to the child and had fallen behind as she looked frozen.  Iristichay stoped and turned to her.Iristichay hated how she could not see this child needed warmth but she had very little to give after all Iristichay was wearing a thin sleevlesshirt in the cold and the child wore her thick one. It would of been better for Diablo to hold her, but it'd be rude to ask and probably just needed some time to think.

Iristichay turned back and lowered to the child's level, picking her up on to her side as she let the little girl rest her head on her shoulder. The wind was the main problem but controling wind was something she was good at. As the wind forced against her Iristichay simply mad it go around and forced it back not letting it touch the child. The child had stopped shacking with a few more feet and it turned into a low constant shiver through her little body. Iristichay then cought back up with Diablo and continued walking hoping he knew where he was going.

Anonymous

Diablo simply stopped and waited, letting her take care of the child. He had briefly entertained the though of having a child, it was a fanstasy everyone had. Yet this incident drove in how bad a parent he would be. But maybe that was because he was a single man and this was a girl he picked up off the street. If it were his own child, he hoped he would be more attentive. Yet there was the chance he wouldn't be, and that was a cause for concern.

When she caught up he continued to walk, in that slightly swinging yet graceful walk. He knew where he going (mostly). To a nice-looking orphanage. There Iristichay could look it over, decide it was suitable, and they could drop the kid off to a nice new life. Unless she didn't like it, then he'd better start shaping up. Cuz chances were high the kid would be staying with her, and he didn't have designs to kill her or leave for a couple days at least. Well, she could always walk away, but she wasn't acting like she was about to ditch him.

Stopping in front of a one story building, he surveyed it. The front yard was kept and free of trash, at least. The walk was shoveled and clean, earning more points in his book. Even if he didn't want much to do with the kid, he was almost subconsciously making sure it would be a nice place for her.

Anonymous

Iristichay moved with silence and peace but when the girl whinned alittle, Iristichay ould began to sing alittle song from her fairy town. She song it soft and slow so Diablo wouldn't get annoyed but then stopped when he did. EVerything just stoped, her singing her thoughts, and all the noise went away from as she looked closer at this building. She loved children and didn't want to let her go but there was no way really she could provide for her being as broke as she was. I have to leave her here and give her a new chance at life. The thought whispered throughout her mind.

After you Diablo Her voice low and thin growing loud and bold. Iristichay staired at it with hope for the child's future. SHe didn't wanna let her go. She loved the feel of a child in her arms wanting and needing care. Mainly her care is what trigured it, but she couldn't provide. Then the thought of never going to beable to provide and never having a child entered her mind and what a sad thought that was. Iristichay hid her face from Diablo to hide her saddness, then forced a smile looking back up at him.

Iristichay pushed the child to her right hip getting ready to follow Diablo.