Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

CSS help needed! D:

Started by Anonymous, January 30, 2007, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Okay, I've tried everything, and it's driving me crazy... does anyone here know anything about CSS?  And if so, would you be willing to give me a hand?  It's not a huge problem right now--just a small one in getting the <div class="head"> part to work correctly.

Anyway, yes--if there's anyone that can help me, I'd really appreciate it if you could leave an IM name where I can reach you here.  Or PM me.  Thanks a lot. :P  I'm about ready to call it quits on this stupid page I'm trying to make.

Anonymous

Hmm...Wow, I haven't done anything with HTML or CSS in so long so I may be remembering this wrong...

Try <p class="head">Blah blah blah</p>

Anonymous

Yeah, see, the actual problem is the CSS I wrote for making a line under my header isn't working.  Well, not in Opera, anyway.  In Opera, the line shows up above the text of my header, instead of below where I want it.  However, it displays correctly in IE. =

Weird stuff, I tell ya.  I will try the p class thing instead of the div class thing and see if that works.  My div id for content, however, works just fine. O_o

*brain implodes*

Anonymous

Oh, you're using Opera >_< Unfortunately, I've never used it, but what I do know is that somethings that look fine in IE may look wonky in other browsers.

What code are you using for the line in your actual CSS code?

Anonymous

.head {
color:#990000;
background-color:#000000;
background-image:none;
font-family:verdana;
font-size:12px;
text-align:left;
letter-spacing:3px;
height:1px;
text-transform:uppercase;
border-bottom-width:1px;
border-bottom-color:#990000;
border-bottom-style:solid;
}

I'd changed it several times, but this is what I ended up with. =  If you see anything wrong, just let me know.

Anonymous

I don't think there's anything wrong with it o_o; Although I tend to combine the last three together into:

border-bottom: 1px #990000 solid;

But it shouldn't make a difference, to my knowledge, so....I don't know x_x; Sorry!

EDIT: What does "height" do?

Anonymous

I'll try that.  And, I'm actually not sure! ^^;  The code from that part was taken from an old page someone I know made, and modified for this one.  I'll try taking it out to see what it does, too.

Anonymous

Heeey, it's working now!  Sweet!  I'm thinking the height thing was messing it up.

Anonymous

LOL I've never used the height thing before. I was wondering what it was doing because it was put down as 1px, which makes no sense ^^;