Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Religions, Gods, Etc (SotE related)

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2007, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I couldn't find this anywhere, so, can you tell me which (if any) are the "fixed" deities of SotE world? I'm creating a race and I'm at their religion, and I want them to worship some kind of Sea or Water based deity. A Sun one is also good.

Is/Are there any?

Anonymous

XD  I totally asked almost the exact same question recently.

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/forum/ ... php?t=3978

Anonymous

Oops. Thanks, mate. :D

Rhindeer

Yeah! So, as was said in that other thread...x3 there aren't any set religions! I mean, people are free to come up with their own as they like, and I do know that there are some religions that are being played out. For instance, an old player that left a while back created the Lumenari, a religious cult of fanatic sun worshippers who hail from a desert country and...like to cause a lot of trouble. Because they believe that they have to spread their faith and all--through any means necessary. 8D I play some characters from that! And there are characters all over that have various religions.

Oh! And then there's Necromantia. That's probably the only established location on the site that has a set religion, Libris Sanctus where they worship a Goddess of Death.

But yeah, you can create your own religions and stuff! I personally have always wanted to see more religious activity IC, just because...well...it makes for interesting plots. x3 Especially when you have the culture clashes like that, bwaha.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Is there much info on the religion of Necromantia, beyond the fact that they worship a Goddess of Death?  I mean, is there anything more specific than that...?

Rhindeer

Yup! It's under the Necromantia section--there's a section about the religion and holidays there. ^_^

I really need to edit the Necromantia page though, actually. There's some information there that needs to be deleted, switched around, and made clearer, actually. I think I'll go fiddle with that now...>_> I'll probably also put the information about Libris Sanctus into its own category as well, in the religion section of the site...

o.o Come to think of it...I need to fix a few areas. XD I'm an organization freak, gaaah...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Okay, I posted a race, a beast-race, and religion in my new character, Avane-Sïve Gáneos. Are they okay? D: Do I need to change anything at all? Etc, etc.

Rhindeer

WHOO! I read it, and wow...*_* I find it quite awesome, actually! The character and her race sound really interesting, and yay for gender mix-ups!

In fact, I nearly did a fangirly squee when I read the religion part. XD Zomg, the Siofra worship a Mother Sun named Solis! See, the Lumenari folks I mentioned earlier in this thread...they call their deity "Mother Sun". Also, their actual country is called Solis (and the actual race/culture of the humans that come from Solis, they're Solisi). The irony of it all is just classic! <3 I love it.

Anonymous

:D!

I'm so glad it's okay. I spent a lot of time working on Avie and the Siofras. *Headdesk.* I like to give my characters some backbone.

Anyway, that's awesome! Ha ha, irony is always so amusing. But I'm glad that's okay. I just thought Solis was cliché enough to be the name of a sun goddess! XD