Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Nothing Lasts Forever

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2005, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It seemed for years that I've been travelling condemned to my own eerie silence that I saw no one. And yet, I've met thousands, perhaps millions, and heard everything and saw everything. But they blend together as do the days, like a beach of memories, both placid and hellis, stretch out for eternity. Endlessly I walk, never ceasing my listless, although steady animation. For what seems like the millionth time I'm amazed by how people appear, look, even their names, despite not knowing the many faces I pass on the street. They all appeared so tightly enveloped in themselves but I knew I was no better. Why am I judging those people when I am a failure? I sit up here in my observatory room, watching my faceless puppet wander these streets, on the otherside of the thickpained window. Hah! My refuge, my sanctuary. But even I need relief, relief my stress, my sorrows.. From enduring my self-condemned hell.

Amarante's motion was an undisrupted flow of languid grace, steady like a river and as soft as a breeze. Her porcelain face was an emotionless mask, and that's what it was. It was a mask to hide emotion, although it was worn and frayed, cracked along the edges but still it held back the darkness seeping from her soul. Her thoughts were morbid contradictions of moral and tradition as she progressed to the Tavern and Inn.

Within moments she stepped inside, her sandals clicking as she walked with a proper posture. She swept forwards like born beauty and grace, and truth betold she was. Her face was angelic, soft and the color of snow and just as pristine and pure. Her nose and mouth with delicate and small and her eyes were a dark, fathomless emerald. Her head was adorned with glossy tresses of ivory, just as her skin, although tied back with a white ribbon to discourage it from being a bother to her.

She sank into a chair and ordered a drink, sitting straight and quietly as she seemed lost in herself. But as usual, she was daydreaming as always. Lost in the trecherous caverns of her mind as she waited for her alchohalic beverage. She had always been a person too.. well, drink. But not alot, just enough to get a bit tipsy. Nothing more.

Anonymous

Ayeth strode into the tavern, thoroughly irritated at the people in Adela.  Didn't they know a good deal when they saw one?  She was trying to sell pelts for less than half of what they were sold for in normal shops yet no one seemed interested.  Well damn them!  Damn this little sodden pile of dung plonked in the middle of a bunch of trees.  She would not be returning any time soon she figured.

She dropped into a seat at the same table as a girl.  She ordered a drink and then finally looked up at the girl who was at the same table.  The girl's looks made she, Ayeth, feel small and insignificant even though she was a good couple of inches taller.  When her drink came she downed it and slammed the mug down on the table glaring at the girl.

"You wanna buy some pelts?"

Anonymous

Through my dreamy, filmy haze I saw the other who sat at the same table as my puppet. They appeared angry and if my sensories were correct, she radiated aggitation. The thick glare in her eyes made me wonder what she was about to say. Her lips moved but I heard nothing - the messenger for registration was slightly late on his duty as he knocked on the door and I took the call. She asked if I would like to buy some pelts.. I toyed with the thought, amusing myself with actual consideration. But still, I refused it. I shook my head slowly and slightly.

"No thank you," she responded in a soft, whispering voice.

Amarante discussed the idea of having pelts before, but to her she thought they were unnessecary. She wore a kimono and had a sack - to her, that was all that was truly needed. She watched the pelt-selling woman, taking a delicate sip of her drink. The girl appeared as someone she had known a long time ago. But she had seen so many faces - in war, in travels... Millions of people, really. It nearly gave the wind half-demon a headache with all the thought. With all the faces she couldn't properly remember. Just blurs as she stumbled through her life.