Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strange Company (Thief Group, you know who you are! XD)

Started by Anonymous, March 28, 2007, 10:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Demons always made good lovers...always...  I don't know why he dropped me off back at the tavern but ya know whatever.  I put a spell over myself just in case those people came back.  I now had dark brown hair that was short only reaching the ends of my earlobes and my ears weren't as pointed.  My eyes became an amythyst color and my skin was still fair.  I was now wearing a mini skirt, a purple halter top and stilettos.  I was totally different.  But of course, the demon not only place me in the same tavern but just at same time as the other people from the brawl were coming in. Damn, sometimes I just hate messing with time.  It gets me all mixed up.

I walked down the stairs and noticed Saira talking with the owner. At least he kept up with his side of the deal.  I gracefully walked over towards the bar but before I reached there.  Some idiot drunk slapped my ass. Oh he is done.  Just after he did it, I turned and grabbed his hand and glared at him. My evil eyes disappeared quickly as I noticed the money bag at his hip.  Not as much as the guy with the bodyguards but still more than I saw when I scanned the room.  My grimace turned into a smile and bent over to talk to him. "What would ya like sir?" He turned to me staring at my chest saying something about a beer and sending the entertainer girl over to him.   This idiot thinks I'm some wench. "Sure hon, I'll get that right to you."  I walked over to the bar and went to go get the beer for him, I thought it would go without a hitch that far but I was wrong.  "Hey, are you new? I haven't seen you here before." the bartender said.   Goddamit he's flirting with me...hehe let me at least screw with his head. "Aww...you don't remember me..." I said squishing my arms together pushing my chest out and placing my pointer finger on bottom lip. He looked flushed and turned around, grabbed the beer and placed on the bar, not bothering to turn around.  After doing that, I then went over to Saira, "Um, hello the man over there would like to talk to you. " I said pointing the man. I didn't wait for her to answer just in case she actually noticed me. I went to the man and gave him the beer, paying for it and tipping me 10 silver. Wow, he's drunk.

Anonymous

As he walked toward the darkness he stumbled across the floor. Damn that Danekis for moving my bed! He climbed to his feet and felt his way along the wall and lit the lamp on the table beside the entrance.

The room was empty.  Completely and utterly desolate of any sort of life or time.  Everything untouched, even by him.  Hmm was it really this long ago that I haven't used this room?  I need to start using it more often.  He shrugged off the worry of a secret inhabitant and turned his attention to his dog.  She lay sleeping, on the spot where he laid her, soundly.  He put his hand down to her wounds and opened a small, round, metal container the sat underneath the bedside table.

The contents inside were those that could be found in first aid.  Bandages, a small bottle of alcohol, one of the only things that Xerc had never thought to consider drinking, needles, and many herbs.  He reached for the bottle of alcohol first and dipped it onto a cloth upon the table he pressed the dampened cloth against her wounds, blood soaking it.  She awoke a winced a bit at the stinging, but otherwise remained still as a stone, trusting the hands she was under.

When he was sure that they were clean he reached for bandages and cut each a required length.  He wrapped her wounds and grabbed an herb within the contain.  It had just been picked that afternoon and was still fresh even after being closed up in container.  Plucking a few leaves off, he put them before Lethenia, she unwillingly eating the soothing, relaxation plant.  Within minutes she fell into a deep sleep, Xerc then carried her carefuly and laid her at the foot of his bed.  "Sleep well loyal friend," he muttered softly and left his room.  Just as he headed out the door, he thought, By gods! I need a drink.

Downstairs he headed and pulled his hair back behind his pointed ears.  His skin was still a bit moist from sweat but it was nothing offensive.  As he neared the bar, he noticed the woman who had stolen his purse speaking with the bartender, flirting with him.  He watched as she moved toward an unworldly drunk with a large mug of beer in her hand as it sloshed to and fro against the glass.  The damned woman!  I'll have my payment soon enough!  His faced grew determined as he approached her cautiously.  The tavern was still lively with people, drunks and seedy characters alike, but they didn't faze him even the slightest bit.

The closer he got the more he recognized her, recalling her minions of death.  Xerc watched as he saw her slip a 10 silver from the man as she delivered his drink, smiling like a harlot.  He moved quickly.  As she headed back, he quickly grabbed her wrist and said quickly to her, "Stealing is illegal in this town you know."

Anonymous

This man came up to me and grabbed my hand saying that I stole something.  I was surprised I hadn't stolen anything since that guy in the alley.  He must have thought that guy hadn't tipped me that much.  I swerved around.  "W...what are you talking...ing about...t? I...I just got..t..tipped.  T...that man g...ave m...me that m..money." I was looking around. "P..please d...don't h..hurt m..me." I said quivering.  I didn't know until then that it was the man from the alley.  How could he know it was me. I hope someone comes over and protects me.  I fell on my knees. "P..please sir d..on't hurt m..me" I said while sobbing.  My hands were covering my face.  I couldn't let me let on that it was me.  It was a good thing I was such a great actress.  I knew I should have worn something less revealing. "Wahhh!" I started to cry letting out a loud cry.  Though it was loud inside the tavern my cry was louder, almost everyone turned to our direction staring at us and making small comments.  Even from my position at the floor I could see the bartender getting up and walking this way.

Anonymous

Realizing the growing discontent in the room, the noise shrinking, whispers traveling from ear to ear, Xerc gently released his grip on the girl's wrist and and said, "Settle down.  I'm not going to hurt you."  He let go entirely and called out to the crowd as a few men began to stand up and clasp the weapons at their sides, "Please go back to yourselves.  There's nothing to see here.  Just sit back down."

At the moment the bartender reached him as most of the people began going back to what they were doing and said to Xerc, "What the hell's going on here?  I don't want any trouble in my tavern."

"Danekis, I only-"

"Yeah, yeah.  Whatever it is I don't want to hear it.  Just don't be causing anymore of a ruckus in here.  You got a problem take it outside.  If you need a chat, then do it peaceably."  With that he walked away from Xerc and back at the bar where people were more than happy to pay for a heavy drink.

Xerc sighed and looked down at the girl that cowered in fear.  He pulled her up to stand a told her, "Now look at what you've gotten me into.  I didn't mean any trouble. I only needed speak with you."

Anonymous

"I'm sorry s..sir, I...I d..didn't mean t..too get you into t..trouble." I kept my head down as if I was lower than him. "Um...t..thank you." I said as he helped me up.  "S...so you wanted to talk to m..me...w...what would you like t..to know?" I said still wimpering. I hoped it cut my accent in two.

(Sorry it's so short)

Anonymous

[It's okay. no worries.=)]

"Sit. Please," Xerc said pulling out a chair from the table next to them.  Reaching for his own, he pulled it out and flipped it around sitting with the backrest to his front.  "Now, I know who you are.  And I have some problems to discuss with you."

He motioned  two drinks from Danekis who nodded in confirmation.  When he lowered his hand and as he turned back to the girl he hadn't noticed the girl's face turn to utter shock from his statement.  "Now, first things first.  I know who you are," he repeated.  "Your that girl from the alleyway.  The one who summoned those demons and took my loot."  He motioned his hand to the girl to take a sip of the mug of beer that the bartender put on the table.  It was now that Xerc took notice of the anxiety beginning to ring within her.  hen he said, "You, necromancer should know better than anyone that an elf never forgets."  He chuckled after taking a sip of his beer.