Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What would you like to see in SotE?

Started by Rhindeer, May 03, 2007, 12:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

-cough- I can blow something up without planning. The only thing you have to do is run like hell when the cops show. O.o

XDDD

AAAANNNNNYYYYWWWWWWAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, lemme see if I can get the Thief's Guild back into action. -starts plotting-

First off. A newspaper would be awsome! Have a couple editor's, and set a date and ask people to send in random articles! Now, would they be about characters, and kingdoms and such, what's happening in this gang etc... Like an IC newpaper, or could it be like anything, like an OOC newspaper?

Second Off.
All those questions make my brain hurt… You should have a big poll/questionare thing to ask people to fill those out… `Sept make the questions easier to answer.

And a ball would be cool…. Like, holidays and such would be pretty neat to. Maybe a solstice party, because most races seem to admire these.

But yeah…. I think the gang thing would be  cool to have all set out, and the countries more aligned to a religion/set idea.

Anonymous

Definitely agree that we need more specific information on the culture of each place- customs, stance on gender issues, birth/death/marriage/coming-of-age rites, smaller non-main religions, etc. Little details can make a big diference: things that would seem polite to someone from one region might seem totally rude to someone from another, or people in Kingdom A might think that although people from Kingdom B are nice, they dress funny or have silly accents (lol).

A site-wide holiday would be really great if it can be pulled off. Higher-ups from all over might end up meeting up with eachother too, which would certainly be interesting. Might need to wait for the summer to do that, when everyone's not cramming for exams.

Organized crime needs a boost. I'm thinking gang rivalries and the like. Love the idea of the drug problem in Connlaoth, too, and as soon as I get around to it I'll probably be joining a drug addict.

Oooh, would the newspaper idea require people to make characters who are sort of like journalists/columnists/freelance writers?

Tally

I'll be fleshing out Adela's culture, customs, etc. little by little I imagine. Been thinking about religion specifically, and also been thinking about Adela's official political stance toward each individual nation.

I seem to remember Adela having an equinox celebration once that went over really well. Parties were thrown, drama was generated, smex was had, so forth and so on. If I can get Adela's king out of the brothel by September we could do it again. ^^

Anonymous

I just realised I've been saying Adela wrong for like <_< Five years... Crap.

Tally

O.o How have you been saying it?

Anonymous

More information on the cultures would be shiny, given that it tends to inspire fun new characters or plots.

I definitely like the idea of a holiday (a ball would be fun too, but that could be incorporated into the holiday - sort of, the nobles have a ball for solstice or equinox, the commoners have their own celebration...), and of the organized crime thing.

Umm... different sort of organized groups would be interesting too. A school for magic, or just a general school where people from all over the world came to study...

Given that I just came into the game, though, it's not even new stuff I want so much, 'cause it's all new and shiny - just a lot of interaction with other people's characters. ^^

Anonymous

Yes! ^^^ I've been wondering about maybe having a Mage's Academy or something along those lines for magic as well!

Anonymous

I think that the Necromatia should be the center for learning, mage schools, both dark and light, the big library, etc....

Anonymous

Necromantia just needs some all-around general revival. The library and schools being located there sounds great! *glomps Mona*

For now, threads taking place in schools and such can be put on the Necromantia boards that already exist, and sometime in the near future I should probably ask Rhi to create a few brand new shiny boards designated as a library, a school or two, and since it's the only kingdom currently lacking one, a military academy.

The military academy there would probably be like another magic school because the only things in the army there that actually need to be trained are necromancers who control zombie soldiers, so high-level strategy would be taught there as opposed to direct fighting. It might be nice to have a few mad scientist types hanging around the academy too, researching ways necromancers can control zombies in greater numbers for longer periods of time and over greater distances.

I'll gladly play a librarian, teachers and the like if necessary, or they can be NPCs.

Last but not least- pardon the shameful begging *blushing*, but there is a desparate need for people to fill the four remaining Council positions, and an equally deep need for necromancers (I'm sure there are some out there that just haven't been put on the list yet), plain nobles, and lots of lovely Deathrangers. Anyone willing to play them, and help revive Necromantia? *puppy-dog eyes* Pretty please with zombie on top?

Anonymous

I'll probably join a student to play in Necromantia in a while, but first I'd like to get my current character settled and get some play with her. But in a little while, definitely on board with the Necromantia revival. ^^

Anonymous

I already have one Necromancer character with close ties to a noble Necromantian family that I haven't quite fleshed out yet. What am I supposed to do/who to inform to get him put on the list? o.o

It'd be supercool if Cain (my Necromancer) could be a teacher at said yet-existent school for necromancy and the like. :3

Anonymous

Yes! *glomps Aubrey & Bromide*

Well if you haven't already joined Cain, then there's nothing to worry about until after you do, except of course to put "necromancer" in the space on the joining form where it asks for desired rank. After he's joined I'm not sure whether Rhi will be reading through the joining posts and automatically adding people to the list with each update or whether you'll need to PM her, but either way it's a quick and easy process.

Oooh we have at least one volunteer to play a teacher already. This is good, this is very good...

Don't let the fact that the boards don't exist yet slow anything down. :D If you'd like I could create a thread in Thanatos with a school, and if/when the boards are made it can be moved to the appropriate board.

Anonymous

A thread would be loverly. :3

Anonymous

Back when I was plotting with Crealo, we came up with two religions based around Le'marri and Zantaric.  They were polar opposites, and there was some weird stealing...erm... borrowing of some mythological names and ideas.  Sadly, the PMs that contained most of the info went poof sometime between then and now.  I might be able to reconstruct what we had, but I don't know where Crealo is.  She kind of poofed herself after I did the first post.

Anonymous

Quote from: "BromideUmbrella"A thread would be loverly. :3

Sweet! I'll create a thread, and then I'll edit this post with a link to it.

EDIT: Here it is!

Anonymous

I remember the gunpowder thing... it was part of a plot between Quantum Shaman and myself that got nowhere because he couldn't decide whether or not he wanted to stay in SotE.   Seeing the sort of crap that goes into and comes out of guns makes me think putting one of those substances in your body is generally a bad idea.  Even if it makes God talk to you and the landscape look purtier.

I really should hit the cosmic reset button on the Maverikko family so Alcée could be back in 'laoth.  He'd get addicted to a drug in a heartbeat XD It'd work swimmingly if the drug was a normal substance once it was magicked into existance.

I've also got the Syndicate, who've been loitering around since the Dread Army was still around.  They're always willing to help people get what they want, for 'donations' XD  It also needs more people than the crop of NJCs I keep spawning for it.

I've also got a necromancer that I'd be willing to throw into any Necromantian revival plots.   Samari's not quite the person you'd want teaching magic.  Since (like the mage in the Sorcerer's Apprentice part of Fantasia) he believes an apprenticeship is 70% housework, 20% watching/being an extra set of hands and 10% instruction.   He's more the make undead things and various potions while wallowing in high social status type of necromancer XD

Rhindeer

Yay! Another druggie to join Beatrid! xDDD Booyaka!

And...that's about the most articulate thing I can say right now. x3 Since I be sleepy.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

I'm reviving this thread. *resurrects with a Phoenix Down!*

I feel very...ambitious and motivated right now.

So let's see. What sorts of big plots would you like to see? :3 Because I think SotE needs a good, big plot or event that can unify a bunch of stuff, even if it IS a raid or something somewhere, or a natural disaster, or a disease. ^_^ And let's see, looking back on some of the stuff that was once discussed...

Twitchy: Do you want a library in Necromantia? And a military academy? If so, just give me the details!

What does everyone else think about a school of magic for somewhere else, as was suggested? Where should it go?

We still need more members on the Necromantian council!

What's everyone think about an IC newspaper of sorts? And people getting to submit articles in-character? :3 And how would we go about making one? Like what topics would it cover?

Hmm...and if anyone else has ideas and stuff, share!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rhi-Rhi"So let's see. What sorts of big plots would you like to see? :3 Because I think SotE needs a good, big plot or event that can unify a bunch of stuff, even if it IS a raid or something somewhere, or a natural disaster, or a disease.

Hey! I'm working on that! Sorta...slowly...it went south. I forgot to keep an eye on it. >_<;; Really got get the Drugs of Temptation thing going again. Need more people to play druggies in Connlaoth. Grrr to the people not playing druggies or drug runners or drug dealers, etc, etc.

Also, I'd like to see a certain Desert city get created. Something that starts with an S and ends with another S. Might have a oli in the middle, can't remember how to spell it. >_>

Anonymous

QuoteTwitchy: Do you want a library in Necromantia? And a military academy? If so, just give me the details!

Hmm the school kind of doubles a combination normal school/military academy, but as for a library that would be awesome! I'll get started on details as well as the previuosly mentioned cultural information as soon as I'm caught up with all my threads, which should be sometime soon.

As for a school somewhere else, how about in... Adela or Serendipity. Actually no, how about a hidden school of magic somewhere in Connlaoth? Sounds fun, yes?

As for the IC newspaper, not sure how it could be made but I think each major civilization- each kingdom, plus La'marri, Zantaric, Yoreiq, etc- should have it's own newspaper covering whatever issues surface there.