Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SotE Screen Names!

Started by Goldie, June 22, 2007, 07:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

So, I'm bored, and thought that I would post something for everyone to enjoy ^_^

How did you come about with your SotE screen name?  What made you choose it?  Any fun stories behind your choice?  How long have you used it?

So, to start things off, here is the story behind "Gold".

It started way back in the 6th grade (back in 1999).  It was in April, because my friends and I were celebrating my 12th birthday.  We were running around outside, and with my overactive imagination, I thought that I saw an "apparition" that was holding a lantern shining with a gold light.  I ran inside and I told all of my friends. (Of course we were all royally freaked out).  Later that night, my one friend pulled me aside and said that she had seen something like it before, only the lantern was blue.  She told me that she and her cousins had magic powers and they had colors associated with them.  She was blue, and her cousins were red and green.  So, naturally, I was the one they were "looking for" and Gold was added to the numbers.  We had a little notebook and everything that we passed to one another in school and kept a diary of sorts.  We called eachother by our colors.  Then another friend said that she had powers too and hers were white, so our little group was increased to 5 and we began calling ourselves the "Olympians" because all of the colors were the colors of the Olympic rings.  (minus the fact that it's yellow, blue, green, red, and BLACK...but we were 12, give us a break)

Anyways, I joined a website called The Young Writers Club (TYWC) and my screen name on there was Gold.  And ever since then, Gold has been my screen name.

XD

I look back on it and just laugh.  It really is quite humurous!  At one point my older sister found our notebook and read it, then took a piece of red paper, wrote on it with red nail polish something about coming after us.  It royally freaked us out and my friend "Blue" took it home and locked it in a box with a cross on top of it to keep the "evil" at bay XD  I think it was about then that we thought it was too dangerous to continue, and by 8th grade we stopped playing altogether.

So there you have it!  The history behind Gold ^_^

Rhindeer

Ahahah...omg Gold. That's just fantastic. xDDD Reminds me of something I did with one of my friends when I was 7. We were outside, I found a piece of bark, and it looked like it had a bull design on it...so I randomly made up this story about how it was a message from "Cathy Devil"...and then SOMEHOW this whole thing with "slimy hands" got invented. You know those things you can get out of quarter machines that are, well...sticky hands? Those were what those were. Only they lived in the air conditioning vents and popped out and tried to grab you. My friend and I even wrote notes to each other as Cathy Devil and by that time my friend had come up with some friend of Cathy Devil's.

>_> We're weird.

Anyway! My username. Well. My current one is pretty self explainable. xD My name's Rhiannon but people have always called me Rhi or Rhi-Rhi for short. So ta-da!

The only other name it was before this was Small Wonder. Oh man. THAT is the name that has history.

It all started when I was about 10. You know how some schools have fund raisers selling shirts? One of my friends had that, and one of the shirts being sold I just...fell in love with but was never able to get. It was of a little white tiger cub staring at a mossy log, and on the mossy log was this pretty butterfly. The caption on the shirt was "Small Wonder". I really liked the oxymoron, and I really liked the image and meaning. *_* I drew lotsa pictures after that with that theme.

Then a few years later when I was...12 I believe, I joined my first RPG, a wolf/dragon/horse/unicorn one called The Everlasting Heart Territory. My first character? An undersized female wolf named Small Wonder. <3

So of course I'd use it here, too, at the first (and only) RPG I've ever made. xD Although sometime this year or last year I just switched to "Rhi-Rhi" because everyone calls me Rhi and no one has ever called me Small Wonder, SW, or Small except at the EHT for a while. xD

And ta-da~! That's the story.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

LMAO!  Wow, kids really do the strangest things XD and it appears that all of us had over active imaginations!  That's fantastic!!  I loved those sticky hands things!  Although, goop was my favorite ^_^  It smelled terrible, but it was so much fun to play with it in your hands and chase your sister around trying to throw it at one another!  That and silly putty *nods*

As for t-shirts....the only shirt I ever wanted when I was little was the Jump Rope for Heart shirt!  But I never raised 35 dollars so I never got one ;_;

And....I think that your story is better XD

Anonymous

Hee. Those are both GREAT stories, and kind of hilarious.

My username is kind of obvious... in that it's my actual name... Heh.

The other username I use almost everywhere, though, is allfireburns, and that's from a line in Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - "All fire burns, little baby. You'll learn." It's actually the one username besides Aubrey that I've managed to keep anywhere for any real length of time.

Anonymous

My nickname came up as an attempt to make something sounding oriental.  Shentino was the pick out of the hat, and I liked it ever since.

I used to call myself gpfault on various fora.

Anonymous

When we first got the internet on home PC when I was like Year 8 (don't know what grade for for all you Americans) I was aged 12 or 13 anyway, I wanted to set up an email account but when I tried my real name it had like 4 numbers after it. So instead I chose to have an account named after my pet rabbit called mia_rabbit_of_doom.
     Then when I got a deviantart account I decided to grow up a little and it became MiatheRabbit and has been ever since. I even changed my email to mia61 (6/1 being my birthday ^^) because it's better to give my un lecturers O.o

Origin of my Rabbit's name if anone's interested.
She's white and grey and grey is like blue and I love Mia from Golden Sun, she rules ^^

Anonymous

Wow you all have really good reasons and storys.

My screen name is really quite .... boring.. well the meaning behind it anyway.

basically my real name is Shannon.

And somehow someone came up with the nickname for me, Shanni.
But I didnt like it and never really liked the name shan, or as some of my friends thought highly amusing to call me all the time - shan-shan.

Then.. dont ask me how as Im not quite sure, her mind works in strange ways, my best friend came up with Shazzlyo. Which then over time shortened to Shazzi and occasionally shaz.

I liked it and it just kind of stuck...

hikaru.dream

I usually use the same username every where until I get bored of it.

The first one I used was crystalshine (on neopets). I was into 'Crystal' at the time, and my friend stuck 'shine' on the end.
The next one was midnightshadow, which I copied from the same friend only with shadow at the end.

Then I got obsessed with Angelic Layer/Magic Knight Rayearth, so I started to like 'hikaru'.
After coming to Japan, I really understood what 'hikaru' means.
And, I wanted the future to be bright and never give up, so I used 'dream'.

And that's the beginning of it.
Now I have a lot of usernames with hikaru in them XD

Anonymous

I may as well tell my story, while we're at it.

My username, which I have used for more years than I can count now, comes from two different nicknames I've had.

First, back in middle school (7th and 8th grade...ages 11-13 for you non-americans) I used to wear hats constantly. Around that time I met one of my brother's friends (whom he's still friends with today) and he gave me the nickname of 'hat'.

Fast forward a bit to somewhere near the end of 8th grade. I'm a band nerd (trumpet player) and I had made the all-city band that year. On the day of the concert rehearsal, my band director told us to show up, literally, "On time with a smile on your face". So I did. Just before leaving, I had one of my parents take a sharpie and write the word 'smile' across my forehead. Fast forward a little more to the end of that July, I was beginning my freshman year of high school, my first summer band experience with one of the best high school marching bands in Texas. I decided once again to write 'smile' across my forehead one day, and one of my other section members gave me the nickname of Smiley which has stuck to this day. (Even now, I introduce myself as Smiley in any non-formal occasion.)

So, some time later (I forget exactly when this was) I was signing up for something...I think it was my hotmail email account. I was trying to think of a good name to use that I could remember without being stuck with a series of numbers. I decided to combine the two nicknames, and I have been Smileyhat ever since.

Anonymous

Username history, huh?

Well, when I first started RPing on the web (about eighth grade, I think) my username wasn't what it is today...it was lightpaladin. Chief reason being just before I entered high school, I only had a minor understanding of D&D and the paladin class seemed so intriguing to me. And I was EXTREMELY optimistic at the time, for I saw the light in some otherwise bad situations...hence the "light" part of the name.

Then I started developing an interest in angels. I got interested in both angeology(sp?) and fantasy/anime angels. I even started using "Angel" as a nickname in high school. But it wasn't until sophomore year that I became interested in the aspect of chaos as well, in both the good and the bad forms, light and darkness.  I began to accept the fact that life can sometimes be good or sometimes screw you over, hence "chaos". Yet chaos is a good thing (see my sig). I did a drawing of an angel that represents chaos...light and darkness.

So that's how the username Angel of Chaos (or AOC for short) came to be.

Anonymous

Wow, this is kind of neat even though it's old! I think I'll post here.
I have always loved foxes and other wolfy foxey type things. I have a fox like character I started writing with a friend forever ago. However this nickname only came up recently.

My boyfriend was trying to find a nickname to give me and I was like "I like foxes" and was telling him what the Japanese word for it is. He said "That's Perfect!" The Code comes from a video that describes him well:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v4Wy7gRGgeA

=^_^=
There it is :D

Anonymous

Hey, this is a pretty cool idea for a thread. All those questions I've had about others' usernames! Finally answered! But... they just raise more questions...

Because I'm sure that there are plenty of other random-letter folk on the board who don't want to make themselves look silly by saying it... I'll step up and admit that "Siyengo" came from a bunch of random letters. 8D But it's been my internet handle for almost five years now, and I'm rather fond of it. I mean, it almost rhymes with "mango!"

(There was this one incident when somebody from South Africa emailed me, saying that it was his surname, and asking how I'd come about calling myself that... I had to admit to him that it was just random syllables. That was a bit embarrassing. It would be an awesome name to have, though!)

...actually, now that I've looked through the board... there AREN'T that many random-letter folk. :P Oops.

Oh well, nice talking to you all! *waves*

Anonymous

I think I'll jump on the band wagon ^.^ As reading about people's names was pretty neat.

Mine is pretty straight forward. From a very young age, I've loved zombies. I have a piece of homework from like....kindergarten/first grade that asks what we want to be when we grow up and space to draw a picture of it. Mine has the darkly written then erased attempts at spelling Necromancer and finally settled on Queen of the Zombies. Because I could spell those words. And there is a stick figure drawing of me standing with a green stick figure with one leg.

As I got older, I decided that my plan for when the zombie apocalypse was to take over the zombies as their Queen and start a zombie bordello. Because zombies are hot, yo.

In a class in my Freshman year of high school, I was reading about Russian history. And decided that Czarina was the best royalty name ever. So I would now be the Czarina of the zombies as opposed to the Queen. It has a more exciting ring to it.

And I started using that as an online handle to avoid having to use numbers behind my name. Though to fit it into letter requirements, it went from Czarina of the Zombies to zombieczarina.

Not the most exciting story ^.^;; but there it is.

Anonymous

O.O Zombies!

Have you seen the parody of Shoes called Brains? You might giggle till you loose a limb.

Anonymous

The one with the zombie girls talking like valley girls about the brains they want? If it is that one, then yes ^.^ And I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

Anonymous

That would be the one indeed. XD

Anonymous

I've always enjoyed threads like these.  x3

I gave a kind of brief explanation on my name in my intro thread, but I'll tell the whole story here.

A friend and I are really into Bleach, an anime series that's a lot better than it sounds.  We decided to rp Bleach one day, and I came up with my character, a young shinigami.  In Bleach, shinigami are the good guys, and their weapons are zanpakuto, swords that usually look like your ordinary katana.  Each zanpakuto is unique to the shinigami, has a name, and is sentient.  The name of my shinigami's zanpakuto is Aikoku Ryuu, The Mourning Dragon.

I just decided to use it as my name, partly cuz I'm tired of using Ree (which is the name of my shinigami), and partly cuz I love the way the name sounds. xD

Anonymous

I'm sort of eccentric about my screen names; Pony Acid, The King Goo, et cetera.  I try to be a laid back, open guy so a jester came to mind...  And what do jesters do? They juggle!  Thus, Juggling Jester. =P

Anonymous

DONNIE LING MOFO.

-cough- That is your name.

Anonymous

Fools the character so it makes sense to make my user name that:D

Naw, The Fool is a bastardisation of Robin Hobb's creation Fool/Amber/Lord Golden/Beloved in the Farseer trilogy, live ship traders and tawney man trilogies. He's a fantastic character and while i've made some additions to make him my Fool, his mannerisms appearence are similar to Beloved when he was fool.

:D