Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

SotE Screen Names!

Started by Goldie, June 22, 2007, 07:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

My astrological sign is Leo, and when I was little I remember lions to be my ultimate favorite animal (Now I love all animals equally).  Because I like astrology (and astronomy) and am into the stories behind the different signs, their meanings and such, I thought "Why not choose my own" and so that's how I came to the name Lion.

And I also like what the lion represents.

Well, that's the end.  That is how I (my name) came to be.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

I've had a few names on message boards: Just_some_random, Shivala Lynx Freya, Freya_O_Earth and mdu_ntr. "Random" was because I was on a board with some friends snd they didn't know it was me. "Shivala" was adapted from "Shivalan" from The Einarinn series and the middle name is my fave animal (see my userpic). "Freya" was because I am an Earth Dragon in Chinese astrology and an Earth sign (Virgo) in Western artrology and Freya is a Norse goddess of what I thought was nature and the hunt. Wrong!

mdu_ntr is Ancient Egyptian and it translates as "devine speach" or "god's words", which is what they called writing. The gods gave writing to the pharoah's. I used to know a bit but now all I remember is "mdu ntr n ka n hats shps ra", which means "devine speach (writing) for the spirit of (to offer) the honourable, nobel Ra".