Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Breach ((Vince))

Started by Anonymous, June 22, 2007, 08:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Anjild." Her head was down, raven hair falling forward to cloak her face, but Tournali knew her brother the moment he stepped into her room.  She stood and turned, her shoulders back and neck straight, and ushered him closer with a graceful wave of her hand. "Please, come in."

Anjild studied his sister, brows drawn together. He came closer to her but did not sit in the high-backed plush ivory chair, opting to rest his hand on it instead. After a moment's pause, he simply stated his reason for being there. "There has been a breach, in the cellars. Someone got in."

Tournali didn't bat an eye. "Any damages?"

"No." Anjild let out a breath and visibly relaxed; his rigid posture loosening, his face softening. "There were no damages. We caught him; I believe he was covert, trying to get information. Apparently, it's been leaked that we're  experimenting with new types of plant concoctions."

The corner of her mouth lifted, but her eyes were steely despite their vivid colour. "Well, we'll have to do something about that. I'll see what I can do in regards to propaganda."

Anjild sent silent thanks to his dead parents for gracing him with such a level-headed sister. "Of course."

A rap came at the heavy wooden door. Tournali breezed by her brother, the many layers of light blue fabric flowing like liquid around her as she did. She pulled the door open and peered at a lightly armed guard, one of the few they kept within the actual house. "Yes, Carsel, what is it?"

The guard, young but dedicated, looked away in vague embarassment at the use of his first name. "My lady, you and your brother have a visitor. He requests an audience."

Tournali turned her head to glance at her brother, who simply nodded. When she turned back, there was a soft smile gracing her mouth. "We shall meet with him."

The guard Carsel turned and Tournali swept out of the room, her brother following (albeit less gracefully) behind her. His long strides brought him up to her side quickly, and he addressed his sister with a straight face but humour in his eyes. "Your speech is a trifle... archaic."

"And your wardrobe is a trifle boring." Tournali replied with the same monotony, but her smile widening into a grin which showed off the top row of her small, perfect teeth. "

To that, Anjild had no reply but a quiet chuckle. The entrance to the reception chamber in sight, he offered his arm to his sister and set his features harsh and serious. Her arm slipped through his, and they entered the room, one severe, the other regal.

Anonymous

Sentremin stood like a statue in the rear of the room.  As the entered, he inhaled deeply.

"Duke.  Duchess."

With a stride forward and a heavy, metallic thunk, he crossed his arms and allowed his muscles to tighten.

"I've been hearing many things of certain... happenings within these walls of yours."

Anonymous

Tournali inclined her head graciously toward Sentremin, smiling at him in good humour. "Hello to you as well, Sentremin." There was a playful light in her eyes even while her voice dictated nothing but removed dignity.

Anjild nodded once - a short, fast jerk of his chin, down then up again. "Yes. We've had our cellars infiltrated by a spy. Just one, and we're yet unsure of who he is or where he came from." He glanced at his sister, who returned his look. Something unsaid passed between them, and Anjild returned his gaze to Sentremin. "We believe it has something to do with our herbalists' experimentations."

Her brother left her an opening, and Tournali swept right in to elaborate. "They have been turning out remedies to common illnesses, as well as a detoxifier. The detoxing serum is still in it's first phases, but each variant is closer and closer to a total system purifier. There has been news from Connloath that drug use has increased enough to alert the reigning parties there; this spy may be connected."

"Since you're here," Anjild lifted his hand at the wrist in a subtle motion, and Tournali sat down, perching lithely on the edge of one of the chairs at the head of the room, "we would value your thoughts."

Anonymous

Sentremin raised a spiky eyebrow.

"I would be pleased to see whatever you wish to show me, though I would enjoy meeting this 'spy' you've caught.  I'm quite sure my methods would get the information we all want to know."

He leaned his head back and shook it a bit, allowing his hair to fall into it's normal place.

Anonymous

Anjild's jaw clenched, but Tournali spoke before he got a chance.

Ever the honest one, she spoke exactly what was on her mind. "You're the head of Seredipity's militia, so we'lll leave everything up to you. Anjild," she stood and touched her brother's forearm, drawing his cold stare from Sentremin, "I will show him to the holding chamber."

The calming effect she had on him was instantaneous and noticeable. "I will  be in the left wing with Jesien." A curt nod to Sentremin, and Anjild turned and disappeared through the door.

Tournali stepped lightly toward Sentremin, her clothes seeming to flow and flutter of their own accord, as if the very breath of her aura moved them in odd, alien ways. It was in her character to always speak, act and move with dignified grace, and she did so even as she twined her arm loosely with his and turned him, leading him out the opposite end of the chamber.

"We have him guarded in our dungeon. It's small, but serves us nicely." She blinked at him and tilted her head to the side slightly, her hair falling over one shoulder. "If you aren't too removed from the idea, I believe I will not accompany you into the holding chamber. You may question him in the presence of my guards."

Anonymous

"I trust your guards are used to the procedures of interrogation.  If not, then I suggest having them watch the door.  And only the door."

He followed her as he spoke, his thunderous steps echoing about the structure.

Anonymous

"Anjild has trained them well." Tournali smiled at Sentremin with the same smooth, generic kindness which was presented to all people, excluding her brother. It was a lovely smile, but a ghost of what it could be; it hinted that, if there were honest happiness behind it, it could be stunning.

Upon reaching the door, she unhooked herself from Sentremin and waved her hand idly in the air. Immediately, the two guards flanking the door stepped to the side and put their arms at their sides. They, like everyone else at Castle Anmare, knew who was truly in charge. Tournali turned, her face switching from blank and businesslike to bright and welcoming. "Here. He is inside, along with three of our best guards." She looked to the side and behind her at one of the men watching the door. He turned his head only once, to nod at Tournali, and went silently into the room.

Tournali watched Sentremin quietly and with open curiosity until the guard stepped out of the room again. Then she spoke, and stepped away from the door, leaving him room to enter. "After you. Please be humane - you know women," the voice was even but her eyes shone with bright colour through their usual cloudiness, "we have such weak constitutions."