Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

new beginning or ending?

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2007, 04:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The tall teen stumbled into the town of Cerenis the sun beating down on his already fevered skin. His dark blue eyes were glazed over with sickness as another wave of violent coughing forced him to his knees, why did he have to have another attack why in all places?. Hotaru forced himself to his feet and continued to stagger though the streets his stomach gave a painful lurch gods he was starving it seemed like forever since he had anything to eat  it might has well been it wasn't like the slave masters laid out a buffet for the slaves they were selling anyway. The world was begging to tip at a funny angle and the next thing he knew he was lying on the ground with people surrounding him his fuzzy hearng picked up what they were saying.

"poor boy he looks dehydrated"
"emaciated too"
"proably another street rat orphan like this town needs anymore of those food stealing pests"
"perhaps your right"

"Damn how do I get myslef into these messes?" he thought before losing his senses to unconsciousness.

Anonymous

Rime wandered through the town, awed by everything she saw. How could people stand to live in these towns? Didn’t the smell or the sheer number of people deter them? She had no idea that Cerenis, while prosperous, was not the biggest city in Le’raana. She would have loved to leave; being among so many real people made her uneasy. Still, the ghost didn't like crowds any better than she did, and she wanted to have some peace.

She paused, hearing snatches of conversation. Someone was dehydrated and starved. Really, people were so fragile. Sometimes she was glad that she was just a homunculus, an object animated by magic. She didn’t have half as much to worry about.

She looked curiously at the boy the people referred to. He did look sick, she decided. "He's my brother." she lied for him, choosing spontaneously to help him. She had nothing else to do, anyways. "He's been sick from childhood and we all have to take care of him." She smiled disarmingly. Lying was fun; she decided that she would do it more often.

It wasn't that preposterous of a lie. She was every bit as skinny as he was, the result of having a master who wanted to save on building supplies. She dragged him into the shade and propped him against the wall.

The people had said that he was starving and dehydrated, which meant that he needed food and water. She wondered where she could get some without any money.

Anonymous

The group of people looked at the girl , one elderly woman spoke up "well you should keep better tabs on him deary " and the crowd dispersed.

Hotaru moaned as he was dragged and propped up on what felt like a wall , "Damn why in hell am I so weak all the time!" he cursed in his mind but deciding the cool shade was much better than the hot sun. Weakly he opened one eye then both a figure of a girl came into his line of vision . "Who are you?" he asked

Anonymous

Rime stuck her tongue out at the old crone. Meddlesome hag. She didn't need advice, especially from old, condescending busybodies. She wasn't anyone's deary. She would rip the woman's tongue out, but that would be too messy, and anyways, she had to save the boy's skin.

Oh, great. Of all the people she could have wasted her time saving, she chose the rude one. "I believe you're supposed to say thank you." she informed him, though without any rancor. It would have been nice to be thanked. She wasn't a servant anymore.

"Who are you?" she asked. In her opinion, she had the right to ask him; after all, she was the one who may have just saved his life. "You're too stupid to drink some water and you're as skinny as...well...you're skinnier than me." She grinned at the thought. He was skinnier than she was, though he certainly had eaten more food in his lifetime. "And you're stupider than an ass." she added as an afterthought.

Anonymous

"My name's Hotaru and thank you I guess," the teen said his long brown bangs hanging in front of his eyes he brushed them away annoyingly "but you still didn't answer my question, who are you?'

Anonymous

(OOC: Isn't Hotaru Dragon's character?)