Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Skylight Planning

Started by Anonymous, September 20, 2007, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Virtue knew to stand outside Ketra's prestigous Skylight Hotel because her creator, Alexiannastraziel, told her as much; and, the loyal proxy she was, she did as she was bidden. She was waiting patiently for the arrivial of Norriden and the others, who all sought rest from the day's tiring series of events.
They had come from one confrontation in Arca to another, more complicated confrontation in Ketra in one very long day. Unfortunately, Virtue herself was unable to witness the resolution of the situation at the Forum building, but it had to have been good in some respect if Norriden and the others were now coming to rest.
Virtue pondered the fate of Kynrei as she waited. Did that red clad man succeed in finishing her off? She couldn't know, as her body expired in Kynrei's defense, before she was remade by Alexian to stand at the Skylight's entrance.
Perhaps Norriden would bring the news.

She watched the few nobles enter or leave the building sporadically, and they glanced in her direction, almost as if they could sense that there just wasn't something normal about her.
Virtue shook her head; the living would always be strange to her.
She continued to watch the sky, waiting patiently for the party to show.

Anonymous

Norriden eventually touched down directly in front of the Skylight Inn. He really didn't show any sign of surprise to see Virtue. It's only natural for a proxy to be where the High Seraphim plans things. Though, he did smile when he spotted her. Before long, Tesri landed behind Norriden and placed Rosa onto her feet. They both walked up and stood beside Norriden. Noubohri finally landed with Doji in his arms. The only difference with him is that he continued to hold Doji within his arms, not really wanting to let go. Only one other in Norriden's heart remained at a distance from this picture, this very moment. Eventually, that gap will be closed and ever moment that passes by brings him closer to that moment.

Anonymous

Seconds after Noubohri landed Zaphikel and Satrina landed, one on each side of him. Zaphikel retracted his wings immediately, but Satrina raised her arms and wings above her in a leisurely stretch. Then stretched her arms in front of her, extended her wings as far behind her as they would go and after holding the position for a few seconds dropped her arms and fluttered her wings.

"Aaah," she purred. "Nothing like a little wing stretch."

While Satrina was stretching, Zaphikel was looking at their new surroundings. It looked like they were standing in front of an inn. Perfect! If they were all going to rest, he could talk to Doji! Satrina!

Satrina almost flinched at Zaphikel's overeager telepathy. She looked at him and shrugged, holding her hands palm-up.

If we're going to spend some time here, I'll need to speak with Doji, alone.

Satrina grinned and raised both her eyebrows a couple times.

Zaphikel's eyes widened, he raised his hands like he was trying to fend off an attack and for a moment it looked like he was going to say something outloud. He scowled instead, tying his hair back into its loose ponytail with the ribbon. You need to take a cold bath...

If only she could reply to him without Noubohri and Doji hearing! Doji probably wouldn't mind, but she didn't know how Noubohri would react and she thought both would be disturbed just a tad if they first words that came out of her mouth were a musing about what cold water and a thin jacket would result in. So she just waggled her eyebrows at Zaphikel and winked at him.

Anonymous

Virtue watched as the group touched down in front of the Skylight, nodding to them. "I am glad that all of you could make it here. I have already secured us a room for the night, room 309.
"A fine place you have chosen to stay at once again. Alexiannastraziel herself favors this earthly location, and Sir Elial arrived here only moments ago as well."
Virtue turned to show them the way to the room, but stopped when she noticed something; she noticed that the group seemed slightly smaller. She turned back, cocked her head to her right side, and asked Norriden, "Sir Utor, where are some of the others? Sir Tangent? Lady Insera? Sir Neseraph? Lady Morrigan? Lady Kure? ...Kynrei? Did something happen?"

Radiance peeked out the window of the high-class diner diagonally across the street from the Skylight Hotel. The diner was closed and darkened on this particular day, but it offered the proxy a good vantage point for his task. He had been watching Virtue for what seemed like an hour, a dreadfully boring task but, nonetheless, one that he had to do.
He smirked a little when he saw Alexian's band of goons land near her, and he inched back away from the window. He knew exactly why he was here, and he understood the importance of it for his Creator. Mother was going to be busy attending to a few other things, so she had to abandon her watch for some time. For one thing, she had Isabella to watch over until the kid made it in to Reajh the following afternoon. She had other business in Reajh as well, such as finalizing the deal to have Reigne's sword delivered to her and a few other meetings. And, of course, she always had to steer Nazune's new life in Reajh too -- a very time-consuming and meticulous matter in itself.
And that was where he came in -- to keep an eye on Alexian's naive twits and make sure they weren't concocting any surprises in their downtime while she attended to all of that. Three in particular she wanted to be kept under watch as best as possible during her absence:
Norriden, naturally.
Elial, who needed to be kept on a short leash until it his time; bastard knew Mother's true name...
And also Satrina, who had been contacted by her and with whom a deal was currently pending.
Radiance smirked; making deals, that was Mother's budding business.

Anonymous

Kaité landed next to Norriden, just on time to hear Virtue's concern for the others. She decided to interject before Norriden could open his mouth.
"Kynrei is fine, Virtue. In fact, due to timing of my healing her, she somehow lost everything that defined her as a proxy. She's human and completely free from Mother now. Morrigan took the individual that attacked the two of you into custody. All is well." Hopefully, Kaité's reassurance will resolve a couple of the concerns. Norriden nodded and was stopped yet again by Noubohri interrupting him.
"Neseraph and Insera found it was necessary to leave on a side objective to help some of their friends. They may return with help, they may not. Kure was returned to Province to help rebuild the Godsend as Elial's wish." At this time, Noubohri had placed Doji onto her feet as he spoke. Regardless, she was still attached to him. That only leaves the whereabouts of Tangent. Almost everyone looked around before Rosa decided to make herself known.
"Tangent didn't make it. He was what I assume to be vaporized in the rush of energy that left the building damaged." With the woman's words, Norriden lowered his head upon hearing that. He had no idea.

Anonymous

Zaphikel had the grace to look a little embarrassed when he put two and two together after hearing Kaité speak. So Morrigan's victim was attacking Virtue and Kynrei? Why? This was confusing... Zaphikel raised a hand to an eyebrow and began to rub it gently.

Satrina stopped grinning as soon as Zaphikel stopped looking at her and tried to follow along with the recap. Morrigan, Kynrei, Neseraph, Insera, Kure and Tangent were all gone in one way or another. She hadn't spent enough time around any of them to hope they would get back safely or die with glory. With non-Malakim around it was always hard to guess just how someone died. Non-Malakim were always sad when one of their's died.

Anonymous

Virtue listened to all of the responses, lowering her head when the grim report on Tangent was given. "I see... we have lost a good comrade today. May his sacrifice not be in vain."
She lifted her head back up, and said to them, "Come. I will show you to the room."
Virtue entered the Skylight then, and the Hotel looked as expensive and as extravagant as ever. As she led the way toward the ascending stairs across the extensively decorated and furnished lobby, she couldn't help but be curious about and endlessly reiterate Kynrei's fate in her mind.
She was no longer a proxy? She was human now? It seemed impossible for her to even rebel against her Creator, much less so gain life. It simply just couldn't have happened... and yet it did. Kynrei defied all the rules, all the natural laws, and came out of it all for the better. How? How could this be so?
There was no logical explanation for it, and the more Virtue's mind labored on deciphering it, the more she was lost on the whole matter. Maybe... maybe she didn't have the capability to see the answer? Perhaps it was impossible for a Proxy to imagine anything else besides what they were created for and bidden to do? Was there such a limitation? Did Kynrei find a way to overcome it?
Before Virtue realized it, she was standing in front of the door to room 309. She couldn't remember how long she had simply been standing there in front of it, so lost in thought.
She shook her head, then opened the door and stood to the side.

Radiance took another quick glance out the window of the diner, seeing Virtue enter the Hotel then.
They were on the move.
He needed to get close to Satrina, just in case she was ready to begin negotiations. Pity that she was surrounded by all of the other dimwits, that made it hard if not impossible.
Well, maybe not impossible. He smiled when he just thought of a way, ducking back behind the cover of the diner's walls.

Anonymous

Kaité and Rosa began following Virtue when she started moving. Tesri found it necessary to follow close behind Kaité. Before he could move, Norriden found his mother's hand on his shoulder. He turned to face her as she remained wrapped around Noubohri.
"Norri, dear. Your father and I are going to get a room of our own. I hope you understand." Doji spoke, looking up to Noubohri's face then back to Norriden as she did. Norriden simply smiled and nodded his head. He understands that they have been apart for so long and need some time to catch up. The demonic angel turned away from his parents and proceeded to follow the crowd.
"I hope the two of you understand as well." Doji adds, turning to her two attendants. The last thing she would need was having some alone time with her love denied.

Norriden was slightly confused when he saw that Virtue was somewhat dazed in front of the door to their respective room when he approached. Kaité was about to reach out to nudge the proxy before she came to and entered the room. Rosa looked to the green haired angel and shrugged before she entered the room. Kaité sighed as Tesri chuckled while they both followed Rosa in. Norriden was still confused.

Anonymous

((Sorry for the delay, I've been playing musical chairs with the world these last couple days.))

Zaphikel tried not to react too dramatically when Doji told her son that she and Noubohri needed a room to themselves. For the time being he succeeded, but he couldn't convince himself that they had anything innocent in mind and the colour slowly began to drain out of his face. This was going to be awkward...

Satrina couldn't help but notice Z's sudden paleness. It was charmingly strange, a former demon getting flustered by the mere thought of sex. For a moment she wondered if she should let him explain the cause of his sudden distress, he was her primary attendant and a proper Tri-Sept agent. Satrina was just a temporary fill-in, she didn't have the authority to go rattling off on Tri-Sept policies. Plus, it'd be fun to watch Zaphikel do it. She tried not to grin too widely when Doji turned and asked if they understood her need for privacy.

Zaphikel couldn't look away from Doji, no matter how tempting it was to stare at a wall. He considered asking Satrina to explain, since she would probably manage it with more grace than he would - and wouldn't end up sounding like an asshole. Her grin was about as clear as if she managed to learn telepathy and 'pathed 'knock em dead killer!', so that was a dead end. Zaphikel began to rub his eyebrow again, leaning into his hand like it was giving him lines, then looked back up at Doji.

"Doji... we can't let you out of our sight. We can't keep you from...-"

"Fucking your lover," Satrina added, grinning.

Zaphikel groaned, he wasn't going to say that, it was far too blunt. He'd better finish explaining before Satrina took it into her own hands again. "Yes... that... or anything really. One of us always has to be with you, no matter what. It's a security matter."

Anonymous

Virtue was honestly puzzled when Kaite sighed and Tesri chuckled, but didn't think too much of it. Now it was just her and Norriden still out in the hallway, and she turned her gaze on him. She didn't have the capability to truly understand what he was going through, though Alexian had relayed to her that it was 'a terrible, terrible thing'. What she could see though, as no doubt the others did as well, were the behavioral changes that he occasionally experienced, like when Radiance first came upon the party back in Arca.
She smiled slightly, asking, "Sir Utor, how are you feeling? I trust that you are doing reasonably well?"

It was like a surreal dream, even for a High Seraphim.
Not even that long ago, Elial died in her own arms, seemingly lost to her forever. And now, here they were, against all the rules and against all odds... together.
Alexiannastraziel had waited for him patiently on the second to top floor of the Skylight, even took the spare time to have Virtue order a professional musician to play in her room -- one of the services offered in the Skylight Hotel. Elial had come in through the open window of her suite, smiling as brightly and as lovingly as she remembered at her. They kissed and embraced, something that they couldn't do very often before and only on Heaven or Earth, until a knocking on the door told them that the musician was there.
They slow danced together to the calm, soothing piano playing the genial, tailcoat-wearing musician offered. Alexian rested her head on Elial's shoulder as they danced. It felt so good to be there with him, even if she were not truly present in person, just represented through her avatar. Not only were they catching up on their affection after Elial's death, but through all of the many, many years that they were forced to stay apart. She didn't want it to end... she wanted this one, small moment to go on forever.
So she wrapped her arms around his waist, only to be caught by a chilling thought. Even though Elial wanted not to worry about anything tonight, Alexian was compelled to ask, "Is it true, Elial? Everything that you said...?"
He kissed the top of her head lightly, and was slow to answer with, "Shhh... not tonight, Alexian. Not now."
That was all he had to say. Alexian looked up into his eyes then and spoke with an uncertain voice, "I... I am not sure that I can finish what I have started. Not while I can have you here..." she choked up, unable to speak for a moment, as two tears rolled out of her eyes, "...with me. She... she must have known this. That she could use you against me."
Elial took in a steady breath, not breaking eye contact. He was reluctant to say then, "Then her plan will be in vain. Alexian... I will fight against her, no matter the cost to myself. For our beloved daughter, who she made me slay in cold blood."
Alexian only began to cry harder after he spoke, allowing her head to fall back onto his shoulder. She held him just a little tighter, as if her grasp was the only thing keeping him alive. "And then you would leave me to spend all eternity alone... with only fleeting memories of you and our daughter."
Elial just gently put his right hand against the back of her head; he had no tears to shed, but he could feel the weight of Alexian's overwhelming sorrow in his throat. He was adamant, and it was already decided. He kissed the top of her head again.
He knew she would have a difficult time letting him go again, for the final time.

Anonymous

Noubohri's eyebrows rose up as he heard Satrina's blunt statement. Though it wasn't really called for, the archangel knew how Doji was. In turn, making the statement true on its own. Before he could mutter a word or object in some way, Doji's delicate hand slipped next to his cheek and pulled his attention towards her.
"I don't think my beloved would mind a pair of observers. I'm sure we could educate the two of you with a few tricks." Doji noted to her attendants just before she pressed her lips upon Noubohri's, lightly biting his bottom lip before she pulled back. All Noubohri could do was widen his eyes to go with his already raised eyebrows. He acted as if he didn't have any say in the matter. Without any further exchange in words, Doji grabbed Noubohri by the hand to lead him inside the Hotel and to the front counter to purchase a room.

Norriden was stopped by Virtue's words of concern. He had stopped his movements to the room almost right in front of the door and turned his attention to the proxy. He still held a tight grip on Elial's sword.
"Forgive me Virtue, but everything as of late has bee taxing to me emotionally. The only thing I can count on now is my faith in everyone and my will to save Nazune. Regardless, I should be fine." Norriden answered just before he entered the room. Inside, Kaité was leaning back against the wall almost next to the door. Tesri had moved to the glass door on the other end of the room to stare outside, passed the balcony. Rosa had planted herself onto the bed to rest her legs a bit.
"Morrigan should be coming back soon. She mentioned she has a bit of information to share." Kaité noted to the demonic angel as he entered.

Anonymous

Doji's lack of concern over her attendents watching her didn't bother Satrina, she didn't bat an eyelash. Zaphikel, on the other hand, blanched, his shoulders drooping and hands grabbing the first available thing to wrench them around.

Satrina glanced at him and waved a hand in front of his eyes. "Do I need to break out the smelling salts?"

"I'm fine." Zaphikel shook his head, let go of his coat, squared his shoulders and shook his head again for good measure.

Satrina narrowed her eyes. "You gonna try selling me a bridge next?" Satrina watched Doji and Noubohri head toward the front counter and sighed. "Look Z, if this really bothers you I can-"

"No, it's all right, I'm fine. I can do this," Zaphikel batted the air in front of him with a hand and started walking after Doji and Noubohri, almost running to walk at Doji's other side. His sudden movement caught Satrina off guard, but she caught up to him quickly enough and trotted behind him.

"I know Manakel didn't make you a prude," Satrina whispered once she caught up to him. "Why're you so shy."

Zaphikel scowled and crossed his arms. "Modesty isn't a fault," he hissed.

Anonymous

Virtue nodded when Norriden confirmed that he was doing well. That was always good. Alexian was worried about him ever since his latest episode back in the Forum building, though Virtue herself did not witness it. She would relay the information back to her in the morning; Alexian didn't want to be bothered or disturbed tonight, so entrusted Virtue with keeping a watchful eye on the party.
She entered the room, closing the door behind herself and standing next to it with her hands clasped in front of herself, taking a quick look around at the others: Kaite was on the other side of the door, leaning against the wall, seemingly well; Rosa looked a little tired; Tesri appeared as though he liked the view of the night outside.
Doji had mentioned getting a separate room with Noubohri before Virtue went out of earshot, so that was presumably what she was attending to along with her two aides, Satrina and Zaphikel. Morrigan, apparently, was on her way back with some new information. That left Neseraph and Insera with their 'side objective', with no telling when they would return.
Virtue frowned slightly; did they even know where to return to? Hopefully Alexian or someone else had let them know.

Radiance finished changing his clothes, now clad in a dark robe and suit of noble stature.
It was time to move in closer; everyone who had gotten a good look at him before was gone. Now all he had to do was find the room they were staying in for the night, but also keep close by Satrina just in case she was ready. Mother was still preoccupied at the moment, so he wouldn't initiate contact unless she asked for Mother first. He took another look out the window, and was caught completely by surprise by what he saw.
Skylance, his secretary Visage, and six bodyguards in military style uniforms were approaching the hotel. He saw, just for a second as Skylance looked about the street, a victorious smirk on his face before he and his entourage entered the building.
Radiance hurried to exit the closed restaurant. This was dangerous and unexpected -- what the hell was Skylance of Hallow doing here?

Skylance entered the hotel, the doors held wide open for him by two of the bodyguards, with a politician's stride. He stopped for a moment, looking around and taking in the earthly place. He leaned to Visage's ear and asked her something, and she smiled brightly and nodded in affirmation.
He led his entourage up to the front desk, walking up to the side of Noubohri and speaking to him cordially, "Archangel Noubohri, am I glad to see you here. Skylance," he extended his hand to him, "Skylance of Hallow, and I've heard of your many deeds from Province. What brings me here this night is actually your son, Norriden. Do you know where he is currently? I'd love to talk with him about Nazune... and about how I, and the entirety of Skylance Empire, could be of some help in finding her."

Anonymous

Noubohri stood behind Doji while she spoke with the clerk at the desk like her guardian. Much to his surprise, a semi-familiar face approached him and got down to the point in one breath. This man wastes no time. The Archangel simply glanced down at the extended hand as he replayed what little he witnessed of Skylance back at the Forum building in his head.
"Forgive me, Mr. Hollow." Noubohri began, lifting his view back to the man's face, "But I have much more pressing matters to attend to with my beloved." By now, Doji was done with the clerk and turned around on time to see Noubohri's confrontation with Skylance.
"I'll take your plea to see my son into consideration." He finished, prompting Doji to smile. With the Archangel's final words, Doji wrapped her hand around his and began to lead him to the stairs. Of course, they would be moving in a much different direction than where Norriden is.

Meanwhile, Norriden moved further into the room and found a spot on the the wall to lean back against. Once there, he slid down the wall to sit upon the ground. He held the Splendor's blade before himself, tip of the blade dug into the carpet and his hand still tightly wrapped around the hilt.
Tesri simply glanced back to his older brother to sigh lightly to himself before turning his attention back out to the night sky. Kaité kept her spot by the door like a bouncer at a club, not really moving an inch. Rosa had incidentally slipped into the dreamworld without anyone noticing. She needed the rest anyway. The room was eerily quiet. It seemed as if no one had anything thing to speak of.

Anonymous

"No..." Satrina murmured. "Modesty is a crutch and no indication of a being's goodness."

"I know that," Zaphikel crossed his arms tighter and hunched forward. "Get off my shoulder already."

Satrina laughed so hard she snorted, slapping a thigh and leaning into the counter. She got the eye from the concierge, startled a couple passing guests when she snorted and the clerk looked a little harrassed that she was so close to his counter.

Zaphikel pretended to be interested in the angel that approached Noubohri, if only in the vain hope that something might distract him from a little alone time with Doji. Though, he should have known better, really. Noubohri didn't seem like the type to put work before the interests of his family... or rather... it seemed that he held Doji in higher regard than his son at this moment. Zaphikel didn't have a judgement call for that situation, he wasn't a parent and so never had to make such a choice.

Satrina composed herself as Noubohri begged Skylance's forgiveness. For a moment, while Skylance was talking, she wondered if she'd slept through some drastic change in Heaven's social mores. That abomination surely didn't seem to have as hard a time as she thought he would. Instead of paying more attention to the Skylance-Noubohri conversation she turned to Zaphikel. "Z...Zeeee-ee."

Zaphikel ignored her. When Doji and Noubohri started moving towards the stairs he fell in behind her, staring at the back of her feet. Satrina walked behind him, her hands folded behind her back and a grin on her face. She had to admit that they were an interesting little entourage. Doji and Noubohri holding hands all lovey-dovey-like and then Zaphikel looking like he was walking to the gallows and then her, grinning, only seeming like part of the group because she was walking so closely behind Zaphikel.

Anonymous

Skylance sighed and lowered his hand when Noubohri declined to help him, feeling the added bite of his own words in his refusal. He glanced back at Visage, who shook her head and wrote a small note on her ever-present clipboard. It seemed that he overestimated Norriden's own father's willingness to aid in the rescue of this 'Nazune' that he loved. Pity. Perhaps the man who actually had something at stake in this would be more willing to listen to his proposal.
He motioned for his bodyguards to circle around him, then he instructed firmly to them, still with some lingering heat over Noubohri's rejection, "Use the cameras, and sweep the hotel as you were briefed. When you have located Norriden, let me know. Now go."
The bodyguards complied with haste, saying nothing and dutifully following their orders. The six of them split up and went to different stairwells and magical elevator shafts, each one going to a different floor to canvas.
Skylance looked to Visage then, saying as he came up beside her and looked down at her clipboard, "Let me see the notes on Utor, Nazune, Mother, and Alexian again. I want to review them one last time."
Visage nodded her head vigorously and with a bright smile, flipping to the designated page and pointing out the notes Skylance sought. He began to look them over, making sure that he had everything in order.
He would only have one shot at this, or else he would suffer intolerable delays in realizing his dream.

Radiance entered the hotel and simply stood near the entrance, acting as if he were waiting for someone to arrive. He kept watch on Skylance, Noubohri, and especially Satrina with a few passing glances, looking as though he were marveling the hotel's splendor.
Skylance and Noubohri spoke briefly, out of his own earshot, to one another, then the dimwit and his tramp took off, being tailed by one of their goofy lackeys and Satrina. The prick Skylance was still there, but then told his goons to spread out by the looks of it.
He wanted to stay and watch the bastard until he did something, but Satrina was on the move, and right now she was more important. Regardless, he'd let Mother know that Skylance was present and let her decide what to do from there.
Radiance casually strolled toward the staircase Satrina was heading to, making sure to stay a comfortable distance behind them and looking preoccupied in thought or distracted.

Anonymous

Morrigan suddenly brushed passed Radiance, heading towards the staircase. Her view was focused on Skylance as she did. She wanted to take opportunity in his current distraction so he would not notice her. Once she hit the staircase and felt that she was a good distance away from the lobby, she placed her index finger against the ear piece in her right ear.
"Kaité, I'm in the building, but that high and mighty asshole from the Forum building is here too. You know, the one Norriden kept yelling at. Yeah, him. Alright, I'll make sure no one follows me." Morrigan paused after every sentence as if she were having a conversation with someone in her mind. She looked back down the stairs to see if her new companion was still following her before proceeding cautiously.

"Norriden, Morrigan has reached the hotel, but that man you were having some problems with is in the lobby." Kaité notes after have had an internal conversation with herself. Norriden looked up from his seated position towards the green haired angel.
"He's probably come for the sword. Make sure no one follows her here." Norriden noted after hearing the information.
"That's already being taken care of." Kaité finished, almost completely sure of herself.

Doji wasted little time in finding their respected room and opened it with little hassle. At the same time, she kept her hand wrapped around Noubohri's. The Archangel felt that he really had no room to protest. She was the one he declared his life to long ago. Once in the room, Noubohri place his hand upon the demoness' shoulder to gain her attention.
"Doji, I..." He managed before she placed an index finger over his mouth to delicately silence him.
"It's okay, my love. I know it's been so long, but we may never get another chance to share time with each other for a longer time. I hope you understand." Doji explained, receiving a silent nod from Noubohri in reply. She could only smile as she wrapped her arms over his shoulders to press her lips upon his.

Anonymous

Zaphikel claimed one of the chairs in the room, placed his hands on his knees and began breathing in and out slowly. He spent a couple seconds looking around the room before he returned his attention to Doji and Noubohri.

Satrina chose to stand next to Zaphikel's chair, in case he went into shock or had a mental breakdown. She supposed she should be watching Doji and her lover, but had a feeling that making sure Zaphikel didn't lose it was more important. "Z... you should probably stop breathing like that. It's a little creepy."

"Name one thing that isn't creepy about... this."

"Hmmm... well for starters the room is perfectly normal-"

"Fineyouwin," Zaphikel glowered, but stopped the rythmic breathing.

"Z, if you really-"

Zaphikel gave Satrina a full scowl, one his eyebrows even twitched. "Satrina, please be quiet you're ruining the," he winced "atmosphere."

Satrina didn't say anything, partially because Zaphikel had a point and more because he brought it up. That wasn't what she expected to hear out of him...

While it was decidedly weird for Zaphikel to be concerned about the atmosphere in the room, he didn't want to ruin the evening for Doji. It was important for her to see that while she was under a sort of probation, she still had some freedoms. Some awkward freedoms, but freedoms none the less.

Anonymous

Zekial could remember when the Skylight wasn't the Skylight at all. It used to be some really ratty place fifteen earth years ago, so did most of the surrounding area. He could remember a few missions in this part of Adela before those rich nobles decided to reform the area. He actually killed two blackmailing demons here fifteen years ago, and also had a brief stint with a lonely human woman.
How much time changed this place, and how much he had changed as well. Occupations, at least.
He trotted up behind Morrigan, forcing a quick smile when she glanced back. Even though Morrigan didn't want to be seen by Skylance, Zekial had his own reasons for that. He was actually going to go and work for him before Reigne's sword was stolen. Funny how things work out sometimes, and he really hated explaining things like this to people.

Sir, we have it. Room 309, third floor, buzzed one of his bodyguards in Skylance's mind.
Skylance smiled, told Visage the room number for her to write down, then replied to the guardsman, Excellent. Call the others to your position, and stand by. I will be there momentarily.
Skylance started to move briskly toward one of the magical elevator systems of the building, closely tailed by his secretary. As he boarded the floating platform of an elevator, he told the mage operating it to go to the third floor.
If he could get Norriden to grasp his theory, then surely he could get his allegiance.

Though he continued to follow Satrina, Radiance was taken aback slightly when Morrigan slid past. Not because of her, but because of who was following her. Well, well, look what the cat dragged in. That pathetic peon couldn't even get a simple job done. How hard was it to kill an unarmed proxy when you have the element of surprise? Really? But, Mother got what she wanted, strangely enough, so she was at least satisfied with his piss-poor performance. Because of his ineptitude, Mother even had to come up with a new, impromptu plan to have the sword delivered to her Realm. Luckily enough, she already knew Telarn Blackbride, and he knew some people who could do the job.
What an abyssmal failure, Zekial was.
Radiance was distracted from his mental rants when he caught a glimpse of Satrina and her henchman entering a room. Perfect. Radiance strolled over to the room across from Satrina's, and used his body to cover his use of a lockpick to gain entry into that room. He opened the door and slipped inside, closing the door behind himself and placing his hand on his dagger. After he saw that the room was unoccupied, at least for the time being, he released his hold on his weapon. He slid open the peeping latch of the door just slightly, so that he could hear when Satrina's door opened again and peek out when necessary.
More waiting. How exciting.

Skylance's six bodyguards were all assembled outside of Room 309, standing rigidly with their hands behind their backs to the side of the door. Their faces were hidden by facemasks, red goggles, and helmets. They stood silently in a row, waiting for the arrival of Skylance.

Anonymous

Morrigan's eyes widened substantially when she rounded the corner of the hallway only to catch eye of the row of Skylance's bodyguards, standing outside of the respected room she was supposed to meet the others in. She jumped back around the corner and planted her back onto the wall.
"Shit!" She exclaimed to herself, hoping the goons didn't see her. She then placed a finger upon the ear piece in her ear and boldly glanced around the corner only to briefly see if any of them are looking her way.
"Kaité!" She spoke, trying to get through to her comrade on the other end of the ear piece.

"Yes, Morrigan?" Kaité replied, bringing her finger up to her ear piece. Norriden looked back up to the green haired angel. This could be either good or bad.
You got about six angels standing outside of the room. They might be with that asshole from the Forum building. Morrigan noted within Kaité's ear piece. The fencing master soon dropped her arm from her ear and back away from the door.
"Norriden, we have company." That was the only thing she could get out before Norriden stood up. Tesri found it upon himself to turn towards the other and close the gap between them. Norriden reached to his side to draw one of his handguns from its holster and hold it out to his side. He kept a tight grip on Elial's sword. Even Tesri drew his blade. Kaité moved towards the door and reached for the knob with her opposing hand on the hilt of one of her rapiers. This may get a little messy.

Speaking of messy, Doji had already moved Noubohri to the bed and began ravaging his clothes off of him. After her 'vicious' attack, she proceeded to remove her own, keeping contact with Noubohri's lips with her very own. The determination of her movements clearly showed that she had long forgotten the presence of her attendants. She was lost in a sea of happiness and long lost lust. Even the Archangel himself felt alive after a long while of emptiness.