Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Skylight Planning

Started by Anonymous, September 20, 2007, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Even though Doji and Noubohri were acting like there weren't two people in the room watching them, Satrina and Zaphikel couldn't quite act the same.

Satrina was far more composed. She stood with her arms crossed and drifted her attention between Doji and Zaphikel in a steady interval. She had her arms crossed loosely and was leaning against an armoire close to Zaphikel's chair.

Zaphikel was having a harder time. He began tapping his knees and wound up watching his hands for a minute before realizing he wasn't watching Doji anymore. He groaned softly and looked back up, leaning back in the chair and glancing up at the roof every now and then.

Anonymous

Skylance rounded the corner at the other end of the hall from Morrigan and Zekial, striding toward Room 309 with Visage in tow, flipping through pages on her clipboard. He motioned for his guards to relax, and they did as they were told. He stood in front of the door, his guards now forming a half-circle behind him, facing outward and keeping watch of the hallway, and knocked three times.
Zekial, in nothing more than curiousity, was about to peek around the corner to see what was going on, but decided against it when he heard Morrigan's tone of voice when talking into her radio.

Virtue's attention was perked when almost everyone in the room became defensive, drawing or handling their weapons and turning steely gazes on the door. She heard that there was a man in the lobby that Norriden had problems with earlier, and now there apparently was 'company' outside the door. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense; it would be the perfect time for Mother to try something, given that Alexian was occupied for the night.
Virtue drew her own silenced pistol, watching the door as Kaite's hand reached for it-
*Knock - knock - knock*
"Who is there?" Virtue called, raising her pistol up slightly.
After a second, the voice of Skylance answered back through the door, "This is Skylance of Hallow. To whom am I speaking?"
"What do you want?" Virtue challenged again, raising her pistol up a little more.
"All I want is to talk with Norriden. Could you tell him that it is very important? I really would like to speak with him."
Virtue lowered her pistol, then glanced back at Norriden for his answer.

Anonymous

After having removed her own clothing, Doji's bare body mounted on top of Noubohri's lower form. She let out an exasperated breath as she felt something that she had believed to never happen again. She sat straight up upon the Archangel and began to rock back and forth, grazing her black painted nails about his chest.

Kaité turned her gaze upon Norriden when Skylance announced his presence and asked about the demonic angel abomination. Norriden turned his eyes to the green haired angel, if but a moment, to nod slightly. Kaité turned the door knob and swung the door open.
The barrel of Norriden's personal handgun was instantly aimed out the room and at Skylance's face. He clutched Elial's sword at his side tightly. He wasn't about to give it up. Tesri stood almost behind Norriden with his own blade drawn. Kaité stood off to the side and awaited the sign that would signal her to draw the rapier her hand was wrapped around the hilt of.
"What do you want?" Norriden asked coldly.

Morrigan slightly peered around the corner to see the man from the lobby at the door with Norriden's gun in his face. She pulled back and nearly slammed her back against the wall, clenching her teeth.
"Fuck!" She exclaimed, balling a hand into a fist and slamming it back onto the wall.
"They might need some backup. I have no other choice." She noted to herself before turning her eyes to Zekial.
"Back me up from her, if you can." She finished before her form shrank into a sphere of electricity. A wisp. Morrigan's wisp suddenly darted around the corner and began towards Skylance and his goons. Whether or not they noticed, it would not matter.

Anonymous

Z probably didn't want to hear what Satrina was thinking. The relative silence seemed to set him at ease somewhat. Lost knowledge of Raziel, if I was a Rising Demon, I might completely scandalize my attendents she thought. I shouldn't think that... Doji seems to be embarassing Z enough for the both of us.

It wasn't the near lack of sound in the room that calmed Zaphikel down. He came to the conclusion that he could just focus on Doji's foot. It still counted as watching her and he wouldn't have to watch her... and Noubohri.

Anonymous

Skylance furrowed his eyebrows slightly when the door opened and he found Norriden on the other aiming a weapon straight at his head, not expecting his reception to be that hostile, and Visage's eyes widened dramatically in surprise when she saw the gun. Nonetheless, Skylance put on a formal smile and slowly raised his hands in a surrendering manner, saying, "There really is no need for that, Norriden. I'm unarmed. All I want to do is talk with you."
Virtue's firearm was lowered, but she still held it in hand. She faintly recognized the man, Skylance, from even before she saw him back in the Forum building. Her Creator shared a few of her memories of her interactions with him, though very few of them. They were acquaintances, not quite 'friends' yet as they were called among the living, but Alexian was never openly hostile with him. Perhaps there was something she missed back in the Forum building.
Keeping his hands up, Skylance continued with a diplomatic smile, "My apologies about our earlier misunderstandings and misgivings. Your claims, admittedly, caught me completely by surprise, and I, in my own error, thought them to have no merit at the time. However, after seeing them validated with my own eyes and doing some research on my own, I have come to see you that spoke the truth.
"I understand how grave this matter is for all Heaven, indeed, all creation, as I hold no doubt that you already do, Norriden. This... rogue High Seraphim simply cannot be allowed to misuse her powers with such wanton abandon. I also gather, from what you said to me back in the Forum building, that this High Seraphim, Mother, has taken someone very dear to you Norriden."
He glanced at the room's lavish interior, still standing at the threshold of the door with his hands in the air. He asked, "May we come in?"

Zekial only had a very basic understanding of what was going on, as he was kept mostly in the dark. He nodded to Morrigan before she buzzed off as a sprite of electricity, then laid a hand on the hilt of his sword. He stayed around the corner to keep the element of surprise, waiting for the que of the sounds of a fight before making himself known. He sincerely hoped that it wasn't Skylance around the corner, but he heard a voice that sounded very much like his; he really hated getting caught in a big, political mess.
One of the bodyguards in Skylance's half-circle was facing Morrigan's corner of the hallway, looking right at her when she came around it in wisp form. Still, he stood as solidly as a stone, making no movements other than calm breathing.

"Here we are!" announced Neseraph as he touched down at the entrance of The Skylight. "Good times. Vivante, we are so gonna get shit-faced tonight-"
"On your own time, Neseraph," said Insera firmly as her feet touched ground. "Need I remind you that we still have something to-" She grabbed her left side and clenched her teeth, wincing heavily with her eyes shut.
He let Vivante go, then turned to Insera, "Hey, you're not alright. Something's wrong. Does that... does that regeneration shit wear off?"
She let out a controlled breath and replied, "How would I know for certain? I have to assume that it does, nevertheless. Would you mind?"
Neseraph grinned. "Say 'pretty please'."
SLAP.
Rubbing his cheek with one hand, Neseraph pressed his other hand to her side and said, "I guess I'll buy that... Diane."
Despite her obvious discomfort with him calling her by her first name, she let out a sigh of relief when the raw blue energy crackled around Neseraph's hand, healing her injured side. He brought his hand up and a spark of the Miraculous energy jumped off of his index finger and graced her nose, healing it as well. "All better, babe. Here, you might need this, though. You still look like you lost a boxing match."
As she wiped the blood off of her face with the rag Neseraph provided her, she retorted in a slightly muffled voice, "Don't call me that."
Neseraph gave Vivante a jovial slap on the back, saying before he strode in through the door, "Alright, let's go find Mary-do-good and start on our own Oktoberfest! I can't wait!"
Insera shook her head at Neseraph's antics, glanced back out of sheer curiosity to see if that large demon was still following, then discarded the rag on the ground and followed Neseraph into the Skylight.

Anonymous

Just as soon as Insera looked back a large crunch could be heard directly next to her as Xurlaq touched down from a nearby rooftop. Given his monstrous size the crunch was the sound of the solid ground, slightly being damaged underneath himself. He peered at the entrance to the extravagant hotel, without paying any heed to those he had followed there.
"She is near..." He spoke as he trudged towards the entrance with his deadly tail swaying behind.

Norriden lowered his gun from Skylance's face when he explained himself. The demonic angel didn't move, however. He kept his ground as barricade to the room.
"What does any of this have to do with you?" Norriden asked, not budging or removing his glare from the man. Tesri lowered his guard just as Morrigan's wisp floated by Skylance's goon and stopped at the center of the lot. Soon after, the wisp morphed into the SSHE agent with a slight disappointed look on her face.
"I guess it's a good thing that there's really no need for hostility here, but I would have enjoyed tearing into you boys." She noted turning her attention to the corner she came from.
"C'mon Zek. It's safe." She called out to her companion before she brushed by Skylance and by Norriden, who allowed her to enter. Kaité kept her hand on her rapier, just in case something were to ensue. Rosa remained unconscious on the bed. She had no clue of what was going on.

(Sorry, Night. But I'm going to skip Noub and Doji for now. I have something planned for them next post though.)

Anonymous

((No need to apologize man. Saves me from writing about Zaphikel staring at Doji's foot and Satrina chillin'.))

Vivante didn't mind that they couldn't get, how did Neseraph say it, shit-faced... he'd have to trust that Neseraph wouldn't really inflict something as foul as what that sounded like on them... or have any chicken until they finished business. As long as business ended with some chicken and a little beer.

Speaking of business, Vivante still hadn't gotten a chance to talk to In-Serah about her slap technique. That would have to be done once they were through with their business too.

Vivante smiled a little when Neseraph clapped him on the back and walked into the Skylight behind In-Serah and him.

Anonymous

Skylance frowned a little when Norriden didn't let them into the room. Though he was pleased that Norriden wanted to know more, Skylance still felt that they were too exposed to continue talking where they were, especially if High Seraphim ears were tuning in. But, he had little choice but to continue, so he smiled again and-
A woman suddenly materialized inside the ring of guards, uncomfortably close to Skylance. Visage even stopped jotting down the conversation for second in surprise, but the woman was apparently not hostile, although she wanted to be it seemed.
Then another newcomer reluctantly rounded the corner after the woman called out for him, one that was more familiar than the woman: Zekial. The Blood Angel slid past the ring of guards, who stood rigidly and allowed him passage, avoiding eye contact with Skylance as he slipped into the room after Morrigan. Skylance smirked a little when he saw who it was, but said nothing about him.
Instead, he looked back to Norriden then and elaborated for him, Visage continuing to write down every word and action as well, "We want to bring the renegade to justice, of course. As I have said, this is indeed a very serious matter, and I would like nothing more than for the glorious city of Hallow and Skylance Empire to have been a part in resolving this utmost threat. I have one thousand of my finest, most elite soldiers dedicated to this righteous cause, with tens of thousands more waiting only on my call. With the power and capabilities of my Skylance Empire behind me, make no mistake Norriden, we will find this corrupt High Seraphim and bring her to Heaven's justice."
Skylance took in a breath of air, then continued, "However, as you, most unfortunately, know better than I, it seems that this Mother has at least one captive in her possession. Rest assured though: Because this woman, Nazune, is considered a bystander by us, after having subdued Mother, we would have simply let her go about her ways after all due procedure.
"But, this is one of the two reasons in which I have come to speak with you, Norriden. Mutual benefit: If we were to work in tandem, we could each achieve what we want much faster than working separately. Think about it, Norriden... this is opportunity."
Skylance's smile dissolved away then, and he took on a more grave look; just like he had planned, just like he had rehearsed. "I have also come here to tell you, Norriden, that you are in danger by someone among you."

Neseraph did some praire-dogging for a few minutes, trying to see if he could spot Mariam in the lightly populated large lobby area of the Skylight. He was half-tempted to get Insera to call her again when he finally spotted that familiar head of black hair over some furniture and plant decorations.
"Over there! Follow me," Neseraph called back to Insera and Vivante, still catching up to him. Oh, look, Xurlaq made it, and he was apparently onto something.
As Neseraph darted around the plants and headed for the couch she was sitting on, Insera took out the mirror bracelet and tapped its surface three times as she walked. After a moment, Grizrend's image appeared on its surface, and he greeted warmly, "About goddamn time. Took ya long enough. What the hell? Is that Vivante there? How's it goin' kiddo?"
It took a lot of self-control to disregard Grizrend's rudeness, but Insera managed. "We have found your 'reinforcements', Grizrend. They are safely with us now."
Grizrend looked a little confused. "All three of 'em??"
Insera narrowed her eyes slightly. "We only found one person: Mariam Serra. Perhaps if you were just a little more specific earlier we would have known that."
The old demon scratched the back of his head somewhat nervously. "Well, there's somethin' you ought to know before-"
"No, Grizrend, there is not. You can spare me any more of your messes to clean up for tonight," Insera replied hotly before shoving the mirror bracelet back into her trouser pocket.

Neseraph plopped himself down on the couch next to Mariam, sprawling himself out very lazily and bringing one of his arms down around her shoulders, which provoked an eyebrow perk out of her. "So I heard you just a little on the phone. There's nothin' I love more than a female cop, especially when they frisk me. Wanna frisk me? I can get some cuffs if you're into-"
Insera, coming up onto the scene then, slapped Neseraph hard against the back of his head, causing him to grunt in pain and to sit up a little and take his arm away from Mariam's shoulders. In contrast to her vicious attack, she spoke to Mariam formally, "Detective Serra, and...?"
"Banestride. Just Banestride," greeted the mage that sat on Mariam's other side, and he awkwardly shook Insera's hand.
"Ms. Diane Insera. Luck's a funny thing," said Mariam as she shook Insera's hand as well. Then, with a glance at both Neseraph and Vivante, asked, "I take it you know them? I recognize you, from what Grizrend said." She pointed at Neseraph, who could only grin in return.
Crossing her arms and still standing behind the couch between Neseraph and Mariam, Insera said then, "What brings you to the future then, Detective Serra? And how did you know about Grizrend?"
Mariam could tell that Insera was easily suspicious, and no doubt anyone within earshot could as well. "Well, I've been investigating two missing persons. One, obviously, is you, and the-"
"Hey, I got those dinner reservations," called out a voice.
An adolescent boy, looking to be around seventeen, jogged up onto the scene then. He had short brown hair, green eyes, and a strangely familiar friendly face. He wore sneakers, blue jeans, a black T-shirt with the name and logo of the band 'Three to the End' on it, and a pale blue open, short-sleeve button-up shirt over that, like a jacket.
He handed the tickets to Mariam, and she pointed up at him, finishing, "And the other is Bishop Keller. This is his son, Leon Keller."
Leon raised his head for a second in greeting and said to the three, "Hey. 'Sup."
Both Neseraph and Insera were open-mouthed and speechless.

Anonymous

Norriden still had his suspicions of this Skylance man. For some reason, he didn't seem entirely trusting. Though, his last bit of information slightly caught  Norriden's attention. He didn't allow his face to show any interest in that, instead, continued to stare at Skylance as he prepared his next question in his head.
"If you have such an arsenal to sniff out Mother, then why even bother coming to me?" The demonic angel asked, still holding the thoughts of Skylance's last information in the back of his mind. Tesri placed a hand on Morrigan's shoulder to smile at her when she entered the room. Morrigan returned the smile and turned her attention to Skylance's secretary, still outside of the room. She was particularly interested in Visage. There was something about that one. Rosa stirred a little, but still remained asleep though the situation.

Doji was very near the climax of her own situation and her screams and moans made point of that. The door to the room suddenly flew off the hinges and slid across the floor of the room. This prompted Doji to stop and bring her arms up to cover her breasts and turn her attention to the entrance of the room. Noubohri even turned his attention the the distorted doorway.
"DOJI??!!" Xurlaq's bellow nearly made the room shake. Doji and even Noubohri shared the facade of a deer in headlights look. Doji, because her own father had barged in on her own affair. And Noubohri, because of his memory of a very past and distant enemy. The large black demon smashed his way through the doorway as he entered the room. Doji rolled off the bed to gather her clothing and so did Noubohri.
"Father! How... why are you here?" Doji nearly stuttered as she slid on her clothing. Noubohri's view instantly turned to his love with a stunned look when she mentioned father. At least he managed to pull his pants on before he stopped.

Anonymous

Everything was relatively fine and dandy for Satrina, and they quickly became fine and dandy to Zaphikel once some big, angry thing tore the door off and threw it across the room. Everything looks better in hindsight.

The door barely had time to stop before the two of them were moving. As Zaphikel pulled the ribbon out of his hair Satrina ran in front of the bed and all but tore her cross belt buckle off her belt. She touched the center of the cross, which opened like a compact, revealing a dish of black powder. She took a pinch of the stuff and blew it, saying "Void between the worlds, bring me my Palette." A little portal opened in front of her and she yanked something that looked like a rifle with a palette and paintbrush where a scope might have been from it. She clicked off the safety and chambered a round, levelling it with the demon intruder's chest.

Zaphikel snapped his ribbon in Doji's direction, a piece of it breaking from the end and racing to where she was. It stuck to the ground in front of her and began stretching up to the ceiling and then back down, setting up a barrier immediately in front of her. The rest of the ribbon began circling around his hand as he walked to Satrina's side.

Both of them missed Doji call the intruder father...

Vivante slowed down a little when In-Serah took out the mirror bracelet and looked down at it when she began communicating with Grizrend. Grizrend knew a lot about weapons, he would have to see if he could talk to him about any local arms dealers that might have gotten his sword.

They were almost to the couch when In-Serah finished speaking with Grizrend. Neseraph got another smack and In-Serah began talking with another female. Deetektiv Serra. Hopefully she didn't mind her first name. In-Serah and Serra were nearly similiar enough to be confused. Out of habit, Vivante's hand went to where his sword would be hanging at his belt.

Vivante's eyes went to the boy when he yelled and approached Deetektiv. When she introduced him he tilted his head to the side, looking at the boy's face and remembering the man in the chair. He then looked at In-Serah and said. "It is not my place to tell him."

Anonymous

Virtue's eyes widened for a second when Skylance mentioned danger on the inside. Before she realized it, she had taken a quick glance at Tesri, briefly reminded of Kynrei's argument about him back in that building in Province. She mentally reprimanded herself for being so assuming, turning her attention back on Skylance then, though still bothered by what he had said, true or not.

Norriden was fighting him, and that wasn't good; he seemed to be trying to find a reason to distrust him. Maybe he overestimated Norriden's connection to this mysterious Nazune person? Maybe Alexian got to him with propaganda before he arrived? Or maybe he was still just bitter about the Forum Building, despite Skylance's apology.
And, most unexpectedly of all, Norriden had nothing to say about his mention of a potential threat from within; Skylance tapped Visage on the arm, and she was sure to make a note of that. Nonetheless, Skylance enjoyed some ad lib from time to time, so he answered his query, "As I said, Norriden, mutual benefit. You knew of this threat before I did, and I have no doubt that you possess information now that we are not privy to yet and may take a variable amount of time to uncover. You may have even faced the threat head-on, and thus would already have a manner of experience that I and my soldiers could benefit from.
"And then, of course, we would assist you in getting what you want much more quickly than if we worked alone. I see an opportunity here to make things right, Norriden, in addition to qwelling an enormous threat and bringing a vigilante to justice: To reunite two people separated by tragedy."
Skylance paused long enough to allow Visage to flip to a new sheet of paper on her clipboard. When she was ready, Skylance grinned a little and questioningly tilted his head slightly to one side, "But I'm surprised, Norriden. You did not seem to be affected at all when I told you that you are in danger from the inside. Perhaps you already know who and what I'm talking about...?"
Skylance's eyes glanced around the room and its occupants behind Norriden, but locked onto no one in particular. Then, establishing eye contact with Norriden again, he asked, "Would you like to know who I am refering to?"
Visage stopped writing after she recorded Skylance's last sentence, and she looked into Norriden's eyes as well, awaiting what he might say or do next.

Radiance snapped out of his trance of boredom when he heard a sudden and conspicuously loud crash in the room across from his own: Satrina's room.
He hazarded a quick glance out of the ajar peeping latch, catching only a fleeting glimpse of the large, black creature that entered the room and fast moving blurs that were presumably the others.
Returning to his original position, Radiance found himself bothered by the fact that Satrina might be killed in there. What a phenomenal waste of time all of this would be if she were killed by that loud-mouthed creature. Still, he continued to listen to the developing situation, tuning his ears particularly for Satrina's voice.

Vivante, being the first one to speak, broke the momentary wall of stunned silence. And Leon glanced his way when he did, then glanced around at all three of them for elaboration. "What? Tell me what?"
Mariam's face hinted that she was starting to catch on, and that, in turn, made Leon worried as well. Insera slowly walked around from behind the couch, coming to Neseraph's side as he stood up, and spoke very solemnly, "Your father, Bishop Keller... is dead. I am so sorry, Leon..."
Mariam's eyes lit up with shock as she brought her hands to her mouth, and Leon looked absolutely crushed, his worst fears now realized. "Oh no..." he said quietly, his eyes darting around frantically. He took a few steps back and ran his hands through his hair, holding onto the back of his head. "Oh no, no, no..."
"We did everything we could... I'm sorry," said Neseraph, his head tilted down reverently and his hands in his pockets.
Then it finally hit Leon, full force. The teenager collapsed back into the recliner behind himself, his face buried in his hands, his sorrow easily heard over the background noises of the busy Skylight. Mariam got up from her seat and quickly went to his side, hugging him and rubbing her hand up and down his back to comfort him. Banestride remained where he was, staying quiet.
"He was a good man. One that I respected very much. He... he changed me," said Insera, loud enough for Leon to hear.
Neseraph, the last part of what she had to say catching his attention, turned to look at Insera, and she did the same. Looking up at him, he could see the watery edges of Insera's eyes, affected both by Leon's sorrow and that of her own. "He always wanted me to change," she started, speaking quietly, "for me to get... better. His death, as you know, Neseraph, deeply affected me. For the longest while, I could not stop thinking about it... about, after all of the things I had done, how Bishop could still see the good in me.
"I found that I simply could not pull the trigger, back in the Forum. I could remember, so vividly, all of Bishop's pleas for me to change that I was deaf to when he was alive. And now, in the wake of his death, I realize that I have changed. Though I lack the capacity to fully forgive the Angels for what they have done, no longer will I ruthlessly hunt and slay them."
Neseraph had no words to say, back it was easy to see that he was overwhelmed as Insera finally explained what happened with Sine, and more importantly, why it happened. He threw his arms around her and embraced her tightly, and she gradually embraced him back. "I'm glad..." he whispered to her. "I'm glad..."

And after they spent a few moments in quiet embrace, Neseraph said in regards to Leon, "Let's give him a minute."
Insera nodded, and Neseraph motioned with his head for Vivante to follow them. They only walked a short distance from Mariam and Leon, so they could be signalled when he had enough time.
Insera took the mirror bracelet out of her pocket, her eyes dry now, and tapped its surface three times. Grizrend's face appeared quite quickly on it, and he said with a disappointed face, "I had a feelin' you'd call back. I take it ya found out the hard way, huh? Shoulda listened to me... woulda saved Vivante from being caught in the middle a' all that."

Anonymous

Norriden could almost feel his distrust and uneasiness about Skylance strengthen every time he mentioned the word benefit. There was something about the man he did not like that he just could not place his finger on. Then he pursued what he said about someone on the inside just as Norriden expected he would. A slip through a crack that someone who didn't spare a look at Norriden before could see. That's where his suspicions can be settled.
"Forgive me Skylance, but this is where I draw the line with you. You see, It did not bother me because I trust my friends and family much more than someone who could ignore me in a blink of an eye. I have no worry with anyone among me, but were you here, it would slow me down to have to look over my shoulder every now and again to see if you aren't up to something. The offer is very appreciative, but I can't quite trust the lives of those who are dear to me with someone who would make up stories in order to aid me. Goodbye, Skylance." With his parting words, Norriden promptly closed the door in Skylance's face. At least a bullet to Skylance's face wasn't the end of the conversation.
Tesri couldn't help but marvel at his big brother. He didn't expect even Skylance to fall for the way Norriden cleverly planned that. Rosa had been awakened by Norriden closing the door to the room. She looked towards everyone else, who were gathered around the door in confusion.
"Don't worry about it, Rosa." Kaité reassured her. Morrigan made a side-glance at Zekial to see if he would react in any way about what happened.

"What the FUCK is my own DAUGHTER doing sleeping with the enemy?!"
Xurlaq bellowed as he pointed a claw in Noubohri's direction. Doji soon walked around the ribbon that shielded her now fully clothed and walked towards the monstrous demon.
"You do not understand, father. I love him and I have for centuries now. We've had a family together for a long time now." Doji explained, trying to reason with the beast. Xurlaq's pupilless eyes widened substantially as she did.
"I cannot believe this! Betrayed by even my own blood! If the rest of the Hellsend were to find out, they would have your hide for sure." Xurlaq rambled as he pressed his bulky back against the distorted door frame. Doji neared him enough to almost place her hand upon his chest. His viciously clawed hand slapped her hand away before she could though and the monstrosity trudged through the doorway, not saying a word. All Doji could do was sigh and lower her head.

(Sorry it took so long to reply. My old computer's motherboard fried and I had to get a new computer. I'm back now and even my muse has returned. :P)

Anonymous

What?

Had the situation been different, Satrina would have figured the demon had a right to bellow about his... daughter sleeping with the enemy.  It sure looked like Doji had a line of angels just waiting to jump in bed with her.  Zaphikel probably would have thought roughly the same thing Satrina did and been so mortified that he turned a shade of red unnoticeable unless the person staring at him could see in infrared.

This wasn't the time, so both attendents kept their eyes on the demon, flanking Doji and walking with her when she began to approach him.  Both bristled when the demon swatted at Doji's hand, but he turned to retreat just as they were stepping in front of Doji, ready to defend her.  Satrina ran to the ruined doorway and lowered her gun, glowering at the retreating demon.  In another situation she would have pursued, but now she had different priorities.  Zaphikel turned back to Doji, looking at the arm that was swatted to see if it was damaged by the demon's claws.

"Parents," Satrina sighed.  "Glad I never had to deal with 'em."

Vivante didn't have anything to say.  So he kept his head lowered and wondered if all children got upset when they lost their parents.  He'd seen parents get upset, Raye was always upset whenever her children died.  He knew a child back in the Reckoning, he could have been his own, but it was hard to tell who a child's father was then.  The boy had cyan in his hair though, so he was either his brother, his cousin or his son.  It was Raye that told him to watch out for the boy, the mother was just another slave, noone important.  But the boy, Raye was pretty sure he was his own, but it was hard to tell.  When Aiol ordered him to leave the Reckoning, he remembered Raye's order and freed the slave and the boy that could have been his.  The mother hated him and fled as soon as she was sure she was free, taking the boy with her.

He wondered if the boy was ever upset about leaving with his mother.

Neseraph's voice, urging them to give Leon a little space, dragged him out of his thoughts.  He followed them across the room and peered over In-Serah's shoulder when she drew out the mirror bracelet.  "I am fine Grizrend.  The boy needed to know."

Anonymous

As soon as Norriden uttered the words 'Forgive me', Skylance's cordial smile slowly degenerated into a disappointed frown. Before long, the door once again seperated the two of them.
Skylance merely stood at the entrance to the portal for a moment, recollecting in his mind the fleeting details of the conversation. He finally shook his head, convinced that what was done was irreversible; Norriden would be of no voluntary help, and he had more or less wasted precious time here.
"We are leaving now," Skylance spoke to his entourage, suppressing much of his frustration over the events that transpired. Then, specifically to Visage, "I want another meeting with my senior staff when we arrive. Time is very critical now."
Visage nodded and dutifully jotted down his request onto her clipboard as Skylance's group headed back toward the staircase, with the faceless soldiers flanking both Skylance and Visage.

Though Virtue didn't quite understand everything that had happened, but she was glad when the door was closed on Skylance. Her Creator knew of him of course, but shared with her things that were both good and bad about him. She identified with Norriden's decision to shut him out, and she was grateful that he did. She was sure that Alexian would have agreed with Norriden's judgment as well were she present.
Zekial shook his head and muttered in a distasteful voice, "Skylance..."
Virtue turned to view the newcomer-
Then realized who it was.
"What are you doing here??" Virtue demanded as she brought her pistol up and aimed it squarely at Zekial's head.
In his defense, Zekial gradually raised his hands halfway up into the air and apologized with a slight smirk, "Hey, sorry about that earlier. You know, the whole stabbing you through the heart thing."
"What are you doing here??" Virtue stressed, slightly puzzled as to why no else saw fit to be on guard against the maniac. Perhaps they did not know that he made an attempt on Kynrei's life? She chastised herself for not being more attentive to her surroundings.
Zekial made a quick glance to Morrigan, "Can you give me a hand?"

Radiance listened to the bolsterous soap opera going on in the other room. Maybe the big dolt could incidently prove to be a nice distraction one day if he kept on trying to bother Noubohri's squeeze. However, he could also be a royal pain if he incidently began doing destructive things, such as accidently or purposely killing some of Mother's contacts. Satrina, for instance, given that she, apparently, has to stick by and babysit the one called Doji.
But time would tell, so he continued to wait and listen.

The image of Grizrend shrugged. "Well, I guess yer right, Vivante. I'd imagine the boy would've been shittin' bricks if ya'll kept it from him and he found out later."
Insera hoisted the mirror bracelet closer to her face, blocking out the old demon's view of Neseraph and Vivante, and spoke with grave seriousness, "Alright, Grizrend, no more surprises. I absolutely refuse to blindsided by something like this again. Now, who is the third person in your little bloody rescue party?"
Grizrend nodded his head back and forth and pursed his lips. "Straight to the point, eh? Well, that's what I was just about to tell ya. Hey, are you sittin' down right now? Wouldn't want ya to fuckin' break your leg over this-"
"Who is it, Grizrend??" Insera hissed, quietly enough not to disturb Leon and angry enough to attempt to milk the information out of the demon.
"Is she sittin' down, Neseraph?" Grizrend asked, still staring back at her.
"Hey babe, why don't you have seat? Right over here-" started Neseraph, motioning behind her-
"Don't call me that!" Insera snapped at him. Then, back at the mirror bracelet, "Who is it!?"
Grizrend sighed, then spoke bluntly, "Your father, Insera."
Silence.
Then the mirror slid out of Insera's hand and she stumbled backwards into Vivante, suddenly looking very tipsy. She awkwardly steadied herself against him, but still appearing very lightheaded as if she honestly could not believe what was said.
"Told ya," said the smug demon from the floor, as Neseraph scooped up the bracelet.
He placed his hands not so gently on her shoulders and made her look him in the face, "Hey, Hey, Insera, are you alright? What's the deal here?"
This was a state that Neseraph had never seen her in; as he looked at her and she looked back, he thought he saw something that was very odd and did not suit her very well. Despite all they had been through, he had never seen it this genuine or ambiguous.
And what he saw in that brief moment was fear.
"I..." she started, regaining her composure very rapidly. "It is simply that I have not seen my father for years. I am shocked that he would come back so suddenly..."
"Well, you know what you need? A good night's rest to think it over," started Neseraph, backing off of her once she stood back up on her own. "Come on, I'm sure Virtue and them already got a room around here somewhere."
Insera simply nodded in affirmation, then started over toward Leon and Mariam to check up on the boy without a word.
Neseraph made a thumbs-up sign to Vivante, mouthing to him "Good catch!" with a grin.

Anonymous

Norriden turned around on time to bear witness to Virtue's hostility. When the newcomer mentioned something about stabbing Virtue through the heart, Norriden wasted no time in raising his gun to Zekial's head. Kaité somewhat recognized him and drew the tip of her blade upon the base of his neck. Tesri was a bit lost with the new found hostility and simply watched.
Morrigan shook her head and pushed Kaité's blade away from the blood angel's neck. She then placed her hands upon the other two weapons held at his head. Doing so, brought herself rather close to Zekial, her chest nearly touching him.
"He has information about Reigne's sword." She noted, facing Norriden. Whom was intrigued by hearing Morrigan and lowered his weapon. Rosa, still a bit groggy, sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes. It seemed as if things were slightly turning in their favor.

Doji slowly turned back to the still shocked Noubohri and made her way to him, paying little notice to her attendants. She then wrapped her arms up around the archangel's arms and placed her hands upon his shoulders. She pressed her cheek upon his and closed her eyes.
"Forgive me, my love. I never intended on letting you know of my blood. It probably would have devastated you in ages past, were you to find out that my own father was a Hellsend master." She spoke softly into his ear. Not a word came from Noubohri. He only wrapped his arms around Doji and held her tight.

Anonymous

Good, it didn't look like Doji was injured.  Zaphikel began braiding his hair, tying the ribbon around the end once he was through.

Satrina didn't put away her rifle, kept glowering and kept her eyes on the hallway.  "Sorry Z, we can't get caught off guard like that again.  I'm gonna keep an eye on this door while you watch Doji."

Zaphikel looked at Doji and Nouhbohri and then back at Satrina.  He didn't argue.  It was tempting, since Satrina would be able to watch them if they decided to continue where they left off.  If the demon decided to come back, Satrina would be the best choice to engage him.  Zaphikel could fight and defend another person well enough, but Satrina was a Malakim.  She was literally made to fight and protect.  The most he could do was hope Doji and Noubohri didn't consider the demon's arrival to be a simple distraction.

Satrina's hands tightened on her rifle, she looked back at Zaphikel long enough to say: "Hey, gonna make sure Daddy Dearest found the staircase." and slunk into the hallway, walking toward the staircase.

Vivante blinked.  Shitting bricks sounded painful, it was a good thing the boy found out now, or he'd have a sore ass on top of finding out he didn't have a father.  Who knew you could make someone hurt them self by telling them something.  He was going to have to try it, but he'd have to see how it worked first.  Maybe he'd have the chance if In-Serah didn't sit down...

It didn't seem to work like Grizrend said it would, but that could have been because he was standing close enough to In-Serah to insure she didn't injure herself in a fall.  He put his hands on In-Serah's shoulders when she stumbled, taking them off her once she looked like she was able to stand on her own.  Even if she didn't actually hurt herself, Grizrend's news affected her.  It was probably a good thing that Neseraph had her shoulders now.

No matter how long it'd been since she last saw her father, it didn't look like In-Serah was eager to see him.  In-Serah would hopefully tell Neseraph and himself what her father looked like and what he was capable off so they wouldn't get caught off guard.

Vivante nodded, while he was unfamiliar with the gesture, he understood what he was mouthing.  "Once we are sure where our rooms are, we should all go eat and have some beer."

Anonymous

Virtue, moreso because the others lowered their arms, lowered her own gun when Morrigan announced that Zekial had news of Reigne's sword. Still though, she remained cautious, and the best face she could muster was one of slight apprehension of the Blood Angel.
Zekial motioned to say something when Morrigan reached across his body to lower the weapons of her comrades, but that came of it was a small grin. When unofficially put on stage, he offered, "I do know of Reigne's sword. I was once her guardian, and at the time of her death, the sword became entrusted to me. I was sworn to keep it safe, to preserve her memory so long as I lived: the very least I could do after I failed to protect her.
"However, the blade was taken from me just today, by a child empowered by a being that I've never before seen. She called herself Mother, and promised that should I slay the 'proxy' named Kynrei," and, then with a nod to Virtue in an almost sincere tone of voice, "Sorry. That she would give the sword back. My desperation made me take the offer, but my reason knew better."
"As far as I can tell, it's gone. Gone as in, no longer in this city. When I am near the blade, I can sense its presence. That's the strength of my bond to it. Now, I only wish its recovery from-"
Zekial paused for a moment, glanced at the closed door for a second. He caught himself, then finished, "from this 'Mother'. To that end, I pledge my service."
Zekial once again stole a glance at the door, his face slightly more concerned this time.
She was near. Insera was very near. As he was sworn to protect Reigne's sword, he was equally sworn by the Archangel Elial to slay the blasphemer Insera for the crimes she commited so long ago.
Was she in the company of Morrigan? Or was she, as the case usually was, just a renegade, happening by once again?
His hand very slowly began to trail up to his belt.
Virtue had caught sight of Zekial's second glance at the door, and was about to ask-
Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Might be just you and me, Viv. Everybody else is probably tuckered out," were Neseraph's parting words before going to solicit the front desk. Alexian was unusually quiet (maybe because Elial was magically alive again? He was going to have to ask her how that one happened. Maybe he was part cat...) so Neseraph figured that his best chance of locating Norriden rested on the last few gold pieces he had.
And as he began his parlay with the front desk, he realized how much of a waste of cash this would be if Norriden and crew hadn't come here. He certainly could have used it to try and get Insera drunk again. It was a rare sight, but definitely one to mark on the calendar.
The receptionist, a man who was obviously middle-aged but with a baby face, was very obliging when the 'tip' was slid in his direction, and Neseraph got what he needed. No harm, no foul, except that he was broke now, but he did need to brush up on his pick-pocketing skills.
He sauntered back to the group, asking randomly of Vivante as he clapped him on the back, "So, drinks are on you tonight? If we go? Cause if not, that's cool. Need my beauty sleep anyway. This face doesn't just stay handsome and dashing all by itself."
Neseraph went over to Mariam, Insera, and Leon, and the teenager among them eventually stood up and announced that he would be fine and that he was ready to go. After some goodbyes to the mage Banestride from Mariam and Leon, Neseraph lead the group of five over to eventually up the staircase.
"You're gonna love these cats. Great guys and gals, all of 'em," said Neseraph as they started up the stairs and made the landing to the second floor. At the far end of the hallway, another group of mostly uniform people were going down the other staircase.
"Did they know my dad too?" Leon asked calmly, with a hint of curiosity. For the most part, it seemed that he conquered his sorrow, at least for now. No doubt there would come a time of much more grieving.
"A few of them do," Insera answered.

Room 309.
"Heh, we ought to give 'em a wack story," Neseraph suggested as they neared the room in question. "'Oh my fuckin' god, guys, you shoulda came with me and Insera! It was beach volleyball man! Nazune was there and drunk off her ass and Mariam was showin' everyone her tits!"
Leon cracked a smile and let loose a few laughs, cheering him up a bit. "Oh yeah! You'd wish!" chided Mariam with crossed arms, slightly amused by this herself. Though Insera was less than entertained, and smacked Neseraph across the back of his head while demanding, "Knock. I would like to get a little rest tonight."
Rubbing the back of his head mockingly, grinning ear-to-ear, Neseraph complied and rapped three times on the door.
Knock! Knock! Knock!
Inside, a shuffle, then the sound of approaching footsteps.
"Who is there?" asked Virtue on the other side.
"Room service!" Neseraph called back. "Seems a 'Norriden' here ordered a deep tissue massage."
Insera had that look in her eye like she was about to shoot Neseraph in the foot again. "Insera and Neseraph," she raised her voice over his nonsense.
After a moment, the door swung open for them and Virtue took a step back.
And that's when Insera and Zekial's eyes locked hatefully onto one another.

Anonymous

Norriden listened intently as the information to be given out would lead the lot of them a step closer to Mother. And Norriden a step closer to Nazune. His hopes were somewhat dashed when Zekial continued on about the sword being taken from him by a servant of Mother. The abomination's thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. He raised his gun again, assuming that it might be Skylance again, only to lower it when he heard Neseraph crack his joke. When the door was opened by Virtue, the three SSHE veterans could almost feel the tension in the area.
Morrigan was facing Zekial at the time the door was opened and she could clearly see his hatred. Tesri was facing the door, therefore, Insera when it was opened. Kaité had the presence of mind to back away from behind Zekial as if bullets were about to fly. To the SSHE agents, this was about to break into a death match.
"Look, Zek. You are currently in no position to be picking a fight with anyone amongst us. You are clearly outnumbered and I can only do so much to help you." Morrigan broke the silence by placing her hands upon the Blood Angel's cheeks and forcing him to face her. Their noses nearly touched with how close they were to one another. Norriden walked around the corner of the doorway to face Neseraph and Insera to greet them and their friends.
"You seem tired, Insera. Perhaps you should come in and get some rest." Norriden offered as he unknowingly broke the eye contact between the bitter enemies.
"Who are your friends?" The demonic angel questioned as he looked around at the others behind Neseraph.

Doji's eyes shot open when she heard Satrina mention something about making sure if Xurlaq made it to the stairway. She almost instantly turned away from Noubohri and bee lined for the door.
"Stay here, my love. I'm going to stop Satrina before she gets herself killed." Doji called out as she rounded the corner of the distorted doorway. She knew Xurlaq more than anyone and he would more than likely slay and pursuers on the spot. Doji didn't need that guilt.

Meanwhile, the said demon remained seated at the top of the stairway, scaring any civilians that attempted to pass by. For once in his destructive exsistance, he looked sad.

Anonymous

((Gah, so sorry for waiting a minute to post.  Somehow I convinced myself that I'd already posted and yaddayaddayadda carrying on now.))

Doji didn't have to walk very far out of the room to find Satrina, who walked just far enough so she could see the massive door busting demon and stood fast.  She'd been wondering why the big guy stopped and sat down at the top of the stairs and was in the middle of guessing whether or not he was trying to ambush them when she'd heard Doji yell.

"Kill me huh?" she grinned.  "Sounds like fun, I wonder how fast he could do it.  I think the fastest-"

Zaphikel cleared his throat loudly.  "There's no time to wait for you to... reassemble or whatever!"

Satrina pouted and stuck her tongue out at the doorway.  "Hmph.  I don't take that long..."

Being tired was all the more reason to drink beer and eat.  It made you lethargic and slowed reaction times down a little but, it felt... nice.  Though, if it was just Neseraph and himself, there would be more beer for them.  He watched Neseraph talk with the receptionist and walked back to the group once he did, saying on the way:

"I should have enough money for plenty of drinks.  Inside us, though.  On us would be a waste of beer."

Vivante walked at the back of the group when they headed for the stairs.  He watched the troupe of uniforms head down, but didn't recognize the uniform and stopped looking at them before they left his field of vision.

Then Neseraph brought up something interesting.  Beach volleyball.  Separately, he knew what each word was, but together they sounded like something that involved lots of alcohol and bare breasts.  After not-so-subtly giving Mariam a once over, Vivante decided that he was going to have to learn more about this spectacle.

Vivante's first thought, when the door was opened, was that they interrupted something going on amongst the room's occupants.  All the shuffling around and the blunt hate on that one's face, which now had a woman in it - probably trying to calm him down, made it seem that way.  Vivante stopped paying attention to the crowd when one of them walked to the door to greet him, squinting his eyes a little bit.  The man seemed a little familiar, but Vivante couldn't remember where he'd seen him or what his name was.

Anonymous

Insera's hand instantly dove into her trouser pocket, intent on drawing a handgun and putting a bullet between Zekial's eyes.
Neseraph, however, was quick as well. From the moment he saw Zekial, he knew there was going to be trouble. He grabbed Insera's gun-searching hand by the wrist, preventing her from taking the weapon out of her pocket, and forced her to look into his own eyes with the other hand. "Insera. Please. Listen to me. Don't do this. Don't start this. We're almost there! Think about what you said about Bishop earlier-"
"This is not about my hatred of angels!" she hissed back at him. "This is about me and the man who wrongfully accused and tried to kill me! It does not matter at all what he is, but what he did!"
Mariam maternally guided Leon back away from the scene, who watched in nervous bewilderment at the events unfolding, and tried to get an assessment of the situation herself.
"Hey... Diane..." Neseraph shook his head a little for saying that, but continued, "Remember? You didn't kill Sine? Like what, a couple hours ago? She was one of the main ones involved in Bishop's death! I'm not asking you to forgive Zekial for what he's done to you. I just need you to forget he's there, babe. Just for now, just until we get back home... okay?"
Insera didn't say anything, only stared intensely back into Neseraph's eyes.
Mariam inched closer and laid a beseeching hand on her shoulder.
"Okay?" Neseraph repeated.
After a few moments, Insera finally spoke in a low, definitive growl, "If he... so much... as talks to me... even one word... I will kill him."
Leon's eyes slowly widened as if he could believe what he heard, while Virtue remained apprehensive about the whole situation. Neseraph, gradually, let off of her with a quiet, "Okay... that's fair."
Insera sighed slowly, then replied to Norriden without looking at him, "That I will." She broke away from Neseraph and strode into the room, avoiding eye contact with Zekial and eventually throwing herself down on one of the empty beds without another word.
"Well, uh," started Neseraph with a grin, shifting gears instantly once Insera was, for the most part, calmed down. In response to Norriden's inquiry, he pointed behind himself and said, "These cats? Well, it just so happened that Grizrend decided to send more suckers into the future too. Or, maybe Mariam here just wanted to see what it was like and flashed Grizrend so she could have a look-see-"
Mariam smacked Neseraph on the back of his shoulder and replied playfully, "Shut up!" Then, on a whim, she shoved Vivante as well and added with a grin, "For looking me over you perv! Don't think I didn't see!"
Neseraph chuckled a little and introduced, "Detective Mariam Serra, Norriden-and-friends. Norriden-and-friends, Detective Mariam Serra.
"Then there's Vivante over here, mutual friend of Insera and mine. This guy's full of one-liners, you're gonna love 'em!
"And I'd also like to introduce," Neseraph faltered a bit, but quickly picked his cheerful tone back up, "Leon Keller. Can't be a day over eighteen, but looks like a reasonable kid. Mighta skipped school a couple times, but who's countin'?"
Leon, for the first time, actually noticed the occupants of the room: the strange hair colors, the weapons, but more over, the appearances of Norriden in particular. He'd never seen anything like it before, and he was so overwhelmed by everything that he could only manage a slight wave and a quiet, "Hey..."
After the intros, Neseraph ushered his companions into the room and closed the door behind himself. It was starting to get a little awkward carrying on a conversation with someone you know outside the room.

Meanwhile, Zekial mustered all the necessary willpower it took to remain relatively still and look back into Morrigan's eyes. "This... is dangerous. Very dangerous," said Zekial in a low whisper, one of his brows twitching furiously every few seconds. But, she was right in all honesty. This wouldn't look too good for his employment future with the SSHE. Then, he overheard Insera's compromise and had to reaffirm that he heard that correctly. Even though it wasn't Insera that he was truly worried about, he managed to force the resolve to say to Morrigan, "You're right," and slowly relax his tensed muscles.
He saw Insera heading into the room only through his peripheral vision. He knew he needed a minute to collect his thoughts and composure on the situation, so he broke away from Morrigan and went straight for the bathroom, leaving the door open behind himself as he entered.

"Gotta be up here, bro."
"Are you sure we're in the right place?"
Haze and Atel sluggishly ascended the staircase of the Skylight side-by-side. The brother hellsends were busy arguing after they got a vague tip and unfruitful results from searching.
"Why would'e lie to me?" challenged Haze. "You know his word is good."
"Bro, I'm just sayin'," interjected Atel, "Maybe he gotta look at the wrong broad."
"How can you mistake Mary, man? Come on, she don't dress like she from around here, bro."
"Look, I'm just sayin' the dude mighta got bad eyes or some shit-"
"Bro, are you on drugs?"
As they rounded the last turn before the landing to the next floor, they both immediately noticed Xurlaq sitting on the top of the staircase. Despite the condition he was in, he was still very intimidating, especially to those who knew who he was.
"Uh... let's try again later," said Atel as he backed up.
"Good idea, bro," agreed Haze as both instantly pulled a one-eighty and started back down the staircase.