Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Skylight Planning

Started by Anonymous, September 20, 2007, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Differences were brushed aside and tension was calmed. Tesri and Kaité lowered their own tense feeling once the potential fight was prevented. Kaité has yet to find out about Zekial joining up with the SSHE, but either way, it would have been bad for the Blood Angel. Especially since the green haired healer was also the organization's Fencing master. Norriden, not really understanding Insera's current offensive feeling, simply backed away from the door enough for the woman to enter. He watched as she made her way to the bed and laid down.
Then came the introduction. Norriden nodded in a greeting manner to each Mariam and Vivante. Though, his thoughts and actions were all stopped when he heard the third one's name. After Neseraph brought the three into the room and closed the door, Norriden's gloved hand was found, placed upon Leon's shoulder. The demonic angel then made eye contact with the boy.
"Bishop was a great man. I trust that you are as brave and honorable as he was. He deserves nothing more than that of his own kin." There was an obvious sincerity in Norriden's eyes when he spoke to Leon. It was apparent that he knew Bishop.

Doji stopped in her tracks when she rounded the corner. Xurlaq was still very near and Satrina was far too close to him. Merely being in the same hallway as the beast was too close, as his tail alone could reach the end, if extended enough. The unintentional seductress placed a lithe hand upon her attendant's shoulder and slowly moved passed her. Xurlaq was too dazed with grief to notice anything around him. Even Haze and Atel didn't draw his attention. Doji stopped moving when she stood somewhat next to him.
"Father, I'm rising. To be with my family. I'm no longer your prized slayer like I used to be. It doesn't matter if you accept that or not. I love my family. I just want you to understand that." After her brief moment of words, the risen demon backed away from the hulking monster and turned to move back towards Satrina and the room. Xurlaq didn't budge. He sat there and continued to pout.

Anonymous

Satrina snorted when Doji walked right past her and began moving toward Captain Coitus Interruptus.  Wasn't that what Doji didn't want her doing?  Because she'd get killed?  She leveled her gun at the bigger of the demons and hissed. "Z."

Zaphikel crawled into the hallway, yanking the strap from the end of his braid.

Both of them watched.  Waiting for the demon to look at Doji the wrong way.  They'd already let him touch her once too many.  Doji talked to him, the demon did nothing, and Doji turned back to the room.

Satrina glanced down at Zaphikel.  Who, feeling the proverbial eyes on him, looked up at Satrina.  She smirked.  "Well gee Z, if I'da known you'd be trying to look up my skirt I wouldn't have dressed so modestly."

Zaphikel choked on his next breath and began watching Doji again, his face reddening again.

Satrina chuckled.

Vivante forgot about the familiar-ish man at the door, one hand reaching back for his buriza when In-serah's hand went to her pockets.  Whoever In-Serah's metal crossbow hit would get a second helping of quarrel soon enough.  Or... not.  Neseraph was stopping In-Serah from attacking.  Vivante watched, staring down everyone he could see from his current position.  Had to make sure no one was going to try a sneak attack while Neseraph was holding In-Serah back.  Neseraph probably wasn't aware of the danger just yet...

Or maybe there was no danger.  Vivante leaned forward a little so he could watch In-Serah enter the room.  She didn't do anything except fall into bed.  She wouldn't have slept if there was something dangerous around, but she probably wasn't going to go dri-

He got the distinct feeling that someone... shoved him.  Neseraph had been teasing about Mariam's breasts again, got hit and- Oh, was this a lesser form of In-Serah's slap technique?  Vivante stared at Mariam, looked like they both could learn a thing or two from In-Serah.  He'd have to make sure he didn't let her catch him looking her over again.  He guessed that was why they called it a once over.  Get it out of the way once, so however they react then isn't as bad as it could be later.  Vivante shrugged, slightly, looking back at the man at the door.

Norriden.  The name didn't sound that familiar.  He nodded when Neseraph said his name.  When Norriden came up to the boy and began talking about how great Bishop was, Vivante looked at Neseraph and nodded.  They only really saved the boy a few minutes of thinking his father was alive.  He strode into the room once the door was clear and stood next to In-Serah's bed, crossed his arms and stared at the other people scattered throughout it.

Anonymous

Radiance, leaning against the door in his room, listened intently on the slightly muffled voices outside in the hallway. One of the voices was definitely Satrina, the others belonging to the various twits in Alexian's service presumably. Perhaps she was on her way out to some place private? If so, he had to be ready to establish contact with her as the liaison for Mother.
He continued to listen, much less for voices now in lieu of footsteps.

Virtue, as usual, was at a loss to understand exactly what was said about the boy and the other two newcomers. However, they all seemed to be in good standing with Norriden and Neseraph, so she finally allowed herself to relax her guard and holster her weapon.
Leon flinched a little when the strange man's hand fell onto his shoulder, mostly because he assumed the worst due to Norriden's otherwordly appearance; even Grizrend had shocked him the first time he saw him. After Norriden's words were spoken though, he relaxed and asked curiously, "Woah, you knew him? He knew you?"
That whole exchange sparked Mariam to ask of Neseraph, "So I see you've been busy way out here in the future. Just what is it that you're doing? Grizrend said you were supposed to be hiding out here."
Neseraph chuckled, and answered the question as he went to go select his own bed, "That was the plan. It's complicated, but let's just say that we ended up meetin' a bunch of old 'friends' out here. Things happened, the shit hit the fan, somewhere along the way we all eventually met Norriden and his family, and here we are."
Mariam casually strolled after him, taking a gander at everyone she passed, and probed, "Sooo... what exactly are you doing out here now?"
"Hey Virtue, that's your que," said Neseraph as he started undoing his boot laces.
The proxy, caught slightly offguard at first, quickly picked up the ball. She summarized everything that had happened with the High Seraphim Mother, and everything she did to offend both Norriden and Neseraph. She told Mariam everything she knew of Norriden, Morrigan, Tesri, Rosa, Satrina, Noubohri, Zaphikel, Doji, Nazune, Alexian, Elial, and herself. Though it was a lot to take in, both Mariam and Leon seemed very interested in the matter, if not slightly overwhelmed as well.
"And tomorrow, we seek the other sword which holds my Creator's power, wherever it may be. Once it is secured, we may finally take the fight to Mother," Virtue finished.
Mariam perked an eyebrow and slowly reverted her glance back to Neseraph, who made like Insera and was relaxing on one of the beds. "So, I see that you got your hands full."
"You mean our hands full," replied Neseraph, then came back with a grin, "But I do know two things I'd like to get my hands full of-"
Insera's shoe, with extraordinary accuracy, flew across the room and smacked Neseraph in the face. ("Ow!!") She then, her face still buried in the pillow, took off her other shoe and handed it up to Vivante, mumbling, "If he says something else before I fall asleep, hit him in his crotch with this."
Ignoring the normal physical abuse of Neseraph, Virtue said to Mariam, "Lady Serra, you may also want to get some rest." Then, glancing at the others in the room, "As we all should."
Mariam stretched, then took up the suggestion, "I suppose. I guess we do have exorbitantly-powered, cosmic beings to fight tomorrow or something. You should too, Leon."
And Leon, who didn't notice how long his day was and how tired he truly was until she mentioned it, replied after a hearty yawn, "Yeah."

Zekial could hear everyone in the background of his mind, but had them all tuned out. He placed his hands on the bathroom counter and leaned into it, mulling over the thought of being so close to Insera but being unable to strike her down at the same time. He had his commitment to fulfill, whether or not if it was right or wrong, or if it had been ages since it was enacted. He honestly didn't know if he would be able to hold back, or if she would either.
Though if the hammer did fall, and if it was Insera that attacked first...
Perhaps...

"something else..." murmured Neseraph as he nuzzled his head into his pillow, trying to look innocently asleep.

Anonymous

Norriden nodded when Leon expressed his surprise about his father's connections. He then turned his attention upon Virtue when Neseraph gave her the que. Indeed it was a long story and introduction for what it was worth, but it was meant to fill in a bit of insight to the new faces. Needless to say, almost everyone was tired and rest was needed.
The next morning, however, Tesri was still awake. He was crouched next to the sliding glass door that lead outside. He was pretty much the only one that thought it necessary to keep a night watch. Extra precaution never did hurt. Morrigan was wherever Zekial was. She would be found, slumped up with her back against the wall and her head, unintentionally propped upon the blood angel's shoulder. She was beside him, only for the fact that she felt he needed protection, in case Insera decided to make a move in his sleep.
Norriden and Kaité were both position on either side of the door. Norriden slept with a tight grip upon the blade of the Splendor. Rosa twitched in her sleep when a light knock sounded on the door. Kaité was the only one that was seemingly affected by it. She stood up, with her back still to the wall and slowly placed her hand upon the door knob.
"If anyone is awake in there, it's Norriden's parents." Doji's voice could be heard from the other side. Kaité smiled and slowly opened the door. There stood Doji, still somewhat wrapped around Noubohri, with her Attendants more than likely close behind.

Anonymous

Zaphikel was close behind at least.  Satrina claimed that Raziel contacted her during the night, that she needed to speak with him and if Manakel had a problem then he could take it up directly with Raziel.  It was too early in the morning to fight it out with her.  As long as she stayed in the hotel, was able to get to them quickly and didn't make a habit of it, Zaphikel had no problem with Satrina contacting her mentor.

Though, earning Raziel's ire might be enough to keep him out of Think Tank... It was something to consider another morning.  He was too tired to care.  Surprising how exhausting staring at someone's foot all night could be.  He wouldn't be surprised if he ruptured every single capillary in his face either...  He blinked slowly and stood up a little straighter.

Vivante had taken the shoe and nodded.  It was a horrible thing to hit another man in the crotch, especially with another person's shoe, but In-Serah trusted him to make sure he didn't say anything inappropriate while she was catching her sleep.  It didn't seem like he would need to though.  Everyone was falling asleep.

Vivante decided that he would take first watch.  Which, as the hours went on, became a second watch and a third watch...  That member of Norriden's crew didn't try to wake anyone else up for another shift and if he could stand guard the entire night, then so could he.  When the morning came, he was leaning against the wall next to In-Serah's bed, her shoe still in his hand.  He didn't look that worse for wear, but it was hard to tell if he had any bags under his eyes because of the black marks under them and he wasn't yawning or getting saggy eyed.  He glared at the door when a person began tapping on it.  Looked like the green haired girl had it covered.  He'd back her up if she needed it.

Satrina paced around the lobby, fiddling with her belt buckle and looking around.  She had to look suspicious.  Oh well, she had to get her nerves together.  If this... Mother person contacted her, they'd talk, if she didn't, tough, she'd go on.  There wouldn't be many chances like this, moments she could talk alone.  Zaphikel bought her excuse this time... Gabriel's bloody horn, he could be asking Manakel to go talk to Raziel now for all she knew.  One chance...

Time to see if it went anywhere.

Anonymous

"She's ready," spoke Radiance as the proxy in the noble's guise descended the steps to the lobby.

Virtue, like Vivante and Tesri, also stood watch in her own way. She watched as the others gradually began to doze off; most of them, however, found the walls and the floor more comfortable than a bed. Zekial finally came out of the bathroom after an hour or so, slouching up against the wall next to it and collapsing into what seemed to be a forced rest.
The following morning was announced more by the knocking at the door rather than the gradual level of light leaking through the windows.
Insera groaned and rolled over, while Leon spoke in a sleepy daze, "Uh... gimme a couple more minutes... please..."
Virtue turned to open the door herself, but Kaite already did. Norriden's parents were there, along with one of Doji's guardians. Just a few moments after the door was opened though, Alexian and Elial strode through it, the sooner of the two proclaiming cheerfully, "Good morning, everyone."
"Rise and shines..." mumbled Neseraph with a lazy smirk as he sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes.
Mariam and Zekial, at least, seemed to be able to get up without protest. Mariam popped out of bed like a daily routine and quickly began to slip back into her normal clothes and fix her hair, while Zekial's eyes opened up wide awake. The Blood Angel also took notice of a strange weight on his shoulder, then chuckled when he glanced over to see Morrigan making a pillow out of said shoulder.

Alexian waited while everyone woke up, absorbing the information about the newcomers from Virtue. Leon, just rolling out of bed while most of the others were getting dressed, was probably the last among them to finally wake up, and really only because Mariam nearly ended up kicking him out of it. Neseraph hogged the bathroom for an inordinately long time ("To get that nice, squeaky clean on them teeth!"), while Insera had the hardest time locating her shoe-turned-deadly-projectile (And thanking Vivante for being so useful and patting him on the shoulder after she secured her other shoe from him). The only thing Zekial did was merely stand and brush himself off, waiting on the others for the most part.
Elial, still at Alexian's side, occasionally caught himself staring down Insera as she went about her morning routine, despite what he eventually promised Alexian the night prior in their room. And Insera, once everyone was dressed, finished and gathered, found herself occasionally staring back at the Archangel; it was truly a test of sheer restraint and willpower to be in the same room as the two men she hated most. The memory of Bishop and the presence of Leon helped tremendously to calm her down.
"I trust everyone is well rested?" asked Alexian to start things off.
"I am. Not quite so sure about this guy," said Neseraph with a nod and a wink to Noubohri. As if it were second nature, Neseraph got smacked in the back of the head by Insera, who stood dutifully behind him to keep him in line. Leon couldn't help but to snicker a little at the slapstick.
"First, I would like to introduce myself to and cordially welcome the newest members of our party," Alexian spoke with a smile. "Vivante, Mariam, Leon, Zekial, my name is Alexiannastraziel, and I bid all of you a warm welcome."
"Pleasure to meet ya," replied Mariam.
"Hey. What's up," said Leon, still slightly unsure about the whole everything.
"Sure," Zekial spoke simply.
Neseraph leaned into Vivante's ear and whispered, "That's a mouthful, ain't it? I just call her Alex for short."
After the introductions, Elial took over, "I am still bound by Mother's power, and connected to her through it. As such, I can faintly hear her thoughts as if they were my own. Inbetween the madness, I know that, this day, she seeks to have Reigne's sword delivered to her in the city of Reajh. For what reason or purpose she has chosen this place or why she has taken so long to get the sword, I know not.
"But I do know this: She is very confident. Whatever it is that she is planning, she is very excited and very sure that it will all fall into place. I would advise that we remain cautious throughout our endeavors."
Even Alexian didn't like the sound of Reajh as their destination. It was dangerous, moreso than Arca or Ketra because of the strict, anti-magic mentality in the region. The city would be like a hornet's nest should the citizens see or suspect any kind of magical influence among the group. The more she thought about it, the more Alexian thought that that was a contributing reason for it being Mother's chosen city.
Zekial took a moment, but chimed in with, "Once in Reajh then, I can help track down the sword. By being close to it, I'll be able to sense and home in on its presence."
Elial nodded to him, "Very well then, Zekial. You shall lead us once we arrive there."

After a good few moments of pacing, the sounds of the world lowered and that familiar silence crept in for Satrina.

Satrina... Have you thought long about my offer to you, darling? Ask of me anything that you would wish...
Mother's voice entered her mind, and she could probably tell that there was a slight hint of eagerness in it as she spoke.

Anonymous

Norriden opened his eyes when the door was opened. He stood up if only but to smile and welcome his parents in. His smile faded and his facade became a bit more serious when Alexian and Elial entered the room. Rosa, having the most rest, was almost the first to get up from her bed and onto her feet. With simply a yawn and a stretch, she was ready for the day. Tesri continued to monitor the outside while everyone else got up and around.
With introductions and concerns aside, Norriden was more eager about the next course of action. He calmly waited until Elial got down to business. Morrigan was the last to exit the bathroom as the Splendor began on his soapbox. When the mention of Reajh was thrown out, Morrigan, Kaité, Noubohri, and even Tesri looked away from the window to face Norriden. They know more than anyone that the demonic angel has little control over his wings. He cannot simply put them away like any other angel or demon. They knew that would be trouble for them when it came to the Anti-Magic Kingdom.
Norriden was obviously frustrated with Mother's choice of location because of how he grinding his teeth. It was almost clear that Norriden was the main reason Mother positioned her movements in the one place the demonic angel can't stroll around freely. Things were becoming much more difficult than he would have imagined. Norriden turned his brief attention to Zekial when he spoke up.
"Then we move out." The demonic angel added as soon as Elial's sentence was finished. Without a word, Norriden turned to the door and began to head out. Noubohri sighed and looked down as his son left the room.

Anonymous

Zaphikel couldn't keep his eyes from trailing over to the beds, especially to the kid that remained coiled up in one while the others were beginning to wake up.  Normally the attendants would sleep in shifts while their charge was sleeping, but last night, with Doji's father lurking around, was too dangerous for that.  They wouldn't want to be caught off guard if he decided to come back in the dead of night.  All-nighters weren't Zaphikel's cup of tea, he needed at least a couple hours of rest every day to be at his best.  At this rate, he was going to need a cup of coffee, or two.

Vivante watched In-Serah wander around the room, looking at the floor.  Did she sleep well?  Was she trying to avoid looking at another of the people?  The room was getting full fast.  Vivante's stomach grumbled, his scowled for a moment, his face clearing up once In-Serah approached him with her other shoe.  "Anytime In-Serah," he replied, moving to stand near her and Neseraph as everyone gathered around the second group of visitors.

Zaphikel tried not to grumble when the angel with Elial (it really was amazing just how many times the Archangel was able to return to life, Zaphikel wondered if he'd ever actually been dead.) inquired about the group's collective rest.  Vivante looking at her once she mentioned his name.  That was one more name down.  He wondered if the rest of the people were going to introduce themselves now?  He nodded once she finished talking and glanced at Neseraph when he began whispering.

"Yes, she has a very long name.  I will follow your lead Neseraph." he whispered back.

Zaphikel blanched a little when the female angel introduced herself.  Alexiannastraziel!  The High Seraphim!  He felt a little dizzy.  He never expected to see a High Seraphim, least of all on Earth.  Should he be on his knees?  How did one defer to a High Seraphim anyway?  Was it even necessary?  She didn't seem to be interested in protocol at the moment.  Zaphikel told himself to calm down.  The two of them listened quietly while Elial continued, Zaphikel not quite following what was being said but getting the idea that asking about what was happening wasn't the right thing to do at the moment.  Besides, it wasn't anything he needed to worry about, his only concern was Doji.

Vivante watched Norriden stride out the door and turned back to Neseraph and In-Serah.  "Reajh is far away.  It would be best for us to eat before leaving.  We need our strength."

There it was.  The dimming of sound and the voice in her head.  Here went nothing.  Satrina smiled a little, saying "One moment."  She took her belt buckle off, opened it and took out a pinch of black powder, blew on it and whispered.  The little portal opened up and Satrina drew a silver pot with a silver brush from it.  She squatted down and drew a red cross on the ground.  A clerk, seeing what she was doing yelled: "What do you think you are doing!"  Satrina ignored him, drawing a little character on each point of the cross, drew a wide circle around the intersection of the cross, stood and stepped inside it.

The clerk, once it was obvious that he was being ignored, left his desk and began marching over to the insane woman.  Who let the likes of her in here anyway?  She was probably going to start sputtering doomsday prophecies any minute now.  The Skylight hotel didn't stand for that sort of nonsense.  He started to walk a little faster once she stood up.  Then stopped.  He could have sworn he saw something that bothered him just a moment ago.  A crazy woman, drawing all over the floor.  No matter, there was a bum sitting next to the door.  The clerk stalked toward the door.

"That's better." Satrina said.  There was no way she couldn't look awkward talking to herself in the middle of the lobby.  The glyph, however, would keep just about anyone from taking interest in what she was doing.  She would seem to be the most mundane, boring thing in the lobby.  Their attention simply wouldn't stick to her.  Even anyone watching her drawing on the floor wouldn't be able to maintain their interest.  She didn't think there was anyone among the little group Doji attached herself to that was familiar enough with her to see her through the aura of disinterest.

"I've thought about it.  Spent most of the night thinking about it... I have to see if you can help me.  Mother, if I do this for you," she looked down at the glyph, then up at the ceiling.  "You have to help me free the other half of my soul."

Anonymous

Norriden surely was ready, and was out the door as soon as the plan was laid out. Alexian, hoping to catch Norriden while he was still within earshot, added quickly, "We must make certain that we do not rouse suspicion or outright contempt from the locals of Connlaoth. What I know of Earth, I know that they are a people that do not tolerate anything even remotely magical. Unless there is no other choice, we must refrain from using such abilities that would bring their ire."
Elial nodded in affirmation to Alexian's point. Mother knew this very well, and it was in fact one of her key reasons in choosing Reajh as the haven for her newest 'play' with Nazune. "Godspeed, all of you. I will meet you at the front," said the Archangel before he too left the room.
Of those that were left, Virtue told them, "I can meet all of you at Reajh's city limits, to group back up before we enter the city." On that note, Virtue was winked out of existance for the time being, along with Alexian with a smile. (On any other day, in the normal world, Leon would have shouted out loud at that kind of sight, but he merely gasped before calming back down.)
To Neseraph, Vivante had a very good point, especially when it was backed up by the realization that he was, in fact, quite hungry. "Well Viv, we just have to get some Take-Out; I feel ya, but we don't wanna miss this party."
With a glance back to Mariam and Leon, Insera commented, "The least Elial could have done was help carry one of us without wings..." Then, on the subject of breakfast, "Yes, certainly we could get something to eat for the trip."
"That makes three of us," chimed in Mariam.
"Kinky!" Neseraph was quick to blurt out-
SLAP.
After stifling his laughter at Neseraph getting slapped across the face by Insera, Leon tossed in, "Sure thing, I'm starvin'."
Zekial cracked his knuckles, then asked of Morrigan, "Shall we?"

Mother remained quiet until Satrina was ready to speak. Then, after her request, she spoke:

Of course, child. Whatever you wish from me shall be granted to you, in just reward for your service.
She paused for a moment, then she spoke again at last of what she wanted in return:
What I wish of you is just a simple favor, darling...
Norriden's mother. I wish to have her delivered to me. I want to show him exactly what it is that he is trying to do to my daughter Nazune... I want to show him just how cold the world can be for one who has lost their mother. She shall not perish, but shall be kept from his grasp until he renounces all that he is doing. It pains me greatly that I must resort to such measures, but Norriden simply will not heed me unless something drastic is done...
This is what I would ask of you, Satrina... Bring her into the village of the Light Mages, La'Marri. Once there, I will do the rest. It does not matter how she gets there, only that she does so.
Will you do this for me, child...?

((Gonna start up the next thread in Reajh, "All Points Collide" and start movin some chars over there))

Anonymous

Kaité and Tesri looked at each other when Insera threw in her complaint. With a nod from Tesri, Kaité looked towards Rosa.
"Rosa, go with Norriden. Tesri and I are gonna stay back and help the others." Kaité noted, receiving a nod from the amnesic woman. Not wasting a moment, Rosa hurried out of the room to try to catch up with Norriden. Tesri then approached Neseraph, Insera and company.
"I'm sure Kaité and myself can be of some assistance." The younger demonic angel spoke up.
Morrigan, on the other hand, smiled at Zekial and proceeded out of the room before him. She took his words as an offer to give her a 'ride' to Reajh. Noubohri and Doji didn't exchange any words anyone. They simply left with the departing crowd, still very close to one another.

Anonymous

Satrina listened, nodded.  Once the voice was done she crossed her arms and thought.  Tri-Sept wouldn't be happy about one of it's Risen getting into the hands of a High Seraphim, especially without attendants.

Though... if Mother came through on her words, she wouldn't really have to worry about Tri-Sept anymore.  She was sure Z would be able to survive, after all, he wouldn't have been involved enough to get in trouble.  He'd catch a bitching, if she knew Manakel.  Doji now, she had to make sure Mother wasn't going to do anything to her.  Nothing fatal, nothing that would leave a mark, or cripple her or make her ineligible for the Risen program once she was set free.  Just because there wasn't much that would be able to touch her once she was finished with this task and claimed her reward, didn't mean there couldn't be lasting effects for everyone else involved.  Had to make sure she wasn't treading anyone else down.

"I'll do it.  But, only if you swear by your own heavenly soul that you won't harm Doji Soweh or change her in anyway while you keep her away from that abomination."

Vivante nodded.  "The market should be open.  We can get small things, bread and fruit.  Things we can carry with us while flying."  He took a step toward the door, then stopped to see if the others had any food opinions.

Zaphikel almost nodded off.  He caught himself as his eyes started to get heavy and wondered if there was any coffee to be had between here an 'Reajh'.  Where was Satrina anyway?  Wouldn't be a good thing if she got left behind.  Not like she'd be able to contact him, no telepathy.  Next time he contacted Manakel he'd be sure to ask for a telepathy ring.  Be useful for her.  Oh wait, looked like Doji was leaving.  Still glued at the Archangel's hip...  Not like she really was going to tear herself away from him anytime soon.  He trotted after them and cleared his throat.  "Pardon, Doji," he placed a hand lightly on her shoulder.  "Need to talk with you for a moment.  Alone."  He bowed in Noubohri's direction after the last word, taking his hand off Doji when he did.

Anonymous

Radiance, who found it extremely difficult to keep his eyes on Satrina when the conversation began, could nonetheless hear the exchange between Mother and the Malakim from his creator's perspective. He twitched an eyebrow at Satrina's stipulation, mainly because he could tangibly feel his creator's disappointment.
There was a moment of pause after Satrina's reply, then Mother spoke again:

That is one promise that I cannot guarantee, darling, for it is not my decision to make... it would be Norriden's. If he so wished to forsake his own mother, then I would have no choice but to follow through. If, however, he did renounce his path, then she would be returned to him in good faith. Know also that Norriden's mother will not simply allow herself into my custody, and that is not something that I can merely ask of her. As such, I am again forced to do what is necesary...
These times are hard, and as such call all of us to do things which may be difficult for us, child... but do them we must. If you are uncomfortable with this, Satrina, then I will leave you now.

Very slowly, the sounds of the world began to come back to an audible level as Mother's presence started to leave. She wasn't leaving much time for a well thought-out decision.

Vivante, arguably the most 'local' out of the lot, had the best option for breakfast. And Tesri and Kaite provided the missing means of transportation, which, at least because of the sooner of the two, surprised Insera to a degree.
"Well then, you guys should come with!" Neseraph suggested to the two of them. "Just down the way. Won't take long. Gonna grab some shit on the go, then we can take off. 'Cause you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

It didn't take too long to find one of those food vendors after exiting the Skylight; in fact, there was a merchant with a rolling cart full of (relatively) non-perishable foods parked just outside of the hotel.
Leon, more amazed than the others, mentioned as he browsed, "It's not that much different. I thought bread and stuff would be... well..."
"It's still the same Earth though, hun, just in the future- hey, hello!" Mariam started to explain until her eyes locked onto the rough equivalent of a modern-day honeybun -- except the honey was very visible and not just a light glaze.
Neseraph was busy searching for that one piece of fruit that he was looking for, the only type of fruit that could possibly sustain him... and use for his entertainment.
Insera only concerned herself with picking up some various rolls for some quick, starchy energy for the morning's coming events in Reajh.
"There it is! Sweet gods of potassium!" Neseraph unsheathed a large banana from underneath a pile of other miscellaneous stuff, then turned and said, "Hey Insera... want a banana?"
"Yes, please."
"REALLY!?" Neseraph grinned ear-to-ear-
Insera hauled off and punched Neseraph straight in his nose, actually catching him offguard with her unconventional attack and knocking him flat on his rear. "No, not really. For once, I thought I might give you a chance and you failed... miserably."
"Did I ever tell you that you have the most beautiful and enchanting eyes I've ever seen?"
Mariam smirked and shook her head, while Leon kept wishing that he'd brought his camera-phone with him. Insera, though, asked of Vivante with some lingering bits of annoyance still in her voice, "Would you mind paying for this so that we can go?"

Anonymous

Doji looked at Zaphikel as if he spoke to her in a foreign language. She couldn't help but smile at him before she spoke up,
"Look, Z. Whatever to have to say to me, you can say in front of my dear Noub. Besides, you act as if I won't turn around and tell him about what we talked about."

Tesri kept a smile as he watched the everyday antics of Neseraph and Insera. They were the amusing pair. He had already started chewing on an apple from the cart, if nothing else. Kaité had pocketed a pear, after letting the merchant know she had it. When Insera had asked Vivante to pay, Kaité had already stepped up to the merchant with the payment.
"We have little time to spare as the others wait for us. I'm more familiar with Reajh, as that was my district of this world to monitor. Therefore, I can lead us there." Kaité noted as she extended a hand to Mariam. Tesri began to approach Leon as he finished off his apple.

Anonymous

Satrina felt her mouth dry out.  She understood, hard times called for hard measures.  There was no way Mother could ever bargain with the abomination if she didn't hold to her promises, no matter how harsh.  Satrina wrapped her arms tighter around herself as the background noise started to get louder.  Dammit!

"Then... then I can't.  That abomination only loves one thing... he would let his own mother burn if she couldn't make him happy anymore.  Doji actually wants to better herself, I can't let her get cut down by that abomination's selfishness... I can't do it.  Holy One... I'm sorry for wasting your time..."

Satrina fell to her knees and bowed her head, her forehead nearly touching the ground.  "i'm sorry tisiphone," she whispered.

Convenient, a merchant was right outside the Skylight, they wouldn't lose time wandering the streets to find one.  Vivante picked up an apple and a couple rolls, then stopped to watch Neseraph try to offer In-Serah a long yellow fruit he found.  But, it was a trick of some sorts... apparently Neseraph was supposed to deny In-Serah the fruit and take it for himself.  It made sense, she already had some food and that fruit was the only thing Neseraph had.  He was flying too, he didn't need to offer food to anyone.  Vivante was going to offer a hand to Neseraph, but In-Serah asked him to pay.  The last thing they needed was an angry merchant chasing after them.  That'd only come back to hurt them later, especially if they were hungry and in Ketra again.

Vivante approached the merchant and began fishing around in his pocket, balancing the apple and bread on his arm.

The merchant chuckled.  "No need son, no need.  The pretty lady there paid for you all," he gestured toward Kaité and winked.  "Honey, my son's available if you're lookin'."

Was the green haired woman's name Honey?  Vivante put that in the back of his mind for later and walked over to Neseraph, extended him the hand that had previously been in his pockets.  "Are you sure you want that one fruit Neseraph?  You will need more energy, you are flying."

Zaphikel couldn't return Doji's smile.  He lowered his eyes for a moment and sighed, bracing one hand against the wall.  "That's the problem Doji.  You are a candidate of the Risen demon program.  It's a hard program, you will lose some liberties while you are apart of it, but its necessary to find out who among the candidates has the potential to pledge themselves to Heaven.  That's not what I was going to tell you though." Zaphikel took a deep breath, bowed to Noubohri again and stood up straight.  His face was almost expressionless, but his eyebrows were lowered at the corners and his bottom lip quivered slightly.  "Doji, Lord Noubohri isn't your sponsoring Archangel, neither is he an attendant, he isn't associated with Tri-Sept in anyway... it wouldn't look good for you to be around him so much.  I understand it's been awhile since you've seen each other, I understand that it's hard to be taken away from someone you care about, and I'm not just trying to tell you this to make you feel better.  Please don't think I'm just feeding you lines.  Usually a matter like this would be taken up with the sponsoring Archangel first, but I feel we can handle this now, between us."

Zaphikel took another quick breath.  "We aren't telling you that you can't be with Noubohri, just... give each other space.  Besides," Zaphikel tried to smile.  "The absent heart can only grow fonder."

Anonymous

After shrugging off his physical abuse, Neseraph found the merchant's little offer to Kaite to be very amusing, and got a good laugh out of it.
But then Vivante was a tad concerned about his dietary decisions, and he was quick to reply with, "Don't worry Viv, potassium is like crack cocaine for me. We'll be fine or your money back."
"We had better be," Insera warned. "Now then, we go."
"If I drop you babe, I promise I'll kiss you where it hurts and make it all better," said Neseraph has he took a bite out of his chosen fruit.
SLAP!!!
Chunks of banana flew out of Neseraph's mouth as Insera's hand met his cheek, and she roughly grabbed hold of him. "Don't call me that."
Mariam shook her head again with an amused smile, saying "Silly guy", while Leon mentioned "Sick!" inbetween some snickers. After that, both them took hold of their respective 'rides' to Reajh, awkwardly at first as they were not quite used to flying in this manner yet.
"Alright, upsy-daisy Viv," said Neseraph as he grabbed the man and sprouted his wings. With a mighty flap to get airborne, the trio were off in the direction of Reajh to catch up with the others.

Anonymous

Doji placed her hand upon Zaphikel's cheek after hearing his reasoning. Her smile remained.
"Look, Zaphi dear. You may not know this, but I spent the last few centuries, believing Noubohri was dead. It wasn't until very recently that I have learned otherwise. And in case you haven't noticed yet, we're working for the same goal right now. Paired up to take care of the same means. As long as we fight together, I don't belong anywhere but at his side. Frankly, I don't even care what happens to me with the Risen Program as long as I'm with my family. Nothing will ever be placed above my family." Noubohri could help but smile after Doji explained herself. With those words, the two of them turned away from the attendant and headed for the staircase.

Anonymous

Zaphikel's smile dissolved into a look of wide eyed horror as Doji began explaining her own reasoning.  No... no... no.. NO!  Heavens it was too early for this...

"doji no..." he whispered as she turned and walked away.  

SATRINA!! Doji is on the staircase!!  Get to her immediately!!  I need to contact Manakel... we might have a Judas on our hands...

Zaphikel took a deep breath and pulled out his phone, he pressed a button and lifted it to his ear, taking a deep breath and putting his other hand in his pocket.

"My Lord... it's Zaphikel...."

"..."

"It's Doji... my Lord... she's failed the... excuse me... she's failed the test of loyalty."

".......!!!"

"It's the Archangel Noubohri my Lord... her words were... her words were... she doesn't want to put anything above her family... anything... my Lord."

"..... .......... ........................................ ... .......... ....... ....."

"My Lord?"

"............. ......... ................... ....."

Zaphikel bowed his head and took a deep breath.  "I understand."

SATRINA!! Doji is on the staircase!!  Get to her immediately!!  I need to contact Manakel... we might have a Judas on our hands...

Great... just great.  Satrina could feel the universe laughing at her.  She sat up stiffly, almost mechanically, the ends of her hair sliding through a few small silvery pools on the floor.  She drew her wings out and flapped them, using the momentum to draw herself up to her feet.  Once she could stand without her knees wobbling she drew her wings back in and began walking to the staircase.  Slowly, almost dragging her legs along, her shoulders slumped and her head halfway down.

Once she got to the bottom of the staircase she looked up and smiled a little bit, waiting for Doji to get a little closer before she said anything.  Her smile didn't reach her eyes.  They were glassy, the bottoms of them bright red and glistening.  There were a few shiny trails down the sides of her face.

Anonymous

As Doji and Noubohri neared the bottom of the stairs, they were greeted by the presence of Satrina. Doji was about to give out a cheery hello before she noticed something different.
"Were you crying Satrina? Why... why were you crying?" The demoness spoke with a bit of concern. Even Noubohri showed a bit of concern on his face.

Anonymous

".... ..... ... ...... ........"

His head still bowed, Zaphikel hung up and put away the phone.

A tear sliding halfway down Satrina's face took care of Doji's first question.  She let it fall, no use trying to rub it away, it was already there.  Doji had surely seen it.

Heavens, she hoped Zaphikel was wrong.  Nothing could be worse that putting so much hope in one being, only to have it shattered shortly after standing up for it.  She'd have to wait for him to finish contacting Manakel to find out...  At least she could keep Doji from going too far by explaining her tears.

"Just a bit of bad news.  I'll be alright in a minute."  

It wasn't much, but there wasn't much she could tell Doji without the lie about contacting Raziel becoming obvious.

Anonymous

Doji certainly was kept in the dark by the two that were supposed to watch over her and not even Noubohri knew that. Doji pulled herself away from Noubohri and wrapped an arm over Satrina's shoulder. Upon doing so, she wiped Satrina's face dry.
"There now, dear. Everything will be alright." She spoke reassuringly, not really knowing the true reason Satrina shed her tears.
"Norriden and the others are waiting for us. We should move along." She added, moving for the exit of the building with her arm still on Satrina's shoulders. Noubohri followed close behind.