Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

About the Mordecai

Started by Anonymous, January 20, 2008, 10:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just a few questions I hope someone can help me with:

1. Can they sense magic users?

2. Can they sense each other?

3. Are people born a Mordecai or is it an ability that appears when the children are older?

Thank you for whoever decides to take the time answering these questions ^^

Rhindeer

All very good questions! I'll have to add the answers into the Mordecai section! x3

Anyway! Here goes!

1. I think that some can sense magic users while some cannot. Some Mordecai may over time develop a sensitivity to magic and be able to sense it, especially those who deal with mages a lot. Every Mordecai has the potential to sense magic; I guess the best way to explain it is that just as people learn to distinguish different sounds or scents through practice, a Mordecai can begin to distinguish the difference in energy around people. Something like that, if that makes sense. xD

2. Definitely! Other Mordecai can "feel" each other, and Mordecai are often used to seek out other potential Mordecai.

3. People are born it, but it may manifest in people at different times. In some people they'll have the ability right from birth, while in others it won't awaken until later in life.

Any other questions are more than welcome! x3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Thanks, that helps a lot! <3

*gives a cookie and scampers off to finish character*

Anonymous

I have a question pertaining them!

If two Mordecai have a baby, will it be a Mordecai, or is it something that happens randomly?

Rhindeer

I think if two Mordecai have a baby, it's almost certain the baby will also be a Mordecai. :3 And Connlaoth does encourage those that have Mordecai in their family history to have children, to continue the bloodline and hope more Mordecai are produced.

So if two Mordecai have a kid, it' a pretty safe guarantee!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

1. can a MORDECAI and a mage be born inside the same family like brother and sister

2. how do u sign up to make your char a mordecai? is their a speacil council to apply for it or is it just a add on from birth?

3. also ive been looking for a way to apply for one of the academys in connloath? (srry for such noobish ?'s  :oops: )

Anonymous

I don't actually know about question one, but...

2. No, you just join like any other character. Just make sure that you respect what a Mordecai is essentially. ^^
3. You just basically say that you are in the academy as a Trainee. I have one now, and she's just a Mordecai. Just put it in your joining form and it's fine.

Rhindeer

There is no such thing as a n00bish question! :3

Keeci covered 'em! But as for number 1:

Yup! A Mordecai and a mage could be born inside the same family, even as brother and sister. :3 Maybe even as twins, assuming of course their abilities didn't manifest until after they were born!

Anonymous

im glad to here it will make my charters story very interesting from now on lol

Anonymous

Small questions
1. what is the range for mordecai's magic block
2. will magical projectials (eg fireballs) dissappear if they come in range of a mordecai
just i was thinking of sending my mage there and i want to know if he can just back away from the mordecai to regain his magic and attack them at a distance

Anonymous

1. It varies between Mordecai, so you can feel free to put it as whatever you want. Around 30 feet I beleive would be an average range. I'd say as long as you don't go sortof beyong about 100 feet anything goes.

2. Yes, all magic is destroyed upon entering the feild. The only way to magically attack a mordecai would be to hurl mundane objects, like rocks or tress or something, at them. The magic would dissipate as soon as it hits their feild, but the object yould continue moving as long as it had enough momentum.

On another note, a mage affected by a Mordecai will often experiance dizzyness, lethergy and general bodily weakness. So the more powerfull your mage, the more crap he's going to feel. So as for retreating...well it may be more of a slow shuffle away.

Anonymous

Okay damn.
thanks for your help. *throws chocolate in choco's general direction*
another thing i remembered
do magical artifacts (rings, weapons ect) get effected by mordecai?

Anonymous

Yes

Basic rule of thumb is any magic is completely gone in range of a Mordecai. Things like psychic powers and natural abilities, say a dragons natural ability to breathe fire, or even powers greater than magic, such as divine power, are generally not affected by Mordecai.

Anonymous

Also, just in case it's been missed from the mordecai info.

The mordecai are a big secret. Like area 51 secret. No one knows about them but the high-high ranking people and other mordecai. They blend in with soldiers, simple or Dragoons if they're good enough at fighting. But, no one knows about them. It's okay to assume that mages who've survived know something is up with that group of  soldiers, but they wouldn't know a thing about Mordecai.

So it's never spoken of, which means that it can't be leaked, which means that no one outside of the Mordecai and the rulers know about 'em! (:

Anonymous

Dunna forget dah gods Draccy. Dah gods know all dey does.

Anonymous

I thought that the Mordecai were the secret that everyone knew about but no one knew who they were

Anonymous

I thought that as well o.O I always assumed everyone knew about them o.O

Rhindeer

QuoteThat does not mean there are not rumors or legends about them, though. Heck, the Mordecai could be called the secret that everyone knows about. However, this knowledge mostly just extends to folk tales and legends that inflate the Mordecai and their abilities to epic proportions.

So basically, people know about them--in legends. xD Mordecai are basically viewed as a folk tale and a myth. There are stories about them, but they're basically like aliens--some people might claim they're real, but most people don't think they exist outside of stories (and would probably think the people claiming them to be real are silly for still believing in fairy tales), and the stories about them tend to exaggerate and make them out to be superheroes when they're really just average people with a fairly useful ability. ;3

I don't think people would know about the symptoms that crop up when in a Mordecai's presence, since to know that they'd have to know about the Mordecai themselves and how their ability works. Most mages who suddenly get a random headache would probably just assume it was, well...a headache. xD The Mordecai blend in with the other soldiers and work alongside them so as to better prevent them from getting outed. ;3 Safety in numbers and all, and it'd be very difficult to trace the source of any funny feelings that way.

Tally

Hum. I always thought it was like hennjo and Mia said. That people know there are Mordecai but just don't know who they are.

How does this work? The Mordecai have been going around for years systematically stamping out mages and seriously no one has put two and two together? No one has noticed that when there's a group of soldiers making a mage raid, magic doesn't work? What...do they think it's some crazy coincidence that magic ceases to work every single time a raid goes down? Considering how methodical Connlaoth is with their anti-mage efforts, you'd think people would notice the pattern. o.O

Rhindeer

>_>; Ya got a point there.

So mayhap the stuff about them should be completely revamped (it's old anyway!), 'cause that does make more sense, knowing they're around but just not who. And we should also decide on a range for their ability--like how far exactly it extends, because that's always been a sticky area, though I think Choco got it down. Yea, nay? xD

Also, do you guys visualize it as an ability that can be actively controlled (like, turned on and off consciously) or one that is just always on and cannot be turned off? This is another question I've been asked before and since there's nothing about that, I'd like to hear what people like best and what makes sense to them more. :3

Another sticky area is also non-humanoid creatures. I remember you brought that up before, Tal, because a non-humanoid's physiology (like an animal, say a dragon or a unicorn) is completely different and a Mordecai's ability is psychic in nature. Thus, their ability may not work on these creatures work due to these differences. Or...something like that.

I forget exactly what you said, Tal! xD Feel free to write it out here, because you put it in a way that made sense and I'm phailing. xP *just woke up >_>*