Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Starting a Brand New Day (or so it seems) ((open to all!))

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2008, 05:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The eastern sun lazily rose upon the gardens and the shrine of the sanctuary. But Almaarea didn't need the sun to tell him it was morning; he could hear the awakening songs of nearby sparrows in the distance. He slowly opened his blind eye, seeing only darkness, but he still knew where he was. He rose from his soft yet simple bed and put on his robe and cloak. He then sent out a faint pulse of magic to "see" his way out of his room and out into the open.

After a mundane yet nourishing breakfast, Almaarea set out to meditate in the gardens for about an hour, preparing himself for the brand new day ahead of him. He then rose and began roaming the gardens, hopeful of what today will bring him in this Sanctuary.

hikaru.dream

"Nnnyahaaaah!"
The source of the strange cry was Hikaru stretching herself in the morning sun. The pleasant beams danced on her nearly closed eyelids. She was clearly enjoying herself. She smiled as the birds' song reached her ears.

It was rare recently that she was up early enough to feel the morning sun. It was something she really liked, although sometimes she just wanted to sleep.

They had only arrived at the Sanctuary a couple days back, but she already loved the place as if she had lived here for years. It was such a nice place. She couldn't express her feeling with words.

She grunted softly as she began stretching her legs lightly as well.
The reason she was up early was that she had wanted to see the gardens when there were no people. It was not exactly that she disliked people, she simply tended to draw away from them unless they talked to her and showed humaneness. Once talked to, Hikaru could go for on and on as if they hadn't just met. But that was only when they talked to her.

Lightly jogging, she started out, filling her eyes with the garden's sights.

She stopped abruptly. Someone was ahead.
Hikaru instinctively ducked behind the nearest bush.
Peering around the bush she saw an tall elf, it seemed, wearing a green cloak.
Maybe he is a healer here?, she wondered, not daring to go out of hiding now that she had hid in the first place.

Anonymous

Almaarea heard the rustling of the bushes near him. He then turned to the bushes and sent out another faint pulse of magic to "see" who was there; it outlined the form of a young human girl who seemed to be of 15 years of age hiding in the bushes. He could sense her magic...so much magic that it wouldn't surprise him if she bested the mages from his homeland. But why would she be trying to hide?

He smiled. "It's all right," he said in a pleasant, reassuring voice. "No need to hide yourself. You can come out."

hikaru.dream

Hikaru's heart jumped up to her throat.
He noticed her.
She should have expected that. People here were good, she was sure.
But now what to do?

He had addressed her, so she should get out into the open. She should of course, but it wasn't all that easy. Oh, god.
Hikaru swallowed hard and stepped out from her hideout, her eyes looking downward.
"Er..." she said, turning red.
"G-good morning!!"
It came out a lot louder than she had expected and nearly jumped at the sound of her own voice.

Anonymous

Almaarea made no outward sign of it, but he inwardly winced at the volume of the girl's voice; since he was blind, his pointed ears were very sensitive to loud sounds like that. Now his ears were ringing.

But she seemed shy a moment before she blurted it out, so maybe he can reach out to her. He knelt down to about her height and set his blind eye upon her as if he were looking straight at her.

"No need to be shy," he said, smiling and letting out a soft chuckle. "Is this your first time in the Sanctuary?"

hikaru.dream

Hikaru blinked. He was taaall.
I mean, she thought, he's kneeling and just about the same height as me. Or I'm just small. Ah, well.

Hikaru stared at him right in the eye. The elf looked as if he was looking at her. She was pretty sure he was. But something tugged at the back of her mind.
The thought was quickly pushed away by other thoughts streaming into her head.
"Eh... Yes." Hikaru said, relaxing a little at the smile on the other's face and taking care not to speak too loudly. She had been rather embarrassed when her voice had echoed around the gardens.
It was morning after all. There had to be someone sleeping, like the usual Hikaru.

Anonymous

((Holy crow, two months and no reply! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!))

Almaarea smiled again, unable to see her, but sense her, hear her, and smell her with such clarity that others could only dream of.

"Well, you did right to come here," he said pleasantly. "This place is a safe haven for all. I'm one of its elite healers here. My name is Almaarea. What might yours be?" He extended a slender hand out to her. The hand was slightly discolored from the rest of his skin, having a slightly golden hue rather than a silver tint.

hikaru.dream

((OoC: No worries :) ))

Hikaru liked his voice. She pondered this. Perhaps it was the quietness of it or the wisdom that leaked from it. It soothed her, helping her not feel so bad about the elf's right eye, which she had of course noticed right away. Seeing the scar made her thankful for her own healthy body. She couldn't help adding mentally, though, that she wished it was naturally a little thinner.

She grasped the extended hand. Since a certain event, she had the habit of looking at people's hands. It was so slender, very much the opposite of her hand. Her own were small and pudgy, something she did not enjoy very much.
"Nice to meet you!" Hikaru said, looking up and smiling. "My name's Hikaru. Hikaru Nakamiya."
She blinked and looked down again. It was just a slight difference. There were many people who had hands that were different from the color of their face. For example, people who didn't expose their hands in sunlight. But wouldn't it be the other way around? The color of the hands would be a lighter color, whereas Alaamarea's hand was a little golden.
She brushed it off her mind. It didn't really matter. It could even be her eyes playing tricks on her. But she did take notice of the tiny bubble of satisfaction for realizing, and scorned it a little bit. Just a little bit.

Hikaru was lost for words. It wasn't like she didn't want to talk or that she didn't have any questions, but Almaarea felt enormous. Not just in actual height, but experience as well. It made her feel small and want to just stare at him.
She didn't have any courage to ask him about healing, not yet. She supposed she would ask eventually. She couldn't go around saying she was a healer when she knew almost nothing about it.

All her thoughts ended up coming out as,
"Does everyone get up so early around here?"
Sometimes, she hated her own mouth.

Anonymous

Almaarea gave another smile. This Hikaru seemed to be a sweet and naïve spirit at heart. It struck him as curious as to why he could sense so much magic in her, but he decided that now would not be the best time to ask her about it. This was her first time in the Sanctuary, and he wanted her to enjoy its serene peace

"I'm not so sure about other people who visit the Sanctuary," he said, "but I tend to wake up very early so I can go about my morning routine." He paused, then said. "You know, I heard that yawn you gave out earlier. Sounded like you got a good rest."

hikaru.dream

((OoC: X( ))

Hikaru drifted off into another dozen thoughts as Almaarea smiled again. They were mostly the same thoughts as before, on Almaarea. She shook herself mentally as he spoke again and looked up at him.

"Oh." Hikaru said, barely stopping herself from asking her what his routine was. It interested her, what people like him did. How they lived. What made they so 'great' compared Hikaru.

Hikaru grinned embarrassedly as he mentioned her yawn. She hadn't expected anyone to be out, or at least so close by, she had checked. I must have let out too loud a sound, she thought.

"Oh, yes," Hikaru replied brightly. "I did have a good sleep."
This was true. They had been traveling all around the place, she was getting used to it and could mostly sleep anywhere. But the peace of the Sanctuary was something that had not been met for a while. The peace allowed them to rest them and release them from some worries.

Tags: