Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Earth toned and the two kitchen idiots.

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2008, 06:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The restaurant was having a slow day today, but that was much to the preference of Kishi. Although she liked her business to thrive she didn’t like so many foreigners around her family and because of the storm that fell upon the small town everyone was in doors and not many dared to venture out into the pouring rain.

Kishi wasn’t one of these fortunate people though. Instead she was helping the kitchen boys and childhood friends of hers unload a wagon full of supplies quickly finding herself drenched and cold. Once she was able to dry off just enough that she wasn’t leaving a trail of water in her wake the rain began letting up and travelers that had locked themselves into their rooms were coming out looking for a meal. And so her day got progressively more busy and she was soon running about like a mad woman. Tendrils of still wet hair sticking irritatingly to her face, loose bun being pulled out into a pony tail because of the wieght of her hair as well as all of the running around she was doing.

Finally she took a moment for herself by bribing one of the kitchen hands to take out a tables food so that she could fix her hair and get herself a drink quickly before rushing back out to play happy little slave girl to all of those who didn’t belong here.

Anonymous

Linus had been on his way out of town when a huge thunderhead rumbled in the distance. His mare snorted and he growled in agitation. The last thing he wanted to do was stay in this crowded place any longer, but he had no choice.  Winds picked up and his Gypsy mare whinnied and looked back at a small restaurant in the distance which had people filling in. The rain was coming fast and like all cats he hated water. Tugging on the reins he trotted toward the restaurant.

Just as soon as he got inside it started pouring. Rain pounding on the rooftop, and a few leaks here and there. He looked around in disgust at all the sweaty bodies packed into the small room. He saw a young girl running around taking orders, but Linus was neither hungry nor thirsty so instead he picked a table in a dark corner and sat down at a chair. He leaned back and surveyed the others.

There was a round man stuffing his face full of chicken and washing it down with mead. Linus rolled his eyes and gave a big yawn. He then saw the young girl again and something about her caught his attention. She seemed some how special. He flipped a blonde tresse from his face and yawned again. Stupid rain...

Anonymous

Another waitress came to relieve her of her shift after rushing about but Kishi soon felt bad for the poor girl who looked like she was running herself rampit out there. She walked up to the girl after downing a small drink at the bar putting her hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Look. How about I split this shift with you?"

The girl looked as if she was about to argue but after looking around at the croud one last time she nodded.

'Thanks. You're my life savor. You take that half and I'll take this one...'

The girl went on to explain who hadn't been waited on and who needed what food, but they soon parted and Kishi's eyes fell on a man towards the back. How long had he been sitting there? She walked over to the table menu in hand.

"Hi sir. I'm sorry for keeping you waiting? What do you need?"

Her smile was just barely considered that by now and it nearly took all the energy she could muster to even attempt to fake one, but none the less she had to be a nice little girl and cature to the foriegners to help daddy's business. She swore to herself for at least the thousandth time that she was going to quite this job.

Anonymous

((Is it ok if I sneak Viv in here with you two? ^_^))

Anonymous

OOC: Of course it is! And if you have any kind of plot ideas just mention.

Anonymous

Vivian peeked out from under her brown hood as she wandered in the rain. She bit her lip. She had her cloak pulled tightly over the canvases that she held against her trying not to get them wet. She sighed, trying to hold them away from her dress as well. She spotted the tavern and sighed in relief and quickly ran in.

Her eyes went wide at how many people were there. She suddenly felt very self-conscious and very lost. The smells attacked her. The smell of human bodies wet and damp from the rain, meals being cooked and smelling amazing to her, the drinks that had a strong smell and seemed to stand out the most in the mixture of smells. She sighed a little, she remembered when the only time she smelled human was when it was somewhere she should not be.

Anonymous

((bump! Is this thread continuing? ^_^ ))

Anonymous

OOC: Yes sorry. I was going to wait for Linus to post.

Anonymous

((okey dokey :) Just curious ))

Anonymous

ooc - I'm so sorry guys!! I had a bunch of family and school business to take care of and I couldn't get on..I'll be on more though..promise

bic - Linus saw another woman walk in, garbed in a brown cloak and probably soaked to the bone. He locked all his senses on her and gave a toothy grin. Closing his coal black eyes he lent out a call to her from his mind. He knew she was some kind of animal by the way she smelled, but you could also tell by her eyes. Oh those eyes. "what's a beautiful creature like yourself doing in a human infested place like this?" He spoke to her silently, hoping she wouldn't freak and try and get his voice out of her head. That had happened too many times before. He snapped open his eyes and looked around for the little girl he had seen running around taking orders. He had a sudden urge for   a nice chicken leg..or three..

Outside the rain had let up a bit but it hadn't completely stopped. A few people had left so the restaurant wasn't as crowded as before, but it still reeked of sweat, fear and compacted bodies. Fingers drummed on the table and tongue ran over spiked canines. Boredom was not a good thing for him to endure. He would rather be out romping through the tall grasses, wind in his mane and fresh spring shoots under his paws, but instead he was stuck in here, with the smell of sweaty old men and bad beer filling his nostrils.

Anonymous

The guy must have been lost in deep thought because he ignored her completely then drumming his hands on the table and looking bored. She had been through way to much of this rediculous tourist thing today and finally blew a top, so to speak.

"Look. If you're so bored, then leave. If you want to order something I suggest you do it before I kill myself because of this dead beat job full of dead beat foriegn costomers who think it's just peachy to tour around Ketra and look on as all of the nice little people who live here wait on them hand and foot. So like I said before if you want to order please do so quickly, and if not don't waste my time."

Her voice wasn't condenscending but it was a bit mocking towards the foriegners coming in here. Still she didn't care at the moment too frustrated with herself and everything around her to really worry too much about it. It already took a lot of the control she had not to use her 'abilities' and take out half of the room with a rather large boulder.

Anonymous

Vivian found a table in a darker corner where she could put her back to a wall. Unwrapping her brown cloak from her body and the canvases she laid it on the seat next to her then set her canvases down on the table. They were a little smudged but looked to be intact.

She sat down and suddenly felt like a mouse in with a large groups of alley cats. She felt very cornered. No matter how long she had spent most of her months as human she could never get use to large crowds of them. Always made her nervous and feel like she was very outnumbered. And a predator outnumbered was almost always nervous. She tried to relax against the chair.

The sudden invasion of her mind did not help her relax at all. She jumped and looked around the room trying to decipher what it had been. She was reminded of the way the pack use to communicate that she had grown up in. She closed her eyes her brow furrowing in pain. Another reminded of what she no longer was. Of what she could no longer do.

She needed a drink, and for the rain to stop...soon.

Anonymous

Linus looked at the little girl who had just exploded with wide eyes. Never had anyone spoken to him in such a tone or manner..and for all of this to come from a small girl...it was strange. "Uh..I guess I'll have a beer.." He stated plainly in his low voice. He steadied himself once again and looked for the woman who had just walked in. He found her sitting in a corner on the other side of the room. He growled through gritted teeth and sighed.

What did she not speak English? She could of at least said something back to be polite.. but invading someone's mind wasn't exactly the most polite thing in the world so he had no room to talk. He watched as she took what seemed to be paintings from her cloak and set them down. She seemed so nervous and fearful. She acted as if anyone were to touch her she would shoot through the roof. What a weird individual..but again..he had no room to talk.

Linus had grown accustomed to the constant company of humans, but he was one so he had nothing to complain about really..except being hunted anytime his secret was found out.. blah blah blah.. But stick him in a room full of people and he would probably be the most relaxed one there.  But stick him on a boat and the fur would really fly..

Speaking of water..

The rain outside had finally ceased it's onslaught and people began to file out the doors. Linus was relieved to be able to breath his own air again, and not have to worry about a fat man sucking on a chicken leg stinking it up. He stretched out his arms and gave out a large yawn that revealed needle sharp canines to anyone who was watching. He ran a calloused hand through his tousled blonde hair and sighed. He figured it was a good time to leave, but he didn't want the girl running him down, which she probably would, so he waited for his beer to be served.

Anonymous

"Sure. It'll be right up."

She gave a fake smile and tucked loose strands of hair behind her ear before walking over to the bar and asking the bartender to mix her drink ignore the snickers she was getting from the kitchen boys who just watched her little fiasco with the costomer.

She came back to the mans table not too long after ward placing his drink in front of him.

"Will that be all?"

Anonymous

Vivian sighed with relief and started to relax more as people started to make themselves scarce in the tavern, shuffling out to get back to work and home.  She however thought that now might be a good time to catch a waitress's eye. She saw a man stretched out and seeming very relaxed in another corner. She turned her head while she looked at him. Perhaps he had been the one ih her mind. He looked sort of like the voice sounded. She continued her scan looking to match someone up with the voice listening closely to conversations. OF course the man might not even be in the bar anymore.

Was only one person working? she peeked outside, the rain had stopped maybe she should move on and just go home and cook herself something. She heard her stomach growl in disagreement. It had steak or chicken on it's  mind. She assumed she could not convince it differently, besides the fact that just the idea of that sounded delicious. she had been painting all day and hadn't brought a snack and her body wasn't too happy about it.

Anonymous

Linus brought out a few coins and gave them to he girl as she brought him his beer. He put in an extra two coins for a tip.. She had the courage to yell at him she atleast deserved to be tipped well. He picked up the beer and sniffed at it, as if testing to make sure it wasn't poisoned.

That'll be all.. thank you. He said calmly and took a god drink of his beer. The cool liquid ran down his throat, making him realize just how thirsty he was. He took another drink and yawned. He should probably get going, but something held him to the tavern.

He turned his gaze back to the woman and lent out his mind once again.. he would try once more.  Do you speak english? He chuckled after he said it, making it obvious that he was the one speaking.

Anonymous

OOC: Sorry guys but life's been a little hectic lately so if you two just want to continue with both of your characters that would be fine. I feel bad for holding you guys back. Sorry!

Anonymous

((Aw! Well come back in whenever you have a chance! Gonna go write my post now, I have been absent for a bit too))

Anonymous

Vivian's eyes went wider then narrowed again as she heard the voice intrude a second time. She turned to see the man chuckling, the sound matching the voice in her head. His laughing made her nervous. Why did he pinpoint her out of everyone? She felt so exposed, but more curious as to who he was.

She looked directly at him then, meeting his eyes and tried to muster up some courage and remember it back from when she was a top dog. A predator, when she walked on all fours and howled in a chase. She found some strength deep in herself. Vivian stood up then and walked over to the man planting herself in front of him. Trying to broadcast that she was not scared or nervous for him to be near her.

"Yes, I do speak English sir." She said rather sternly, crossing her arms in front of her, trying to look very serious. "I just don't like people getting into my head."

Anonymous

((I have been gone for a good while too and being lazy, but if you want to continue this I am all for it ^_^))