Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

the best thief.(its not about power its about skill)

Started by Anonymous, February 26, 2008, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryatama aphrodite

"You may," she said lowly. The tone of her voice uncharacteristically dark and cold. "But I have a history with this giant... he's hurt me before. And now I have the chance for payback, and you brush it aside..." she turned away from his hand, and retreived a bow and fifteen arrows.

"That wasn't smart."

Wicked Basket

"History? What history," Anzio asked hiding how much it hurt when she turned away. "What has he done that is worth you dying and leaving me forever?"

pryatama aphrodite

"Who said a dam thing about dying," she asked. Stringing an arrow, and refusing to look at him. Stepping further away as she retreived a katana from her back. "He stalked me once in a wood. Tracked me and slammed me into a tree."

She looked at him then. Albeit coldly and unyeilding. "Dont ever forbid me to fight...its like commanding me not to breathe."

Wicked Basket

"I don't want you to fight because I'm afraid of you no longer breathing," Anzio replied softly as he took a step back.

There was nothing he could do to stop her now. He should have never agreed to fight that man because now Khainley was going to. What had he done?

pryatama aphrodite

She had a tear flowing unsteadily down her cheek, but she didn't acknowledge it. Her face maintaining its hard demeanor. "Then I guess me not breathing is just as ok as me not fighting... right, my fiance?" She said. Voice wavering with every word. Oh yes... she was heavily crying. But still, she remained steady with her hands. Ready to complete a shot should the moment present itself.

Wicked Basket

"That's not what I said," Anzio replied desperately trying to hide the fact that tears were flowing beneath his mask. "What happened to you? Where's the Khainley that I know? This isn't you."

pryatama aphrodite

"She's-" she stopped. The bow and arrow drawn into a readied strike... was then lowered. Her hand loosened, and she shrunk back down to the size of a human. A regular human...

"I..." she collapsed against the wall, dropping the weapon. "I... I don't know..." she whispered faintly.

Wicked Basket

Anzio was immediately at her side and wrapping his arms around her. Making sure that his back was turned toward the others, he took off his mask and kissed Khainley's cheek.

"I love you, Khainley," he said softly. "I can't lose you. I'd rather die than lose you."

Anzio gave her another kiss and held her tight, not caring that Hjaldi was still waiting for a fight. Khainley was his primary concern.

pryatama aphrodite

"You think I will stand here... and let you hurt? You must be out of your fuckin mind." Despite her wording she threw her arms around him... knowing she wouldn't let him fight alone. Or else... if he left her... "you said you wouldn't leave me...you SAID you never would," she cried.

Wicked Basket

"I won't leave you," Anzio replied finding it incredibly  difficult not to cry right now. "I promise that I will never ever leave you."

Anzio pulled back, wiped away her tears, and looked into her eyes.

"You don't need to worry about a thing, my love. I have a way out of this, and then you and me can walk away and laugh about it when we look back at it 20 years from now. You just need to let me do what I need to do. I promise you that no one will get hurt."

pryatama aphrodite

She averted her eyes. A long pause following his admitting to them in the furture. "Fine, Anzio. Do whatever makes you content..." she said. Pulling away, holding up her hands and disappearing down a shadowed allyway soon after.

She needed the distraction... and now, she might go insane without it.

Wicked Basket

Anzio reached out his hand toward her as she walked away.

"Khainley, please," he begged.

Anzio sighed and dropped his arm. This was all his fault, and now he had just driven away the one person who had ever shown him any love. He put his mask back on and stood. He stared down the alleyway where Khainley had gone, thinking of how he could have made things turn out better. Anzio then turned to Kriv.

"Follow her. Make sure she's ok. I'll deal with the big guy. I don't think she wants to talk to me right now anyway."

pryatama aphrodite

Her body felt... deflated. Shed never been denied the chance to fight. Never. Why would the person she cared most about... be the first to? "Anzio... Why do you do this..." she said. Halting her progress only to reach out and punch the concrete wall. The bones in her hand crackled and broke but she barely flinched. "Dammit..."

Kriv

"Got it man." Kriv replied. "Stay here Sael." He ordered his arachnid companion as he set her down. Sael gave a disgruntled rub of her legs as she started to grow until she was the size of a boulder. "Imoto!" Kriv called after Khainley as he ran down the dark alleyway.

pryatama aphrodite

"I dont need protection, Kriv. Ill be damned if Anzio rewrites my life... I can fight, and he refuses to see that. Why shouldI get married to a man who has little faith in me," she spits out, as if it tasted like bile.

Kriv

"You've made the fact that you need no protection apparent in several conversations." Kriv replied with a wide smile as he tried to lighten the mood. "And I don't know much about marriage, but based off what Sael has told me, it's somewhat like nature, there needs to be a balance, and there need to be opposing forces that keep each other in check, Anzio is trying to play the strong noble, your usual role, but in actuality he is a rouge hero." He explained. "Are you following me?"

pryatama aphrodite

"Yes." She lifted her broken hand, sighing, before clenching it and uselessly punching the wall with it again. The bones, or whqt was left, shattered. Not a flinch.

Kriv

"Wha' the hell did you do to your hand?" He asked with concern.

pryatama aphrodite

"Same thing you just saw... only harder." She flexed her fingers only to find the joints bent at awkward angles. She left it limp at her side as she continued walking. Realizing there was no way anzio could live through that fight. No. Way. And that she was calmly leaving him without shedding a single tear. Why cry over the one you love when they dont trust your abilities to defend?

Wicked Basket

(OOC Whatever happened to our Fenrir buddy? I've been waiting on him.)