Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Songquest (Angel of Chaos)

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2008, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well that was good, at least they were all friends now! Kasumi gave Art a look of pure appreciation, whilst he shrugged sullenly, still somewhat upset that she was going off with someone whom she had only just met, more or less.

"Have you rested enough yet?" Kasumi asked Felina.

She didn't want to say it, for fear of sounding impatient and selfish, but she couldn't wait any longer. The agitation had been eating away at her all night. Even though she had slept, her subconscious mind had kept tossing and turning. The sooner the quest began, the better. She wanted her voice back, and now she was curious- she wanted to know more about herself.

Anonymous

Felina smiled as she tried to move her numb arm, but there was no feeling in it, so it wouldn't respond to her mental commands.

"I'm ready when you are," she said, "but I'll need some help. My arm's probably going to be numb for another couple of hours. But I don't want to feel like a burden to you."

Felina's words were sweet and apologetic at the same time. She really didn't want to hinder their journey after such a traumatic experience.

Anonymous

Kasumi could hear the sounds of other people and horses on the path not too far away from where they were currently sat. It sounded like the roads were getting busier now, so any travelling would be slowed down a bit.

"OK, we'll go slowly then."

Kasumi stood up and offered Felina her hand before moving off in the direction from whence the music had come from. Art walked along by her other side, not really questioning Kasumi's actions at all- just glancing at her every now and again when she tilted her head and listened.

"I think we're almost there--" They rounded a corner, and there it was, in an open glade. The very same tents and performers and streamers as she had seen the previous night.

((Sorry for the late reply – had a really busy weekend!))

Anonymous

((Sorry for the really late reply!))

Felina accepted Kas's help with her good arm and the three of them walked slowly through the forest path. The music began to grow louder and more distinct in Felina's catlike ears as they walked. Will they find answers to the questions they seek?

The forest soon parted into a clearing. And in that clearing was the traveling circus; the same tents, performers, and streamers as last night.

Turning to Kas, she said, "So what do we do now?"

Anonymous

With a trembling resolve, Kasumi held her head high and said, "we should go and talk to them."

Her voice quavered at the prospect of having to confront the old fortune teller, but this wasn't fair on her. She couldn't back down now, especially after Felina had offered to help too. Plus, she would feel so guilty and responsible for what had happened to Felina as a result of her wanting to help. Kasumi only hoped that her new friend's arm would heal.

"Hey, we're by your side, so don't be scared," Art said gruffly.

Nodding, they stepped into the clearing, towards the sounds of fairground music, towards the unknown.

((Eeek, I didn't realise you had replied!! My bad!))