Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Maze of No Logic

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2008, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

'I'm pleased to see you too,' she said. She was glad that they were friendly, at least the girl was. She wasn't too sure about the boy yet. She did howver, attempt a clumsy bow, assuming this was a custom from where they were from. When she rose she studied the boy's face slightly.

'I don't really know, it has something to do with the dragon, Elli. I think he wanted some company while e hunted for treasure. Did you see him?
'It is, but I can't quite figure it out. I keep thinking there will be a pattern to what happen-'

The room started swirling as though they were in some sea-sick artist's painting.

hikaru.dream

"What's your name?" Hikaru asked. "My name's Hikaru, and this unsociable fellow here is Taiga." Realizing that the woman was attempting to bow, she flapped her hand, gesturing no. "Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I mean the bowing. It's just a custom for both of us. Does a handshake work better?"
Hikaru held out a hand, then sat down hard.

"Oh god," she said, closing her eyes. "I hate this."
Then, with her eyes still closed tight she said, "I don't think there is a pattern at all, if it's the maze of no logic. I'd think patterns only exist in logic."

Even Taiga was getting dizzy by then and frowned.

Anonymous

Serigala smiled brightly and rubbed at her wrist. 'Handshakes are a bit of a problem,' she said, showing off cuts created in worshipping Sangui.

'At least it isn't dull? Think of it as an exciting adventure,' she said, though she wasn't sure she actually believed it. The boy seemed a bit... she doubt he liked her. 'Is he always so quiet?'

hikaru.dream

"Has it stopped yet?" Hikaru asked, her eyes shut tight.
"Oh yes, at least it isn't dull. Exciting indeed. But I was born and raised in two countries that basically can't live without logic so, well."
She took a peek out and realized that the colors didn't seem so bad if you didn't look at them directly.
"Oh, yes. Well, to be truthful, you gotta get on the right side of him, and then he's a little more genki, er.... cheerful? Nooo, definitely not cheerful but anyway, more energetic."

"Well," Taiga said quietly. "You could stop talking about me as if I'm not here."
He didn't seemed all that annoyed though, until Hikaru informed him that he was the one acting like he didn't exist.

Out of the blue, a monkey popped out of the air and jumped up and down on Hikaru's head. She screamed in surprise. A couple moments later she said, "That was a surprise." And then the monkey jumped over to Serigala.

Anonymous

Serigala on the other hand, was enjoying every moment of the swirling colours. It was one of the nicest things that had happened so far, apart perhaps from curling up with Elli to sleep.

'You lived in two countries? That must be terribly hard to keep up with. This is the first time I've even left my shire,' she said. These people were more getting just as interesting as the shy Elli.

'Forgive me, Mr Taiga,' she said, attempting another bow.

Serigala jumped as the monkey landed on her shoulders and began looking through her hair for Lochani knew what. She smiled, her face a little red, and petted the little fellow.

hikaru.dream

"Yes, two countries. It's a little hard, but," Hikaru shrugged. "I guess you get used to it."

She blinked at Serigala.
"You're enjoying the swirling? Oh, wow..." her mouth was slightly open. A moment later she realized what she was doing and closed her jaw and added, "I guess everyone has their ways. Wish I didn't mind them so much."

"Did I do something to make you apologize?" Taiga said while Hikaru took a breath. He simply seemed a little surprised that she should apologize so much.

"And what should we do now?" Hikaru added.

Anonymous

Serigala still found the idea of living in two countries confusing. It took weeks to ride from one country to the other, unless they lived on the border of two.

After pausing and tilting her head she said, 'comparitively, yes. Just think about it: if anything strange could happen at least it isn't happenning to us, just our surrounds.'

'For talking about you like you weren't here.' Serigala blinked in confusion and looked to Hikaru for advice.

'Try to find a door I guess, or  maybe a window,' she offered. That's pretty much what she'dbeen doing since she'd been here, although she wasn't sure if that plan was working or not.  It was hard to tell in here.