Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where am I? (MiatheRabbit)

Started by Anonymous, May 22, 2008, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sunlight forced open Lucas's eyelids. His head was pounding and he felt awful. He stood up and looked around. He was in a stone paved room with a soft bed on which he was now sitting. On a chair in the corner was his belt containing all of his healing herbs.

"Where am I?"

Lucas tried with all his might to think back to his latest memory. Nothing. That was odd. His mind was almost completely blank and all he could remember was his skills as a healer and...someone. This puzzled him. He felt that he ought to remember this if not anything else. In a flash he realized.

"SARA!"

He bolted out of his bed as fast as he was able and quickly reglanced around the room. Where was she? What if she had been kidnapped or hurt or even...no he refused to believe that. He could never forgive himself if she got hurt while protecting him.
Suddenly, like a bolt from the sky, he thought of one place that she might be. The pocket on his belt. Picking it up as fast as he possible could, he opened up the pocket with a fluid movement.

"BUGGER OFF, CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!"
"Oh thank the gods Sara, I thought I'd lost you."
"YOU'LL LOSE ME IN A MINUET IF YOU DON'T LET ME GET BACK TO SLEEP!!"
"Sara, sorry but this is urgent."
"Fine, whatever, this better be REALLY important."

In a single graceful movement, Sara emerged from the pocket, her glow instantly brightening up the room considerably. For a ball of light, she still managed to look a little irate.

"Go on then, why have you interrupted my valuable beauty sleep."
"Sara, I apologize for waking you but I need to ask you something of great importance."
"What?"
"What is the latest thing you can remember?"

At this Sara's angry glare turned to a more thoughtful glow.

"That's odd. I don't seem to remember anything except..."
"What? What can you remember?"
"I can only remember being summoned and then bits and pieces about you. That's it though"
"Hmm."

This was greatly disturbing. It seemed that they must have both had an accident of some sort which had given them amnesia so they only remembered each other, their skills and nothing else.

"Well we better make the best of this situation; let's have a look around this place"
"HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?! WE JUST LOST OUR MEMORIES AND YET YOU AREN'T WORRIED ABOUT THAT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"
"Peace Sara, I'm more worried than you think. However I think it would be best if we saved our worrying for later and tried to figure out where we are."
"I guess so."

Having said that, Sara flew high above Lucas's head and began to look around the room.

"Ok, boring. Let's go outside Lucas."

Upon opening the door Lucas was greeted by a lush, green garden complete with a lake. It was a spectacular view but he need to find someone to talk to. Walking around the garden with a confused and wonder-filled expression and Sara hovering above his head, he began to search for anyone who might help him.

Anonymous

Jiva splashed some water on his face, his illness had gotten worse recently and still there was no solution. He squeezed the excess water out of his hair then sat down again underneath the tree.

Lying on the ground was his sketchbook, he sighed and looked away; it was as if it were taunting him. Even drawing was hard lately, his hands trembled too much so he couldn't hold the pencil straight.

He laughed bitterly at what his mother had said to him once, about going round killing mages would lead to his early demise. It looked like she was going to be right. Did he regret any of it? Not really except maybe being a bit too obsessed with killing Dalisme.

"I wonder where she is," Jiva thought.

She was probably looking for him, the interfering bitch that she was. He had been at the Sanctuary a while now and it was a wonder she hadn't thought to look there. Unless of course she had given up on and gone home.

"Home..." he muttered to himself.

Maybe he could have been nicer to his mother and listened to her a bit more. Would she know when he died? Would anybody tell her?

"I'm getting morbid..." Jiva said to himself.

With some difficulty, he got to his feet, deciding to go for a walk.

Anonymous

Lucas stood in the garden and admired the beautiful scenery that surrounded him

"Look at all the natural beauty around us Sara. Isn't it just amazing?"
"To be honest Lucas, I couldn't care less."

However Lucas didn't hear this as he had noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It seemed to be a soldier, taking a walk though the gardens of ... whatever this place was.

"Well Sara, do you think he might be able to help us"
"Better than wandering around here for much longer, let's go."

Slowly Lucas walked up to this strange man with Sara hovering close behind.

"Excuse me sir, but could you-"
"I'll handle this Lucas. Where the bloody hell are we and who the bloody hell are you"

Lucas winced at Sara's bluntness and fervently hoped that this man didn't offend easily.

(OOC: Sorry i took so long to answer i was on hoiday. BTW, Do you think it would help if i put charecter names before dialoge so you know who's talking)

Anonymous

[OOC I don't need the names before, I can tell by the way they speak who is who ^^
Sorry it's really short, not feeling that great at the mo o.O]

Jiva glanced at the pair appraisingly. Some kind of mage and a glowing ball of light...that was certainly strange.

"This is Adela's Sanctuary. If you haven't been here before you must have heard of it."

Then again that guy Hamish hadn't but the chances of Jiva running into two...well three if you counted the light ball, people with amnesia had to be pretty slim.

"As for who I am, I don't think that's the business of someone who demands my identity without giving their own."

Anonymous

(OOC: Oh poor you, hope you feel better soon.)

Lucas took an inward sigh of relief. The man didn't seem too upset about Sara's rudeness. However he cringed at the thought that he had been so rude as to not introduce himself. Looks like his manners were slipping along with his memory

"My apologies sir, my name is Lucas and this is my friend and guardian, Sara. I'm sorry for Sara's rudeness, she tends to be a little blunt at times"
"Well I don't see the point in not saying what you mean just because it might upset someone."
"Fair enough Sara but could you at least TRY and be a little more civil."
"*sigh* Fine."
"Good, now we've given our names. Would you be so kind as to impart yours and maybe tell us a bit about this Sanctuary"

Anonymous

It looked like Jiva had run into another person with amnesia. Why did he seem to attract them? He wasn't naturally a caring person and sincerely hoped he would get better so that he could go back to being the mage slayer and feared bounty hunter. He missed being feared.

"I'm Jiva and like I said, this is Adela's Sanctuary. It's sort of a refuge for travellers and you get people who come because there's something wrong with them and reckon someone here might be able to help them."

He had really strong feeling of déjà vu.

Anonymous

(OOC Whoops, I just read your thread with Woody and realized how similar it is. OMG, what are the chances? I'm so sorry, I didn't know I was copying the thread. It was a coincidence)

Lucas took in these words and began to ponder the meaning of them

"So this place is for sick people and travelers. I suppose that means we must have been passing here and spent the night and lost our memories during our sleep"
"Lucas, do you know how stupid that sounds? More likely we caught an illness and the illness cost us our memories."
"That would make sense. There are many illnesses that affect the mind so it is entirely possible that one robbed us of our memory."

Lucas assumed a thoughtful expression as he pondered what might have happened to them. Sara, bored of flying in one place, descended to land on his shoulder.

"Lucas maybe there are some people around here who we could ask for this information. It's worth a shot to try and find some people who work here"
"That's a good idea. After all, someone must be able to tell us something"

He began to look like he was going to move away when he suddenly felt the urge to talk to Jiva for a bit longer. Something about that man intrigued him, like he was hiding something.

"So, Jiva was your name? What do you do here? I assume you are a noble guard, protecting all the sick and the travelers from the people and beasts who would wish them harm?"

Anonymous

[OOC, It's okay it might add a new element to Jiva's character lol]

There were only really three things Jiva knew of that caused people to lose their memories, a serious knock to the head, shock or magic of some kind. Lucas didn't look like the sort of person to get into some kind of trouble but still you never knew.

Lucas looked like he was about to leave, but then he stopped. What did he want now?

"So, Jiva was your name? What do you do here? I assume you are a noble guard, protecting all the sick and the travellers from the people and beasts who would wish them harm?"

Jiva actually laughed at that. Sure he had the build of a soldier but because of his illness he hadn't fought in a while. Aside from that he was far from noble and he certainly wasn't a protector. He was a killer pure and simple, one who killed magic users for a price and enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.

Though Hamish had been unfazed by Jiva's profession, he suspected Lucas would be horrified. So it was probably best not to mention it.

"I'm one of the sick," Jiva replied, "Haven't got much longer to live they reckon. I'm not giving up without a fight though, that's why I'm here."

Anonymous

(hiya's. sorry it's been a while.)

Lucas took a step back in horror. So this man was about to die. Lucas's mind reeled and he felt an overwelming surge of grief for Jiva. Yet he was touched by this man's cavalier attitude to his own death.

"I...I'm so sorry Jiva, it must be really hard for you being on the brink like that. It might not be much but i am a healer of some sorts and-"
"NO!! Lucas if that illness is as deadly as he thinks it is then i'll have to spend the next couple of days looking after you as you recover from overusing your magic"
"But Sara, i have to try"

before Sara could interupt him further, He turned to Jiva.

"Would you like me to try and heal this illness. It may not work but even if i can't cure it, i can try and buy you some time."

(Oh BTW if you want Jiva to stay ill, could you let him be healed but have it fail. i just thought up some cool magical healing descriptions that i have to use  :P )

Anonymous

[OOC I do want Jiva healing ^^ I was hoping your character would ^^ I don't want to let go of my little Jiva yet *clings maternally*]

A few healers had tried and failed but this guy did seem stronger than the others. Then again if he had lost his memory it might have dulled his powers. Still Jiva didn't exactly have much to lose...

"All right then, you can try if you want. Many others have failed but if you want to have a go be my guest."

If it didn't work then he wasn't any worse off than he was before and he doubted healing magic could actually kill you. And if it did work all the better, he could get back to his business and could go find that annoying earth mage and finally get rid of her.

Anonymous

"Ok Jiva I'll, give it a try"

Lucas closed his eyes and spread his arms out, palm up, in the direction of Jiva's chest. A faint, gentle light, starting at his head, moved down his arms. The light left his hands in a continuous stream and began to enter Jiva. In an instant, Lucas's eyes flicked open with a startled look of pain. He gave a gasp and fell to the floor. Sara gave a small scream and flew to his side.

"Lucas. LUCAS!! Are you alright?"
"Ugh. Sorry to worry you Sara. The illness seems to have taken root quiet badly and it seems beyond my powers. It also seemed to be able to inflict pain through the healing link. I'm sorry Jiva but this seems beyond me-"
"WAIT!! Lucas, I have an idea. If both of us try and heal Jiva, our combined power might be enough to overwhelm the disease."
"But you can't heal."
"But you could use the power I give you heal Jiva. It's worth a shot."
"Hmm, Jiva it's up to you. Would you like us to try again?"

Anonymous

Jiva was surprised when Lucas said that healing the illness actually hurt the healer as well, what the hell had Mecro done to him? All he really knew was it had been caused by a bite from one of Mecro strange dead minions but exactly what type of venom it was he and every healer he had found so far did not know.

Jiva shrugged at Luca's question, "It's up to you, there's no sense in killing yourself to cure me though."

He then realised what he had said...he had actually considered the well-being of another...was he going soft? No, he refused to become a kind, caring person, he killed for a living and felt no remorse in it and he was going to kill Dalisme someday.

He couldn't help remembering how good a team they had made when they fought Mecro though. Damn her. As much as he hated it, she didn't hate him and he felt...guilty...for wanting to kill her when she didn't have any ill-will towards him. It made him angry as well.

In more than one way, Mecro had completely turned his world upside down. He had caused the illness which might kill him and had forced Jiva to team up with his rival and greatest enemy. And both of these things were making him soft. Damn him, damn everything!

[OOC Yay! internal struggle ftw]

Anonymous

Lucas took another deep breath. This was going to be tricky. The disease seemed to have infiltrated every drop of Jiva's blood. It seemed to be slowly killing all of his vital organs but leaving the body intact. A flash of memory reminded him that illnesses such as these were usually magically induced, usually by a necromancer who wanted to resurrect the body afterwards for various evil schemes.
With Sara resting on his shoulder, he once again got in touch it his magic.
The same light as before began again, but it was now blinding and dazzling. The rune tattoos running down his arm turned from a regular back to a searing white, yet Lucas felt no pain, only rapture. The light began to creep its way towards Jiva and started to engulf him. Eventually, Jiva was entirely bathed in the strong, warm light emitting from Lucas, giving him the same feeling of rapture as Lucas.
As the healing went on, Lucas began to notice that the disease that was in his blood was harming the organs as fast as Lucas was healing them. Despite his best efforts, it looked like he might lose this battle unless he filtered out all of this bad blood.
Blood eventually began to seep from the finger tips of Jiva, as Lucas began to force all of the infected blood that he could find out of Jiva's body. The light faded from Jiva and Lucas's tattoos returned to their normal black.
Suddenly Lucas was assaulted by a massive headache that he recognized all to well. He had used up all of his magic energy reserves and then some. The ground beneath his feet gave way as he collapsed and fell into unconsciousness. Sara fell to his chest as her light began to fade as she too slipped into unconsciousness.

Anonymous

Lucas was bathed in light again, but it was brighter this time. That seemed promising. Then his tattoos started glowing as well and Jiva wondered if maybe it might actually work.

As the magic reached Jiva he started glowing as well. It felt different from any of the healing magic he had experienced before and it felt like it was working. But then blood started dripping from fingertips...that couldn't be good could it? He still felt as if he was healing so maybe that was supposed to happen. Lucas looked fairly confident.

The light faded and Jiva could feel his strength returning. It had worked, at least he though it had...He wasn't going to die! At least not yet anyway.

Lucas didn't look so good though, he looked dizzy and then collapsed along with Sara. Great, he'd killed them.

He started shaking Lucas, who fortunately was breathing. It was hard to tell with the ball of light though.

"Hey! Get up."

It wasn't working; he must have used too much magic. Jiva remembered times when that happened to his mother. At those times there wasn't much you could do except wait until they woke up.

Unless his brand of magic would work. When he had been ill he daren't use it for fear of infecting the other person as well. If he was healed though it might work but what if he wasn't, it would infect Lucas as well. And he might not appreciate drinking someone's blood...
     "Best not to risk it," Jiva thought to himself.

So instead he picked up the little ball of light, fairy thing and started shaking it. Maybe Sara was less affected than Lucas.

[OOC o.O I was so tempted to use Jiva's power, I haven't used it yet! Someday I will!]

Anonymous

Sara wasn't the least bit happy at being shaken awake twice in one day.

"WHAT THE HELL!! CAN'T A FAIRY GET SOME REST AROUND HERE!! HONESTLY!!"

As she began to fully wake up, she did a quick once over of herself. She seemed to have lost a lot of magic but not enough to fully knock her out. As she looked around her and noticed Lucas unconsious on the floor. Great so he went full out and has totally used up all his magic. He should be alright in a couple of hours but until then what could she do. Also this Jiva might need some last minuet medical advice and Lucas wouldn't be happy if Jiva just caught this illness again because of something like that. Hmm. There was a way to revive Lucas, but she was WAY too small to do it.

"Say now Jiva, for waking me up so uncerimoniously, i believe you owe me a favor. Before you answer, remember that we saved your life? Now, Do you know anything about alchemy?"

Anonymous

The fairy didn't seem happy but at least she was alright. And she had mentioned that they had saved his life so it must mean he was healed. But what she had asked posed a problem.

"Sorry, no."

He had hunted alchemists before but didn't know anything about what they actually did. Mages were his forte. It was annoying really, he knew how magic worked and could defeat magic users with relative ease but his own magic was pathetic. And now the fairy was awake it seemed he wouldn't have to resort to it as she seemed to have a plan.

Anonymous

Sara smiled as much as a glowing ball can smile. This was perfect. She had hoped that he wouldn't know any because that means he couldn't correct her. Sara HATED being corrected.

"It's ok, it's not that important to know that much. Just listen to what i have to say. Firstly take the belt off Lucas's waist. After that i need you to..."

She then began to rattle off the instructions needed for a mild potion that had the power to restore consiousness and speed up the recovery of lost magic. After completing her list, She looked up at Jiva.

"Any questions?"

Anonymous

"Yes, can you repeat that," he replied irritably, "You talk way too fast."

She hadn't even paused for breath and considering he didn't know anything about alchemy she was going to have to slow down. He wondered if it might be worth asking about his magic. It would be a lot easier.

"I have some magic by the way, it might help. My blood can heal anything, that is assuming I'm healed now."

Anonymous

"No, that's way too risky. If it turns out that Lucas was unable to fully heal you, then you will just transfer whatever it was that you had into him. And if that happens, believe me, you'll wish you'd have died of the disease."

Sara didn't mean to sound so agressive but Lucas meant so much to her. Even though her memory was blank, Lucas was the only tie she had to her past life. She couldn't risk losing him.

"Ok , if you are too slow to understand things the first time, I'll go over this once more and in indiviual steps. First, take out the bowl from the bag and put some of the blue, fluffy leaves from the first pocket on the left. Crush it in the bowl and tell me when you're done."

Ahh, that felt good. Sara always felt good when she managed to show off her intelligence and make people feel stupid. Although she wasn't that sure if the potion was correct, she had a feeling that it would work. It was like a memory, just too far to reach. Perhaps later, if she tried hard enough, she would be a ble to remember what it was she had forgotten. Until then she was going to enjoy bossing this Jiva about.

"Come on now, chop chop, I haven't got all day."

Anonymous

"Fair enough," thought Jiva, he didn't want to infect the guy who probably saved his life or tried to at the very least.

He did what Sara said and noted the leaves she told him to get didn't smell very pleasant.

She certainly was bossy though, for a small ball of light.

"Do you know what a Venus Flytrap is?"

Hopefully she would take the hint but the image of her being eaten by one was quite entertaining.

"Okay, I'm done, what now?"

Tags: