Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Where am I? (MiatheRabbit)

Started by Anonymous, May 22, 2008, 10:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Venus Flytraps! I've heard of them. As a matter of fact i have burned quiet a few in my life. They don't scare ME!!"

That was a lie. Sara was terrified of Venus Flytraps. A memory floated to the surface of her mind. She remembered walking through a thick jungle and landing on the plant to rest. Within seconds, she was almost swollowed whole by the deadly plant. She was only saved because she was better at casting fire magic than anything else and so she had managed to escape with only minimal burns.
At least now her memory was slowly returning. Sara smiled inwardly at that. Soon she and Lucas would remember everything and this awful strangeness could end. She would have to remember to be nicer to Jiva. He seemed a bit violent.

"Ok Jiva. Now we take some water and add it to the mashed leaves. Wait hold on."

Sara began to send out little sparks as she manipulated some water from a nearby flower bed. The plant might suffer but Sara was in no mood to feel sorry for plant life right now. Plus Lucas was more important than some stupid plant. Adding the water to the leaves, Sara continued with her instruction.

"We also need some sage from the far right pocket and some of those dry prickly red shoots from that pocket over there. Careful with that one as it contains a seditive of sorts and will knock you out if it penetrates the skin. Crush that together and then add some of the powdered fire grass to it for taste."

Sara had to admit it was a simple potion. Only a fool could get it wrong.

Anonymous

Jiva was a bit surprised when Sara said she had heard of Venus Flytraps, hadn't she lost her memory? In fact how could she remember how to make potions? It was very strange. Selective memory loss? Possibly, but if that was the case only magic could have caused it.

He added to the potion what she said, being careful not to get pricked.

"Is this alright he asked?"

If Lucas and Sara hadn't tried to save his life he would have just left them there unconscious. But he did owe them and he hated owing favours.

Anonymous

"Great. Now all we have to do is pour the potion into Lucas's mouth and then he should be just fine. Oh wait a moment."

Sara flew over the potion and began to slowly circle it. As she did so, small flames began to surround the mixture, causing it to boil and give off gasses with very pungent smells.

"Ok, what you need to do is give Lucas most of the potion, but NOT ALL OF IT!! You then need to hold the remaining liquid under his nose so he can breath in the fumes. Do it quickly as the potion only works while it's boiling."

(OOC Sorry I've not posted for a week. Blame Mdu and her web comics of doom)

Anonymous

Clearly the fairy could emit heat as well since it made the liquid boil. He propped Luca's head up and tipped some into his mouth. Then he held the cup under his nose. It might have been easier to just hit the guy, might have been quicker. The ball of light probably wouldn't appreciate it though and neither would Lucas.

Anonymous

(OOC Please don't hurt me!! I'm sorry but i got dragged on a two week holiday and (so typical) there was no internet. I'm sorry and will patiently wait for the smiting)

Lucas woke up with a jolt. A burning sensation was rushing down his throat and a acrid smell was filling his nostrils. He felt instantly sick. In his rush to get up, he knocked the potion flying from Jiva's hand and began to cough and splutter. After a few minuets, He was finally able to speak without coughing.

"What was in that potion?"

A small mischievous giggle burt out from Sara. She was laughing so hard that she was bouncing in the air.

"I didn't think it would be so easy. I didn't think Jiva would actually feed you a boiling liquid."
"Why did you tell him to do that?"
"Because it's FUNNY!!"

With that, Sara burst into fresh gales of laughter.

"I have to admit thought, i thought the gas idea was a bit strong but i couldn't help it."
"Well thank you very much Sara. Now i will have headaches for the better part of the day."

After saying this he quickly turned to Jiva.

"I would like to say thank you for the potion. It was prepared perfectly and i can already feel my magic returning. How are you feeling? Do you still think you might be infected?"

Anonymous

The fairy was an idiot. You did not tell someone completely unfamiliar with potions and alchemy to do something like that unless it was necessary. He actually felt sorry for Lucas having that fairy hanging around with him.

"I think I'm okay," Jiva replied.

He didn't know whether or not he was infected still, the illness was internal so he couldn't be sure. He felt better than ever though. That had to be a good sign. Now he wasn't dying he felt a little strange, he didn't really know what to do first. Though going after Dalisme again seemed like a good idea.

Anonymous

"Well the fact that you feel good is a sign that the worse part of the disease is over. However I think I might still need to purge any small bits of the disease left. When I cured you before, I purged the greater part of the illness but I need to remove the rest lest you become infected. Now please hold still while I finish the job."

Lucas took the same stance as he did before, standing straight with his eyes closed and his palms facing the general direction of Jiva. Sara, still giggling mischievously landed on his shoulder ready to lend a hand. Lucas however had other ideas.

"It's alright Sara, this should be pretty simple as I have removed the greater part of the illness."
"But you have only just recovered from the purging of the illness. You need my help."
"I'm sorry Sara  but i still have the taste of your last bit of "help" lingering in my mouth."

Sara, suddenly feeling very guilty, flew off Lucas's shoulder to comply with his wishes. After that, Lucas began to start healing. It was nowhere near as intricate as the main healing. In fact it only lasted a couple of seconds. The tattoos didn't glow and the only evidence of anything happening was a faint, dim glow flowing from Lucas to Jiva. Then Lucas opened his eyes and lowered his hands.

"That should do it. Now you should be entirely free of the disease. Well i think i should get going. I need to enquire into the meaning of my being here. Hope you stay healthly Jiva. May you be blessed with good health."
"Yeah, whatever Jiva, you were kinda fun to mess with so see ya around."

With that Lucas and Sara set off into the abbey to search for anyone who could give them an insight into this mystery.

Tags: