Started by Anonymous, March 14, 2005, 05:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

THE DROW WILL CONQUER ALL!

DEATH TO SUN WORSHIPERS!

THANK YOU
-D-VAD: OFFICIAL SPOKESMAN OF THE DROW INVASION OFTHE SURFACE

Anonymous

Ah, but you're missing the main word here.

SUN

And that's what Drow don't like, and remember.

Fire = light = Drow going blind.

So, I think that the Drow and the Luminari are on pretty even ground, I'll let you point out what the Drow have that's better then what the Luminari have. And it can't be 'numbers' or any ship that the Drow couldn't possibly have made because, face it, Drow just ARE NOT technology smart. ^_^

Anonymous

*cough* um..drow are the most technologically advanced humanoid race ^_^

Anonymous

and they don't go blind, it just stings, and there are enchantments to defend against it.  :D

Anonymous

well i will point out something "good" (if good is a word that can be associated with drow)

they have magic. lots of magic. i read up on the drow history for d&d, turns out they got cast away from society not by elves, the elves couldn't take on their own brothers (drow is elven for dark elf) the elves needed the humans and dwarves to help them cast away the drow, who sat in their kingdoms in the icy north minding their own business as much as anyone else could say. the elves got scared of the power the drow amassed when they began worshipping "evil" gods and goddesses (Lloth for one) so the drow split up, one group went to the desert and soon merged in with the other desert races, becoming taller and thinner, and more brown than black. the second group went to the jungle, which became green rather than black and shorter. and the last group went to Underdark which is the drow we know from books. they kept to their society and vowed to return to the surface and get revenge. so who is so evil now? the drow for worshipping evil gods? or the elves for casting their judgement rather than letting the immortals deal with it?

Anonymous

Ha! Like Hell they are.

Drow, who live in the UNDERDARK, who GO BLIND IN STARLIGHT, are 'technologically advanced' .... yeah .....  Maybe with the magics, and the meditating. But that's it.

Your Drow for SotE might be technologically advanced. But everywhere else... No, I'm afraid they're not.

And Luminari could still kick their butts. XP

Anonymous

yes, all drow are. And drow love starlight ^_^

Anonymous

ur not entirely right about the blindness josh, (again i hate to keep repeating "in d&d") Light Blindness as dictated is the first round (6 seconds fo combat) the drow are treated as blinded and all rounds after that they are treated as Dazzled for as long as they are in the source

-Underdark, Forgotten Realms d20, WoTC

Anonymous

Yes, those are campaign stats. Drow grow tolerance to light after a certain term of regular exposure, and like i said, there are enchantment to best it.

Anonymous

i'd have to agree with Jezzika on the tech though. even in d&d, with futuristic settings, the drow have always been used as the bandit race for the universe. it states they never create what they use, only steal it from those that can't protect it

Anonymous

yeah, it's got those stats too, "Daylight Adaption" but you no longer are dazzled, u still get that first round of blindness. enchantments? no. sorry but unless they could snuff the light before it even shone on them, nope there is not a single spell or anything listed (i've looked, cuz i used drow bard alot as they play the assassin role in drow society)

Anonymous

yes, yes there are. *looks at his stack of drow books, including the encyclopedia of drow magic* And..don't know what you read, but drow are constantly inventing new and exciting weapons and death devices.tis what they do.

Anonymous

ack! i'm getting too technical again! bash me over the head each time i do that ok. i know i might get alot of lumps, but it's for my own good. *bashs self*

Anonymous

Quote from: "Darth Mod"yes, yes there are. *looks at his stack of drow books, including the encyclopedia of drow magic* And..don't know what you read, but drow are constantly inventing new and exciting weapons and death devices.tis what they do.

with their magic. and sure, crude devices like the iron maiden. but space travel is a different matter (except by magic) i'm not talking about the fantasy setting, the futuristic setting is being used here.

*is bashing self many times while typing this*

and besides, it's also stated that their stuff stops working once they leave underdark because it's no longer near the crystal
-complete guide to drow, natural 20 press

volatile space pirates that ride in specially designed ships created from
binding demons into the engines, or even a genetically
enhanced research project gone terribly awry.

anoter quote from the above source

Anonymous

futuristic? *thinks* never heard of sci-fi drow <_<

Anonymous

and only certain things stop working, and its not from some crystal. SOME items, such as Adamantine weapons, deteriorate and weaken after long term exposure to sunlight. And we never said anything about space travel o.O

Anonymous

Floating ships basically equal up to space travel... sheesh.. get with the program.  XP

But the point is.. Drow can create weapons and such, sure, but... Ships are in the 'ain't gunna happen ANYTIME soon' bin. ^_^

Anonymous

considering ALL of drow items are crafted out of Adamantine and mythril. and all of them deteriate, at least ALL MAGIC items do. here's the chart from the book as stated above:

Magic Item Type Rate of Deterioration
-Armor and Shields Loses 1 AC (starting with any magical bonuses) per week away from radiation, until it
crumbles to dust
-Weapons Loses 1 point of damage (starting with any magical bonuses) per week away from radiation,
until it crumbles to dust
-Potions Potion becomes a poison and is spoiled if more than 24 hours away from radiation
-Rings Begins to deteriorate at a rate of 250 gp value per day away from radiation; ceases to
function if the item has less than 1,000 gp value remaining; crumbles to dust when no
value is left
-Rods Loses four charges per day away from radiation, until it crumbles to dust
-Scrolls Scrolls disintegrate after 24 hours away from radiation
-Staves Loses four charges per day away from radiation, until it crumbles to dust
-Wands Loses four charges per day away from radiation, until it crumbles to dust
-Wondrous Items Begins to deteriorate at a rate of 250 gp value per week away from radiation; ceases to
function if the item has less than 1,000 gp value remaining; crumbles to dust when no
gp value is left

Rhindeer

XD I'm going to split this topic into it's own topic, since it's strayed from the subject of the Lumenari. ^_~
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

it's a levitating boat, with illithid psionic energy. Drow are very close to the illithids, yes they are ^_^