Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mia's Character Sprite Workshop ^^

Started by Anonymous, July 17, 2008, 10:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Um...well it was there but said 'this PM has been deleted by the sender' or something like that....so no >.<

Glad you like the sprites though ^^

Anonymous

*kicks her computer* stupid thing >_<

*cough* Long story short, I said I was planning on creating a game with the RPG maker, but I'm a noob and I dont know what to do xD I asked which version you thought I should download, and also if you would be willing to create a few simple sprite sheets for me so I could use my charas in the game. You'd be given due credit and a finished copy of the game, of course <3 Also if you dont want to, which I perfectly understand, I asked if you would be willing to tell me how to create sprites like you do... cuz I really wanna use my specific charas in the game ^_^;;

Anonymous

I personally prefer RPG Maker XP and the sprites I make are in the style of the RMXP defaults,A lot of people like RPG Maker 2003 but I don't think you can script extra features in. RPG Maker VS I downloaded and tried myself but I felt it limited what you could do, it's very easy to use though for beginners.
And yeah I can make some sprites sheets for you ^^ might take me a while though, 1 takes a while but an entire movement sheet can take a couple of days and I might bug you for character drawings in exchange. Hope that's okay.
Also this is a very useful website which I get scripts, resources and general help from RMXP.ORG
You need a bit of a thick skin when posting though, some of the users can be a little mean >.<

Hope that helped ^^

Anonymous

Thank you very much! I'm actually getting my bf, who is a computer wiz- to help me... to I'll try the XP one; its okay that is is more complicated because I'll have him to help me... but if I'm having way to much trouble, I'll go for the easier one :3

yes you can certainly bug me for pictures to trade! Right now my scanner is not hooked up cuz I'm staying at a friends, but t shouldn't be to much longer to get it all set up. So yeah, I dunno if you've seen my deviant art page... theres links in most of my chara profiles ^_~ You can request any pics you like! I'm also a fairly skilled writer (if you like flowery writing, that is) so you can ask for fanfics with your charas or from other fandoms if you like, too! Don't be shy cuz really there isn't much I wont write xD!

Okay, the sprites I need for the game so far are...

Braylinn
Mystery
Cosette
Princess
Lazarus (Dont you wanna kill me now?)

There might be a few more, but I'm not sure. For every sheet you make I'll say you can ask me for one thing :) like, if you did all that you could have 5 arts (fully colored and inked, of course) or three arts and two one shot fics, or something. That seem okay to you? <3 I have no idea how much work a sprite sheet is so... if thats an unfair offer, just tell me and of course I'll offer you more ^__^

Anonymous

That sounds fine ^^ I'll probably just ask you pics thought rather than writing
I really don't know if I'll be able to do a whole sheet for Lazarus though >.< It might look really bad....I definately have to draw the dragon bit completely from scratch....
....It would definately be worth more than one drawing o.O

Anonymous

Oh yeah, for sure! I was actually meaning to tell you a sheet of Laz would be worth like 2 or 3 drawings, cuz he's such a bitchy little thing to make. If you really cant do it though, would you be able to create him with just... less legs? The same as he is now but with only two dragon legs and a tail?

If you can make him as he is, I would really appreciate it <3 but I understand if it is to hard ^_^;;;

Anonymous

A two dragon legs one would be easier but I'll try and do the four legged one...

Anyway here's some of the full sheets I've done before which are for one of my RMXP games so you get an idea of what they'll be like.

Anonymous

Oh my! Those are very nice!!! I like the last one with the long pale hair ^___^ I can see they're a lot of work, I really appreciate you helping me out!

No worries if four legs is to hard :3 I can only imagine, yeesh. But yeah I'll give you more pics if you manage it xD You deserve it! ^_^ Laz is the main character too xD Go figure; the hardest one >_>

Anonymous

xD I like the last one too, she's called Hecate and she's one of the main party, she's a demon lol
And the main character should have a distinctive sprite ^^ you have to look it at the entire game so it should be. I shall do my best!

Anyway here's Karn ^^ Does he need a full sheet too?

Anonymous

Oooo demons are so neat! :D I'm not even sure my game has demons! It has everything else xD Well, four legs or two, either way Laz is pretty unique, so I hope he remains interesting after a few hours of game play xD according to my outline, this will be a longish game... at least, I hope :3

I'm not sure; I haven't fully planned out Cosette's chapter yet, so I don't know if Karn will show up or not. I think there will at least be two or three additions to the list of sprite sheets I need... so Karn may be in there. Another creature like Laz will be on the list, but I think if you make Laz you can just change his colors and maybe horns to make the other one like him...

Oh, and let me know at any time what you would like me to draw for you! :) I don't have the scanner up yet, but at least I can get started on them ^__^

and OMG! *snatches up Karn sprite and cuddles him!* I LOVE him, he's perfect! Thank you a million times!! <3333

EDIT: OH I forgot, Mystery counts as TWO characters because I need TWO sets of her; one normal, and one with her shoes, stockings, gloves, and mask off. Under those things her skin is all dark and spotted like Princess. I can describe better if needed <3

Anonymous

Alrighty, two of Mystery should be okay, yay for Paint Shop layers!

And I'll ask you for drawings as I finish each one okay ^^
The first one will probably be Jiva though xD

Anonymous

Sorry it took so long to reply! Long, unexpected trip to Tanglewood.

Anyhoo, I LOVE THOSE SPRITES, MIA!!! :heart: *hugs*

Anonymous

Alrighty :D Thats fine with me!

hikaru.dream

Shou
Kei

Picture!

I originally made both from the avatar but they've changed a wee bit so it might be better to look at the pic of them^^
I'm sorry it's hard to see, I'm not too good at using my scanner yet.
Clothes do not have to be the same, but I'd like it if you could keep Kei's wrist bandage.

Oh. I forgot I hadn't written a profile for Kei yet :/
Height: 4"7
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
I can't think of anything else now...

*salutes* Sprite please?

EDIT(Reply to the one underneath): Thank you!

Anonymous

Okay here's the rest of your sprites AoC

Anonymous

Okkies here's your Shou and Kei Sprites hikaru ^^
I based them off the drawings so I hope they're alright o.O

hikaru.dream

Thanks!  :heart:  *jumps up and down all around the place excitedly*
I would jump up and down if I didn't live on the second floor.

I just love them!!

Anonymous

Glad you like them ^^

I'm still doing spites by the way ^^

Please don't ask me for anymore full sheets though o.O
I haven't even finished One Last Breath's yet

Anonymous

I know you have all sorts of shtuff going on right now but when you get the time I wouldn't mind some sprites over here too.

Gonna go add some Gaia avatars over here to my profiles :D ^_^

Thanks again Mia <3

Anonymous

Rina wants some more SotE sprites plz! =DDDD

Doyle

You can't really see his facial scars in that one, but he's got one over his nose rather like Devi's. His skin is a dark tan color, black and white hair, one green eye, one is totally black, no iris, no white. Clothes are....what ever color you want. And you don't have to do his weird hand. It looks normal most of the time.

Jovan
He's an albino bunny boy. So white hair, pale white skin, pink eyes. His clothes are all really brightly colored.

Senka
She's got black hair, white bangs, pale, pale skin, probably about what you would use on the albino bunny ^.^ One eye is black, the other is white. Colors of her clothes are...um....whatever. Mostly dark, rich tones. Nothing to bright. Reds and blacks and dark browns.
<3333