Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Strolling Through Adela (Makoto)

Started by Anonymous, December 30, 2004, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Alex made his way through the forest surrounding Adela village with Makoto.  He was in a pretty good mood, especially since he'd been hanging with Makoto for the last hour and a half and there had been no transformations.

He looked back to make sure she was still coming and headed into the village, a hat covering his distinctive red hair in case anyone recognized him from his previous trip there.  He didn't want this trip to be full of running and escaping back to the Theif's Guild to start from sqaure one.

He passed by a vender's stall and quick as a wink an apple was stuffed in his pocket for him to chew on.  He waited until they'd turned a corner before he took a bite and offered and apple to Makoto.  

"Want?"  He asked with a raised eyebrow and a grin.

Rhindeer

Makoto followed along side Alex as they strolled through the village, her gait light-hearted, as usually, making her myriad braids bounce with her every step. She probably should have followed Alex's example and disguised herself, if only a little. A simple alteration of her hairdo would have done the trick, though she feared doing that. Her hair would stick out a mile in each direction after being done up in braids for so long! Hm...but, she'd also been in Adela not a day ago, and she was pretty well-known among the guards that patrolled the village.

Of course...to her, running and escaping was exciting, a good adrenaline rush. But...on second thought, she wasn't so sure her new companion would appreciate that. Not all thieves liked to flirt with danger.

Wouldn't exactly make the best first impression. Or, second impression, actually.

Reaching back into her hair as they passed a fruit vender, she began undoing her braids, and was pleased to find her hair only turned out wavy from it, and not a massive bush of wild, frizzy hair. That should do the trick. She was easily recognizable for her braids, so this should at least make her stand out a little less, even if it would be a pain. Her hair was long, and the braids kept those locks contained and controlled.

Makoto finished just as Alex spoke, offering up a bitten apple that she hadn't noticed him swipe. With a grin, she took the offered fruit and took a bite from it, then handed it back to him, assuming they could share it. Hey, he took it, no reason for her to hog it all! "Heh, thanks!" she said once she'd swallowed the piece. "You're pretty smooth, y'know. I didn't even see ya do that," she complimented with a playful nudge.

So far, so good. She didn't see any guards around...yet. But the day was still young.

"So! Well, we made it in one piece, eh? Been around here much?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Alex smirked.  "If you saw me, then there'd be a good chance the vender saw me, which would be bad."  He grinned.  "Not smooth.  I've just been stealing apples longer than I've been stealing anything else.  A guy's gotta eat."

He took another bite of his apple as he looked around the busy village.  He'd been there just this afternoon, but it always surprised him how these people could go about their daily lives when there were theives looking to rob them blind every single second.

Of course, he was one of those theives, but stil...

He looked over at her, realizing that she'd said something.  "Hm?  Oh.  I come here at least once a day.  Most of the time it's just to take something.  Every once in awhile, I actually have a reason.  Today is not one of those days."

He grinned and tossed the apple core into a nearby trashcan.  "How about you?  Come to Adela other than to take care of 'business'?"

Rhindeer

Makoto chuckled softly. "Heh, yeah, ya got a point there," she agreed, a bit sheepishly. She herself was good at the sleight of hand motions needed to work as a thiefâ€"when she wasn't bungling it up by making some sort of clumsy mistake. Grace had never been one-hundred percent on her side...most of the time she could make a clean steal, but it was just her luck to make too clean and swift of a steal, and to accidentally drop the apple she had just unnoticeably swiped.

Unnoticeably...until everyone around heard the thud as it hit the ground.

In most cases, the situation could be salvaged, though, with some excuse about accidentally bumping the table. Some times, though, what had really happened just turned out far too obvious; her furious blushes tended to give her away.

"Well, I was born 'n' bred here, so it's kinda like my home town. Or, close to it. I've got no loyalties toward the country itself, obviously, if I do 'business' with it, but I like the area well enough. It's pretty, and I've got some nice memories here. Some exciting ones, too." She gave a mischievous grin. "Lotsa grand escapes and close calls. It makes life interesting. For me, at least; not everyone feels that way, but I was basically brought up that way. My parents were dare-devils."

Realizing she had gone off topic, she shook her head. "Erm, but anyway! Yeah, I come here a lot, not always to take care of 'business'. I don't always have to have a reason, though. Just to reminisce, I guess."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Alex grinned.  "Dare-devils, huh?  My parents were thieves.  EWxcept they got caught and sentenced to death."  He shrugged.  "Which is why I take care not to get caught."  He winked at her and laughed as they continued walking.

It was pretty nice in the village, so he truly did love to just come for a visit.  It sometimes made him wonder what life would be like on the straightand-narrow path.  If he wasn't a theif and lived freely among the villagers.

But he always decided that life to be far to boring for him to live and be happy with.  Look how miserable he'd been as a child!

Alex shook his head to clear out those thoughts and looked up at the sky.  "I feel like stirring up some excitement, but I'm not quite sure if I want to venture towards the castke."

He looked in the direction of Adela Castle.  The security there was airtight.  He'd never even attempted doing a job near the place let alone trying to get in.  He looked over at Makoto.

"Ever given the castle a shot?"  He asked curiously, wondering if it was just him who'd never gone near the place.

Rhindeer

(XD Wow...so many plots involving Adela Kingdom! Squee! /randomness)

Makoto's green eyes widened with Alex's statement, and she turned her head abruptly to look at him, long hair swaying with the movement. "No way. Mine too," she remarked. "Same way. I was prob'ly nine or ten when it happened; can't really remember specifics. But they were dare-devils, too...a little too much so...and yeah. Caught and killed."

But...meh. That story was just depressing. She was quick to change the subject to a much more light-hearted, if related, one. "Heh, I'm kinda followin' in their footsteps. Well, hopefully without the whole, er, gettin' axed part, y'know. I'm a bit more careful. I think..." She gave a little laugh, scratching the back of her neck. No, so she was reckless. But, hey, at least if she died, it was an exciting death.

That was certainly an outlook that worked to sugarcoat the grim reality of it all. But, it'd also helped her when it came to accepting the deaths of her parents.

"The castle? Heh, not me! But, erm, actually...that's the exact place my folks got caught at." She gave a little smirk, shaking her head slowly. "But it's still fair game to me." She couldn't help but see the place as a sort of...milestone, and in all honesty she'd had plans of, one day, giving it a shot. In a way, if she could pull it off, it would be like...well, like she was finishing the job her parents had failed at, allowing their legacyâ€"it was a legacy...to herâ€"to live on through her. And, if nothing else, it would serve as a subtle form of revenge...

Anonymous

The sound of foosteps grew louder, as did the sound of raised male voices. Most words were unrecognisable, apart from a few such as 'Theif' and 'Stop', which could be heard clear as day.
A young girl rounded the corner, crashing head first into Makoto and Alex, bowling them over in a cloud of dust. The sound of coins could be heard, chinking as the collided and roled away.

"S-sorry!! Sorry!!...Oh crikey" The girl coughed as she tried to scramble up from underneath Makoto.

"Sorry sorry sorry" She repeated, struggling in desperation.
"I don't seem to be very good at this..." She sighed as the dust began to settle, the guards arrival imminent.

Rhindeer

Makoto hadn't the time to react. One minute she was strolling along beside Alex, plotting but otherwise behaving for once, and the next instant, BOOM! somethingâ€"or rather, someone judging by the feminine voice that coughed and frettedâ€"crashed headlong into her.

And Makoto was, quite literally, floored.

Coins splayed all around her, some still rolling or spinning on their sides crazily, Makoto blinked slowly as she tried to regain her bearings and figure out what, exactly, just happened. But she didn't have time to do much of that, for a second later, she felt something soft squirming beneath her desperately, that same feminine voice audible. Snapping her gaze downward, her eyes met those of another girl, and she jumped a little. "W-what just...whoa...where'd ya...ah, nevermind!" Shaking her head, she rolled off the trapped girl and then pulled up into a sitting position nearby.

And then everything sank in.

"Heeey...you're a thief, too, ehâ€"?"

"Over there!"

Makoto sat bolt upright at the sound of the all-too-familiar male voices, which sounded all-too-close, as though the bodies attached to them were just moments away from rounding that same corner the other thief-girl just had. Ohhh shoot. Seemed this girl had the same amount of luck and grace as Makoto herself! Nooot good.

Leaping to her feet, Makoto made urgent little motions with her hands, urging both the new girl and Alex to get up as she practically bounced from foot to foot with impatience. "Get up, get up, get up! Time to scram! Hurry! And leave the coins, girl!"

Anonymous

((OOC:  Geez, Rhi, thanks for the poke.  I didn't get an email alert!  *pokes message boards*))

Alex grinned.  "Yeah, me too.  Besides, I really wasn't cut out for staying at home with my grandfather, anyway.  I was way too bored.  He'd tell us stories about my mom and dad and I'd just be thinking 'Damn, it'd be awesome to do some of that stuff'."

He gasped as he was suddenly shoved to the floor, and by a girl no less.  Even more dust flew around Alex as he suddenly disappeared, only to be replaced by an orange cat.

Alex poked his head out through his clothes and crawled out, stretching.  Damn, he hated being turned into a cat.  It was annoying and embarassing.  He was hoping he wouldn't have to deal with the transformation today.

So much for that.

Annoyed red eyes turned to look at the girl who'd crashed into him and Makoto and he hissed.  "Forget about the coins and run."  He said as he leaped onto a nearby barrel.  "I'll slow them down.  You two run."  He said, hoping he wouldn't have to deal with awkward explainations until later.

Anonymous

The girl scrambled to her feet quickly obeying Makoto and Alex and leaving the coins behind, even when they looked soooo tempting to just pick them up.
"Yup! Theif by name, Theif kinda by nature...still haven't quite got the hang of it"
She blushed, grinning. Her hazel eyes turned to the guards which had now rounded the corner.
"Uh-oh" she murmmered, her face panic stricken.
Aimee was only 13 and she had already had more run ins with guards then she could count. Her body was grubby, looking as though it hadn't been washed in a looonngg time. She wore a baggy white shirt,  a red bandanna, torn brown shorts and no shoes. Her long brown hair cascaded down to the middle of her back, with different coloured feathers tied to random thick strands. At 5ft she wasn't exactly the tallest person, but she had spirit....when she needed it.
"Time to go?" She suggested, looking at Makoto quickly smiling hopefully.

Rhindeer

...What?

On second glance, Makoto was suddenly painfully aware that Alex was no longer...there...and that what she had been urging on were...his clothes. Which were limp and empty. And had an orange cat beneath them, instead, which talked. In Alex's voice. And didn't seem too happy, either.

Her jaw dropped, green eyes widening to humorous proportions, as she stared and pointed feebly with a hand that had moments ago been gesticulating wildly. "You're...you're...Alex?" The guards had been forgotten, everything else seeming to die away in her shock. Alex? Alex was a cat? How the heck did that happen!? Sure, she'd heard of shifters before, but...she'd never seen one in person! It was only a little odd to suddenly face a talking cat that had minutes ago been a human.

She was snapped back to herself by the new girl's voice, and she gave a quick nod and jolt of surprise when she saw the guards rounding the corner. No time to respond to the girl's other statements or ask names or any of that other stuff. There'd be time for socializing later. "Uh...yeah. C'mon!"

Snatching the girl's wrist, she pulled her along as she took off, the guards' shouts close behind them. Whatever Alex the Kitty had planned, he'd better do it fast...though Makoto wasn't so sure of what a little cat could do to stall.

Anonymous

Alex twitched at Makoto's surprised tone, deciding not to reply to that for now.  "Doesn't matter!  Just run!"  He urged, making sure they had safely run away before he made himself comfortable on the barrel and waited.

It wasn't long before three or four guards came running from around the corner.  Alex launched himself at one, hissing and scratching until he drew some blood.  The man screamed and threw Alex off him and to the ground.  Alex quickly got in the way of another guard, smirking in satisfaction when he tripped over him and fell into another guard.

He sank his teeth into the leg of the last guard, clinging on for as long as he could before the guy kicked him off and began hopping around on one foot.  He knew it wouldn't take them long to recover and grabbed his clothes in his teeth, hopping onto the barrel, then onto the roof.

His eyes scanned the streets, spotting no sign of Makoto or Aimee.  He figured if he ran along the rooftops long enough, he'd catch sight of them eventually.  He sighed a bit, keepign a good grip on his clothes.  There would be questions to answer now.

Oh well.

He was about to jump onto another roof when, in second poof of smoke, he changed back into his human form... Completely naked.  He groaned and quickly got dressed, running his fingers through his hair and crouching down on the roof when he saw the guards running past just below.  

Continuing to run along the rooftops, Alex looked around for Makoto and Aimee.

Anonymous

.Aimee ran alongside Makoto,  trying to forget about that fact that she could no longer feel her hand.
Her eyes quickly diverted from ahead to her surroundings, trying to find a suitable place to hide.
"The names Aimee by the way"
She puffed, trying the breath: she'd never ran so fast in her life!
"In here!"
She said hurridley, pulling Makoto through the doorway of an abandonned house on her right. Crumbling would be a better word to describe it. Rocks lay scattered across the floor, which was mostly full of holes, no windows, no doors, just the darkness which is what they needed!

Rhindeer

Long hair trailing behind her as she ran, Makoto chuckled softly but breathlessly in her throat as Aimee introduced herself, and there might as well have been no guards trailing them from the way she spoke. What a way to meet people. "Heh, nice to meetcha! I'mâ€"" Makoto began casually before clamping her teeth together to stifle her sudden cry of surprise as Aimee abruptly took control, pulling her into an old, abandoned building. Releasing Aimee's wrists, Makoto's arms flailed outward as she caught the edge of the door's frame to keep from falling into the room instead of dashing into it. Yeesh! She needed more warning than that before directions were changed on her like that!

Slipping inside quickly, she crouched down in the shadows near the door and peered out the crack in the door. Her voice dropped to a soft, cautious whisper. "As I was saying...name's Makoto." Glancing over her shoulder at Aimee, she offered a grin. "Way to make an entrance, by the way. Y'know, kid, ya remind me of me..."

Chuckling softly, she returned her attention to the street outside, ears straining for any sounds. Now, where was Alex...?

Was he okay? He was a small kitty and all...a guard could have easily...uh...squashed him...

She grimaced suddenly at the rather vivid imagery that accompanied her over-active mind, a flash of a messy orange stain being ground into the dusty pavement by a boot. Erk. Noooot a nice picture.

Anonymous

"Nice to meet ya Makoto...i like to pride myself in my entrances"

Aimee grinned as she peered over her fellow theifs head, but ducked down as she watched the guards run by, shouting at each other as they looked for them.
The girl sighed as they passed and ran out of sight.

"Phew! I'm glad thats over!...Hey where's your friend? The shapeshifter? I hope he's ok"

She said worried

(OCC: uurrg...bad post...trying to revise at the same time! never a good mix!)