Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cult of the damned!

Started by Anonymous, February 15, 2009, 03:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

First i made a long version but desided it was TL,DR.

I made my black dragon based off the LACK OF Thanatos lore; it only said that a long time ago necromancers fled persecution. Why would any given faction of magic users flee persecution? I asked myself and found only one viable answer. They tried to take over the world but was somehow stopped.

Now how is that for lore?

I can make a cult that want to take over the world right?

Ofc that is the end goal and merely rping people from the cult does not immediately lead to world conquest ;D.

I intended it to be a coallison of Warlocks and necromancers that follow some self elected super-powerful guy that inspired loyalty in people. Unfortunately he died during their first plan to take over the world because of the warlock vs necromancer argument (both want to take over the world BUT they have different methods) and now after a milennia of argument they have agreed to ressurect him!

To take over the world once-more. Ofc such a feat requries fleshing out, im merely at my beginning stages of sote rper and do not posess too much knowledge of lore etc. I read what was aviable and tried my best to fit it in.

also i feel cult of the damned is too nercomantic and would love to hear name suggestions (Followers of the Pink Pony was taken).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ric"I made my black dragon based off the LACK OF Thanatos lore; it only said that a long time ago necromancers fled persecution. Why would any given faction of magic users flee persecution? I asked myself and found only one viable answer. They tried to take over the world but was somehow stopped.

I think that your idea for a cult that wants to take over the world is just fine and dandy. But I think there are a lot of other reasons that a group of magic users would flee persecution. They will be vastly outnumbered and in the case of the Necromancers, they practice an art that most creatures, magical or otherwise would find abhorrent. Which would make it hard for said Necromancers to practice openly.

I always got the idea that most of them are just mages that wish to practice their 'dark' arts with others like them. Just because they mess with undead and don't respect the body much doesn't make them evil. Or power hungry. No more or less then any of the other mage nations.

Anonymous

Ah yea you are kinda right. Well i can still make a cult that has a goal of taking over the world within that part. I just dont have to make up anything lore wize to make them have their base of operations in Thanatos :D