Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You Were Supposed to Follow!

Started by Anonymous, March 01, 2009, 05:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It had been a year since they started their trek away from their old home. It had been great there, dry, warm, people. Here was too green, too cold and too wet. Mikaata frowned and pulled her coat on tighter, doing the buckles up and moving her shoulder length dark brown hair up around her ear so it would stop tickling her damn nose. The jagged black tattoo that curved up her neck and around her ear to end just below her eye stood out on her slowly paling flesh.

" Screw this. Zaali, we're going to the bar. This sucks and I'm cold." She hissed to her sister and kicked at what she had been working on, hissing when she squished her foot. Muttering darkly, the young woman glared at her sister before snarling and storming off, the tails of her coat picking up in the slight breeze from between the trees of the dying forest and wandered her way to the pub.

It would be crowded as it usually ways, and they would be hit on because they were very likely the only pair of females that didn't have extra appendeges or creepy bug parts. Mikaata didn't carry any weapons on her, but her long coat gave the illusion that she held some sort of concealed weapon. After stalking her way to the stupid bar in the stupid village that was all stupid and cold she pushed the door open, got stared at for a moment and then wandered over to the bar to sit down.

The corner was for those play-creepies.

Lifting her hand up and putting a coin down that would pay enough for two drinks, which it was going to, she got hers placed before her and it was to her lips and half empty in a few gulps. Eugh, nasty stuff. Pressing her elbow to the bar, her hand followed soon after and she lifted her fingers to signal to the bar tender to get another drink.

This went in front of Mikaata and it was for Zaali. Sure Mikaata had gotten up in a huff and stormed off, but it wasn't like she was expecting Zaali to clean up after her, or at all. It was a job, to pick stuff up and move it, simple stuff, kept them busy and fed.

"Zaaaaaaliiiii, you were supposed to catch my hint and follow me." Huffing at her sister, whom she loved but hated just a little bit more, Mikaata waited with both seats beside her open for any ol' creepster to come on by and say hello.

Anonymous

Zaali had gotten the hint just fine. The older sibling glared at her sisters retreating back. It wasn't like she liked it here any better. Damn cold and damp everywhere. She was sure that they were going to mold and start rotting any moment. How was it people even managed to live like this?

Her own long brown hair was piled on top of her head in a messy bun, a few curling strands had worked loose and were getting in her way. She should really cut it, but when shorter, it got far to curly. And Zaali was a little bit vain about that.

"Useless brat." Standing up and brushing her hands off. Her own black tattoos, so like Mikaata's but subtly different, was visible above her threadbare jacket. She really needed a new one, but nooooo. Someone just had to go drinking all the time. It didn't take that long to clean up the mess Mikaata had left her. Wouldn't do to get fired.

Once she was finished, she started stomping after her sister. Zaali would admit, if only in her own mind, that she could really use a drink.

And of course, the bar smelled funny and was filled with dirty, smelling, crude men. That just wanted one thing from a woman. And they didn't care what happened to her after the fact. Well, they could go fuck themselves.

With her pretty, exotic features set in a scowl, Zaali managed to radiate enough contempt for the male gender that they got the hint that even if her jacket wasn't hiding a weapon, that wouldn't really help them much if they tried to mess with her.

Sliding next to Mikaata, she snagged the drink in front of her and downed half of it in one go. It was awful and best to drink it fast. Taste less of it that way. Smacking the drink down, she made a face, "You always were too scrawny to be much of a drinker."

Anonymous

A man walked into the bar, seeming to let off an aura of such calm power that all of the men, even ones larger than him, seemed cowed.  He stood just over 6 feet tall, his black hair crowning his face like a lion's mane.  Once he had made his way to the bartop, the bartender looked at him with a sense of awe.  "Wh-what can I get for you, sir?"  He seemed like he was looking at some angry god, threatening terrible punishment.

"Get me something to drink.  The good stuff, not the slop you serve these poor fools."  He slapped several gold coins on the counter, giving a predatory smile to him.  The bartender reached down with a tremulous hand, and finally brought forth a small amber bottle.  The bottle seemed to gravitate into his hand without him actually moving, and he sniffed at it curiously.  After a moment, he took a swig, then nodded approvingly.

As he turned to survey the people, his sleeves rode up to reveal a panorama of tattoos, seeming to meld perfectly into a wonderful mosaic.  He finally spotted Zaali and Mikaata, and pushed himself off of the stool he sat on.  He seemed to glide towards them confidently, seeming completely sure that these women couldn't deny him.  He finally stopped by their table, putting the bottle down between them in silence, his eyes twinkling merrily.

He strode back to the bar, speaking to the bartender.  He seemed to grow more fervant as they continued to speak, waving at the people in the bar.  Yaksha waved at the two women calmly, seeming not to lose any degree of calm he had since entering.  Finally, the bartender threw his hands into the air, and cried out loud enough for all to hear.  "Fine!  I don't fucking care anymore, go ahead and bankrupt me!"

Yaksha nodded happily, and then turned to the members of the bar, his voice carrying to the furthest corners of the room without any obvious effort.  "Any males still in this room after I get back from the bathroom will be eviscerated, garroted with their own intestines, and then forcefed them their liver.  Then I'll peirce your stomach and let the acids kill you if you haven't bled out by then."  He strode off in silence, a few members of the bar laughing nervously.

People began to rise and leave as quickly as possible, a few not even bothering to finish their drinks.  One man remained in the corner, seeming undeterred by the threat.  When Yaksha returned, he stared at the man in silence, watching him rise and stride towards him, poised to swing his bottle if he had to.  "No one tells me what to do in my bar, especially not some foreigner that thinks he owns the place."  He crouched forward, and breathed directly in the man's face.  "Get out or I'll-"

Yaksha reached up now, pulling his ear to his mouth silently.  He began to whisper into his ear, and the man's face began to grow steadily more pale.  Hs dropped the bottle on the ground, where it shattered, spraying alcohol everywhere.  The man seemed as if he'd seen some sort of monster, finally stuttering out, "You wouldn't."
"Oh, come on now!  If a person tells you they'll do something, especially someone like me...you can be sure they WILL."  The man strode for the door, shaking his head and muttering to himself quietly.  Finally, Yaksha turned to the women, and pointed a finger at them cheerfully.  "Enjoy the drink.  No one will be hitting on you tonight, ladies."  He gave a lascivious wink, and then turned.  "Unless you want them to, of course."

Anonymous

Mikaata jerked slightly and blinked down at the magical suddenly appearing bottle of booze. What the –? Turning around to look up and behind her she half glared, half scowled at the strange person. It was a man that got them into this mess, well... Mikaata turned to her older sister and glared at her too. Mostly a man. Stupid... Hinged legged woman. If only they squeaked, maybe someone would have noticed and taken care of it quietly.

"I am not." Mikaata hissed at her sister, grabbing the random bottle of booze, not caring if it was spiked with some drug or another and tipped it back, taking a guzzle. Slamming the bottle back down she glared her sister and made a face and shuddered. "Blegh." Hmph. Stupid, sister.

"I hate you." Mikaata sighed and pushed the bottle to the middle of the table and stretched her arms out, the sleeves bunching up to her elbows showing ragged complicated looking black tattoos that lined and curled around her arms to end at points on the tops of her hands. Looking over she pointed to the top of a hand, "This is your fault." She cleared her throat just when the room seemed to be very quiet. Hm.

Oh. No, not quiet. Mikaata turned in her seat to look at the corner, pah, the corner, and to watch a man skitter out like a little bunny. Grabbing the bottle again, she had it to her lips and another few mouthfuls down before the strange man pointed at them again. Leering at him, she blinked slowly and then rested her arm on the table and just took a breath. "Nope, can't say I want to be hit on. I want to get drunk so I can sleep in them crappy beds we have," Mikaata turned to her sister and just looked at her, "Well they are crappy."

"Why?" The younger of the two piped up before giving a quiet burp in which she blushed appropriately and said a quiet excuse me. "You don't really wanna flirt with us do you?" it would be seemingly correct if one was to assume that Mikaata didn't hold alcohol well.

Anonymous

Zaali was still staring moodily into her drink, scowling as she debated if it was worth tossing the rest of it back of not. Wouldn't get drunk on it anyway. Stupid alcohol tolerance. One drink would get her smug bitch of a sister drunk. But she would be lucky to get a little buzzed. Damn curves.

She started when suddenly there was a bottle smacked onto the table between her and Mikaata. She turned and started to scowl at the man, ready to tell him off. Which meant she wasn't able to stop her brain damaged sister from taking a drink from the strange bottle, "Mikaata! What's wrong with you! You weren't dropped that many times as a baby!"

Mikaata's next comment made Zaali go still, her expression going right through hurt and into cold, steady hate, "Shut up. Shut your stupid mouth. What would you have done, married to Neeal! You have no idea!"

She paused at the same time as Maakata, noticing that the room had gotten very empty. There was no one around, other then the man who had given them the weird booze. Which she had forgotten about.

Feeling a little uneasy, Zaali glanced over at her sister. It was probably time to go. She glared at the man, grabbing Mikaata's wrist, "Fuck off. We aren't sleeping with you. Stupid men. Come on Mikaata. Let's go."

She might not really like Mikaata much, but she wasn't going to leave her to get raped by some weirdo.

Anonymous

Yaksha seemed almost to sing his next words.  "If I wanted you to sleep with me, your sister would already be all over me.  First off, she drank my gift.  She's quite obviously fine."  He turned to Zaali, his eyes seeming to taunt her with their mysterious nature.  "Second off, I'm not exactly unhandsome, as you can see.  I don't particularly care if you want to sleep with me or not.  Unlike most men, I've realized that sex is not all that exists for a man and a woman."

He waved a hand vaguely, and his lips twitched upward into a smile.  "I'm a man of honor, and a man of my word.  If I was concerned with a woman's looks, I can assure you that I could have my pick of many others."  He took a long swig of his drink, before smiling nastily.  "You two aren't a real prize, and I honestly don't want to waste time chasing you into the bed.  Now, if you want a place to stay the night, or if you want to have a nice normal night together, I'd be happy to.  No sex involved."

Anonymous

Mikaata stuck her tongue out at her sister and blew a noisy wet raspberry at her before grumpily leaning on the table. "I wouldn't have married him." She leered at her sister then let out a drawn out "duuuh." leave her lips before she let her head flop backwards to look up at the strange man upside down. Her upper body was jerked to the side when her sister grabbed her wrist and she just stared upside down at the strange guy.

The girl wasn't as far gone as she was playing it off to be, but, her throat was burning and she felt a little woozy from the alcohol swashing around in her stomach. A distinct frown drew her lips down and she sat up slowly and stood up, taking the bottle of alcohol in her hand to unscrewing it with her tongue and mouth to spit it out to the side, her free hand resting against the back of the chair and she looked up at him.

Sure he wasn't unhandsome.

Wasn't hot, either.

Mikaata smiled at him and moved a hand from his shoulder down his chest, finger trailing over his chest and down his hip to dip her fingers into the tops of his pants, moving closer and putting the bottle between them. "Aw, that wasn't nice." Mikaatas hand dipped down further and grasped at flesh, moving her hand back to look up at him and smile, stretching upwards to press her chest against his and smile up at her with sleepy eyes and plush pink lips.

Her hand squeezed twice before the bottle of alcohol was turned upside down in the mans pants and quickly her own hand was pulled out and wiped off on his shirt and Mikaata smiled widely and gave him a thumbs up. "Don't fuck with me, Prick.. We didn't ask for your help and we don't want it. The drink was nice, thanks!" With a swish of her hips she grabbed at her sisters arm and tugged. "C'mon, we have to run away quickly before he realises his dick is drinking that booze."

Anonymous

Zaali fumed at the man, her hand clenching into a fist. How dare that son of a bitch talk to her like that. Mikaata might be a stupid brat but she wasn't some cheap whore. And the only thing saving the man from getting belted in the face was that....Mikaata was...acting like a cheap whore.

Gaping slightly at her sibling, Zaali watched with growing horror at what she was doing. Then gave a chocking laugh when the booze went down the mans pants.

"OH! GOD! Don't touch me with that hand!" Smacking her sisters tainted hand off her arm, Zaali followed, making sure to stamp her foot down hard on the mans foot as she left, "Learn better pickup lines asshole. One bottle of booze isn't going to get you laid."

Anonymous

A calm voice issued from behind them, the man holding the bottle once more in his hand as he peered at them, with a lopsided grin.  "I do beleive I told you I didn't want to get laid.  I mean...I DID tell you I don't care if you fuck me, didn't I?"  He cocked his head, and threw the bottle to the side.  "You two have spirit, and I respect that.  I don't want anything but a little company."  He seemed completely at ease and happy, and the stain on his pants seemed completely ignored in the circumstances.

He peered at Mikaata with a weary sigh.  "Can't a man be nice without simply wanting to fuck someone?  Can't I just want to be a gentleman?"  He seemed to reach into a coat pocket only he could see, pulling out a deck calmly.  "Perhaps you two would like to put yourselves in the hand of luck, instead of my own."  He began to shuffle as he spoke, his fingers nimbly cutting the deck.  "A single hand of poker.  I win, you have to at least humor me tonight.  You win, and I won't bother you again tonight."  He held out the deck to Mikaata, smiling warmly.  "Shuffle.  You can both play, if you so wish."