Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recruitment Opportunities Lie Within. (open)

Started by Anonymous, March 03, 2009, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Adamarcus was irritated, no scratch that, he was very irritated. So far all of his well thought out plans had fallen out from under him and now he found himself once again without any help. His mind went back to the...ah...argument he had had with his last second in command.

[center:rdxyy7rd]"What do you mean she's not there?" Adamarcus yelled, rising quickly from his seat.

The tiny man in front of him cowered down and threw his arms over his head. "I'm so sorry, sir. We did exactly what you said. We circled the inn when it turned dark and then we rushed in and slaughtered everyone. She wasn't there." The scared man was shivering in fright.

"She was suppose to be there! How could she not have been there?! You have failed me one too many times, Fenrick. Is there anything you would like to tell me that is in any way helpful?!" He asked, even more enraged.

Fenrick's eyes shone with a bit of hope, "Yes, master. There was one man who we questioned. He said that a beautiful woman in white had been there, but she had left unexpectedly heading towards the west."

At that answer Adamarcus' lips curled into an evil smile. "Well, thats more like it. At least it wasn't a total loss, but I'm afraid you have out worn your use to me. I believe it is time for someone new. You are free from my services and therefore free from my Mistresses." As he was saying this he held up his hand and a small ball of flame started forming. Fenrick was full out terrified now and was pleading 'No, please no, don't!' with Adamarcus. Of course the demogan did not listen to him. Instead he grew the fire ball until it was the perfect size and blasted it at the horrified man. Within seconds of blood curdling screams, Fenrick's body was a pile of dust and bones on the floor.
[/center:rdxyy7rd]

It had felt good doing it at the moment, but now he was starting to regret it. Not only had he slain Fenrick but every man that had been with him. So here he was, wasting precious time, trying to found more people to help him in his hunt. "Dyscadeus give me strength," he said to himself as he was sitting at a table in a dark corner of the tavern he was in. Zantaric was one of the best places to hire new workers. He always promised these people a reward, but what they didn't realize was their reward was to die and become on of his Mistresses personal servants in her realm. The fat tavern owner had been reluctant to let him do recruiting here, but enough money had persuaded him otherwise. Now all he had to do was wait for people to come inquiring about the position.

Anonymous

(OOC: Hope you don't mind if I join?)

Mal folded her arms across her flat chest and narrowed her eyes, fixed on the reflection of a beastly man.

He was bulky, the sort of man who could throw a girl like her across a room or two- also the sort of man that couldn't solve a children's puzzle. The brawlers never possessed the brains, so she usually found. She drew a deep breath and straightened like an inflating doll, leaning against a wooden support pillar of the tavern. Her dark eyes focused on the dim reflection of the man from an empty beer mug.

She hadn't bothered to change since she finished her last duty. Her white tunic draped bagily over her thin body, bound at the waist by a fraying red ribbon. Leather straps hugged her from many places- chest, waist, arms, and thighs- each hiding daggers of varying sizes. Only one of them still carried a faint red stain on its silver face.

Mal tilted her head curiously from beneath her headwrap, which disguised her extremely well as a delicate boy. Men often came here, searching for others to hire. Most often she found they were over petty arguments, wishing for the assassinations of neighbours or guards for the paranoid. Normally, she wouldn't even consider the offer. But now that she was off duty, she was intruiged. This man, from his peculiar eyes to the scales that pecked his cheeks, was different. Glancing at her own reflection to ensure that the scarf over her head revealed only her eyes, Mal pushed herself off of the wooden pillar and turned to head her way toward the man.

She passed smoothly and quickly across the tavern floor, stopping before the table. She placed both palms firmly on the desk and leaned forward. "What's the deal?" she said shortly. If this was over another petty squabble, she was going straight back to her master for a harder mission.

Anonymous

Adamarcus had been about ready to give up on this awful little inn. Then finally one person approached him. A woman in a tattered white tunic that to untrained eyes would appear to be a very small boy, but he was a bit more experienced than that. He knew to look beneath the clothes, the way this woman carried herself spoke of her femininity. He looked her over good once, she sure didn't have the strength that he was looking for, but she might be fast and silent enough to suit his plans.

Adamarcus gave her a slow, sickly smile and gestured to the seat in front of him. "Please have a seat, m'dear and we'll discuss business." His reptile eyes shone with malice for a moment. Malice not towards her, but because of what he was about to inform her of. "Just a fair warning to you before you have your heart set on working for me. This isn't one of your run of the mill hits. What I am needing people is very dangerous and of the up most importance. More than half of the people I'll hire will more than likely die. Some by my own hand. The reward is wonderful though and quite worth the risk if you ask me. If you are still interested I shall proceed to tell you what it is I am needing help with." His voice was laced with silver though the pretty way he said it could not have been enough hide how evil his intentions really were.

He folded his hands and placed them in front of his face. His cold eyes stared at the woman in front of him. Those eyes had seen a realm in which a thousand souls were doomed to torture and servitude, but from just the look of him he only appeared to be a little more extraordinary than your regular criminal. 'Perhaps you have intervened my Dark Mistress and this one will be worthy of your cause.' Adamarcus thought to himself.

Anonymous

At the burly man's request, Mal sat in a rickety chair opposite him, perching rigidly on the edge of the seat.

She did not like the way he stared at her, with his intense eyes. It made her feel naked, as though she had not one secret to hide against his impenetrable wall of secrets. She forced herself still, not to flinch or squirm under his focused gaze. Instead, she stared back- hard- at him with her dark eyes. They seemed to absorb the light around them and twist it into the dark.

At the man's proposition, a smile grew on her thin lips, invisible behind the stretch of mask. Her intuition had served her well- here was a job she could finally be useful for, as long as the man wasn't exaggerating. By the look of rage and focus in his eyes, she suspected he wasn't. Still, something felt wrong about the mission and about this man.

He was a man she could classify as a freak, but might snap her neck without hesitation for it. He could take lives with limitless ease- and he said that quite plainly. But there was something else. Something much more malevolent that hovered over his shoulder like a lustful whore, pumping every breath from his lips into an enticing sentence that begged for the appropriate response from Mal. She felt this power, this puppeteer, and couldn't resist but marvel at the words and promises it encouraged through the man. She felt immediately inclined to accept his proposition.

Not to mention the reward.. She needed no money nor treasures; her life was one without possession and without rest. Whether he offered her a castle or a chest of crowns, she would likely decline. It was not her lifestyle. However, something in his voice- and again, of what, she was unsure- told Mal otherwise, that she had no need to worry. He would provide her something that no one else could. It was that mystery, that thrill of unknowing, which pulled her closer.

Nurturing her curiousity, Mal lay each elbow on its respective armrest and clasped her hands infront of her, leaning closer to feed the man's ears her quiet voice over the roar of the tavern.

"I assure you, it is not in my place to put my life before duty," she said smoothly. That was a lie; she owed her life only to herself and to her master. Otherwise, no man or mission related could be worth her own skin. She continued without hesitation, her face and body showing no sign of the lie. "I am more experienced that any drunk in this tavern, or any soldier in this settlement- and moreso, my word is the one you can trust." Well, not exactly. She had already lied once. "Please. Continue the details."

Anonymous

Adamarcus could tell he was making this girl nervous. Good, at least she had an understanding of who was the one in charge here. The last thing he needed was to have someone working for him that thought they were above him. He leaned back in his chair, his smile grew a bit at her words to proceed. She needed refinement to truly become one of Dyscadeus' children, but perhaps that would come later. For now he just needed the help.

"Maybe later on you will change your mind about that. Seems the longer a person works for me the more important the job becomes to them." He commented about her not putting her life before a job. "Anyways I digress. I was going to tell you what the job is." He was purposely teasing her by not giving her the information right away. He was testing to see how well her patience was. "This isn't a week or even a one month job. This could take as long as a year even." He paused again to let this fact settle in. Doing that moment he took the time to wonder why she wore a mask and just an odd outfit.

"I am hunting down a woman. A woman who only goes by the name of Ghost. She is almost pure white in color and has some unique abilities." He explained to her. "I'm sure you are thinking that this does not sound like such a hard job and if it was any other woman it would not be. This woman," here he snarled the word woman, "is protected by her god and so is nigh impossible to find." Bile was rising in his throat to even elude to Anaisyn the enemy of his goddess. "So you see my problem. Even with the powers granted to me by Dyscadeus it is still very hard to find one woman who is back by the full powers of Anaisyn." He had to stopped for a moment and breathe, just thinking of this woman that he had hunted down for so many years made him want to spit fire.

When he felt a little more calm he smiled again. "This is where you come in. Ghost does not remember that I am after her. She had an...unfortunate accident and has completely forgotten about me and ours god's constant war with each other. Hell, she hardly even remembered she worshiped her god. It's a pity she didn't otherwise this whole thing would have been over with and Dyscadeus could have all ready had her realm by now. So I need you to be my eyes and ears. Go where I tell you to go to search for this woman in white. Once you find her you are to tell me at once. You are not to kill her yourself. I must be the one to slit her flithy throat."

"I hope I have not bored you so far with this." He said though he didn't really care what she was thinking. "I would just go after her myself, but thanks to that ass hole god of hers he keeps her from me. She could be sitting in this very room and I would not be able to see her. This is why I am hiring. If you are interested the position is yours. The reward that I mentioned is not a something you can own. The reward is giving my mistress personally. Something not many can claim has happened to them."

Anonymous

Mal watched the man as he spoke with brooding eyes, her eyebrows hanging low in concentration, storing every word and every syllable the man spoke into her mind. She would recall it instantly with near-perfect recollection whenever she was required to do so. It was a skill she had gained over years of studying people, watching as lies and honest expressions flashed over faces. A person bearing her job was unwise to carry parchments of information- everything she knew had to be kept in her mind, stored in a seemingly never-ending vault.

The idea of this job opportunity taking at least a year was daunting, but not impossible. She had spent half a year once learning every habit of a lord near Ketra, knowing his day schedule better than any of his assistants could recollect. By the end of the winter months, she had slipped into his estate through a grimy kitchen drain, glided noiselessly through rooms and on ceilings, and stabbed the man from behind in his study- just as his guards left to fetch the meal that took precisely one minute and fourty-three seconds to return with. Another meal that Mal had forced to go cold.

The target sounded interesting. Why this man had such a vendetta against this seemingly magical girl, she did not know nor care. It was the fact that she was protected by a god, by Anaisyn, that intruiged her. It was the same god that her master opposed and turned his back upon so many years ago. The mysterious master had confided few things with Mal, this being one of them. She was sure it would please him to see such a mighty servant of Anaisyn to fall, and gain his favour. She relaxed, feeling pulled stronger toward this mission. It was too perfect.

But the reward.. what was the man saying? He clearly believed in the gods and their strength. Perhaps this gift was not material, but spiritual? She already had a unique gift, but another one would not be unwelcomed. Unless it was- whatever had been bestowed upon this beastly man. She was not fond of the sharp scales that hugged his cheeks or the slitted eyes that pierced her soul so deeply.

Mal answered without moving, her body stiff but calm. "Bored me? Certainly not. I am most interested in your quest. And I promise you I can be of more assistance in such a task than a great number of people in this city alone." She paused, thinking clearly of her final decision, and then continued.

"What would you have of me?"

Anonymous

Adamarcus watched as the girl processed everything he had just told her. He could tell she was intrigued by his proposal. This was a good sign and the fact that she did not flinch at the mention of gods being involved was a very good sign indeed. 'Finally.' He said to himself. "Good, very good. I believe that Dyscadeus my have blessed me by sending you. Your task will be a relatively simple one. All you have to do is find her and tell me where she is. Keep her in your sights until I get there. Then when I arrive you will capture her and bring her to me. The redundant thing is I still won't be able to see her at first." The annoyance of Anaisyn was very great, but even though he would not be able to see her, he'd still be able to feel her.

"Then I will perform the ritual that will break Anaisyn's blessing over her and she will finally be revealed to me once more. It's been years since I have seen her pure, disgusting face. After she is revealed to me I will torture her in front of all so they will know the Dyscadeus is more powerful than Anaisyn." He explained to her. He had gone to Dyscadeus' realm himself to learn the ritual he'd have to perform. He was telling the truth about the torture, he wanted to torture her more than ever. But a part of him wanted to do more to her, something more carnal and animal in nature. He'd been chasing her for so many years and for the biggest part of that he was able to see her. Ghost and her pure white form always teasing in the very seductive outfit she wore. Yes, some how in this twisted game they had began he had started to want her. To be able to claim all of her, to have his way with her.

Was he sick for it? Yes, but it wasn't as if he was sane on all other levels either. "So, may I have a name to call you by? Or will it just be 'Shrouded Woman'." He asked. "Now, I bet you are wondering how on earth you are to keep in touch with me as you are roaming the world searching for her. Well, it's quite simple. I must take you to my mistress' realm. There she will cast a spell on us that will allow you to speak to me from half way round the world. I do not possess such a gift other wise I would not bother her with such a petty thing."

Anonymous

So he knew she was a woman. She couldn't complain; his eyes were too sharp and she hadn't bothered to wear anything that made her more masculine. Not that it mattered. At least he wasn't discriminating, rejecting her just because of her breasts.

As the man continued talking, she felt a growing feeling of disgust and unease at his words. This was a man of pure vile hatred. While Mal herself wasn't the most saintly individual, she at least had a sense of morales. She also believed in a quick and painless death, for all her assassinations. Having suffered enough torture to last her a lifetime, she wasn't keen on seeing anyone else treated as such. But then again, it was a girl she did not know, and wouldn't have to know. This was an abduction mission, pure and simple, with a reward that sounded as though it might outweigh her morales.

Once he stopped talking, Mal decided to drop her cover and take this job out front. "Call me Mal," she said shortly, her eyes still reflecting a small amount of fury at her employer's obvious lust for his target. She sighed finally, and straightened, dropping her hands to her lap.

"Whatever you must do, do it now, before I am called away on something else." Though it was unlikely the master had another mission for her already. "This gift you speak of.. I trust it will keep you from reading my private thoughts?" She didn't trust him.

Anonymous

Adamarcus got a very evil smile on his face. Not for what was in store for Mal. If she did her job she would truly gain a wonderful reward out of this. The evil smile was because he truly thought that this time he was going to get Ghost. "Very good, Mal it is then. You can call me Adamarcus. Do not worry your private thoughts will be your own. The spell only allows us to speak to each other when we wish. I can no more read your thoughts as you could read mine. Now come with me. We must take a little trip." He said as he stood up and was even nice enough to offer her a hand to help her up.

(Instead of actually moving the thread to the other realms section I'm just going to do it here since they won't be there long. If you'd rather it moved just let me know.XD)

He then led her to one of the back rooms away from the eyes of the other bar patrons. "This will feel very disorienting." He said as he pulled out a medallion with odd ruins on it. He said a couple of words and the medallion began to glow. Within a minute the light grew until in enveloped both of them. It felt as if they were sling shot through time and space itself. As soon as the light faded, hot stinking air flowed about them.

The realm of Dyscadeus was very dark and red. It was hard to discern the sky from the ground and no sun shone in the sky. Before them was a large cave entrance that looked very foreboding. "This way." He said very straight forward. The look on his face could have been taken for one of fear. Indeed he was scared. His mistress was a very powerful entity and not one to mess with. They walked into the cavern and immediately heard a loud hiss.

'Why have you come, Adamarcus?' Dyscadeus asked of her servant. She was seated in a throne made of the bones of various animals. She was a very beautiful woman with black hair, dark skin, and red eyes.

Adamarcus took a knee. "My mistress. I have found a person that will be worthy for our cause. I humbly ask that you cast upon us the spell of telepathy. So I will be able to do you will."

'Yes, she does seem worthy. You may have your wish, my son. Do right by me Adamarcus or I shall make you wish you were never born.' Dyscadeus said. The way she moved and talked proved exactly how evil she really was. Every word from her lips were as poison and the vibe from her told of how she had no problem doing the most vile of acts. She got down off her throne and walked up to the two of them. She didn't say a word or even really moved a hand, but a dark light ventured from her finger to the two of them. The spell was complete. She then stepped in front Mal then and smile seductively.'I like you my child. I'm sure my servant has told her that I will grant you a reward after our task is complete, but I believe you will make the completion of our goal possible. So I feel generous and will grant you a small reward now. What is it you would have of me? Ask and if it is reasonable it will be done.'

Anonymous

Mal watched as events unfolded around her, like leaves blown about in the storm, without control or power of will. She knew how a ragdoll felt now, as her body and mind were catapulted through time and space, landing in the wretched dimension before she had time to catch a breath.

She truly wished she had taken a deep breath before they reappeared in this place; the first thing she noticed was the smell. It was filled with the rot of corpses, the sting of tears, and the peircing agony of screams. A black misery overflowed within Mal, painful and frightening. She felt like a small child, lost in a foreign and confusing world. Breathing through her mouth was not much better- she could taste ash- but it helped somewhat. Trying to slow her racing heart, she followed this man, Adamarcus, into the monstrous mouth of the austere cave.

The woman was everything evil and every sin that Mal had ever seen; lust, greed, and hatred solidified into one woman. She held back a soft moan at the pain that her appearance sent. As she did so, Adamarcus kneeled, though Mal did not, afraid that the ground might swallow her whole. No, she was fine on her two feet.

Then her fear came true, as a thin sliver of darkness poured from Dyscadeus' finger, burying itself into Mal's skin with an eerie cold sensation. She began to regret what she had done. She was messing about with pure evil here, and who knew what the repercussions might be? Still, she felt her mind open as her mouth might. She could speak with Adamarcus comfortably in her mind, and it was an impressive gift.

An early reward, now? Mal's face hardened, thinking. Surely, a gift that would compliment her quest would satisfy Dyscadeus? Feeling obligated to be polite, Mal bowed her head respectfully before the she-god before speaking.

"O great goddess. Perhaps a reward that might aid me in my quest for you might prove most beneficial? A steed I could greatly use in speeding my journey. One that travels by air and is no stranger to combat. A swift and powerful beast, should you see fitting to bestow one upon me." Images of great dragons dark as night, and flaming birds sprouted to her mind, thinking of the fantastical sensation of soaring through the sky. Yes.. that would do quite nicely.

Anonymous

Dyscadeus smiled wickedly and looked down at Adamarcus. 'You have chosen wisely indeed my pet. Mal will be most beneficial to you. And she is wise to ask for something that is not only for her benefit but my own. You shall have your reward, my child.' She leaned forward and planted a light kiss on Mal's forehead. A bit of smoke rose from the skin where her lips had touched the assassin, though it did not burn the girl nor was it hot.

She then stepped back and began to wave her hands about and speak in a strange infernal tongue. In the center of the room a black cloud of an ink substance began to swirl. It made the air in the room whip around like the wind in a storm and the smell of brimstone became even more evident. From the inky black cloud flashes of what appeared to be fire sprouted forth. Then the sound of thunder echoed through the room and bright flashes of lightning blinded the onlookers. A terrible noise could be heard, the sound of a thousand souls being eternally tortured and in the wall of blackness faces of misery and despair could be seen. They screamed with their never ended agony as they swirled around in the black fog.

Finally after the nightmarish show was over with a horrible and equally wonderful creature stood in the middle of the room. Equine in form it resembled more of a dragon than a horse. It had the head of a horse, but the body of a dragon. It was pitch black, but it's hide moved like the ink cloud had. It's mane was blood red that swirled about like flames. It had the tail of a dragon with a wicked looking spear tip on it. He's wings were that of a dragons. The front legs resembled a horses legs and the back were those of a dragons. It has deep red dragon eyes and it's bottom jaw was skeletal. It reared up and let out a very intimidating scream a bit of flame of came from it's mouth.

'What do you think? Do not worry, he will not look so frightening to others. To them he'll will appear as only a black horse with feathered wings, but when you need his full power all you need do is ask. He is will loyal to you and only you, obeying you over me even and he will not let harm befall you. His name is Fael-Karmac, it means Dark Gift. Enjoy him for you deserve him.' Dyscadeus said as the demon horse walked over to his new master and bowed to her.

"You are most generous my mistress." Adamarcus said in a respectful tone. He has gotten to his feet doing that whole scene. "We will leave you now, my mistress unless there is something you wish of us."

'You may leave. I have grown tired of you and you need to be doing what I told you to, my pet. Do not be so long in coming back again Adamarcus. I do so miss you when you're gone.' She said a sly smile creeping across her face as she appeared close to Adamarcus. She ran one finger down the length of his chest, then she pulled him towards her by his belt and kissed him. Theirs was a strange relationship for certain.

"We will leave you then, Dyscadeus." He said as he started turning to leave the cave. He seemed very shook up after that kiss. "Come now Mal we must go."

Anonymous

Mal watched the creature grow from nothing, trying to push the sounds of the suffering from her mind that echoed so horribly, like metal claws ripping through her chest. She was suprised when she found that she adored the beast moreso than it frightened her. It bore a strange elegant, half horse, half dragon, both lit in flames and dampened with shadow. She felt awe as the creature bowed to her in utmost respect and knew instantly that this was a steed who would follow her, through thick and thin.

Dyscadeus's next action both startled and embarrassed her; as she kissed her 'pet', Adamarcus, Mal glanced away in awkward silence. She finally understood why he followed this woman's rule so devoutly. As the two parted lips and parted ways, Mal cast a final glance at the malevolent goddess before following her employer.

Mal joined Adamarcus at his side, falling in line with his footsteps. Fael-Karmac followed obediantly on her other side, head bowed silently. Curious, Mal rose a hand to the creature's neck and stroked it gently. Its mane felt like a rush of cool wind rather than fire, its smokey skin smooth. It flicked its tail contently and nudged her shoulder with its bony muzzle. A smile tugged slightly at the corner of her lips.

As they continued back down the tunnel of the cave, Mal kept a hand resting on Fael-Karmac and stayed her eyes toward the end of this oppressive tunnel. She hesitated before speaking again.

"..An interesting master you have there," she said, her tone somewhat skewed. Unsure of what she had pulled herself into, she fell back into silence.

Anonymous

Adamarcus' mind was both rushing as fast as light and was as empty as space. He always left this realm feeling this way, but he hadn't gotten use to it yet. Adamarcus was by no means Dyscadeus' only servant. She had many more, but he was the most powerful of the followers and as far as he knew the only one that their goddess demanded other services from other than doing her jobs. The man in him didn't mind, but the part of him that still remained a human with morals did. For some reason though he could never say no to her and he would never be able to leave her.

The two of them walked down the abyssal hallway in silence. The sound of the monstrous steed's hooves and claws against the rock was the only noise to be heard. Then Mal broke the silence. "She is much more than interesting, she is dangerous and very powerful. Understand that as powerful of a gift as she has granted you with, that is a mere trifle to her. I've seen of the truly powerful creatures she has made and they are nothing to be reckon with." He informed her, knowing full well that he was one of those creatures.

The existed the cave back into the red barren waste land that was Dyscadeus' realm. Adamarcus looked out over everything and realized that if he and Mal were successful then Dyscadeus' realm would grow larger and encompass Anaisyn's as well. This was what the goddess wanted of course. For if she controlled both realms then it would give her the power to be able to leave the realms and go to the material world where she could really do some damage. "Let us be off." He said as he took out the medallion again and repeated the words he had used before. After another thrilling ride they were back in Zantaric, but outside of the tavern so Fael-Karmac had a place to fit.

Anonymous

Adamarcus' mind was both rushing as fast as light and was as empty as space. He always left this realm feeling this way, but he hadn't gotten use to it yet. Adamarcus was by no means Dyscadeus' only servant. She had many more, but he was the most powerful of the followers and as far as he knew the only one that their goddess demanded other services from other than doing her jobs. The man in him didn't mind, but the part of him that still remained a human with morals did. For some reason though he could never say no to her and he would never be able to leave her.

The two of them walked down the abyssal hallway in silence. The sound of the monstrous steed's hooves and claws against the rock was the only noise to be heard. Then Mal broke the silence. "She is much more than interesting, she is dangerous and very powerful. Understand that as powerful of a gift as she has granted you with, that is a mere trifle to her. I've seen of the truly powerful creatures she has made and they are nothing to be reckon with." He informed her, knowing full well that he was one of those creatures.

The existed the cave back into the red barren waste land that was Dyscadeus' realm. Adamarcus looked out over everything and realized that if he and Mal were successful then Dyscadeus' realm would grow larger and encompass Anaisyn's as well. This was what the goddess wanted of course. For if she controlled both realms then it would give her the power to be able to leave the realms and go to the material world where she could really do some damage. "Let us be off." He said as he took out the medallion again and repeated the words he had used before. After another thrilling ride they were back in Zantaric, but outside of the city where there were no people to see them return and Fael-Karmac would have a place to fit.

Anonymous

As they arrived back in Zantaric, Mal leaned over, propping herself upon her knees so that she didn't fall over or collapse. She felt sick from the sudden transition, but tried hard not to allow the contents of her stomach to be free. Raising a shaky hand, she pulled the scarf around her mouth downward, drawing a deep breath of cool air. She suddenly appreciated the aroma of animal manure and decaying flowers that surrounded her.

After a brief pause to recollect herself, she stood and tucked the white scarf back around her delicate lips, inhaling her own personal scent. She could feel Fael-Karmac's heavy breath against her back, and she turned around to face her two companions, setting a firm expression upon her face.

She noticed a strange similarity between the demon steed and the demon man. They were noticably from the same creator, both designed for their own purpose, whether it be speed or strength. Only Adamarcus filled her with a stronger sense of dislike and fear. She managed to hide it well, though, and spoke in a smooth voice.

"I'm sure this will be.. an interesting job, to say the least." With a gloved hand she stroked Fael-Karmac's muzzle. He nudged her hand in reply. "Where will you have me start? Surely you must have some idea where the target is, or where she is heading?" It could take Mal several months longer to find this girl without any trail at all. She would be left only with gossip and rumours through various cities to lead her to the ultimate goal.

"Or perhaps your goddess can sense her whereabouts?" She paused, before adding, "Do you have a picture or something visual of her I could see?"

Anonymous

Adamarcus could not fault the assassin her moment of weakness. He too knew how hard it was to get adjusted to traveling that way. Normally though he disdained and on some accounts punished just acts of weakness. He looked about him to take in how very different this world was from his mistress'.

He smiled wickedly at her. "It will be very interesting indeed, for you may be a big part of my mistress finally obtaining what she deserves. As far as where to start," he shrugged his shoulders, "Ghost does not remain in one place for long and as for Dyscadeus seeing her. Well Anaisyn will not allow her to see his most precious of children." He explained to her. If Dyscadeus could see her then he wouldn't still be hunting for her, she'd be dead already.

"I suggest you check in the more warmer areas. Ghost does not like the cold and would not go there unless absolutely needed. As for what she looks like you can't miss her. She is a woman dressed in a white toga, with white hair, pale skin and purple eyes. She can take different shapes. One is a mermaid with a white fin, one is big white feline with purple eyes, and the last is a white bird of prey with purple markings. So any form she is in it's pretty easy to spot her."

Anonymous

Mal felt somewhat relieved at this. Not only would she be able to work in a comfortable environment, but her target was so painstakingly recognizable, it couldn't take too long to find the woman's trail. Granted, if she could take these forms of animals, her travel could be increased tenfold than were she memrely on foot... But she was confident in Fael-Karmac. The pet of a demon goddess was not likely to be slow and lazy.

She smiled secretly from behind her cloth mask, pondering Adamarcus's situation. "It must be painful, knowing that the one thing you need most must be hidden from sight." She bowed to him; if she wanted this man to reward her, not waste her, then she would need to possess his respect. She must remain on his good side, if he had one. "I will be your eyes and your ears. I will not fail you." As she straightened, her dark eyes kept a firm gaze on the strange man, blocking any possible sign of fear or weakness that she might have.

Casting a glance toward the city of Zantaric behind them, Mal felt that now, as the growing darkness was turning victorious in its battle for domination of the night, would be as good a time as any to begin her hunt. Though Fael-Karmac would be disguised as a beautiful black winged horse instead of the slight monstrousity that he was, the night would disguise them best in travel, rendering them almost invisible. When the sun arose next, she would begin her questioning- and she knew just where to start.

"Well, then?" She rest her hand upon Fael-Karmac's back. "Should I leave your sight now and begin the search? Or is there more you wish of me?" Mal hoped they were finished. She'd had enough of this man and his devilish looks.

Anonymous

Adamarcus absently rubbed Mal's nightmarish steed's neck as he stared off into nothing. Thinking of everything and nothing at the same time. He was getting old, he felt though he did not show it. He would be so happy when all of this was behind him and he could rule by his mistress' side as her right hand commander. That was still a bit away in the future, but he still hoped for it to come sooner.

He barely heard Mal talking to him, but he was able to catch the last couple words that she said. "Yes, you are to leave at once." He answered in an emotionless voice. "Waste no time and do not be side tracked by anything else. Even if someone offers you a job that seems far more prosperous or must more easy. You are bound to this task now and you will only be released when it is completed." He said, being slightly intimidating. In truth is she decided to run from this job the only thing he could do was try and kill her, nothing else. He stepped near here and gave her the same kiss on the forehead as Dyscadeus had done. Then he started walking off back into town.

(sorry short. would you like to keep going here or start a new thread?)