Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

[I'M STILL OPEN!!!] Embrace the darkness...

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2009, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Love swirling castles, hopeless romance, the moonlit wilderness?

If gothic is your thing then replai replai replai!!

I'm back from hiatus and looking for something dark and delicious...think vampires, swooning damsels, crumbling mansions and epicness of ridiculous proportions!

I totally fell in :heart: with these two RPs I did from a few years back:

viewtopic.php?t=3399
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=3449

...and would love it if I could do another one, capturing the same kind of atmosphere.

As for characters and plots? I don't have anything specific in mind, am happy to create new characters, am happy with playing M-rated plots, don't mind how many people join in...so I'm completely open to discussion! :D

Anonymous

Hhhmm.... I sense another reincarnation of my alignment-conflicted, half-fiend character crouching in the wings... So what say you? Think a female part-demon trying to forget her heritage would fit in somewhere? I'd imagine she and a vampire would have a lot to talk about (or at the very least the vampire would get one heck of a surprise when he went for the kill).

Lion

*breathless gasp*

Omg! I almost died of a heart attack.  My hands are shaking, I'm so excited.  ^_^
Sorry there *attempts to recover* but I've waited for a long time for an opportunity like this.

I've read through the first couple pages of those threads and have wanted to do something like that with you for quite a while.  We could start over on our thread with Dietrich and Juliette (since Mdu is pretty much gone now).

The truth is I've wanted to flesh out Dietrich's story for so long that I've kept his inspiration burning like a swell of anger at bay.  His main storyline goes as such:  He starts out this abrasive, angry, Nazi-like, hateful vampire who meets another (vampire, human, etc.) with whom he slowly falls in love with (his characteristics changing as well: he's definitely a lot less stressed out about how much he hates having to do things for his 'master' Cronus and his hate for Cronus in general.)  Through out all this, he performs a series of tasks for Cronus and later uncovers a plot against him.  I don't want to reveal too much but, as might be expected, there's a grand finale.

The main idea though is having Dietrich find some sort of peace in his existence, something that he can finally be happy with and finally get away from all the trouble that brought him to be confined in his own hell.  His character is meant to be in an M-rated plot line, considering who he is and all (he's my grown up vampire ;)).

I would propose doing an original romance thread with him and a character of your choosing/creation.  Maybe Juliette could fit that role; he could teach her 'how' to be a vampire or maybe you'd like to create a new character (say a human perhaps, which I think would be VERY interesting to see *hint hint*) who is able to put up with him (he can be rather sweet when he wants to be).

What d'ya say?

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Yay, I gots me two potential plots!

ecyor0: I think we can work with that idea! I'm gonna leave this ad open for a bit longer to see if anyone else takes the bait, but I don't mind beginning a discussion of details. Shall I bring my Damien character back in then?

Lion: Gah, what happened to Mdu?! All I saw when I came back were a few angry posts on SotE and RotE! :S Anyway, so are we gonna abandon the thread with Daemora then? Oh, it would be thrilling to write a human who gets seduced...but tbh, I can't see Dietrich as the playboy type... ;) Hehe, but yeah, my imagination can work this baby...

Lion

Only if you want to.  I'll just say she was an old 'friend' of his.
And as for the playboy thing....  Well, let me just say that you should see Dietrich when he's in a position of power.  When he's comfortable around someone, he's not so abrasive (though I can't say he's not as malicious).  He probably would take joy in being able to seduce a human and he'll most likely consider it as a feat of his power (remember, he likes power).

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Okies, seeing as no one else has replaid, I'll do a thread with Lion and a thread with ecyor0 then.

Lion: Shall I do Juliette, but as a human before she got turned? All she remembers about her human life is that she lived in a cottage by the woods, and was abducted for a month before being turned and dumped some place else. Perhaps...I dunno, they met and had something going but a rival of Dietrich's intervened and screwed up her mind just to spite Dietrich? If you have any other ideas, shout!

ecyor0: I think I'll create another vampire dude ~ this is off the top of my head, but I'm thinking of a guy who has awoken from a hundred year sleep, and who is musically gifted. Maybe your character stumbled into his castle or found an old book somewhere and read out some words by accident that happened to break the spell placed on him? Personality-wise, he'll be quite bitter about the spell placed upon him, and will be kinda unbalanced for a while...

Lion

That could work.  Dietrich would have a lot of rivals but considering the light they put him in, very few of them would have the guts (or foolhardiness) to want to spite him; they wouldn't want to be the ones to experience his vengeance.

But maybe we can weave this concept into something I had in mind.  What I thought we could do was have your character (preferably a new creation) meet Dietrich at some place public (maybe like a town ball or festival or something in that fashion) and he's going to see her and being semi-interested in her (probably based on her looks).  They could meet in a Romeo & Juliet-esque kind of way: getting together for a moment (ie. dancing/chatting) then parting ways.  He's strangely finds himself constantly thinking of her and, in an effort to help consolidate his power, he makes efforts to seduce her with promises of dark desire.

All the while, to add to the drama, the girl has another guy on her arm who, as might be suspected, gets all riled up and jealous and makes attempts to make trouble with Dietrich (that's where the rival part comes in).  Another possibility is that a rival of Dietrich shows up at the same public place and tries to win the girl over just to spite him, using cunning and subterfuge, lies and deceit.

Just some ideas I thought I'd throw out there.  I don't think the Juliette thing would work too much since he had to ask her name in the Slave thread.  He would have remembered her (since it's hard for him to forget anything if it's prominent enough).

But unless you'd rather try doing something with Juliette and Dietrich that's fine too.  Let me know if you have some more ideas.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Sounds workable - Egrinain would be a little uncertain how to react and her own tendency towards suspicion will be completely thrown off - hard to second-guess someones motives when it's impossible to even first-guess them.

Will also give me opportunity to practice doing proper self-examing-type RP's :D

Anonymous

OMG...I'm so sorry I forgot all about this!!! Exam revision completely got on top of me!!!

>.<

Oh man...if you guys are still alive, I send my deepest apologies...I actually have the posts half finished on my PC too... :/

Lion

Muahaha!  Lion laughs at death!

Yup I'm still around.  Welcome back Nightshade (for the time).  And I'll be waiting patiently. ^^

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Is it too late to get in on this? I have a dark character, Nymur'ss my necromancer, that for some reason I'd love for him to get into some kind of...romance. I guess that's what I'm looking for. Really he's a very emotionally scared man who needs healing of some kind before he let's his power take control of him and eventually kill him. I'm willing to take him anywhere on earth, he doesn't have to stay in Necromancia.

Just FYI, I'm not against doing M threads either if you would happen to want to go that way. I'm very flexible.

Anonymous

Hi,

I keep on forgetting to let your guys know, but my end of year exams are coming up and if I don't pass them then I get kicked out, so I'm not gonna be free until halfway through next month. This means that all of my threads here are gonna have to be suspended until then, and I'm hoping that you guys will still be around/still be interested in starting/continuing them when I get back.

Until then, take care!

Nightshade x

Lion

No worries, Nightshade.  I'll still be around then.  And I'm sure this proposition is still open Cleoni.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Of course it is! :)

I am always on the lookout for new people to RP with...although not at this moment in time...for the next so and so days, I will be a lurker if that is OK with everyone!

Anonymous

Yeah, I'm still open for it. Just yell at me if you want to rp. ^_^

Anonymous

Ooh, if its still open, i'd be interested in joining Aeris or Kain in it. I'll be here in like... three months time, so hehe ^^
Yeah, give me  yell when you start, ^^

Anonymous

Ooh, you're still alive! Goody goody.... Well, just letting you know I'm still alive too, and good luck with your exams *is in a similar boat*

Lion

Yeah, I'm still hanging around. I await the return of the mighty Nightshade!

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Lion

Wow, you're finally back.  It's about damn time. xD

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn