Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ouch! That hurts! (Countess)

Started by Anonymous, May 07, 2009, 07:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The ship was silent as she sat anchored in the shallow waters off one of the islands belonging to the Necromancia Isles. It was a very dark night, not one for sailing for the off chance that they would hit something. The moon wasn't even daring to show his face on this night, so the stars didn't come out either. It was hard to see in the blinding darkness, so Fox, out on his late night patrols was being very careful where he was walking.

Fox thought he was being very careful, but apparently he wasn't careful enough. One moment he was walking along slowly and the next he was falling forward onto his face. He didn't know what had tripped him, nor would he ever know probably. What he was sure off was the nice gash that was making itself quite known on his forearm. "Son of a bitch!" Fox yelled out loud. He got himself to his feet and tried to get a look at his arm. He couldn't see much, but he could feel the blood starting to drip down his arm. He moved over to a lantern to see better. The cut was pretty deep and was probably about four inches long. "Dammit, what the hell, I can't believe this..." He said, more or less just muttering to himself.

Well there was no way he could let this wound go unattended. He'd have to pay a visit to the ship doctor. Which honestly he didn't mind doing in the least. He hoped that Kotyk would be in bed at this hour so he could be with Calira alone for once. Not that they were secret lovers or anything, but Fox did have the biggest crush on the woman. Of course if her brother ever found out he'd gut him alive, good friends or not. As he made his way to the infirmary he pondered what he would say to Calira as she worked on him. Once outside her door he paused for a moment, nervous to go in. He find that odd considering he was a grown man. Finally he had enough nerve to knock on the door, hopefully he wasn't waking her up.

Anonymous

Calira sat on her bed, watching her older brother pace. He was a little apprehensive about the vote that had been made earlier. He always got this way. Her legs were drawn up to her chest, her arms wrapped around them. She was wearing her sleeping attire, which consisted of a loose weave top, no sleeves, and a pair of pants. Both a creamy brown so they wouldn't be so easy to stain. Things on a pirate ship usually ended up that way somehow, but at least it wouldn't look so bad on the already faded color. Her brother wore his customary pants and netted top.

"It doesn't matter, Kotyk. Jack will make the call, and we'll just go along with it." The voice of logic, as always.

He scoffed, about to say something rather endearing but probably insulting in the same breath... when there was a knock on the door. Shooting his sister a look that let her know he wasn't about to let the matter drop so easily, he tugged the door open with the intent to spit vipers at who ever it was.

Except it was Fox. Which earned him a grudging, "Evenin'," from his friend. Strike tended to be a little more mellow, at least when it came to his anger and Fox. A clear sign of his trust was that Strike just stepped to the side, admitting his friend to the room without the customary hiss of 'what do you want' when someone came knocking on Calira's door. And while Kotyk missed the wound, his sister did not.

Calira slid from her bed, frowning a little. "What happened?" she asked, moving over and claiming the appendate to look at it.

Kotyk crossed his arms, frowning at her. "Fox, tell mah daft sister here tha' she needs ta' learn how ta' fight."

Calira seemed to be ignoring her brother as she moved to her dresser, pulling out some pure alcohol. Better to get rid of the germs. She could heal it, but not burn infection.

Anonymous

Fox was expecting Calira to come to the door, probably sleepy and in her night attire. Well at least that was what Fox was hoping, but instead the door got opened by a none too cheerful Kotyk. Whatever awkward, but charming encounter he was hoping to share with Calira tonight was snuffed out like a candle in a strong wind storm. He told himself he shouldn't be surprised, where Calira was Kotyk was never far away. He loved his friend dearly, but he was such a pain sometimes.

"Evening, Kotyk, Calira." Fox said slowly walking into the room. Part of him regretted coming, but he knew the smartly burning wound on his arm needed taken care of. "Sorry to bother the both of you at such a late hour." Fox seemed to always be apologizing around Calira. Either for something he did or the manners of others around them. Why he felt the need to always be sorry to her he didn't know, but alas it was how it was.

"I was taking my shift and with it being so bloody dark out there I couldn't see a damn thing. One second I'm walking like a sober man and the next I'm sprawled out on the deck like a common drunk. I think I must have scraped it on something on the way down. No idea what though. Figured I should probably have it looked at." He explained to her as she looked at his forearm.

A small smile curled the side of his lips, something that Fox couldn't help do every time Calira was this close to him. For the moment he was lost in the way she looked, so casual but always so beautiful. Kotyk's speaking to him brought him out of his daydreams. "Come on Kotyk, Calira's probably the least daft person on this ship. But he is right. It wouldn't be a bad idea for you to know how to take care of yourself. Just in case there is ever a time me and Kotyk wouldn't be around to help you. Not that we would ever do that on purpose, but it would at least make me feel better if I knew you wasn't defenseless. I'm sure the same goes for Kotyk." He said, not really wanting to take sides, but he couldn't help but agree.