Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Argument (Countess and Open)

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2009, 07:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(this takes place after me and Countess' thread "New Friends and Good Beer". Since that thread has kind of died I decided to go ahead and post this. It's kind of a solo post, but Countess feel free to join in or if anyone else wants to, feel free.)

Weston had decided to sleep in a little longer, something that he didn't normally do. Bresthra had woken up earlier and told him that she had to go get her things at the bar they had been to last night. He said that was fine, he'd see her later and gave her a kiss before she got dressed and left the room. Last night had been something amazing, his head still spun whenever he thought about what had happened between him and the beautiful drow. He rolled over unto his back and put his hands under his head. With a loud sigh he thought about everything and nothing, not wishing to get up and have to start the day. Of course he didn't want the night to end either, but unfortunately life didn't work that way.

Finally he found the energy and got up. Since this wasn't his room he didn't have any fresh clothes to put on, so he just put on the pants he was wearing last night. He picked up his other clothes and then opened the door to leave the room. He could hear Charmaine messing around in the kitchen so he quickly but quietly ran down the hall and up the stairs before she could see him. He got to his room and shut the door silently. Why he was acting like such a child he didn't know. What was Charmaine going to do? Ground him, she wasn't his mother. He did feel a little guilty though he knew he shouldn't. Charmaine didn't feel for him the way he felt for her. Why shouldn't he enjoy the company of other women then? No matter how many times he told himself that the guilt still didn't go away. The strange thing was that he would sleep with Bresthra again if she wanted to.

In his room Weston searched for a new outfit to put on. Most of his clothes needed to be washed, so he had to look around for an outfit that was clean enough. Laundry was one of those things that he did not care to do. Finally he found an outfit that was okay. Black pants and a white under shirt, then a red long sleeved button up shirt to go over the white tank. The outfit looked very nice on him and showed off his physique favorably. He then went to the mirror to fix his hair. That's when he noticed how brightly the mark Bresthra had left on his neck was. It was also in a place that he would not be able to hide it at all. Oh well, as if Charmaine didn't know what had happen, so it didn't really matter if it showed or not. Finally he was ready and left his room to go to the kitchen and get something to eat.

He was in a very good mood, an after affect of the evening before, and wondered when Bresthra would be back. Charmaine was in the kitchen, a cup of coffee in her hands as she sat at the table. Charmaine was an early riser, but not as early as Weston normally. She was looking nice today. Her black and white hair was pulled into a high pony tail as usual, she had on a bright yellow tank, brown leather pants, and her trusty belt. She never went any where without that belt. "Good morning, Charmaine." He said joyfully as he walked over to the cool box to get out food. Weston was always the one to make breakfast for the two of them. Charmaine could cook, but she burned the food half the time.

"Morning." She said, rather curtly as she took a sip of her coffee. She had not had a good night at all. After her little conversation with Bresthra she had not been happy at all. Most of the night she spent pouting and fussing over nothing at all really. She didn't know why she was feeling the way she did and the things Bresthra asked her only made her more irritated at herself. She knew that Wes had never came to his room to sleep cause she'd never heard him. So this morning she was tired, confused, and still very irritated. Not so much at Wes or Bresthra, but at herself for not being able to control her own feelings. Of course feelings and emotions had never been something that Charmaine was good at dealing with.

The sharp tone that Charmaine had in her voice did not go unnoticed by Weston. They'd been together long enough for him to tell the tone of her voice. For the moment though he decided to ignore it. Something in the pit of his stomach told him her foul mood had to do with last night and he did not want to start anything right now. "I'll fry us some eggs and bacon. I'm sure you're as hungry as I am." He said, trying to act like they did every morning. Charmaine only grunted in acceptance of his decision. 'I wonder what's up with Charmaine? I know me and Bresthra wasn't that loud last night. Perhaps it was something that the two of them said to each other.' He wondered to himself. "So...um..What's the plans for the day?" He asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Charmaine sighed and leaned back in her chair with her cup of coffee. "I figured we can get Bresthra started on her training today. Whenever she decides to come back. Then if she seems promising, then tonight we can give her an assignment to complete before we accept her into the guild." She answered, but she was starting to doubt whether or not she wanted the drow in the guild with them. 'What am I saying? Of course I do. I want all the people I can get in the guild, no matter if they all sleep with Wes.' She amended her thoughts.

Weston had lit the wood stove and had gotten out the pans and skillets he needed to start breakfast. Already the bacon was starting to sizzle and he was just now breaking the eggs. He didn't have to ask how Charmaine liked her eggs, he already knew, sunny side up. He preferred his over easy. "Sounds like a plan. At least we won't be bored today." He said, trying to joke with her and failing. He flipped the bacon so the other side could get done.

"Didn't seem like you were bored last night." Charmaine muttered under her breath.

"What?" He asked, not hearing what she had just mumbled, but knowing it had been sarcastic.

"Nothing." She stated flatly meeting his eyes for the first time and then quickly looking away. She could not bring herself to fully look him in the eyes this morning. That feeling was still eating away at the back of her mind. "The food almost ready?" She asked, trying to switch his attention.

"Yeah, it's almost ready. Well, yours is ready." He answered, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Grabbing a plate he put her bacon and eggs onto it and then sat it down in front of her along with a fork to eat it with. Something was definitely up with Charmaine, she wasn't acting right what so ever. "Everything okay, Char?" He asked a bit worried as he got his food and then sat down opposite her.

Charmaine had been eating her eggs and enjoying the way they tasted. Weston was a pretty good cook, she had to admit. She was lost in her own thoughts when he asked her if everything was okay. "Hm? What? Yes, of course everything is okay. Why ever would you think something is wrong?" She answered a bit rudely.

"Jeez, Charmaine. You don't have to bite my head off. You just don't seem like yourself this morning." He said raising his hands in apology, then he started eating his own food. They sat in silence for awhile, Weston was starting to wonder where Bresthra was. If the drow had been here things might not be so awkward, or maybe it would make the situation more awkward. This was not turning out to be the good day he had been planning on enjoying. Still the awkward silence continued until they were both done with their meals.

Charmaine got up and picked up her plate. "Want me to get yours?" She asked in a flat voice. Weston nodded that was fine and pushed it towards her. She picked it up and then sat them both in the sink. She'd clean them later since she didn't feel like going out to get water at that moment. Weston made the meals, she cleaned up after them, that's how it worked. Weston got up and refilled his cup of coffee, the pitcher was on the left of Charmaine. So that left the side where his love bite was directly in view of her and of course she saw it.

Charmaine's eyes furrowed together in annoyance. Did he really have to parade that mark around as if it was a trophy? Part of her knew that she was acting too rashly, but she could not help herself, she was just not in a good mood. Charmaine also knew she shouldn't say anything about it as it would only cause problems. How she knew that she wasn't sure, but she knew that it was true. "So, you and Bresthra have a good time last night?" She asked rather sarcastically.

Weston absently placed his hand over the mark on his neck. He was not expecting her to ask him that at all. A blush crept over his cheeks and he looked away from her for a moment, not able to say anything. He knew that she knew that him and Bresthra slept together, but to hear her actually say something about it was all together different. He didn't particularly like the way she had asked it though, what was her problem? "Um..I don't think we really need to talk about it." He said, trying to avoid the conversation.

Charmaine sort of huffed at him and then walked away towards the front room. "Okay, fine. I don't want to know anyways." She should have never said anything it only made her more irritated. She honestly didn't want to know, but then again she did want to know. The conflict that was happening inside of her mind was about to drive her crazy. She sat down on the couch and continued to drink her coffee.

Weston sighed loudly and ran a hand through his hair. 'What am I to do now?' He asked himself, very lost and confused. Charmaine had never acted this way towards him so he had no idea how to make it better. He followed her in there and sat down in one of the chairs across from the couch. "Are you sure everything is alright? You don't seem to be yourself, at least not the Charmaine I know and love." He asked a bit worriedly.

Charmaine gave him a sharp look. "For the last time, everything is fine." She said in a huff and then added, "It's none of my business whom you do." Though she didn't realize it, she was acting very jealous. She displayed all the signs for it, even if she herself didn't realize it.

Weston looked at her, a bit angry now. "No, it's not any of your business. What I did last night is between me and Bresthra. Besides, why would you care anyways? You're not jealous are you?" He asked, starting to figure things out or so he thought. "That's it isn't it. You're jealous."

Charmaine looked at him incredulously. "I am not jealous. Why would I ever be jealous?!" She couldn't believe they were even talking about this. She wished she could take back ever saying anything about last night and that this conversation could just end.

A small smile appeared on Weston's face. She was jealous, it was painfully obvious now. Perhaps he was wrong about her not having feelings for him other than ones of friendship. If that was the case though he was going to feel really bad about sleeping with Bresthra no matter how much he enjoyed it. For if Charmaine was starting to feel for him, he might have ruined his chances with her because of last night. "I don't know. Why would you be jealous? The only thing I know is that you were perfectly fine with Bresthra when we were at the bar and now that you know we had sex you're all prickly and irritated. So you tell me Charmaine."

"Ah ha! So you did have sex with her. You admit it." She stated, though it wasn't really necessary. Anything to avoid answering his question though. Charmaine thought about it for a moment. Was she really jealous? Was that what that feeling was that had been biting at the back of her mind? Surely not, Wes was just a friend to her, nothing more. She was just worried that he had made a mistake and was going to regret it. That was all, wasn't it? She wasn't so sure anymore and that only served to make her more upset.

Weston couldn't help but roll his eyes at her. "Of course we had sex. I don't have to admit anything, I figure it's pretty plain to see." He said, pointing to his neck.  "Now stop avoiding the question. Why are you jealous?" He wasn't going to let up on her, he wanted an answer and he wanted it now.

"I'm not avoiding anything. There's nothing to tell because...I'M NOT JEALOUS!" She said loudly. "Why did you sleep with her? I didn't think you were the type to just sleep with women you'd only just met." She asked snidely, trying to pull the conversation to something other than jealousy. In the back of her mind she was curious why he hadn't tried to sleep with her if he was really that way.

"Why did I sleep with her? Hello, did you see her? She's gorgeous and at the bar she was practically throwing herself at me already. Any straight man that's able to would have done the same thing." He answered her quite bluntly whether she liked it or not. This was getting to be ridiculous, they never fought like this.

Charmaine didn't like the blunt answer. Was he implying that she wasn't gorgeous? Of course she didn't have the curves that Bresthra did but still she wasn't....'Oh my god, I am jealous.' The realization hit her like a ton of bricks. When did she become jealous of other women spending time with Weston? She couldn't answer that because he never spent time with other women, just her. Well, it would be a cold day in hell before she admitted it to him. "Well good for you then. I'm sure it's not the first time you've done a gorgeous woman that all men want. I guess I just don't know you as well as I thought." She snapped and then got up to go someplace else, any where else but there.

Weston of course followed her. There was no way he was going to leave the conversation at that. "Hey don't just walk away. We need to talk about this." He said, catching up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder to stop her movements. Charmaine quickly knocked it off, but stopped and turned towards him. He was starting to get really pissed off now. Not only at her, but at himself. "Of course you know me. You know me better than myself sometimes, but for your information I haven't slept with any woman for a long time until last night." He said in his defense.

Charmaine gave him a look that was disbelieving. "Right, I'm sure. I understand Wes. You a male, one with needs. You don't have to lie to me, I'm not a little kid you know." She put down her coffee cup on a desk that was in the hall and then crossed her arms. "Look, I don't care to know how many women you have done in the past. You can keep that information to yourself." She said sarcastically, sounding even more jealous.

"Oh my god, Charmaine. It's the truth. I am telling you the truth. Bresthra is the first woman I have slept with since...." He said and then stopped talking and just stared at her. Tired of this morning, tired of this conversation, just plain tired. "You know what, no. I'm not doing this. I'm done. Just forget it." He said raising his hands up in defeat, then he walked away from her back into the front room.

Charmaine was curious now, what was he going to say? She followed him back into the front room as she was not done with this conversation. At least not until he finished that damn sentence. "No, we're not done yet. Since what? Tell me." She asked demandingly.

Weston turned and looked at her. He didn't want to say, but he was so use to doing what she asked of him, it was almost habit. He sighed deeply. "I haven't been with another woman since before you rescued me five years ago. That's the truth whether you believe it or not." He said, his voice very worn out and exhausted. "You happy now?"

Charmaine looked at him confused. She did believe him, but at the same time she found it unbelievable. Surely it hadn't been that long for him. "Come on, you're pulling my leg. There's no way you could have gone that long." She said, her tone a bit softer. Charmaine didn't know a lot about sex, she was a virgin herself, but she had always heard that once you started having it, not having it for a long time was almost painful, especially for men.

"Well, I have. So you can see why I would sleep with Bresthra. First of all, I was drunk. Second, she was drunk and very hot. And thirdly, we were both willing. A part of me regrets it now, but then again I don't. Maybe next time you should get all the facts before you get so defensive." He said, feeling a bit hurt by her. He knew still that she was jealous, but he figured there was no way to get her to admit it. But he had to try, "So, you going to tell me why you're so jealous?"

If that was the case then she could understand why he would sleep with a woman he'd just met. His question though knocked her out of her thinking. "I'm not jealous. I don't know why you think I am, but I'm not." She answered, still denying it though she knew it was true. She was curious about one thing though and so she asked him about it. "Why in the world did you wait for five years to sleep with someone? There have been plenty of women we have run by in the past that would have loved to have gotten in your pants, why not them?"

Weston just looked at her a moment, then he looked as if he was going to say something, but decided against it. 'Should I? Should I really tell her why? Is now the best time for it?' He thought to himself. "Because..." he started, but couldn't continue. It had been secret for so long it seemed almost wrong to let it out now. Then again to have it out in the open would feel wonderful too and the ball wouldn't be in his court anymore. Of course he was afraid of what Charmaine would say and do, but it would feel so good to just let it all out. "Because of you Charmaine. You are the reason I haven't slept with anyone until last night."

Charmaine was expecting a wild answer, something shocking and interesting. She was not expecting, however, that the answer would be her. She stared at him confused, not understanding in the least what he meant by that statement. "Me? How am I the reason? I've never told you not to find lovers. You've always been free to do what you want." She stated, very confused and a bit snappy since he had basically just accused her of being the reason he never got laid.

He knew she didn't understand and was confused by his answered. As smart as Charmaine was and as well as she noticed things, she had missed something rather obvious about the person she was closest to. By this point Weston was really sick and tired of the whole morning. "Gods dammit, Charmaine. Are you really that oblivious?" He asked, almost as snappy. She just looked at him with a look that said, 'just tell me already'. "It's because I love you Charmaine. I've loved you from the minute you risked your life to rescue me and since that time I've only grown to love you more. But last night...last night I finally realized that you don't feel the same and probably never will. That's why I slept with Bresthra, it was my way of moving on. Of accepting the fact that my waiting for you the last five years has been pointless." He couldn't believe how easily that had been to say, though it was a bit on the harsh side. Hopefully she understood completely now. "I've gotta get some air." With that he turned and walked out the front door.

Charmaine was left standing there dumbfounded. Her mouth slightly hanging open and the spot on her forehead felt tingly where his lips had touched her. "He loves me?" She asked to no one but herself. "Dammit, what have I done?"